Seven

Hidden

Taemin sat sulking in his room. It was early in the morning, yet he was awake. In fact, he laid awake through the entire night. He knew Minho didn't mean to harm him. He knew he was trying to help, but he couldn't stop himself from attacking the older male. Minho had always been his best friend and, dare he say it, his favorite in Shinee. 

"Morning" he heard the other members shout. 

His eyes shot open. Was it already time for them to wake up? The one time that he was drifting off to sleep he was rudely awoken by his band members. Taemin sighed, sitting up and running a hand through his hair. He plotted ways to avoid Minho, mostly due to embarrassment of his out burst, but also because of hatred. Well, not hatred but he did dislike the man at the moment. 

Jinki had thought Taemin was recovering nicely, until Minho had announced it to the manager. The days where Taemin would hide in his room for the day had decreased massively, yet he hadn't come out since last night. They knew he wasn't ok, yet said nothing. They knew he was probably slashing his skin behind that door, but they couldn't do anything. They had tried asking to go in. They tried begging to get in. They had commanded him to open the door, even threatened to knock it down, but nothing seemed to work. Jinki knew the young male was probably heart broken. He saw how Taemin looked at Minho with love and care. Jinki had known that Taemin liked Minho, because he told him. 


1 year ago


"Minho oppa!" Taemin shouted cutely, quickly turning a bright shade of red. 

"I told you to stop calling me that!" Minho giggled as he rolled his car window down.

The other members laughed along, stomachs clenching with laughter. 

"Honestly Tae, anyone that knew you called Minho "oppa" would think you like him." Jonghyun laughed. 

Taemin suddenly froze. Maybe it was too obvious. Well duh, no one calls their best friend oppa. When he noticed everyone laughing, he quickly joined in, trying not to seem out of place. Unfortunately, Jonghyun had seen the quick flash of worry on his face. His eyebrows slightly furrowed, creating thin wrinkles on his flawless skin, but then it quickly faded into a forced smile. He knew what was happening. 

That night Jonghyun confronted Taemin. He told him all that he knew, clarifying at the fact that he didn't mind. In fact, Jonghyun found it pretty cute. 

"Hyung can we stop talking about this!" Taemin cried, shoving his red face into his hands, obviously annoyed at the constant pestering. 

"Fine, but I want you to know that I'm telling Jinki." Jonghyun sighed. 

"No! That's not fair! You said you wouldn't say anything." Taemin frowned. 

"Jinki deserves to know." He added. 

"Fine, but I will tell him."

Luckily, Jinki was very supportive. He promised not to inform their manager or company, stating that he found it adorable that his baby had a crush. 

"Minho oppa" Jinki snickered as Taemin began to leave the room. 

"HYUNG!" Taemin shouted, face turning an alarming shade of red. 

"What, it's cute." Jinki smirked as he skipped passed Taemin and out the door. 


Present day


"Taemin lets talk." Jinki whispered lightly, tapping on the boys door. 

He heard a muffled groan on the other side of the door, then a click. Jinki swung the door open and hugged the bony boy. 

"I think you should share a room." Jinki whispered in his ear, making Taemin shiver. 

"Why?" He asked. 

"You can't keep locking yourself away. You're missing schedules and it's not acceptable." Jinki strictly stated, pulling away from Taemin. 

"But hyung!" Taemin cried, making a puppy dog face. Jinki frowned at this, pretending to cry. 

"Ugh fine, but know that I really don't want to do this."

"Great you can switch with me!" Jinki cheered. 

Before Taemin could disagree, Jinki dragged him to his new room. 

That he shared with no other than Minho. 

Great.