Three

Hidden

 

"You sick " Taemin muttered to himself as he slit his porcelain skin. He watched as the blood spewed out of his arm and onto the floor. To him this sight was beautiful. The dark red blood complemented his arm perfectly. Wanting, no needing, to see more, the boy made another long gash. This one bled more then he had ever seen. The blood formed a puddle on the bathroom tiles. The blood seeping into his pajama pants. 

It was 2:00 am. Taemin knew that this would be the perfect time to bleed out, leave the world behind. The other members would find him too late and he'd be dead in a puddle of his own blood. It sounded so appealing to him. He made another gash. And another. 

"Taemin? Are you in there?" He heard a knock at the door. Taemin jumped to his feet, leaving him a bit light headed, before going to the door and locking it. 

"Yeah." He tried to seem nonchalant, but failed when his voice cracked. 

"Can I come in?" Kibum asked. 

Taemin didn't reply, instead he got as much toilet paper as possible and began wiping the blood up. 

"Tae?" He asked with a worried tone. 

"Kibum please go." Taemin spoke harshly. He couldn't show them that he had failed them once again. 

"Taemin I have a key, so either open the door now or I will." Kibum commanded. 

Mopping up the last of the blood, Taemin pulled his sleeves down and opened the door. 

Kibum's inspected the younger boy's body, looking for any signs of mutilation. 

"Can I?" He asked, gesturing to Taemin's sleeve. Taemin backed away. 

"No. I'm embarrassed" Taemin lied. 

"Tae it's ok. I've seen them before, I just want to make sure you're ok." Kibum sympathetically smiled at him. 
Kibum glanced back at his arm, about to ask again when he saw a drop of blood dripp from under his shirt. It wasn't until then that he noticed the blood stain on his pajama pants and arm. 

"Taemin." Kibum warned as he reached out to his arm. 

Taemin looked down to see blood soaking his sleeve. 

"! How could you mess up again? You can't even hurt yourself right." Taemin thought as he reached down to touch the stained cloth. 

His shaking hand covered the stain. 

"Stop looking." He whispered, tears streaming down his face. 

Kibum was hurt. He knew it wouldn't be easy to get over, but he thought that he'd at least tell him if he had those thoughts again. His heart ached in his chest knowing that minutes ago Taemin was slashing his skin. Instead of getting mad, he hugged the gaunt boy, taking note of how his arms could probably wrap around his torso twice. 

"Let's get you cleaned up." He whispered, reaching for the first aid kit. "Sit on the sink." 

Kibum gently dabbed the wounds with antiseptic. Every touch would make Taemin flinch and hiss in pain. Kibum wrapped bandages around his arms and helped him off the counter. 

"Let's get a snack." Kibum added, watching Taemin's face twitch into a frown. 

He pulled out some fruit from the fridge and placed it on the table. Taemin froze as he watched him sit it in front of him. Kibum sat down and began nibbling on the fruit. 

"Eat some. Please." Kibum begged, hoping Taemin would comply. 

Taemin looked at Kibum. He knew that if he ate that fruit, he'd be back in the bathroom in seconds. 

"Taeminnie please." He whispered with a hurt expression. 

His stomach twisted at the thought of eating anything, as if to say it was a bad idea. He reached for a grape, his brain and stomach both screaming at him to stop. As he popped the grape into his mouth, he instantly gagged. Kibum's eyes widened as he came around to Taemin's side of the table. He instantly started to rub his back and whispering encouraging words. Taemin had always thought of Kibum as a mother, and he was showing his motherly instinct right now. 

"Tae you'll be ok. You can swallow it." Kibum whispered into his ear, making him chew harder. 

He gulped the grape down as a tear dripped onto the table. 

"You did great." Kibum smiled. "Let's go back to bed." He said as he put all of the fruit back into the fridge. 

He led Taemin back into his room, sitting him on his bed before kissing his forehead and saying goodnight. 

Taemin felt alone. Again.