One

Hidden


He sat there, silent. Slowly poking at his food with his fork, not daring to let it enter his mouth. No, definitely not all of those calories. 
"Taemin-ah" Kibum's soft voice made him jump. He glanced in his direction, lifting his eyebrows. 
"Are you going to even start eating your food?" He sounded concerned.
 Taemin always felt guilty when he did this. Everyone's eyes where now on him, making him even more anxious then he already was. 
"I'm not hungry, hyung" he managed to sigh out. 
He's used that excuse this entire week. He knew he wasn't fooling anyone, but there was nothing he could do to make them less suspicious. Kibum looked at him with worry glazing his eyes. Taemin ducked his head in defeat, taking a small bite of the chicken sat I front of him. Kibum's lips curved into a sympathetic smile. Taemin glanced at everyone at the table, shoving their mouths full with fried chicken. How their bodies stayed so perfect was beyond him. All of that grease going into their mouths made him shiver. 
"Excuse me" He whispered, getting up and heading to the bathroom as usual. 
All of the Shinee members knew the drill by now, and yet no one said a word. They just shared worried looks as they began to eat again. Taemin stood in front of the mirror, beginning his daily ritual. He pointed out all of his flaws. His pudgy tummy to the extra fat on his thighs. 

"This needs to go" he thought as tears threatened to spill from his eyes. 

He sat down in front of the porcelain toilet to begin the activity that came to be the highlight of his day. Taemin's fragile fingers began to slide down his throat, forcing a horrifying retching sound to come out. Tears slipped down his cheeks as vomit spilled out of his mouth. Considering he hasn't eaten much in the past few days, nothing really came out. He sighed as he flushed the calories away. 
Taemin waltzed back into the kitchen, passing the table filled with worried glances, and heading to the couch. He sat down, anxiously tapping his foot, hoping none of the other members bring this up. 
He listened to the clashing dishes being taken to the sink to be washed. Soon the members flooded into the living room, joining Taemin on the couch. 

"Taemin" Jinki whispered, staring at the blank television. 

"Yes, hyung?" He whispered, hoping the tears clouding in his eyes would stay in his eyes and not his cheeks. 

"We need to talk." Jinki tilted his head to look at the frail boy, noticing his thin hair and pale skin. 

All Taemin did was nod, not wanting this conversation to come. 

Jinki grabbed his hand, dragging him into the bathroom. The other members followed, curious as to what was about to happen. Minho stood at the door with his head down, sulking, knowing what Jinki was going to address. 

Jinki turned Taemin to look into the mirror. Immediately Taemin began to cry, knowing what this was about. Jinki opened the medicine cabinet, tossing everything but one thing out. In the back was a bottle of diet pills. Taemin's eyes widened, tears falling at an alarming speed. He began to shake with anxiety. His heart was beating out of his bony chest. Jinki took the bottle of pills out and opened the cap, peering inside. His face fell when he realized it wasn't only filled with dieting pills, but instead the bottle held pills and something rather sharp. Jinki tipped the contents out of the bottle, eyes filling with tears. Taemin glanced at the other members, noticing their hurt expressions. Suddenly, Taemin couldn't breath. He was choking on his own words, trying to explain himself. Everything was spinning, his brain was a jumbled up mess. Jinki stepped toward him, reaching for his arm. Instantly, Taemin jumped away, falling to the ground. He sat puddled in his own tears, gasping for air as everyone crowded around him, making him feel trapped. 

"Stop!" He finally shouted, the words coming out incoherent due to the sobbing. 

Through his tears he could see Jinki sitting with him. He felt a hand grab his. He jerked it back, trying to get out of their grip, but failing. He knew it was Jonghyun, since the grip was so strong. The next thing he knew, his sleeve was lifted, revealing the fresh harsh red lines on his arm. He heard gasps fill the room, only causing him to sob harder. 

"Do we call someone?"
"Should we tell manager-hyung?" 
"Yeah we should tell someone."

"No! STOP!" Taemin shouted, causing everyone to stop their chatter. 
Their hearts burned at the thought of this happening. No one would have thought Taemin hated himself this much. 

"Let's just get him to bed." Jinki sighed, helping the small boy up. "Let's talk about it tomorrow."