Navillera

NAVILLERA

You’re mine, understand?’ Those words kept repeating in Eunha’s mind since last night. She never expected or even dreamt that Yerin would say things like that to her. ‘I’m hers’?’ The thought of belonging only to Yerin made her blush. She doesn’t understand what the older girl refers to when she said ‘you’re mine’ to Eunha. She knows that Yerin was jealous about her and Sowon, but she only thought it’s just jealousy between friends. Well, Eunha is lovable to her unnies. ‘Could it—No, no there’s way she would like me, right? I mean, we’re both girls and she’s dating Taehyung sunbaenim. Besides, I don’t swing that way.’ She paused her thought for a brief moment. ‘Do I really have fallen for Yerin unnie?’ The latter ends up shouting as she stomps her foot in frustration due to her own confusion about the whole situation with Yerin. It surprises the raven-haired girl sitting on the hood of Sowon’s car. She looks at Eunha while raising her eyebrow. “What’s wrong with you?” She asked. Eunha realizes she’s acting out of the blue again. She turns to Sinb and smiles. “Nothing, it’s just that—the sun is too hot and they’re taking too long.” She lied. Sinb agrees by nodding. “What took them so long? We’re just going to the mall.” She let out a sigh and takes a bite of the bread stick. Eunha stares at Sinb and her gaze is noticeable. Sinb turns back to look at the older Eunbi. “What?”

 

“Nothing, nothing, it’s just that I was curious—about something.”

 

“About what?”

 

Eunha leans her back on the car’s door and tuck her hands inside the pockets of her short jeans. “How did you know when you—fall in love with someone?”

 

Sinb grins widely at the question. “Aigoo, is this about you and Yerin unnie?” She playfully wiggled her eyebrows. Eunha’s eyes widen and stands up straight with her gaze still at Sinb.

 

“What!? No way! This isn’t about Y-Yerin unnie.”

 

“Really? But, your cheeks are blushing, unnie.” Sinb pointed at Eunha’s face.

 

“I’ve told you, it’s hot. Jeez.” Eunha cover her cheeks with her hands as she looks the other way. Sinb let out a loud laugh seeing how flusters the latter is when she mentioned about Yerin. She calm herself down and clears . “Look, it’s fine. I’ll answer your question.” Eunha finally looks back at Sinb when she said that. “Well, how should I say? You started off having your heart fluttering and have that butterflies feeling in your stomach. It commonly happens when you’re being close to that person. Basically, whatever the person do, you’ll have all those feelings.” Eunha then remembers how she would often feel those things when she’s around with Yerin. Whatever the girl do, she would always have these weird feelings that she can’t explain. Either if she is talking, laughing or holding her hand, Eunha will feel her heart flutters and all. “Then, when you see that person being close with others, you would sometimes feel jealous about it. You start feeling angry and sad.” Sinb continues on her explanation. Again, Eunha reminisce the moment when she saw Yerin being all sweet to Sinb and felt really hurt, jealous about it. She even tried making her felt jealous too by clinging onto Sowon. “Of course, you always felt that you in need to do something for that person. You want to make the one feel very special and love. Even when it was enough, you will always think it’s not.” Eunha remains silent as she thinks about Sinb’s words earlier. Not an insult, but she knows for sure she isn’t the type to fall in love with a girl, more likely Yerin. But, it’s not impossible. Changes can happen within time. ‘Can I really have feelings for her?’ She asked herself about it. However, even she can’t answer that question of her own.

 

“Hey,” Sinb called to earn the latter’s attention. “It may seem weird at first. I know, especially when you’re going that way. It took me long to finally understood my feelings as well. But, believe me, you won’t regret it. Who knows? Maybe that person you like loves you back as well?” She smiles. Eunha smiles back at her and nods her head.

 

“Since when you’re wise, Hwang Sinb?” Eunha’s voice have a little of mocking. But, it meant for a mocking type of joke. Sinb chuckles and playfully punches the older one on the arm. “Since I met Yuju.” The best friends exchange sincere smiles to one another and Sinb whines when Eunha took a bite of her bread stick. As Eunbi line are having their friendly moment there, the other four come just in time.

 

“Yah! Sinb! How dare you sat on my car?” Sowon yelled from a far as her long legs quicken the pace. didn’t stop nagging.

 

“Opps, got to escape for a while.” Sinb shoves the remaining bread stick in before jumping off the car and runs away from Sowon. Yuju and Umji go after the pair to settle things down or else another fight will happen. It leaves Yerin, who is now approaching Eunha. The latter’s lips turn into a smile upon seeing her getting closer. But, it quickly fades when her heart begin to beat rapidly again. Yerin’s words from last night repeat itself in her mind. She can feel her cheeks getting warm due to her shyness. Eunha stands there like a statue. Yerin looks at her with a questioning expression. “What’s wrong?” She asked and tries to touch Eunha’s face but the latter becomes anxious that she backs away instantly. It made Yerin to frown. Eunha clears and fakes a laugh. “I just ate a bread stick. There’s crumbs on my face.” She lied. When she thought it will help the situation, her hope of calming her feelings go away when Yerin gets close. “Then, let me clean it for you.” She reaches out to Eunha’s cheek and softly rubs her hand to remove the crumbs away. As she does it, her gaze never left which makes Eunha more nervous than before. Looking at those beautiful, brown-orbs, she feels her heart will jump out from her chest soon for beating fast.

 

“All finish. You eat like a kid, Eunha-yah.” Yerin teased and Eunha’s anxiousness is gone just like that. She whines as her hands hitting Yerin (not hard) on the chest. The brunette laughs, her eyes becoming like a pair of crescent moons. She hold Eunha’s hands before pulling her close that their faces are just inches away. It caught the latter off guard. Yerin smiles. “I don’t mind feeding a kid like you though.” She said-her voice sounded genuine and soft. Eunha can feel the heart of hers’ racing again.

 

“Cheesy Yerin-unnie.” She whispered. But, Yerin can perfectly hears it and only let out a chuckle.

 

“I can be cheesy with you all day because I love doing it.” Yerin honestly spoke. Eunha looks at the smiling brunette again. ‘Maybe, I really do love you.’ She thought. ‘I wonder—if you--.’ Her mind is interrupt when Sowon approach them along with the others.

 

“Yah, you lovebirds, we were only gone for a few and now you’re about to devour one another’s lips?” She bluntly said. Both Yerin and Eunha blush madly by the eldest choice of words. Devour? Seriously? “Unnie!” They said unison and look at each other. “Aigoo, now you even speak at the same time.” She playfully threw another comment which make the pair to fluster over her words.

 

“It’s normal for a couple to be like that. I mean, I devour Yuju’s lips every day.” Sinb confessed, feeling proud to showcase her affection to her lover while Yuju can only shyly look away. Sowon mouthed a ‘nice’ to the raven-haired girl. “Why am I even here and hearing all of this?” Poor Umji cover her ears – preventing herself from hearing more of this provocative things her friends talking. “Let’s just g-go.” Eunha said and Yerin agreed with a nod. Well, the fact is, they just wanted to avoid Sowon and Sinb to talk more things like this about them. Sowon realizes her nervous ‘dongsaengs’ and inwardly chuckles at their actions. She loves teasing them. But, all those teasing mean that she loves seeing them as a pair. A real couple. Sowon always feel she’s some kind of a match maker. She likes it more to have her friends found true love rather than finding herself a lover as well. Nothing matters except for the happiness of her dongsaengs. “Fine, fine, let’s go. I’m hungry anyways.” She unlocks her car and everyone get inside. Unlike last time, Eunha is now sitting comfortably besides Yerin. It feels funny, just weeks before they were like strangers – not talking to another. Eunha felt uneasy whenever Yerin was around. Now, things are better again. Here they are, holding each other’s hand as the car moves to the nearby mall. Eunha just feels happy at the moment because she could see the old, loving Yerin again instead of the cold one.

 

                Finally, after about ten minutes since arriving at the mall, Sowon manages to find a spot to park her car. There are a lot more people here than usual since it is the holidays after all. They all exited the car, stretching themselves a little once getting out from the small vehicle. They enter inside the building in which they are immediately welcome with the cold breeze of the air conditioners.  “What should we do first?” Yuju asked to her friends. They didn’t really plan where they should go and what they will do today at the mall. They figure they’ll just know once they get there. “How about we shop some new clothes?” Sowon clap her hands at the thought of doing a mini shopping spree. Well, she seems to be the only one to love the idea though. Sinb shook her head. “No, I’m not going to be drag around to be ask which colour to pick. I mean, what’s the difference between orange sunset and orange fruit? All I see is orange!” Sinb said while gesturing her hand around. She reminiscing on the day she followed Sowon shopping once. She admitted that girl is picky and very detailed when it comes to fashion. She can’t even move her legs right after that day for standing too long just because Sowon can’t pick either to choose that pink or that type of pink. “No, I’ll go on somewhere else.” Sinb finished up her words. Sowon huffs in disappointment. “But, I just saw a cute dress earlier.” She pouted earning whines from her fellow dongsaengs. “Ah, you guys are so mean!”

 

Umji chuckles and holds her unnie’s hand. “Come on, let’s go see that dress.” She said. Sowon smiles, the youngest has always been so nice to her. “You’re my favourite dongsaeng now. Eunha, you’re out.” She gestured her hand at the latter.

 

“Hey, you wiped me out just because I didn’t agree to come?” Eunha felt a little bit disappointed.

 

“Nah, I did it since you’re Yerin’s now and she’ll get jealous if we’re too close.” Sowon talked back. Eunha didn’t expect that at all and have her face feeling warm because of embarrassment again. Yerin sees that and can’t help but smile at the adorableness. She put her arm around Eunha’s shoulder then pulls her close. “Yes, unnie. Eunha is mine.” She said – her tone didn’t sound playful but genuine. Eunha looks at the brunette who is smiling at her.

 

“Okay, now let’s settle this. We’ll go do our own stuff while you guys go shopping. How about we meet up after Sowon unnie finish?” Sinb asked.

 

“Call.” Umji replied. The others nod their heads as sign of agreement.

 

“Well then, we’ll be off first.” Sowon links her arm with Umji’s and they go ahead to the shop that they passed earlier.

 

“So, what should we do, babe?” Sinb asked Yuju as soon as the Kim pair left.

 

“How about we hit the arcade? My mom never let me into one. I really wanted to go.”

 

Sinb have her expression lighten up at the sound of the idea. She love video games and arcades. She often go to one after school ends. Of course, she also wanted Yuju to experience to play in an arcade place. Sinb feels it would be more special since they’re both will be doing it together. “Then, we will go there! I’ll teach you cool skills, baby. I’m really good at games.” Sinb smiled proudly.

 

“Yeah, we don’t mind either. I mean, we’re not really planning to go anywhere else.” Eunha said.

 

“Since everyone agrees, let’s go to the arcade.” Sinb held Yuju’s hand and the group started searching for the place. Eunha looks at the couple ahead of them. She feels a little jealous. ‘Must feel great to have be a couple.’ She thought. Jung Eunha is single. Sure, she has many guys asking her out for dates but she is never interested in any of them. Now, she have another reason to add. She is already in love with a certain brunette named Yerin. She can’t confirm her feelings yet but she knows she likes Yerin. She then feels a familiar holding hers’. She turns to the person beside her and sees a smiling Yerin. Her heart fluttering once more by their contact.

 

“Hey, you know what, we look like couples going on a double date.” Yuju said after seeing the pairs. Eunha turns to look at her with round eyes. “What?”

 

“I mean, you two look like a real couple. You guys are holding hands too.” She pointed at their hands.

 

“I-I…” “We look cute as a couple, right?” Yerin interrupted. “I don’t mind being her temporary girlfriend for today.” She cheekily smiled. Eunha feel her cheeks getting warm when Yerin said that. So, is this like a date? There’s Sinb and Yuju, so it doesn’t count? Or does is still consider as a ‘date’? This simple thing makes Eunha to get confuse on her own. “What’s wrong?” Yerin asked when she sees Eunha zoning out. “Did you feel—uncomfortable about what I said?”

 

Eunha shook her head. “No, no, it’s not that. I was just thinking.”

 

“O-Oh, about what exactly?”

 

The latter bit the corner of her bottom lip. “Well—mm, is this really a date? Like our date?” She didn’t know why she would ask that question. She must have thought about it too much.

 

Yerin smiles. “If you want, we can always call it a date. Like I said, I don’t mind being your girlfriend for today.” She lightly pinches Eunha on the cheek.

 

“Ay, stop! You’re making me look like a kid.” Eunha cutely whined. Yerin laughs lightly and nods her head as she says, “alright, alright, yeobo-yah.” She called out of the blue. Eunha feels her heart’s rate getting faster the moment she hears Yerin calling her like that. First, she said ‘you’re mine only’ and now she just called Eunha with the nickname ‘yeobo.’ Anything that Yerin does to her right now confuses Eunha about what exactly their relationship is? Friendship or perhaps more than that? Eunha didn’t get her hopes up too much. She didn’t want to feel disappointed since she knows Yerin can be a really playful person. She has no shame in calling her friends with sweet nicknames. But, it would be wonderful if she really meant it.

 

                After going around for a while, they found a huge arcade place. Sinb feel her lips curving upwards as excitement fills her. Yuju is looking quite confuse and curious. This is her first time after all. “I’ll go get the tokens.” Yerin volunteered herself and goes to one of three token machines while the others wait. “We know you guys went somewhere last night.” Sinb said. “Pardon?” Eunha lift her eyebrow. “I heard Yerin unnie coming out from the room and came back at 2 in the morning.” Yuju added. The couple are busy sharing secret kisses under their blanket so they end up sleeping late that night. That was why they noticed Yerin’s short disappearance for a while. “She’s with you, right? You two went off somewhere.” Sinb looks straight at the latter making her a bit fluster. “We both couldn’t sleep so we went to the rooftop to play fire crackers.” Eunha replied while rubbing the back of her neck. The pair look at each other with smirks on their faces. “Ay, you already planned to spent time alone, didn’t you?” Yuju teased. Eunha have her cheeks getting pinkish. “N-no. She was the only one that haven’t sleep yet. I was bored so I asked for her company.” Totally a lie.

 

“You’re not good at lying.” Sinb said. “Just admit it.”

 

“Admit what?”

 

“You asked me about what it felt to be in love.”

 

“You even asked me yesterday about that ‘getting someone jealous’ tactic.” Yuju added.

 

“We also knew you both went to see starfish alone at the beach.”

 

“And we saw you guys hugging, exchanging kisses and stuff…”

 

“Fine, I get what you mean!” Eunha stopped the two before her heart explode from embarrassment. She sighs. “Look, we-we were having a hard time. We decided to get along again. I guess we just miss being with each other, that’s all.”

 

“Eunha-yah,” Yuju called softly. “Are you sure that it’s not because you have feelings for Yerin unnie?” She asked. The question made Eunha to go deep in her thoughts again about Yerin. She, too, wasn’t exactly sure what is her true feelings for that brunette? “I-,” Before she could even answer that question, Yerin is already approaching them with two plastic bags filled with tokens.

 

“Here you go.” She gave one plastic to the couple.

 

“Wow, did you just robbed a bank? This is a lot.” Sinb commented.

 

Yerin chuckles, showing that smiling-eyes of hers’. “I found some extra bills in my pocket by accident. Lucky, huh?”

 

“Sure is! Yuju-ah, come on. Let’s leave this couple alone.” Sinb glances at Eunha as a signal that only they can understand and leaves the pair to play on their own.

 

“You guys look like you’re talking about something intense.”

 

Eunha only smiles to her. For now, she didn’t want to bother her mind with confusing things. Since they’re here, all she wants is to spend time with Yerin on their un-official date. “Come on, I saw a race car game earlier. Let’s race. Whoever loses have to buy snacks for the winner.”

 

Yerin have her ‘game-face’ on. “Call.” She smiled brightly. Eunha naturally holds Yerin’s hand and they go to the racing-car arcades. Their fingers interlace, fitting each other’s hands perfectly.

***

 

                Eunha and Yerin have gone through a few rounds of playing the race car games in which the latter wins by 2-4. She happily clap her hands and do a little celebration dance. Yerin only stares at her with a smile on her face. She didn’t care that she loses, in fact she actually given Eunha the chances to win by pretending she has no idea on how to use the controls. Yerin only wants to make Eunha satisfy. “I guessed I’ll be buying the snacks.” Yerin said. “How about ice-cream?” Eunha’s eyes lighten up by the idea. “Yes!” She nodded her head with a bright smile. Yerin chuckles and nods. “Let’s go.” She holds out her hand which Eunha gladly takes it and they hold each other’s hands again – as if they’re a real couple. Like Yerin have promised, she is the one to pay for the ice creams. Eunha picked a strawberry flavour with blueberry candy chucks while Yerin goes with a simple choice, vanilla. They gone looking for other interesting games to play with their remaining tokens. “Wah!” Eunha pointed at a huge stuff toy. Yerin follows towards the way she is pointing. “Ah, I really want that.” She cutely pouted. The brunette smiles at the adorableness. Well, and Eunha has no clue she has ice cream on the corner of her lips. “Stay still.” Yerin leans close to Eunha making the latter to blink her eyes anxiously. She could feel Yerin’s soft thumb touching the end of her lips and wiping the ice cream. “There you go.” Yerin gave a sweet smile.

 

“T-thanks, unnie.” Eunha shyly smiles back by the gesture earlier.

 

“You want that toy?” Yerin asked while pointing at it.

 

“Yes! Can you give some tokens? I want to play.”

 

“I was thinking maybe I--.” Before Yerin can finish her words, a boy – probably around Eunha’s age approach the pair while wearing a smile on his face. He has brown-haired and wore a black, sleeveless t-shirt. Yerin scrunches her nose in annoyance when he seemed to be getting close to Eunha.

 

“Hey,” He greeted. Eunha got a little surprise by the unknown boy’s sudden appearance but she put up a smile anyways to not be rude. Un-aware to her,  Yerin’s gaze turn colder by the second. “I saw you since earlier and I have to say, I am really attracted to you.”

 

Eunha feels shy by his comment. “Really?” She tucks her hair behind her ear, which earns a disbelieve look from Yerin. Well, the boy is quite good-looking. She admits that fact.

 

“Yes, I thought that maybe we should get to know each other. If you don’t mind, I have a gift.” The boy reveals a stuff teddy-bear from behind his back and presents it to Eunha. “As a greeting.” He threw another of his charming smile. Eunha squeals at the cute looking toy.

 

“F-for me?” She looks at him. He simply nods. Yerin looks from the other side with a very cold stare. She feels annoyed. To be more accurate, she feels jealous. This guy suddenly came to them and being sweet to her Eunha. Yes, her Eunha. She could almost crush the ice cream’s con in her hand but tries her best to maintain her calmness. Who do he think he is? Flirting Eunha in front of Yerin? As if the brunette isn’t there to witness this whole scene.

 

“The name’s Mark. Mark Tuan. How about you, my lady?” Mark showed his perfect set of shining, white teeth.

 

“I’m – Jung Eunha. This is my friend, Jung Yerin.” Eunha also introduced Yerin. Both of them exchange fake smiles with one another just to make Eunha feel satisfy.

 

“I was wondering if we can grab a lunch and talk? Don’t worry, it’s my treat.”

 

“Wow, are you sure?” Eunha’s eyes widen. Mark shrug his shoulders. “There’s nothing bad about it, right?” Oh, it’s bad. Really bad in Jung Yerin’s mind.

 

“Well, I guess not.” Eunha glances at Yerin who was standing beside her. She notices how Yerin’s expression turn very cold in just mere minutes. She immediately understands her feelings about Mark. Besides, today is their ‘date’. A day just for the two of them. “I’m sorry, but I can’t. I’m spending my time with Yerin unnie.” She politely rejected his offer. But, Mark is not the type to easily give up especially over a cute girl like Eunha.

 

“Come on, I’m sure your unnie here will be fine with you going with me.” Mark tried to persuaded her. But, Eunha knows better.

 

“I don’t think leaving her alone here is fine. I’m sorry.” Eunha rejected once more. Yerin could almost laugh seeing Mark’s expression turning slightly gloomy for being rejected the second time. She thought the guy should just scram right now before he embarrass himself. However, Mark kept smiling.

 

“She won’t mind, Eunha-sshi. You won’t regret going with me.” He grabs Eunha on the wrist and attempts to drag her but he couldn’t because Yerin is holding Eunha’s wrist too. She sharply gazes at him. She had enough of his flirtatious attitude. “Let go of her hand.”

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?” Mark retreats back his hold and stands close to Yerin. He is a bit of a tempered person. “No need to be jealous. I just wanted to take her for lunch.”

 

“Who the hell do you think you are taking my girlfriend away from me while we’re on a date?” It was the first time Yerin felt this angry to a total stranger. She just couldn’t take it anymore. His manner is pissing her off. Eunha and Mark, on the other hand, is taken aback by her statement. “Girlfriend? You guys are lesbians?” He mockingly chuckles at the two girls. “Disgusting. Especially you.” He pointed at Eunha which made the latter to starlet. “, too bad, you were so good-looking. Now, you’re nothing but pathetic.” He threw the teddy bear down on the floor and stepped on it with his boot. No doubt he is a snobby, rich kid. Eunha feel her eyes getting teary. His remark hurts her feelings. Without a second thought, Yerin grab the ice cream from Eunha and shove the frozen treats straight on his face. He groans by the pain cause by the coldness of the ice creams. Eunha gasps in shock, she has no idea that Yerin was that brave enough to do that kind of thing. Mark steps back while wiping his eyelids. “You’ll pay for that!” He shouted. But, Yerin didn’t feel scared at all. She holds Eunha’s hand and leaves the arcade place. Mark looks around to see people staring at him, some girls even laugh. He hisses in anger and left as well.

 

“U-unnie.” Eunha called but Yerin didn’t listen. She kept walking while dragging the latter. “Unnie.” Eunha called once more, however she was given no attention. “Unnie, stop!” She raised her voice. Yerin abruptly stop and turns her head sharply at Eunha, causing her to flinch. 

 

“What?” Yerin sounded mad. She is, her blood is boiling because of that guy and Yerin is a sensitive person. She could get angry easily especially things related to Eunha.

 

“Y-you’re hurting my hand.” Eunha’s voice is low but still audible. Yerin’s gaze soften and she looks at her hand holding Eunha’s hand tightly that her skin is turning reddish. She quickly let it go. She didn’t realizes her anger had caused her to gripped Eunha too hard. She lowers her head – feeling guilty.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to—I’m sorry.” Yerin sighs heavily as she lightly hit her forehead. “I’m such an idiot.”

 

“It’s okay, I get it. He was too much.” Eunha said. When Yerin lifts her head to look at her, she smiles. “I am your girl today. So, he shouldn’t had done that. He deserves it.” Eunha approaches Yerin and caresses Yerin’s cheek. “Besides, I won’t leave you.”

 

Yerin’s lips turn into a huge smile and she places her hand on Eunha’s. “I know—it’s just that I hate it when he just touched you like that. I felt really jealous. And the way he talked to you, I felt really pissed off about it.”

 

“Fine, how about we go somewhere else then? To release that anger of yours’.”

 

Yerin curiously lift her eyebrow. “Where?”

 

“I know. Let’s go.” Eunha hold her hand and they start to run like little kids at the mall. They’re smiling despite the weird stares they receive from the other people passing by. Turns out, the place Eunha meant is a roller-blading field where couples and even a few group of friends and families are there to skate. Yerin loves roller-blades. She used to do it back in middle school. How she misses the sport. “I—never told you I love roller-skating.” Yerin said. Eunha grins. “You didn’t. Sowon unnie told me about that. She said you used to be a skater.” Yerin feels her lips smiling once more. Eunha sure knows how to make her happy again in just a short time. “We should grab our roller-blades.” Eunha pointed at the counter. “But, do you know how to skate?” Yerin asked.

 

“Actually, no, I don’t.” Eunha confessed. She only came here for Yerin’s sake. She wanted the brunette to have her happy mood again.

 

“Well, I’ll teach you then. I’m a great teacher.” Yerin winked.

 

“I’ll love that.” Eunha smiled.

 

                They wear the roller blades, of course not forgetting the safety guards. Eunha tries standing up on her feet but ends up having herself almost fell on the floor. Yerin is quick enough to catch her in her arms. “Careful, you might get hurt.” Eunha nods her head. She ends up getting on the field with the help of Yerin. Her un-skilful legs keep wobbling and getting herself a hard time to balance. Yerin have her hands holding Eunha firmly on the waist so the girl won’t fall. She leisurely skates in a slow pace while guiding Eunha. “Just relax and don’t be anxious. You should be balance if you keep calm.” Yerin said, while they move in a short distance per minute. Eunha tries really hard to try skate naturally however she keeps messing up. She ends up tipping forward. Yerin chuckles seeing Eunha’s determination turn into a sulky pout. “Hey, hey now. What’s with the pout?” “It’s hard, I almost fell all the time.” Eunha whined as she slaps her thighs – trying to get her legs some sense. They stop skating to take a quick rest. “You know, it wasn’t easy for me too. I fell so many times until I couldn’t count. I remembered my knees and elbows bruised badly.”

 

Eunha looks at worriedly. “Must have hurt.”

 

“It does, but I don’t mind. I always told myself not to stop until I can skate gracefully. I was really bad on ice so I wanted to ace on concrete ground with roller-blades. I never gave up, even once. It was painful whenever I fell yet I kept standing up. I have a strong will to succeed. So, I’m giving this will of mine to you.” Yerin taps her finger on Eunha’s nose and laughs when the latter scrunches it.

 

“I don’t know. I’m not really confident.” Eunha admitted.

 

“Then, I’ll bring that confidence for you. Trust in me.” Yerin held out her hands with a reassuring smile. Eunha reach for her hands and have their fingers lock. Yerin start to skate while carefully bringing the latter with her. “I’ll hold to you. Don’t be scared and just move your feet.” Eunha did like Yerin told her. She breathes deeply and put away her fear of falling. She begins to move her feet – this time the movements are more natural. “Good, good.” Yerin praised as Eunha start to skate on her own while she holds her with one hand. “Keep going, you’re doing great.” Eunha’s face turn bright upon seeing herself being able to skate with those roller blades. After a while, Eunha’s skills turn better and she feels her confidence boosting. They have been going around for almost an hour now. The pair go to the side again to rest themselves. “How about we do this? I’ll skate until there and you’ll go to me.” Yerin suggested while pointing at the distance she will be going.

 

“Unnie, I don’t think I can skate on my own just yet.” Eunha felt quite worried.

 

“No way, you were really good there. You’re ready.” Yerin straighten her back and skates to a spot not far away. “I believe you can do it.” She show two thumbs up to the latter. Eunha sighs, gathering her courage together.

 

‘I can do this.’ She looks at Yerin. With a bit hesitation, she skates slowly towards the brunette. She starts off almost falling but manages to get herself balance once more. “Unnie.” She called.

 

“It’s fine, Eunha. Take your time.” Yerin encouraged her. “You can do this.” Eunha stares at her and her anxiousness is fading away when she sees Yerin’s sweet smile. As she took another deep breath, she skates her way to Yerin in a slow pace. She keep her legs moving naturally and try to not lose her balance. She smiles brightly when she sees herself to be able to skate now. “Unnie, I did it!” She chirped happily while she still skates towards Yerin. Yerin also smiles at her achievement. “See? I told you, you could do it.” Eunha is almost near Yerin when another skater comes from another way accidently bumps on her and making her to lose her balance. Yerin quickly skates towards Eunha and caught her in the arms before the two of them fall together with Yerin’s back landing on the floor. Their eyes go wide when Eunha’s lips accidently kiss the corner of Yerin’s lips.

***

                As soon as they arrive from the mall, Yerin immediately exits the car and go straight to their shared room – leaving the others. Eunha looks at the brunette who was getting further away from them. She bit her lower lip as she reminisce the incident that happened between them few hours ago at the mall. After they had accidently kissed, Eunha immediately stood up and left Yerin laying there with wide eyes. She held her lips while her heart beating fast in her chest. “Unnie, I-I’m really sorry. I—I didn’t mean to-.” She was lost for words. Yerin gets up from the ground. “Let’s go, Yuju and Sinb must be looking for us.” She spoke but her eyes were avoiding Eunha’s gaze. Instead of holding her hand, Yerin only grabbed her wrist and they skate to the side. Eunha felt guilty for being clumsy. She tried speaking but she ended up holding back. Yerin wasn’t looking at her or even talking. She quietly took off her roller blades and they left the place. They did not exchange a single word after that. Eunha wanted to talk so badly but it seemed Yerin was really avoiding her. Things reminded Eunha how it used to be before, and she feared it will happen again. Yerin being cold to her.

 

“Is Yerin okay?” Sowon asked once they got inside the room.

 

“She’s fine. Tired, I guess.” Eunha lied. She is sitting on the single bed, staring emptily at her phone’s screen. She had been thinking either she should text Yerin or not but she hesitates. She is afraid she won’t get any reply.

 

“Well, she was being quiet. Did something happened between you guys?”

 

Eunha fakes a smile and shook her head. She didn’t feel right telling the eldest about the incident. “No, we were playing and Yerin unnie said she had a headache.”

 

“Well, she should’ve just told us. We could get home much early.” Sowon said, feeling worried.

 

“You know her, she just didn’t want to ruin people’s day.” Eunha answered and turns her gaze down on her phone’s screen again.

 

“If you say so. I better check on her after this.” Sowon continues to check the new clothes she had brought earlier from the mall. Umji comes into the room after a short while. She was visiting the ones living next to them and just came back. She sits on the bed with Sowon. “Wow, unnie, these clothes are pretty.” She examined the set of clothes laying there. Sowon smiles – feeling proud by her sense of style. That is why she is going to major in fashion next year at the University. “Oh, I’d almost forgot.” Umji stands up to walk towards Eunha and hands her a white bag. “Here you go, unnie.” The latter curiously looks at the bag and raises her eyebrow. “What’s this?” She asked as she took the bag into her hands. Sowon is also curious. Umji shrug her shoulders. “Yerin unnie gave it to me back at the mall. She said it was for you. She told me to give it when we arrived.” Eunha feels her heart beating slightly fast as she opens the bag. It had a black box inside. When she takes off the top of it, she sees a beautiful bracelet.

 

‘She bought me a bracelet?’ Eunha thought. She looks at the precious gift with a small smile forming on her lips. The colour of the beads suits her which is pink mix with white. It was simple yet look dazzling in Eunha’s eyes. She wears it on her wrist and happily stares at it.

 

“Since when Yerin bought that?” Sowon pointed at the bracelet. They can’t recall the time Yerin went to a shop to buy bracelet.

 

“I don’t know. But, it’s pretty.” Eunha lightly trace the tip of her fingers on the beads. She looks inside the bag again to find a card. She takes it to see Yerin had written her a letter.

 

I’m sorry about the incident. It was an accident. I felt awkward and I also felt guilty about it. But, I don’t want our relationship to be like before anymore. So, please accept this gift. From your one-day girlfriend, Jung Yerin <3

 

Eunha smiles afterwards. At least, nothing changes between them. But, remembering about the kiss, she couldn’t help but to blush at the scene. She could still feel the softness of Yerin’s strawberry, flavoured lips. Her cheeks involuntary becomes red. Sowon and Umji weirdly stare at her. “Why are you embarrass? Oh, is it a love letter?” Sowon wiggled her eyebrows playfully while Umji laughing lightly. “N-no, jeez.” Eunha ends up throwing a pillow at the tall girl and goes to face the wall instead. She holds her thumping chest. ‘Dang it, here it goes again.’ She tries calming herself. But, she just couldn’t stop feeling shy and anxious. She knows she cannot deny what she felt for Yerin. She is for sure, know that she is in love with her. Jung Eunha has fallen for Jung Yerin. But, even if she have finally realize her feelings, she can’t do anything about it because Yerin is already dating with Taehyung. She bitterly smiles on her own as her eyes become teary. Sowon and Umji are too focus on the new clothes to notice Eunha’s mood. The latter feel her tears about to fall so she quickly wipes it away with her thumb. ‘Bwoya? Why does it hurt so much?’ She felt like chuckling to her pathetic self. Would it be great if Taehyung was out of the picture? If she could just be the one that Yerin loves instead of that guy. If only that can happen.

 

Despite all the sweet things they do for each other, Eunha won’t able to have Yerin’s heart because it already belongs to someone else. ‘Idiot, it’s just—a crush. You’ll get over it.’ She encouraged herself but she is fully aware her feelings for the brunette is more than just a crush.

 

                That night, the group of friends just decide to have a simple dinner inside Sowon, Umji and Eunha’s room. They are having instant noodles, rice cakes and other dishes. The four people in the room are having a great time devouring delicious food except for the two who just sat there with plastic cups in their hands. Eunha is leaning her back on the bed while staring down at the half-drink cola inside her cup. She seems to be deep in her thoughts. Of course, she is. She only thinks about Yerin at the moment. The more she is having this thought about her feelings towards Yerin, the more she feels her heart hurting. It made her sighing again, for the ninth time for the night. She wishes she is drinking alcohol instead of cola right now. Well, Eunha never drinks before but maybe getting drunk would be okay as long as she won’t feel upset. At least, she will enjoy their last night here. Unfortunately, she is still underage. She finishes off the whole cup of cola and is about to pour again when someone grabs the bottle first. She looks up to see the person is Yerin.

 

“What’s with that face?” The brunette asked and helps Eunha to pour the cola.

 

Eunha wet her lips. “Nothing, I’m just sleepy.” She leans herself back on the edge of the bed and only holds the cup. Yerin sighs. She thought Eunha must have been thinking about the kiss when she was actually thinking about something else.

 

“Let’s just forget about it.” Yerin said. “I mean, it was an accident. We shouldn’t be bother about it.”

 

“I know.” But, Eunha didn’t want to forget because she is in love with Yerin. For real.

 

“Sorry for being too clumsy, Eunha-yah.” Yerin apologized while rubbing her thumb on the cup in her hand.

 

“No need, I’m not mad or anything so you don’t need apologize.” Eunha replied. She still have her gaze down on her laps.

 

“Eunha, I--.” “How’s your relationship?” The latter cut her words before Yerin could even finish. “With Taehyung sunbaenim. You’re dating him, right?” She asked – her voice sounded quite serious and sad. Yerin is taken aback by her sudden question. She didn’t expect Eunha would mention about the guy. She scoots to sit next to Eunha and leans her back on the edge of the bed as well.

 

“Taehyung is nice. He’s friendly and good-looking. Not that smart, but he is reliable at some times. I like him.” Yerin said. Eunha feels herself tearing apart inside. She didn’t know what emotion she is having; anger, disappointment and sadness. She feels her grip on the cup is getting a bit tighter. She feels hurt that she could let her tears falling now but she holds it as much as she can. “T-that’s good. I’m happy for you.” She spoke, her voice almost cracking. She feels like crying. “I’m not dating him though.” Eunha snaps her head to look at Yerin with round, shock eyes. Did she heard it right? Did Yerin really said that? “What?” Yerin smiles a little. “He’s just a friend. Taehyung have a ‘hyung’ named Jin who turns out to have interest in Sowon unnie. We were just trying to make them close.” She explained. “I-I see.” Eunha tries to not shout in happiness. She is already having a hard time trying to supress the wide grin on her face. It means Yerin is single and Taehyung is nothing but a friend. She doesn’t hate him so much like before. Could it be she might have a chance to have Yerin’s heart? The thought of having that opportunity makes Eunha to smile even more. She doesn’t want to forget about that kiss because she wants to feel Yerin’s lips again.

 

‘I want you to be my girlfriend soon, Yerin-unnie.’ Eunha thought.

 

                Once dinner is finish, they all stay for a while to talk about random things until the clock strikes 2.30 in the morning. Most of them are already sleepy and feeling tired after the trip at the mall. So, Sowon calls it a day and the trio wish good night before leaving the room to go to their own. Sinb have to carry sleeping Yuju on her back with Yerin following from behind. Just when the light is off, Sowon and Umji immediately fallen asleep like babies. They must be exhausted from all the shopping they did. Eunha, however, is having a hard time to sleep. She is currently staring blankly at the wall. Her eyes just wouldn’t let her to sleep. She have her phone charging so she couldn’t play or listen to music to help her sleep. Probably, the excitement of knowing Yerin is single got to her. She is too happy her tiredness fade away just like that. But, it frustrates her since she didn’t have anything to do. After a while, she finally gets up from the bed and decides to go outside instead. Her feet mindlessly walking as she enjoys the night’s cold, refreshing breeze. She didn’t feel scared since there are lights everywhere. Having no place to go, she ends up going to the pool nearby. The latter thought she would be alone but to her surprise, someone else is there. Yerin is sitting on the edge, dipping her feet inside the water while staring at the night sky. “Unnie?” Eunha called.

 

                The girl sitting at the poolside turns around at her and smiles. “Oh, Eunha. It’s you. What are you doing out here?” She asked. Eunha approaches Yerin and takes a seat next to her. She didn’t answer. Instead, she looks at Yerin’s feet wiggling inside the water; forming small waves in that certain area. She chuckles. “Isn’t it too cold?” Yerin’s lips curve into a small smile. “Yeah, but I like it. Gives me some sense of peace inside.” She replied while staring down at her moving feet. “Really?” Eunha asked and receives a nod from the brunette. She thought about the idea and decides to take off her own slippers to deep her feet inside the water too. She shivers at the coldness of the water. But, at the same time, she feels what Yerin had told her-peace. She becomes calm and her body feels relax.

 

“So, how is it?” Yerin looks at the latter who is currently closing her eyes.

 

“Calming.” Eunha replied while smiling. Yerin stares at her for a moment without Eunha realizing it. At that time, she feels her heart beat starting to rise and her cheeks blushing a little. Probably there are visible, pinkish shades if she looks at herself in the mirror. Eunha looks beautiful. Her smooth, milky skin is gorgeous under the moonlight. It made Yerin anxious and shy. She gulps – trying to control her feelings. She only knows Eunha for about a year, she recalls. But, she had witness that kid-like girl growing up to be a pretty lady. Boys are all over her at school. No wonder they like her, she is that type of girl you wanted to date. Yerin is also secretly having that feelings too, except she isn’t a male. Yes, for a long time, Yerin is actually in love with Jung Eunha.

 

                Once again, her mind is being occupied by her painful, silent love for Eunha. She knew perfectly well that even if she have the guts to confess her true feelings for her, she expected to be rejected anyways because Eunha is not that type. Even worse, it will ruin their friendship that she have work hard trying to build and surely Eunha won’t ever look at her the same again. Tears suddenly pooling in Yerin’s eyes without her permission. She have been holding back for a long time now. It hurts her, in so many ways. She always find herself feeling painful, but she never distances herself from Eunha. She tried once; acting cold and trying to avoid Eunha as possibly as she could. But, here she is, letting herself to go back to being in a hopeless, one sided-love relationship with Eunha again. Not wanting to cry, Yerin abruptly stands up and goes a few steps backwards before jumping into the cold water. Eunha feels the water splashes and quickly open her eyes to see Yerin submerge inside.

 

“Unnie!” She shouted – feeling surprise by her sudden of action.

 

“Sorry,” Yerin let out a fake chuckle. “I just felt like swimming.”

 

“Unnie, are you crazy!? You’ll catch a cold! It’s windy right now.” Eunha scolded her out of worriedness.

 

“It’s fine, I’m used to swimming during these times.” Yerin smiles but her attempt to lie fails because of the sound of her shaky voice. It is obvious she feels really cold and practically shivering under the water.

 

“Stop lying to me. Jeez, you’re—so childish. Wait, I’ll go find a towel.” Eunha stands up from the poolside. She is about to walk away to get Yerin a towel but the floor got slippery because of the splashed water that she loses her balance and accidentally falls into the water. Yerin’s eyes widen upon seeing the scene. “E-Eunha!” She quickly swims her way to the latter and grabs her on the waist before she got submerges deeper into the water. Having short legs, Eunha is having quite a hard time to keep her head up above water. She can’t swim that well. Thankfully, Yerin is tall and knows how to swim well. Eunha have her arms wrap around the brunette’s shoulders and her legs around her waist. Yerin stiffen by the closeness of their bodies.

 

“U-u-unnie, it’s c-cold.” She shivers. Her short, black hair is completely wet, making her to look prettier in Yerin’s sight.

 

She clears . “You should have been careful.” She shyly said and turns her gaze at other direction. “See? You’ll get yourself a fever later.”

 

“Then, warm me up.” Eunha bluntly said. She didn’t know why but it just slip out from . She does feel really cold but she wouldn’t expect herself to have said those words.

 

Yerin’s eyes widen – clearly she is stun by her statement. “H-huh?” She confusingly eyeing the latter who was hugging her tightly right now.

 

“I said, warm me up, Yerin.” For the first time, Eunha did not call her unnie. She only called her by her name. She knows she is acting weird right now but she simply do not give a damn about it anymore. Why? She, too, is in love with Jung Yerin. She just wants to express that feeling of hers’. “Warm you up?” Yerin tries to control her rapid heartbeat. Eunha pulls her closer. “Yes, warm me up. I’m feeling really cold.” She leans forward that their foreheads touch. “Please.” Her hot breath tickles Yerin’s burning lips.

 

                The brunette cannot control herself anymore. They are inside the pool, hugging each other and both are crazy in love. Yes, none of them have a clue but they will, soon. Yerin holds Eunha’s cheek and gently rubs her thumb on the smooth skin of hers’. Slowly, she leans her face closer. There is hesitation, but Yerin keeps moving on with her current action. Finally, their lips touch. As the older one, Yerin begins to move her lips first into the kiss. Eunha only follows her instinct on what feels right and soon they perfectly move in sync. It make their hearts fluttering with happiness and just fill with love. Yerin pulls Eunha’s waist to make them closer as the latter tighten her wrap on Yerin’s shoulders to deepen the kiss. It’s not too passionate but more to a sweet kiss. Still, it took their breaths away and they pull away from each other but their foreheads keep leaning on each other’s.

 

“I love you.” Yerin blurted out. Eunha looks at her with a surprise face. She loves her? For real? This means, it was never been a one-sided love after all! “Unnie.” Eunha’s voice sounded almost like a whisper. She is feeling really happy that she is close into tears. Reality snaps back to Yerin. She just realizes she have told Eunha about her true feelings. She thought she had messed up. She was supposed to keep that love of hers’ as a secret from Eunha but now she had revealed it to the latter. Unknown to Yerin, Eunha feels joyful about it but she thinks otherwise. It was totally wrong of her. The kiss was an accident. Eunha would never love her the same way as she did. They were caught up in the moment and they just did it. No, Eunha would never have feelings for her.

 

“I have to go.” Before Eunha can even say a word, Yerin have already carried her to the poolside and gets out from the water. She immediately walks away, leaving Eunha behind. “Unnie! Unnie, wait!” She called out but the brunette didn’t stop. She keeps her gaze straight forward – trying her best to ignore the calls from Eunha. Her tears are threatening to fall. Eunha didn’t give up though. She continues to chase Yerin. “Unnie, I said, wait!” She finally caught up to her and stands in front of Yerin to make her stop. “Unnie, look. I…”

 

“Eunha, it was a mistake!” Yerin looks up to her with teary eyes and a red nose. “We were just caught up in the moment! There’s nothing more than that.” She sniffs. Yerin tries to hold back her tears but she miserably fails as soon she finds herself crying and it shock Eunha. “I was a fool. I shouldn’t—I shouldn’t have kissed you. I shouldn’t have said about my true feelings for you! No, I wasn’t supposed to do that. I-I.” She pauses for a moment to wipe her tears away. “I’m sorry. I was wrong. You’ll probably think how weird I am to have fallen in love for you. I can’t help it. I guess I was just attracted to you and my heart j-just can’t stop loving you. I’m really a mess and I-I get it if you wanted to stay away from after this. I did a mistake to you. I’m sorry.” She clutched her chest. Eunha ends up tearing up as well, thinking how blind and foolish she is. How did she not notices? Those loving gaze, gentle gestures, sweet talks, hugs and kisses. It was more than just a friendly way. Eunha should’ve realizes about it from the start.

 

                She approaches Yerin and lifts the girl’s chin up so their eyes would look at one another. Yerin looks so emotionally hurt right now. Eunha sigh and her lips form a small smile. “You didn’t give me the chance to reply back to your confession earlier.” She tucks Yerin’s hair behind her ear before capturing the brunette’s soft lips once again. Yerin got surprise by the sudden move, but soon melts herself into the kiss. They both close their eyes as they pour out their love and savouring the moment. Eunha pulls away first to see Yerin’s daze face. She giggles and it made the older girl to open her eyes. “I love you, Yerin. Not a lie, but it’s the truth. I really love you.” She confessed while ruffling with Yerin’s wet hair. “Now, that I’ve confessed, would you still want to avoid me and my love for you?” Yerin smiles brightly- her beautiful smiling eyes showing. “No, I don’t want to avoid anymore.” She pulls Eunha close with her strong arm and stares at her with a loving look in her eyes. She is beyond happy. She thought everything had come to an end when she kissed her. Turns out, it was the opposite. She have no regrets about any of it. If she kept resisting, she would never have known that Eunha is actually in love with her too. Which leads to that question. “Jung Eunha, would you be my girlfriend?” Eunha smiles to her. “Yes.” She winks while imitating the sound of the camera’s click. “I’ve took a picture of you and printed it out in my heart.” She ended up whining for her cheesy choice of words and have her face burry on Yerin’s shoulder. The brunette is smiling like a fool. She did not care at all if her cheeks hurt from smiling too much.

 

“Hey,” Yerin called and Eunha looks at her. “I love you and already printed you in my heart.” She holds her cheek and leans for another kiss. Eunha smiles on Yerin’s lips and hugs her on the neck. Suddenly, a radio owned by a late-night staff of the resort started to play a love song nearby as the lovebirds enjoy their sweet loving, kiss.

 

‘Nananavillera~’

 

***

 

“Ugh.” Sinb slowly open her eyes. The room is still slightly dim since they have the curtains close. Yuju grunts under the blanket and burry her face deeper into the crock of Sinb’s neck. “Babe, turn off the alarm.” She whined with her eyes still close. Sinb tries reaching out for her phone on the nightstand to turn it off but another hand from the bed besides them grabs it first and turns the alarm off. “Ah, thanks, Yerin-unnie.” Sinb lazily said. “Thanked Eunha, not me.” Yerin spoke back, pulling the blanket downwards; revealing sleepy Eunha in her arms. They both wear each other’s clothes; Yerin wore Eunha’s while Eunha wore Yerin’s. Sinb is shock to the latter sleeping on the same bed as Yerin and immediately sit on the bed. Yuju’s head fall from her shoulder, causing her to awake from her sleep.

 

“Yah, why did you do that?” Yuju hits her girlfriend on the arm with her eyes still close.

 

“Eunha unnie, what are you doing here?” Sinb almost shouted. Yuju have her eyes shot open upon hearing the name and looks at the bed next to them.

 

“Omo, omo, omo.” She gasped.

 

“Guys, cut it out. My girlfriend is trying to sleep here.” Yerin pulls the blanket to cover Eunha more and hugs her to keep her warm. Eunha leans her head close to Yerin’s neck as she continues to sleep. “GIRLFRIEND!?” Yuju and Sinb shouted at the same time, surprise by the news. Yerin glares at the couple making them to shut their mouths. She shook her head and close her eyes to go back to sleep. “Sweet dreams.” She whispered and kisses Eunha on the forehead. The latter secretly smiles in her sleep. 

 

A/N: Oh gosh, finally I finished this! :D It's 4.00 in the morning and I managed to get this done. Ugh, my back is hurting but it was worth the pain. The last part of my one-shot, Navillera. Yay! Cheers for the couple, ey? :p We all know they would be together in the end anyway. Thank you for the subs and upvotes from you awesome readers! I mean, Gfriend is still not quite a popular name in AFF yet so I will certainly contribute more in the future. It's been fun writing this. Enjoy! @reowesomeshikshin 

 

[NEWS] Like I said, I would write more about Gfriend. Just news for Gfriend's fiction readers out there. ;) I am currently working on a few. I am writing 'Our Beautiful Days' featuring milky couple, UmjixSuga (BangtanFriend) and Alice Academy: School For The Special Gifted starring Gfriend, SNSD, IOI, TWICE, BTS and other groups as well. Please look forward to these. Hihi.