Confused

Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's unfair, I was finally starting to move on, and she appeared like nothing.

 

Dahyun keeps staring at Chaeyoung, whom looks at her weirdly and everyone else in the room turns around to look at Dahyun too. Sana and Tzuyu were thinking of how they should break the silence, Nayeon never really properly saw Chaeyoung so she did not recognize her and the others... they were just confused.

" What's with this mood? " Jeongyeon finally breaks the ice and Dahyun wants to speak, she wants to say something, anything, but it's like is sealed shut.

" Your older sister looks like a friend of mine who Dahyun was really close to, so I guess she thought she was her, right, Dubu-chan? " Sana smiles. Dahyun forces herself to give a nod and everyone seems to brush it off.

" Yeah, nee-chan has a pretty common face. " Momo snorts

" Hey! " her older sister, Hana, gives her a smack on the shoulder.

" Ah, strawberry cake! " Chaeyoung, no, Nana runs towards the cake with enthusiasm. Too close to Dahyun, too much for the latter to handle.

" I'll get the drinks. " Dahyun smiles and walks towards the kitchen as fast as she can.

" We'll help! " Sana gets up and grabs Tzuyu's hand.

Dahyun rests her back on the fridge, before falling down slowly and embracing her legs. Her breath is unstable, her mind spinning, what was going on? Everything happened too fast, again. Sana and Tzuyu come running and sit down next to the girl that seemed wrapped up like a tiny ball.

" Hey... we don't know for sure if it's her... " Sana pats the younger's head.

" That's right, you know that weird saying of you have at least one twin around the world ? Maybe that girl is not... Chaeyoung. " Tzuyu hesitates a bit, unsure of what she was saying herself.

" Thank you... but... if it really is her... can you guys help me confirm it? " Dahyun raises her head and looks at the two friends.

" Of course! But, how? " says Sana.

" I don't know but... I want to know. I have to. " Dahyun frowns and nods.

" And once you know? " Nayeon comes to the kitchen, with her arms crossed. " I came because you were taking long. Let's take the drinks and talk about this later. "

Sana and Tzuyu help Dahyun stand up and open the fridge to grab coca cola, sprite and lemon/peach/green iced tea. They all go out together and the rest was sitting comfortably while sharing a nice conversation about Seungyeon's new drama.

" Here you go, we didn't know what you wanted so we just brought it all. " Nayeon serves the glasses to the clients (or guests).

" Oh, you didn't have to. " Seungyeon bows and smiles.

Dahyun bows and sits next to Sana and Nayeon, as far away as possible from Chaeyoung. Just the tiny bit of the latter's perfume would make Dahyun remember everything about Chaeyoung, and only the thought was able to almost drive her insane.

" Umh... how long have you three been in Japan? " Sana asks carefully, Tzuyu glances at her girlfriend.

The two oldest look at their younger one, and the latter only shrugs with a faint smile, probably a sign that it was 'okay' to say whatever they were going to say.

" Uh... me and Nee-chan have been here for 4 years or so... Nana... I think she was born here."

" Oh... are you...? " Sana bows in apology.

" It's okay don't worry, and we don't really look alike you would've realized sooner or later. " Nana chuckles, showing the dimples that Dahyun had so missed.

" Well, I'm glad you're my cute lil sister. " Momo headlocks the younger one.

They spend time together and Dahyun realizes that Chaeyoung is not the same person but at the same time she is. She's still the little lion that loved strawberry flavoured everything, that liked artsy things, that was as fluffy as a cotton ball. She was Chaeyoung but with a different name. Much more lively than she was before, a little bit taller (just a bit) and with longer hair.

The sisters eventually leave, leaving only Dahyun, Sana, Nayeon and Tzuyu behind, the latter called Jihyo over and in no time a loud girl came in the shop.

" I'm here! Where's Chaengie? " Jihyo burst in with heavy breaths.

" Chaeyoung, " Tzuyu puts emphasis on the name " left a good 10 minutes ago with the others. "

" Oh, okay... I wanted to see... if she still looked the same. " Jihyo smiles and looks at Dahyun in a bittersweet way.

Dahyun avoids the latter's eyes and bites her lip, she stands up and puts the 'closed' sign in front of the shop's door. Nayeon leaves her seat and stands in the center, clearing her voice and grabbing everyone's attention.

" Well, Dahyun. How do you... feel? What is it that you want to do? " Nayeon stares at the younger with piercing eyes. 

" I... want to get to know Nana. " Dahyun looks up at the older girl and  nods.

" What about Mina? " the older asks again, and damn, her questions were too hard and Dahyun felt too messed up for these kind of questions.

" Who's Mina? " asks Jihyo.

" A client who has a huge crush on Dahyun and they've just started to go out on dates. " replies Sana.

" They're not dates. " Tzuyu defends Dahyun " They're just hanging out. "

" I see... do you like her Dubu? " Jihyo switches her attention on Dahyun once again.

"  Mina is nice, she's pretty and kind, she listens to my blabbing and makes me feel good when we hang out... but I don't know if that's love. "

" You always reject everyone who tries to be something more than friends with you, you never give them a chance, in these few years that I've known you, you've always been so hanged up on Chaeyoung, but now whenever I saw you with Mina I saw that you were interested, do you really want to stop everything to go and chase Chaeyoung? Is she even Chaeyoung anymore? " Nayeon is stern, her words far too real from the idea that Dahyun wanted to believe in.

" But what if it's fate? Why the heck would I meet Chaeyoung again? Sure, she lost her memories and she might not be the same person, but just the fact that I got to meet her again, isn't there a reason why? " says Dahyun, her words desperate, trying to hold on into that little hope of fate.

" So you want me to believe it's destiny? " Nayeon scoffs.

" Maybe?! " Dahyun yells and that's when she takes the older off guard " ... I'm sorry. I didn't want to yell at you... it's just... " 

" No, I'm sorry... I went too far, I know how much you like Chaeyoung. " Nayeon hugs the younger girl.

" If you really want to go with Chaeyoung, then you should at least end things with this Mina girl before both of you get hurt. " says Jihyo.

" Yeah... " Dahyun grabs her phone and invites Mina to hang out  tomorrow, a part of her felt sad because Nayeon was not wrong, Dahyun did like Mina at some point, but just the sight of Chaeyoung was enough to erase it all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Fighting, me. " Dahyun sighs and sprays perfume before going out to the meeting place.

It's rather sunny, they're meeting at a park near the center of the town, there aren't a lot of people around some walking dogs around and occasional couples passing by, and not even 3 minutes and Mina appears with a bright gummy smile on her face, running towards Dahyun.

" I'm sorry, did you wait long? " Mina chuckles and Dahyun can see a bit of flush on her cheeks. The older girl was wearing a simple dress with a brown sweater coat, meanwhie Dahyun only had an overall with a white shirt under it.

" Not really, just 2 minutes." The younger smiles and thinks of how cute the older one is, but she doesn't tell her, she shouldn't. Today is the end.

" I see, that's good. " Mina giggles and they start walking " So... where are you taking me? "

" Out for a coffee, I wanted to talk to you about something... " Dahyun glances at the older, who halted for a second before starting to walk again.

" Ah... really? I see... " says Mina, in such a soft way that it was barely audible. Dahyun started to wonder if the older girl already knew what she was going to talk about or if she thought something totally different.

They don't talk, Dahyun only occasionaly steals glances at the older, whom walks closer to her to the point where their hands are touching, but none of the two grab the other's. It's a good thing that the cafe was not that far away, 10 minutes or less and they arrived.

" Let's sit here... umh, what do you want? my treat. " Dahyun smiles and looks at the menu.

" I'll have a mocha, thanks. " Mina sits down and places her bag on her legs. " So... what did you want to talk about? "

" I... you see... " 

" You...? " Mina smiles and tilts her head to the side in a cute way. The younger gulps, her words stuck in , suddenly everything Nayeon said to her last night came to mind, and she started thinking that it made sense. Did she really want to end things with Mina? The Mina that is so so so pretty that Dahyun spent the past few weeks admiring her face much to the latter's embarassment? Mina that laughs at her corny jokes and listens to all the bull she says? Patient Mina who always helps her and concerned Mina that always tells her to stop eating so much chocopie?

" Hey... what's wrong? " The older wakes Dahyun from her thoughts and the former tries to say something again but her heart doesn't cooperate with her mind. " Why the sad face? What's wrong?? " 

" Ah... nothing,  just got lost in the clouds for a second " Dahyun wipes away her thoughts. Her head hurts, she really doesn't know what she wants anymore.

" Hey... you can tell me anything that's bothering you, I did say that I'd always listen to your problems, remember? " Mina said it in such a soft way that Dahyun felt that breaking this was getting even harder than it already was.

 Dahyun sighs for the 100th time today and looks at Mina in the eyes " I met Chaeyoung again yesterday, you know, that ex that I told you about and I thought that it was fate, that I should get to know her again or something... so today I wanted to end this thing we have going on here, because I didn't want to hurt you or me and just stop whatever this is from escalatating. But then I realized that the thought of losing you was scary, I didn't want that. But I also don't want to- " 

Mina stops Dahyun's talking by placing one of her fingers on the younger's lips.

" Thank you... for telling me all of this. " The older smiles but Dahyun can see her hurt expression. " I like you, a lot. That's no secret right? " she chukles " I want to prove to you how much I like you by saying that I won't give up on you and so on, but one thing that I know is how much you've loved Chaeyoung for the past years... I think that what you two have is fate, and I will let you go because it feels right, but... because I'm also really selfish, can you be my girlfriend just for today? just mine, for a few hours...? "

The younger wants to say no, this will make it all worse, but she can't. She gives in. " Of course...  Shall we go on a proper date then? "

" Gladly! "

 

They go on a 'proper date' this time, they never let go of each other's hand while walking, they stroll around in a park and sit by a tree, small talk that leads them to know more about each other, the older usually never asked Dahyun about Chaeyoung, but today all she ever did was ask about her, the details of how they met each other, how she came to like the girl ecc.

 

 

Mina is the one with the car, but Dahyun still goes with her to her house because she wanted Mina to use all this 'one day girlfriend' time. The older's parents are still not at home cause they work oversea often. Speaking of which, when Mina went with them a few days ago she bought Dahyun a gift, a tofu keychain. " I've been wanting to give this to you but I always forget to do so... it might be weird but it's still a present so I hope you accept it. " the younger accepts the gift since she knows Mina would get hurt and pretend to be okay if she refused it.

 

 

Dahyun carries Mina like a princess around the spacious living room, and finds it adorable how the older wiggles her legs in the air while holding onto Dahyun's neck for her dear life, stupid games, stupid Dahyun who accepted the one day girlfriend thing, stupid Mina who look so cute and pretty and is kind to her and makes her feel warm inside, stupid Dahyun that caught stupid Mina staring at her like she wanted to melt the younger just with a look, like she was the most precious thing in the world and she wanted Dahyun to feel all the love she has for her.

 

" It's almost 11pm, you should go home, it's okay. I had fun, thank you. " Mina removes both  the sheets and her feet from Dahyun's legs after they finish a movie, the younger gets up and starts putting on a lether jacket as Mina leaves to open the door.

" Well then, you're my ex girlfriend now huh? " Dahyun jokes and Mina can only faintly smile. Why did I say that, so unecessary.

" Yep, it's time to say goodbye, now I can finally lose weight. " Dahyun was about to ask what she meant but then she thought that them 'breaking up'  was of course leading to the older not coming by the shop to buy cakes again.

" Yeah... it was nice hanging out with you these past few weeks. " 

Mina hums with a smile on her face and steps back. " So... goodbye? "

Dahyun nods cause she can't speak anymore, if she does words she shouldn't say would come out of her damn mouth. 

" I'm... going to close the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter