Like a fool

Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When it was me and you.

 

Nana wakes up in a white room, her hand feeling warm. As her eyes slowly opened she sees her stepsister holding it while snoozing next to her, meanwhile the older one is watching some TV while sitting on the other side.

Why was she here? Nana tries to remember and flinches as her head started to hurt, remembering everything that happened again.

Ahh, that's right... I was... in an accident... And... I lost mom and dad...

Her mind was weird, it felt like it was split in half. One part of it was Chaeyoung while the other part was Nana. It was like having two personalities inside of her, but one thing they had in common... they both loved Dahyun.

" Nana? " the older one looks at her and immediately comes closer. " You're awake! How are you feeling? " she pushes the button to make the nurse come.

" A bit... weird. But, I'm fine. " Nana nods slowly and Hana gives her a reassuring smile before hugging her, waking the 2nd youngest of the two.

" Nana! " Momo starts crying " don't scare us like that... "

" I'm sorry nee-chan. " she giggles as she pats the older's head, Momo always gave off the vibes of being the youngest despite being a few years older than Nana " How did I end up here anway...? "

" You suddenly passed out during Jeongyeon's birthday and Momo brought you here with Jihyo. "

Nana nods slowly, grabbing her phone and saw the inbox full of messages in their group chat and also individually.

 

- Teudongisss groupchat -

- Nayeon -

how is she? Momo?

- Momo -

she's fine... nothing seriorious but she's still not waking up ;;

- Jihyo -

We're coming to see her tomorrow!

- Jeongyeon -

Im sorry did this happen because of my party? D:

- Momo -

Of course not Jeong, Nana just has a condition that rarely shows up it just so happened to be during your party, dw

- Jeongyeon -

Ok..

 

Nana smiles before closing the chat and passing on into the individual ones, a few of her friends somehow got the news and all texted her, but the one that catches her eyes was of course the one with Dahyun's name.

 

- DubuDahyun -

Is our Nana okay? TT Don't pass out like that, me and Mina are so worried, get well soon! We'll visit with the others as soon as possible!

 

Me and Mina.

She should just feel happy that the older is still concerned about her, but Chaeyoung is not as happy as Nana. What Nana had was a simple crush, it didn't hurt and she aknowledged Mina as a nice person, but Chaeyoung? She didn't know who the girl was and all of a sudden she became the girlfriend of her girlfriend.

Chaeyoung time stopped when she was about to come to Dahyun's house and embrace her after the trip.

Chaeyoung time stopped when Dahyun only had eyes for her.

But, Chaeyoung woke up only to find out that Dahyun was not there by her side anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Going back to her 'Nana' routine after the Chaeyoung that was locked inside finally gained conciousness was one of the hardest things she ever experienced, but thankfully her two elder sister never "met" Chaeyoung so if by mistake she would be too much like her, they would blame it on the faint attack she had the other week.

But, what's worse was trying to avoid her old group of friends as much as possible, Chaeyoung knew she wasn't a good liar and they would immediately catch on what's going on. Especially  Tzuyu, whom she wanted to avoid at all cost. Though, she couldn't do it too much, because completely avoiding them was going to be suspicious too, they might think she remembers something.

The few times she couldn't avoid hanging out with them were literally killing Chaeyoung inside, watching Dahyun openly flirt with her now new girlfriend while occasionaly caring for Nana was heartbreaking for both of the personalities inside of her body.

Chaeyoung wanted to scream it to the world 'hey, I gained my memories back Dahyun, please, come back to me' but Nana? she was fine being treated like the little sister who also had all of Dahyun's attention a few times. What's more was that Chaeyoung shared memories with Nana obviously, and seeing how Dahyun had treated her from that moment they saw each other again for the first time at Dayeon's shop... knowing that Dahyun still felt the same at that point but had changed somewhere after... and she wasn't able to do a thing about it. Why couldn't she have remembered earlier?

" Nana are you okay? You have a scary face... you're still not feeling well? " Jeongyeon lightly shook Chaeyoung's shoulder, waking her up from her trance of thoughts.

" Ah... yeah I'm fine, I was just... lost in my dreams for a second. " Nana smiled politely.

" You sure...? Want some water? "

" I'm fine really, don't worry! " 

" What's wrong? " Momo asked when she noticed the uncomfortableness of her sister.

" Nothing really, I was sleeping with my eyes open. You guys are to sensitive. Please treat me normally! "

" For us to do that you have to treat us normally too " Tzuyu carefully observed her friend " you look a bit out of it these days. "

Now the attention was all on her, even Dahyun and Mina who were busy talking with their eyes turned around to look at her, Chaeyoung always liked Tzuyu's observant and blunt side, but right at this moment she just wished the younger girl would shut up.

" Fine... I just don't want you guys to treat me specially just because I have a bit of a headache... " Chaeyoung sighs, that's the best excuse she could give, and by how they reacted Chaeyoung started to think that she should've just became an actress.

" Of course we're going to treat you with care, I don't want my sister to faint on me again. " Momo pouts and hits her sister cutely.

" Yeah Nana, it's not treating you in a special way, it's called being your friend. " Dahyun smiles and it's enough for her to give up on any argument.

It's only at times like this that both 'Nana' and 'Chaeyoung' feel the same thing, even if she wanted to say something back, one word from the girl she loves makes her shut .

Jeongyeon has been awkwardly silent, the older girl would usually joke around but today she rarely spoke a word, thinking about it maybe asking if Nana was okay might have been the only instance she talked. Nayeon seemed to notice it too since she kept inderectly ask for attention by holding her girlfriend's hand and snuggling closer, but to no avail. So, when Jeongyeon finally does react and stands up gaining the attention of everyone in the living room of Dayeon's house she was quick to say something.

" Listen, I've been feeling like because of what happened to Nana. It feels like it's kind of my fault... I know it might not be much but these days I've been thinking of something to do... my parents have a vacation house in Busan and we own a private hot spring there. I was thinking... to take all of you there if you want. "

" Hey Yoo Jeongyeon. I told you it's not your fault. " Momo said a bit annoyed while sighing.

" Still... it was at my party. " Jeongyeon sits back and leans on Nayeon.

" Well, hot springs don't sound that bad though. " Nana smiles " rather than thinking it's about me, how about we all go just to enjoy a little trip together and get closer? "

" I don't mind either. " Dahyun shrugs and looks at Mina who thinks for a bit but eventually nods.

" Then call! I'll tell Jihyo too if it's okay? " Sana says happily, the girl loves her hot springs.

" Of course. Tell her we're going this saturday. "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Nana. " Tzuyu grabs Chaeyoung by the wrist, it was the day before the so-called Busan trip, the older of the two didn't like the tone in Tzuyu's voice. It was far too serious, even her girlfriend noticed it " I'm sorry Sana, can you leave us alone for a moment? " she smiled and Sana awkwardly nodded and walked ahead.

" What is it? " Chaeyoung turns around confident though inside she could feel the nervousness hit her.

" How long are you going to keep this façade? " the younger looked at her straight in the eyes. She got her. It was that easy. Why was Tzuyu so sharp?

" Excuse me? " but Chaeyoung still tried to pretend nothing was happening.

" Maybe the others still didn't notice, though it won't take that long since you're pretty black and white. But... I noticed you know? How you suddenly changed after that accident at Jeongyeon's house. So I tried to analyze it and it took me a few moments to connect what was happening... so how long are you going to keep it a secret? "

" I really can't hide anything from you Chou Tzuyu. " Chaeyoung lets out a frustrated sigh but ends up smiling " It's something that should never be found out. "

What Chaeyoung didn't expect was that the younger would randomly slap her after saying that, not the friendly kind of slap, but one that hurts like hell, and when she turned around she was only greeted with the infamous Tzuyu, who was known for never crying, with tears escaping from her eyes. 

" You have to tell Dahyun. She deserves to know. You don't know what kind of hell she's been through. "

" Probably the same kind of hell I'm going through right now when I ing see her flirt around with Mina and when I woke up from a ing coma only to find out that she didn't even bother taking two seconds to search for me when all that happened? " Chaeyoung smiles, tears of angerness also making their way down her stingy red cheek.

" ...that's not something you should say to me. You two should confront about this. And if this trip Jeongyeon is preparing is going to be the key I'm going to somehow force you to realize that telling her the truth is the best solution. "

" You're not even part of it Tzuyu! Stop poking your nose where it doesn't belong! " Chaeyoung yells.

" I'm not involved? " Tzuyu lets out a savage yelp " Of course I am. I'm both of your friends, I know your going through right now but I was also there when Dahyun was literally feeling like dying too! "

Chaeyoung combs her hair behind, frustrated and goes pass the younger, but not before stopping and saying " Seriously, just please. Stay out of this. "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun wakes up from the sound of her cellphone vibrating, it was Nayeon. Today was the fated day of the trip, Dahyun had prepared her luggages and 2 days before the trip because of how excited she was. But what she didn't expected was to be LATE.

" Dahyun where the hell are you?! "

" Huh? At home, I just woke up from a nap? "

" WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU JUST WOKE UP FROM A NAP YOU LOOK AT THE TIME! WE WERE SUPPOSED TO TAKE THE TRAIN IN LIKE 10 MINUTES HELLO? "

" Wait.. WHAT!?" Dahyun gets up and looks at the time, it was 10pm in the evening, the last train was in those 10 minutes, and the train station was too far from the house.

" Seriously you and Nana need to get a grip. Why do you two have to be like this, so frustrating... one oversleeps and the other forgets she had something to do... " Nayeon sounded pretty annoyed on the phone, which makes Dahyun gulp because it's rare for the older to get mad at her " Babe, I knew I shouldn't have slept in your house today " she probably said to Jeongyeon.

" Hand me the phone " another voice is heard " Hello, Dahyun? "

" Oh Tzuyu? "

" Yes. " the girl stays silent for a second " Listen, I think we should go, Nana is going to arrive in a bit, or at least that's what she told us. Anyway, you just got your license right? It's going to be hard but maybe you can drive till Busan? And if Nana is not with us you can take her with you. "

Dahyun scratches her head " Yeah, fine. Hand the phone to Mina please. " 

After a few second she's greeted with that familiar sweet low voice " Dahyun? "

" You heard right? I might have to drive there... also, are you fine with this Nana thing if she doesn't show up on time? "

" It's okay I trust you, but you're back to being mine when you're here. " Mina giggles and Dahyun lets out a relieved sigh.

" Alright, see tomorrow okay? Take care, love you. "

Dahyun hangs up after hearing Mina humming and takes her luggage downstairs, locking the shop and starting up her brand new car. As soon as she gets in she dials Chaeyoung's number.

" Hello? "

" Hey. It's Dahyun. "

" Oh. I think I might not make it, are you guys still waiting? "

" Actually, I'm alone. I'm late too. I was going to go by car at this point. Since it seems like you're nowhere near them either, I wanted to give you a ride. "

" Ah... mh, sure... Thank you. " The older notices the hesitation, she had been wondering what was wrong with Nana. The girl was usually pretty cheerfull but after fainting her personality did a 360, sometimes she would be pretty happy and next thing you know she's awkwardly silent.

" Where are you? " Dahyun makes Nana explain where she was and quickly drives to the spot since it was pretty dark and chilly outside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun sees a familiar short figure leaning on a wall, she parks by her side and goes outside the car " Hey Nana! Hop in! Where's your luggage? "

" Ah, hello Dahyun. Momo has it, she insisted this afternoon when I told her I had to go somewhere first. " the younger gives her a polite smile and opens the back door and sits on the back of the car, which catches Dahyun off guard but the older doesn't question her choices, maybe the girl had a trauma related to the accident or something.

There were many instances where Dahyun found herself in an awkward situation and this was one of them, one hour  had passed and the whole time it was pure dead silence, with Dahyun focusing on the poor lighted road and Nana looking outside of the window without speaking a word.

" If you want to sleep... there's a pillow just behind the seat. " Dahyun looks at the rear mirror and sees Nana looking away from the road, meeting her eyes.

" It's okay, I'm not sleepy yet. Plus I'd feel bad if you drove all night while I slept... "

" It's not like there's any conversation going on anyways though. " Dahyun jokes 

" Sorry, I'm just a bit tired. " Chaeyoung smiles

" I was just joking... But, don't worry, you can sleep okay? "

" Tell me about something. " says the younger out of nowhere, totally changing the subjcet of the conversation while still keeping her gaze locked outside once again.

"  Alright... is it okay if I ask you what's going on with you and Tzuyu? " says the older carefully.

" That was random " Chaeyoung looks at Dahyun again, confused. " What do you mean? "

" Like... I saw you two have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter