Lights Go on Again

[Collection] B2ST One-Shots

 

Creepy shadows, faint noises, soft sounds, glowing red eyes surrounding the dark room …

He can’t stand it. He went under his bed cover and hugged his legs tightly. He suddenly remembered what his mother told him when he was 9.

“Gikwangie, don’t be afraid. There are no ghosts or monsters. They aren’t real” his mother told him as she caressed Gikwang who was lying on her lap.

Gikwang rose up. “But, omma! It’s true. I saw them. I can see them. They’re calling me. They’re everywhere.” He sobbed.

“Here, Here, shhh…Stop crying now. Here, come with me.” his mother took his hand and led him to the room where he saw the ghost of a boy with a dark gray balloon.

Gikwang stopped walking and removed his hand from his mother when he saw that they’re going to the room.

“Omma! No,I don’t want to go there. I’m scared. I still see him. I can still see his balloon. He’s there beside the window.

His mother patted his head and led him again to the room. Gikwang closed his eyes.

“Don’t worry son” she the lights. “Look, there’s no one here. Even the balloon you said isn’t here either.”

Gikwang slowly opened his eyes and saw that his mother was right. The boy’s not there.

Since that time, he never encountered those kind of appearances until today.

“Why did this things keep on happening again? Aish~ when will this power blackout end? I really hate these kind of things” Under the covers, he said to himself hugging his legs more tightly.

He was about to peep out to check if the red eyes were still there, when he heard Hyunseung announced that the electricity was back. Ignoring the creepy shadows and noises, he jumped out of the bed and run towards the light switch.

Don’t be a scaredy cat Gikwang! Open your eyes. He thought.

He was glad that the shadows were just from the tree branches and the red eyes were from the glow-in-the-dark noses of 2 Rudolph the reindeer plush toys on the table. Gikwang went out of the room to join s in eating the dinner without noticing that a boy was sitting on his bed with a dark gray balloon on his right hand.

“Hyung, come play with me~…”

Gikwang turned around and saw nothing but a messy bed in a clean room. 

END