Unforgettable

Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The pain which won't let go, and our entwined fingertips
Now, in which time has stopped, I embrace you so that you won't break.

 

 

Dahyun wakes up at the sudden feel of Mina's weight and warmth leaving her shoulder, looking around, everyone was dead a sleep, once she stood up she noticed a bright light coming from the kitchen.

Her stomach growled a bit, and by chance she saw one of her chocolate bar lying around the living room, it wasn't exactly the best idea to eat chocolate so early in the 'morning', but screw it, Mina liked her baby fat.

As she made her way into the kitchen, she could her Mina's soft voice whispering words that she was uncapable to understand, she was too far away and Mina always tended to spoke really softly. But, what surprised her was hearing another familiar voice, and true enough she found Chaeyoung and Mina having a little conversation. How ironic, out of all the people to find at 3am in the morning, it was the two people she didn't want to see together.

The accident with Chaeyoung prior to coming in here, and Mina's insecurities over their relationship... Dahyun would like to say that she had completely moved on from Chaeyoung but was that really the case?

" ...something to say to me? "

That phrase caught her attention back from thinking land. It wasn't exactly nice to spy on people but somehow Dahyun froze at the door as she tried to over-hear their convo.

" What? why? " Dahyun could hear Chaeyoung's voice shaking.

" I'm not blind or just really naive like Dahyun. Something changed, right? " Dahyun frowned, sure she was naive but...

" H-huh... I'm not following you. "

A glass thud, Mina probably put down her drink.

" Ok then, let me get straight to the point... you got your memories back, haven't you? "

Huh?

Dahyun unciously let go of her chocolate bar, making the other two ladies notice her presence, and once she came out of her hiding spot she faced a sad looking Mina and Chaeyoung with a panic expression on her face.

" What... do you mean...? "

Dahyun laughed, but it was the broken sort of laugh, she looked straight into Chaeyoung's eyes " You gained your memories back? "

" N-no. I don't know why she said that. " the girl avoided her eyes and looked away. It was Chaeyoung indeed. Whenever the girl is nervous, she would avoid looking at someone's eyes directly.

" I think I should leave you two to sort this out alone. " Mina sighed and sat up.

" Wait Mina. Don't misunderstand anything. " Dahyun grabbed her by the wrist.

" I know. I trust you. " Mina smiled, but pain was showing all over her face " Whatever you decide... it's okay. I'll understand. " she placed a soft kiss on Dahyun's cheek and slowly left the kitchen, heading towards her and Dahyun's room, but not before stopping in her tracks and saying " I'll sleep in Jihyo's room tonight. "

After Mina left, there was long silence, Dahyun was processing the events that were quickly flashing right before her eyes " S-so... tell me truth. Do you remember everything? "

" I'll make you remember again... "

" Huh? "

" Your promise. That if I ever lost my memories, you would make me remember again. " she finally looked back at the girl she loved " I guess it was just something you said at the spur of the moment since we were watching a movie about a girl with amnesia. "

" The vow. " Dahyun quietly said, remembering said film.

Chaeyoung barely nodded.

" You know, I thought that once we saw each other again and you remembered everything, we would have a lot to talk about. But right now, I feel like my mind is blank. " the older of the two chuckled.

" I-... "

" Chaeng. " Dahyun interrupted her, biting her lip " I'm sorry... for not searching for you, for not being there when you needed me the most even though you didn't remember me. "

It felt like such a long time, using that nickname, being at ease (sort of) with Chaeyoung, or well... Nana?

The latter mimicked her movements, except a tear fell from her eye “ I'm too late right? I've remembered too late. "

" Chaeyoung... "

" You're not denying it. " Chaeyoung chuckles, her voice was trembling.

Don't be selfish. Dahyun has been repeating that phrase in her mind. Her hand wanted to reach out to Chaeyoung. Reach out to a girl that has been the biggest part of her life and that she had missed for such a long time.

But being selfish had a price, and that was the possibility of losing someone who she deeply cared about, Mina.

" We should go to sleep. " Chaeyoung said, her tone exhausted, as she started to walk away like Mina did a few moments ago.

A dash.

A selfish heart.

Longing, missing, pain.

Chaeyoung.

She's here. Right now.

Dahyun let her selfishness take the best of her as she tightly wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung's waist.

" I've missed you, so... so bad. "

 

 

 

 

 

 

" This was going to happen eventually... you knew that Mina, don't be this sad. " Mina murmured to herself, but the pain in her heart said otherwise

" Was it? "

A voice from her left. It was Nayeon, who apparently assisted to the whole scene. The girl abruptly grabbed her by the wrist and made her enter the room.

Mina looked around the room, a bit taken aback, apparently, she and Jeongyeon moved, and the latter was already dead asleep in the bed.

" Mina... why are you doing this to yourself? " Nayeon, who was uncapable to understand let out a frustrated groan.

" The most obvious reason would be because I love her. And you and I both know how much she loved Chaeyoung. But I have another reason... " Mina sighed.

" You see, if Chaeyoung was to regain her memories, I've always wondered if Dahyun would still choose me over her. Even if she kept reassuring me and telling me that she loves me, even though I accepted all of those kind words, my selfish side just wouldn't completely trust her words... " Mina combed her hair back " Hey, Nayeon... I'm the worst, right? The one thing that a relationship needs the most is trust, and I can't even do that... Dahyun keeps saying that I'm a nice person but if she knew about this side... "

" You're just searching for an excuse to back out Mina. "

" Maybe I am. "

" Maybe my , you just are. Haven't you experienced losing Dahyun already? Do you really want that to happen again because you pushed those two together? I know Dahyun by now. She confides a lot on what people tell her, so if you, her girlfriend who she trusts, tells her that maybe she might still have feelings for Nana, then she's going to second guess her feelings for you. "

" Doesn't that confirm what I just said then? That she still loves Chaeyoung? "

" Of course she does, she's her first love and she's been in love with her for so long. But god damn it Mina, give yourself credit too! Dahyun has tried dating countless of people but nothing ever lasted long or even started with those people, while with you... she's happy. She's the happiest I've ever seen her. "

Mina bit her lip, no words were coming out of , she couldn't think of something to say back, so Nayeon just hugged her and whispered something in her ear " This is not a korean drama, you don't have to think ' if I love her I should let her go ' think about your own feelings too. Do you not love Dahyun? Then don't let someone else snatch her from you. "

Mina nods, her hands automatically move around Nayeon's back, reciprocating the hug the older girl gave her " Thank you... "

Her original plan was to sleep at Jihyo's room, but her feet moved towards her and Dahyun's room. Once she opened the door, she couldn't find anyone inside, her girlfriend was probably still talking to Nana.

A sudden feeling of anxiousness devoured her. But she decided to brush it off and lay on the bed " ...don't leave me... " she whispered to herself as she put her two arms in front of her face to cover herself from the moonlight. Mina's heart kept aching, what Nayeon said to her was right, the pain of losing Dahyun once again was too much for her to handle, but something about not pushing her towards Chaeyoung didn't feel right either.

As she was about to drown in the darkness, she hears a click and the door creaks slowly.

" ...Mina? " it was Dahyun.

Mina froze on the spot, the first thing she could think about was pretending to be asleep, and luckily, Dahyun bought it. The younger made her way towards their bed, as Mina got more nervous as time passed, she could her the girl changing her clothes and slowly lying down beside her. Dahyun's arm made its way around Mina's belly.

She loved embraces, but something about this embrace made her feel uneasy, especially after Dahyun murmured something very softly.

" I'm sorry... "

What did she mean?

Unconsciously, or maybe out of fear, Mina's hands made their way up to Dahyun's. Feeling that soft skin under her palm, treasuring the feeling to herself for as long as she could, as they both drifted to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun wakes up in an empty bed. No trace of Mina. She immediately stands up and starts looking around the house " Mina?! "

She knew she didn't image it yesterday, the older girl was pretending to be asleep, and probably heard her saying sorry and misunderstood.

" Dahyun? "

The said girl immediately turned around, only to find Jihyo looking at her puzzled " What are you yelling Mina's name at 7 in the morning for? "

" I woke up and she's gone! "

" Ok, chill, chill. She's in the kitchen I saw her earlier. " Jihyo walked closer and placed a hand in Dahyun's shoulder " Is something going on between you too? "

Dahyun reluctantly nodded " Kind of...? " the older smiled and dragged her over to her room. Dahyun was glad Jihyo was here, out of all the people, she would probably be the only one without a biased opinion, because as much as she loved Nayeon she knew that the girl was in favour of Mina. So, she tells her every single detail.

" No way... Chaeyoung got her memory back... "

" Yeah... and I don't know what got into me when I hugged her out of nowhere yesterday. " Dahyun sighed.

The older leaned back on the wall and stared emptily at her childhood friend. Dahyun knew that look, she was looking for an answer out of her.

" Seeing how you were yelling Mina's name just a few minutes ago I would say that you've already made a decision. But then I have to eat my words back because you're asking me for an advice and also because of what you did yesterday... "

" I thought I finally made up my mind though... "

" Listen, you're thinking all of this because once you'll actually make a decision it's going to hurt someone. But, if you've come this far, you will HAVE TO hurt someone. The more time you'll take to decide the more it'll hurt. " Jihyo ruffled Dahyun's hair " For all of you. " she made sure to emphasize.

" But when I chose Mina that time... don't you think I've already made up a decision? "

Jihyo nods " Yes. But we must consider that Chaeyoung was not Chaeyoung. Now your first love, or well, your long time awaited love is finally back and pulling the strings of your heart as she wishes. Kind of. "

" Then what do I do? "

" I can't tell you what to do. " Jihyo giggles " But. I'll tell you a way that I heard to figure out how to know if you like someone. "

The older girl stands up and signals Dahyun to close her eyes, which the younger does without protesting.

" Imagine. When you find a rainbow, a shooting star, a cafe you like, a four-leaf clover, or a beautiful sunset... Those small things in everyday life... when you encounter those small happiness or luck, who is the very first person you want to tell that to? "

" ...I see. " Dahyun smiles " Okay. "

" Hey, don't trust that 100% though. Now go and help your current girlfriend make breakfast. "

Dahyun closes her eyes as she walks down the stairs, the image of the girl clear and vivid in her mind. The search for the final answer could've been so simple.

She sees the two together in the kitchen, Mina was preparing some bacon and eggs for everyone while Chaeyoung as her usual 'I only love vegetables' self was preparing some sort of weird green thing with the blender.

" Morning. " Dahyun said, a bit hesitant when the two immediately turned her way simultaneously.

" Good morning. " said Chaeyoung, a bright smile on her face.

" Hey... " said Mina, who on the contrary had her classic forced a smile.

Dahyun scratches her head " Right, umh... I'm gonna go and... wake up... the others... "

As soon as Dahyun set foot into Nayeon's room, said girl got up from the bed and locked the door. What's up with people and locking her inside of their room anyways?

" So. " the older starts off.

" So... " Dahyun trailed off.

" Oh don't get all mysterious with me, Mina told me everything that happened last night! Or well... sort of. "

" If you already know everything then what do you want from me now. " the younger sighs.

" Your decision. Are you going to keep dating Mina or are you going to date Chaeyoung after all? "

Dahyun smiles and unlocks the door " I can't tell you yet. You'll see. "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hot springs.

The sole reason the group came here. But unfortunately, the level of enjoyment wasn't the one it was supposed to be. The only ones who were probably enjoying the warm and good for your skin water were probably Sana, Jeongyeon and Momo, whom were completely oblivious to the whole Mina-Dahyun-Chaeyoung situation that was going on.

Mina and Dahyun remained awkward, they were still standing next to each other in the relaxing water, but only because they didn't want it to be awkward for the others... except, the way they acted had the opposite effect.

" What a nice view. " Sana grinned as she looked at every girl one by one and finally got in herself. Before her girlfriend would say anything though, it was like her mind already knew what to say " But you're the best view I could have. "

" I would like to disagree. My girlfriend clearly has the… biggest heart. " Nayeon grins and s Jeongyeon's in front of everyone.

" W-what are you doing! " Jeongyeon almost falls back into the water, her face clearly flushed, but not because of the heat in the room.

" If we're talking about me and Momo are clearly the best though. " Jihyo puffed up her chest proudly while Momo paid no attention whatsoever and enjoyed the hot springs with eyes closed.

Chaeyoung was still washing herself, apparently it was a japanese tradition to wash yourself first and then go to the hot springs, she really became a japanese person, even though she regained her memories, parts of her changed for good.

Once she finished, the little girl didn't hesitate and sat directly next to Dahyun, an inch closer and the sides of their bodies would be touching. As much as it could be considered delightful, sitting in between Mina and Chaeyoung wasn't exactly Dahyun's cup of tea for now.

Nana was a rather reserved girl, but Chaeyoung... she was one that went straight to the point with her flirting. Dahyun clearly remembers it.

A sigh escaped her lips as she side-eyed Mina. whom was quietly playing with the water, making circles with it or lightly pouring it on her knees4. Then Chaeyoung, who was just relaxing like her step-sister, without a care in the world and like this discomfort could only be felt by Dahyun.

" You three are awfully quiet, are you okay? " Jeongyeon managed to escape the hands of Nayeon and sat in front of Dahyun.

Awfully awkward. Dahyun had wanted to say.

" I'm enjoying the water. " Chaeyoung smiled.

Mina looked at Dahyun for a second (probably the 2nd time in the whole day) before turning back at Jeongyeon " Me too. "

Dahyun coughed, the level of uncomfortable kept raising as she shifted her position " ...yep. "

Two hours of torture. The three of them were next to each other the whole time but none dared to speak at the other. Instead, a few words were exchanged with their friends.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon stretched her arms in the air " It was a good little vacation. "

" Thank you for inviting us. " Jihyo smiled at Jeongyeon.

" No problem. I'm glad you all enjoyed it! "

" I'm going to miss living in a mansion. " said Sana as she tearfully looked at the beautiful Yoo's mansion.

Jeongyeon stepped forward " Don't worry, since we're all friends now, every now and then we can go to my parent's houses all over South

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter