Kidnap my heart

Kidnap My Heart

Featured song for this chapter (or whole story more like it):

Kidnap My Heart by The Click Five

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Jiho, what's up?" Binnie asked. "You've been really busy lately. Actually, it seems like everybody's been busy lately," Binnie observed, looking around at the empty lunch table.

"Maybe it's just you," Jiho answered, stuffed with food.

Binnie frowned at her and scolded her again for talking with food in but Binnie couldn't help but smile. Ever since that date, they have been getting along very well although they never did talk about how the day ended.

Jiho confirming that she was indeed Binnie's girlfriend echoed through Binnie's mind a lot and it never failed to make her heart beat fast.

"Binnie, you free Friday afternoon?" Jiho asked, interrupting Binnie's thoughts.

"Well, I was planning to go to the doctor," Binnie replied.

"What for!?" Jiho asked worriedly.

"N-No need to worry," Binnie said quickly.

She didn't want Jiho to worry but she didn't want her to know she was having weird symptoms.

"Just a quick check-up. Why? Did you want to do something?"

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jiho pushed.

"Yes, I am. Now what do you want to do?"

Jiho paused for a while before taking a deep breath.

"Meet me in the gym an hour after classes. I've got something I need to tell you."

"Why can't you tell me now?" Binnie asked.

"Because it's way too cool to be said just here," Jiho replied with a grin.

 

"Why did you want to go to the doctor's anyways?" Hyojung asked. 

Binnie, Hyojung, JinE and Arin were having dinner at home. Hyojung was sitting next to JinE. Binnie looked in front of her as JinE cut roughly into her food. She looked to her left where Arin was taking a sip of her water. It seemed like a very normal day and Binnie didn't want to ruin it. She felt like she shouldn't say it but since Hyojung and JinE were older, then maybe they would know what was wrong with her. It would save her a trip to the doctor's anyways.

"Well, you see," Binnie said, "Recently my heart has been acting weird. Also, sometimes my stomach feels strange as well and I have a hard time concentrating. I know, it sounds pretty serious but I don't think it is."

Hyojung and JinE stopped eating. Arin rubbed her head and drank some more water.

"I thought Binnie was supposed to be smart," Arin mumbled to herself, putting her cup down.

"So, do you know what's wrong with me?" Binnie asked.

Hyojung coughed and looked at JinE but JinE just stared back. Binnie assumed they were having a conversation. Hyojung finally sighed.

"Alright, so when did these symptoms start?"

"Well, after I met Jiho."

Hyojung looked expectantly at Binnie. Binnie simply returned a puzzled look. Hyojung groaned and looked back at JinE, wiggling her brows and such. JinE did the same thing so Binnie confirmed her suspicions. They really did have conversations without speaking. Hyojung must have lost again because she sighed and turned back to Binnie.

"Look, daughter, you might wanna sit down for this," Hyojung grumbled.

"I'm already sitting."

"Right, right. You see.. you're..."

"A WIZARD!?" Binnie asked, startled. "Oh my god... I never thought this day would come but... I've always sensed that I was special..." Binnie muttered.

"I did not say that. I did not. I. Did. Not. Ever. Say. That."

Hyojung looked like she wanted to kill herself. Arin put down her utensils and eyed Binnie with amazement. How could she be this stupid?

"Look, Binnie," Arin cut in, "You're not a wizard. You ARE an extreme nerd though but if you would stop that for a moment and let Hyojung finish, you'd know the real answer."

JinE was simply sitting down with her head in her hands muttering: "A bloody wizard... out of all the things... A wizard..." She finally snapped out of it and got her head out of her hands and looked up at Binnie.

"You think you're an actual wizard before thinking that MAYBE, just MAYBE, YOU'RE IN LOVE???" JinE cried out, exasperated, slamming her hands down on the table.

Everybody watched as the news sank into Binnie's brain.

"So, you mean..." Binnie said, still processing the new information.

"It's new for you, I know, but you'll be alright," Arin smiled, rubbing Binnie's back.

"I'm not a wizard!?" 

As soon as JinE gave the signal, Arin's comforting hand which was rubbing Binnie's back immediately pushed her onto the table causing her face to make uncomfortable contact with her food.

"FOCUS ON WHAT'S IMPORTANT!" Arin shouted, her voice not very loud despite it being a shout.

"Excuse me, Arin, but it's quite disappointing to find out that you are not a wizard. Muggles like you wouldn't understand," Binnie said, face still in the food.

Finding out that she wans't a wizard sort fo numbed the pain of getting her face smashed into some food.

"Alright, alright," Hyojung groaned. "Sorry, you're not a wizard. But the thing is, you're in love."

Binnie stayed quiet for a while.

"How can you be so sure?" she asked.

"Don't you want to get your face out of your food first?" Arin asked.

Binnie shook her head, causing some of her food to fall off the plate.

"Why not?"

"Well..." Binnie said quietly, "I don't want you to see how red my face is right now."

Binnie had actually understood what they told her and at that point her feelings were so high, nobody could bring her down. She was in love.

 

"See you late, Bin-ster!" Jiho called out, running out of class. 

She waved at Binnie even as she disappeared and Binnie smiled even after she left. Jiho was cute. She was also an idiot. Jiho was pretty. She was also reckless. Jiho was many things. Good or bad, Binnie loved it all and never realized it until two days ago. She was the real idiot. Now Binnie was left to wonder what she should do with these feelings. How did love even work? Did she want Jiho to love her back? Binnie hoped Jiho loved her as much as she loved her...

 

It was finally time to go. Binnie walked towards the gym nervously. She didn't even know why she was nervous. She opened the doors and looked around. There was a stage set up.

"What are you standing there for?" 

Binnie was surprised to see JinE standing beside her.

"W-Why are you here???"

JinE didn't answer her question and just pushed her in front of the stage. After that, JinE climbed up and picked up an instrument.

"You play the guitar?" Binnie asked.

"IT'S THE BASS," JinE said passionately.

Binnie watched, taken aback as the rest of her friends appeared out of nowhere, each picking up an instrument. Seunghee and Mimi were both sitting in front of the drums.

"Are you two both going to play the drums?"

"Seunghee's playin' the cymbals," Mimi grinned.

"I didn't expect you to play rock all the time," Seunghee grumbled.

"Even after 15 times of playing rock, paper, scissors?" Mimi laughed.

"Well, like why would you do it 15 times in a  row?" Seunghee asked.

"Because this is a rock song, dude," Mimi said, doing the rock 'n roll sign, "Well, pop rock to be specific but still... rock."

"That's probably why JinE decided to join, then," Binnie laughed. "She likes rocks."

JinE overheard and immediately produced a smooth looking rock from her pocket and waved it around. Binnie laughed. All her friends were weird, she thought, looking around the stage. YooA was wearing the guitar and Hyojung was at the keyboard with Arin next to her, holding a tambourine. They were all here but where was Jiho?

"Hey, there, cutie," a voice resounded across the gym.

Binnie jumped when she felt someone blow air onto her ear from behind her. She turned to see Jiho smiling like an idiot, holding a microphone in one hand.

"What is all this?" Binnie asked her, heart beating fast.

Jiho took her hand and turned her around before climbing up on stage, taking the center.

"Binnie, I've had something I wanted to say for quite some time. It's really important and special so I decided to do something special too. You're a nerd so you probably don't know The Click Five so I'll introduce you to them. This song's called: Kidnap my Heart."

With that, Mimi suddenly started on the drums, followed by Arin looking serious and playing the tambourine and JinE on the bass.

Finally, Jiho brought the mic up to again. her lips nervously, she started singing:

"Hey girl, what's your name?
I think I caught you looking my way
Do you wanna know how to get me all to your own"

Binnie remembered the first time they met. Jiho had said that to her, asking for her name. It almost seemed like yesterday. It felt so magical.

"Weekends work the best
I'll pick the place you do the rest
Hey now don't be shy but you got to keep me in line"

A montage of memories came by quickly in Binnie's head. Their first date, she realized, was back then at the ice cream shop. Their little smiles, awkward first laughs. That moment on the couch. She also remembered the deal. Being stuck in that locker for so long until Jiho came to rescue her. It was so bright when Jiho came. Like a knight in shining armor.

"Love at first sight never thought it could happen to me
But you made me believe"

Binnie felt as if her heartbeat was as loud as the beat of the drums. It was pounding in her chest and Jiho seemed so vibrant on stage. She was singing for her. She loved her too.

"Kidnap my heart
And take me with you
Kidnap my heart
Make my dreams come true
Take me away
Cause falling in love ain't very far
Not far from the start
Kidnap my heart."

Everybody was going all out on stage at this point and Binnie was loving every single bit of it. All she could do was clap along, smiling really wide, probably looking like an idiot but she didn't mind. Jiho never took her eyes off of her and her smile matched Binnie's.

"Can you get me up?
More fun I can ever dream of
Could you tie me down?
Can you keep me hanging around?"

Binnie suddenly remembered back to when she thought Jiho was acting weird. The cheesy lines, the way she helped her up. Everything began falling into place. She remembered the way Jiho had protected her from Junsun. Even just the sight of her back made her feel safe. Jiho was always there for her.

"I don't wanna be here to keep you company
Put your hand in mine
Better hold on tight for the ride"

Memories of the very physical motorcycle ride made Binnie blush. She was sure now that the reason Jiho's face was pink back then was because of her. Binnie smiled even more.

"Love at first sight never thought it could happen to me
But you made me believe

Kidnap my heart
And take me with you
Kidnap my heart
Make my dreams come true
Take me away
Cause falling in love ain't very far
Not far from the start
Kidnap my heart."

Binnie continued to jam along with everybody as they put their best efforts into the song. Jiho was bouncing around, singing her heart out, never taking her eyes off of Binnie. JinE was passionately playing the bass, almost never looking up, just focusing on her music. YooA was playing the guitar, looking pretty cool, as if it was easy as typing a few words. Arin's serious face had lightened up and she would enthusiastically shake the tambourine as Hyojung leaned across the keyboard, looking extremely bright and happy. Even at the back, Mimi and Seunghee were killing it on the drum and cymbals. Everybody seemed to be having fun. Binnie was enjoying every single moment. It seemed as if they were the only people in the world.

Somehow, the song ended and the gym became quiet. Binnie blinked, wondering what would happen next.

"Binnie," Jiho said, "I hope that by now, you realize that I really, really like you. Not just as a friend. I love you. I really do. Can I know how you feel?"

Without missing a beat, Binnie replied:

"I love you too."

Squeals erupted from the stage  as Jiho just stood there, mouth open, looking shocked.

"Go to her!" YooA coaxed, pushing Jiho off the stage.

Jiho jumped off the stage and stood in front of Binnie.

"Hi," Jiho said shyly.

"Hi," Binnie responded, smiling.

"I.. uhm.." Jiho mumbled.

She found herself slowly leaning forward. Binnie didn't back away.

"Oh my god," Mimi said. "Are they going to kiss in front of Hyojung and JinE?"

"GET A ROOOOOM~!!!" Seunghee yelled.

The people on stage turned towards the two "parents" but Hyojung didn't say a thing and simply covered the resisting Arin's eyes. JinE was smiling smugly, arms crossed. Everybody turned back to the two lovebirds. They were so close to each other...

BANG!

The gym doors flew open to reveal several angry people.

"Jiho! You didn't come for remedial lessons!" and angry teacher yelled.

"Jiho! You took our instruments without asking!!" a bunch of music band geeks hollered.

"Jiho! You didn't request permission to use the gym!!!" the gym instructor shouted.

Jiho sighed.

"Why did they have to come in at a time like this?" Jiho mumbled.

"Well, why didn't you do the things you were supposed to?" Binnie replied.

Jiho rubbed the back of her neck, sheepishly.

"You know I con't like hassles..."

"Well, what do we do now?" Binnie asked. "They look really pissed."

Jiho took Binnie's hand and looked her in the eyes. Binnie looked back at her and nodded.

"RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!"

The eight girls ran away laughing and squealing, chased down by the mob of angry people Jiho had crossed. They ran faster and faster until they lost sight of the crowd. Even so, the girls continued to run. They ran past trees and buildings. They were going so fast. Faster than they had ever run in their entire lives. Finally, the stopped. They were all out of breath and panting really hard but somehow they still managed to laugh. Everybody began slapping each others' backs, cheering for a job well done. Jiho wrapped her arm around Binnie's shoulders and grinned. They looked ahead of them and saw the ice cream shop. Of course, they walked in. They all sat down at the same long table and began ordering.

"Are you going to treat us again?" Seunghee asked jokingly to JinE.

"I think Jiho'll be treating us today, right Jiho?" JinE winked.

"Yeah, yeah," Jiho said, waving her arm. "I owe you guys."

Everybody cheered and began ordering eagerly, even Hyojung, who didn't have to worry about paying anymore. Binnie looked at Jiho.She was still sweating a bit from their long run. Binnie thought about how her previous thoughts were right. Jiho would definitely ruin her peaceful life but... it wasn't entirely a bad thing. After all, she was having so much fun!

"What are you looking at?" Jiho asked her, smiling.

"Nothing," Binnie smiled back.

With no warning whatsoever, Jiho suddenly pressed her lips against Binnie's. It was a soft, three second kiss yet it blew away Binnie's mind. Jiho pulled away quickly and held a finger in front of her lips, telling Binnie to keep quiet. Their faces were both bright, red. They just looked at each other until they burst out laughing.

"Hey, did you guys do something?" YooA asked, raising her eyebrows.

Jiho and Binnie both shook their heads, trying not to smile but failing.

"I bet you guys kissed!!!" Seunghee yelled, pointing a finger at them.

"I know they did," JinE laughed.

"You have no proof," Jiho mumbled, behind her hand.

"I don't need any," JinE winked back.

Everybody laughed and went back to ordering. Binnie leaned in closer to Jiho, almost cuddling her.

"Jiho," she whispered, "that kiss was too short."

Jiho smiled and whispered back softly, making Binnie's heart race:

"The next one then. After all, we've got all the time in the world."

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, that ends that story!!!

Thanks for reading everything and I hope you guys enjoyed.

Thanks for subscribing and writing comments. It really inspired me to continue writing this story~

It was a blast writing this story because of you guys.

You guys are the best :D

 

Author, out ;)