문이 닫히면 (When The Door Closes)

[Collection] B2ST One-Shots

"There’s still time left. I can still change the game" Doojoon thought as he run towards the ball.

Everyone was already losing their hope to win. Doojoon focused his mind and was about to kick it when the opponent slid himself under Doojoon and tried to steal the ball from him. The opponent got the ball and kicked his winning goal.

A loud thud was heard from their room.

“What was that?!” Gikwang was awaken by the sound. “Yah! Don’t hit your head on the wall again. Aish!” Gikwang ruffled his hair in irritation.

“If only I noticed that he was near me, I should’ve… we should’ve… won…” Doojoon was in the verge of tears.

Gikwang realized that Doojoon was still suffering from depression since they lost their chance in making it to the soccer finals.

“Don’t worry about that. It’s not your fault. We all have mistakes that time. Come on, don’t blame it all on yourself, and will you please stop hitting your head on the wall, it’s irritating” Gikwang stopped Doojoon from hitting his head again on the wall.

“I can’t help not to blame myself. We should’ve won… “ Doojoon shoved Gikwang’s hand and started hitting his head again on the wall.

Gikwang sighed and left Doojoon in the room. He went out and came across with Dongwoon.

“Hyung, what happened to Doojoon hyung?” Dongwoon asked.

Gikwang explained what happened, then Dongwoon went inside the room.

“Hyung?” Dongwoon said as he closed the door behind him.

Doojoon was still banging his head on the wall.

“Hyung, don’t blame yourself” Dongwoon approached him. Doojoon just ignored the maknae.

“It’s not yet the end of time. Don’t blame yourself. It’s not your fault, I think it’s the goalkeeper’s fault. He didn’t caught the ball right?” Dongwoon laughed a little, but Doojoon was still hitting his head. “Hyung, do you know, that when a door closes, another one opens, right?” Dongwoon smiled. Doojoon stopped hitting his head and faced the maknae.

“What do you mean?” Doojoon finally asked.

“It’s like there’s still another chance, hyung”

“There’s no more chance Dongwoon-ah. We already lost the game. We’re out”

“No, don’t think—“

“Yah! Doojoon-ah! Coach called and he said there’s still the wildcard game!” Gikwang suddenly entered the room.

“WHAT?! Really?!” Doojoon went to Gikwang who was eye smiling.

“Yeah! It’s true!”

Doojoon high-five with Gikwang before glancing at Dongwoon and smiled at him.

“When the door closes, another one opens, eh? ...” Doojoon laughed as he ruffled the maknae’s hair. "I'll remember that"

END