Prologue

Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It started four years ago, her falling in love for the first time.

Dahyun was your typical student, she didn't stand out from the crowd, she was neither the best nor the worst student in her class. She only had one friend in class, the group she hangs out with were either a year older or an year younger so, of course, there was not much chance of being in the same class.

A girl approaches her and takes a sit next to her " Dahyun, good morning~" she's Eunbi, you could consider her the only true friend she had in this class, it's not like she didn't get along with her classmates, but that was all they were, classmates.

" Oh, 'morning Eunbi. " Dahyun, who was dozing off looking outside the window, was brought back to reality once her friend taps her on the shoulder.

" Dozing off as always, I see. " Eunbi sits back down and places the books that were inside her bag on the desk.

" It's not like I have anything better to do. " Dahyun scoffs, adjusting her seat.

" Mh, you have a point. " she smirks and faces the teacher that entered the class.

If Eunbi wasn't seated next to her, the two would have never been friends. But then again, Eunbi was friend with literally half of the class. The two of them often studied together after school either alone or with some other classmates, sometimes they'd hang out during the weekends and talk about everything that came into mind. At first, Dahyun found her a bit weird but as time passed she thought that spending time with her wasn't such a bad thing.

 

 

 

Usual morning routine involved waking up, taking the bus, going to class, changing class, spending lunch with her group, going to class once again and finally, going home to her apartment. In other words, a very boring routine.

Dahyun makes her way towards the courtyard where her friends usually had lunch, only two out of three were there. The first one: Jihyo, she was the mother of the group, and it was a bit weird since she wasn't even the oldest. The other girl: Sana, even if she was the oldest it was pretty obvious to anyone that she was the most child-like out of the group, but thankfully her girlfriend, who's also the youngest, is the total opposite so they complement each other well.

These three go way back ( Jihyo being the person who brought them together ). Jihyo and Dahyun knew each other since middle school, when the former moved to the house in front of her she introduced herself to the younger one as soon as she saw her and they were quick to become friends. In high school, when Sana transferred to Korea, Jihyo, whom at the time was the student council president, was entrusted with the girl that was barely able to speak korean and eventually befriended her too.

" Come here Dubu-ya! " Jihyo pats the spot near her.

 

(Dubu, a 'special' nickname, only her closest friends called her like that. It started in middle school, while Jihyo and Dahyun were eating out together the older suddenly said " You know... you look like a Tofu! Dahyun the Tofu! ... Tofuhyun! No, Dubu! Can I call you like this? " Dahyun refused at first but as Jihyo kept calling her that she ended up liking it herself. It fits her, she thought, but never told the older girl.)

 

" Hey, where's your girlfriend? " Dahyun sits and crosses her legs while neatly taking out everything from her lunchbox.

" Earlier today she texted me that she had to show a transfer student around the campus. She doesn't know if she'll be able to join us today. " says Sana while checking her phone to see if the girl messaged.

" Jealous? " Jihyo smirks and playfully pushes Sana with her elbow.

" Not really, no. " Sana replies full of confidence to the teasing. The mutual trust between Tzuyu and Sana was one of the thing that kept their relationship going for so long. Plus, no one would dare come in between the two, Sana was a looker, Tzuyu was a looker, Sana was the sun, and Tzuyu the moon. The perfect combination.

" You should learn from her Jihyo, if you trusted your boyfriend more... " Dahyun stopped talking once she felt an intense glare on her, bringing up this topic was not one of the best decision she made.

" Talks the girl who never had a boyfriend at the age of 19. " Jihyo replies, but it didn't offend Dahyun, because it was true. She has never been in a relationship before.

" Maybe you don't swing that way Dubu-chan? " words coming out with nonchalance from Sana's mouth.

" You think she's gay? " Jihyo asks while checking Dahyun from head to toe for whatever reason.

" You think I'm gay? " Dahyun giggles, the idea never came to mind. " I think I might be ase-xual rather than etero, gay or bi... or... whatever else is there. "

" I agree with that, I think you're ase-xual. " Jihyo nods in approval, Sana shrugs and resumes eating

" Speaking of relationships, here comes your girlfriend. " Jihyo gestures and motions the two to look in front.

Tzuyu was walking towards the group with someone behind her, probably that transfer student they were talking about earlier. As they arrive, Dahyun was now able to take a good look of the girl, she was really small beside Tzuyu's tall figure. If Dahyun could guess, she was around her height if not even shorter. Even her hair was short but of a really pretty light brown color. She also had a notable mole on the left side near her bottom lip.

" Guys, this is Chaeyoung, she just transferred in and I thought of inviting her to join us for lunch. " Tzuyu indicates the small girl with her left hand.

The latter bows, and with a light smile introduces herself. Dahyun takes a mental note of her dimples too. " Hello, I'm Son Chaeyoung, nice to meet you. "

" Hi! I'm Park Jihyo, it's nice to meet you too. " Jihyo stands up and offers a hand shake to the girl.

" I'm Sana, Minatozaki Sana. Nice meeting you. " Sana smiles at her and shakes her hand.

" Dahyun. Kim Dahyun. Pleasure meeting you. " Dahyun shakes her hand too.

They sit together once again, Chaeyoung in between Jihyo and Dahyun, they kept making sure she was at ease but all Dahyun could see was a fidgety small girl forcing out smiles and answers to their question.

" Why did you transfer in? It's weird since it's almost midterm. Of course, if I can ask. " asks Sana.

" No problem. My dad got a job offer but it required us to move into a new city, so... here I am. "

" I see, well, how do you like the school so far Chaeyoung? " asks Jihyo

" It's really beautiful! I especially like your art room. " Chaeyoung gives what Dahyun considers her first genuine smile, her face lit up at the sole mention of art.

" Oh, you like art? Planning on joining the art club? " Dahyun finally asks her a question.

" Maybe, yeah. " she nods enthusiastically.

 

 

 

It doesn't take that long for Chaeyoung to settle in the group. Tzuyu enjoyed having a friend of the same age, Sana and Jihyo adored her for being so small and cute (aka somewhat of a change from the youngest). Dahyun, well, she didn't mind her. They officially became friends when everyone was running late and they were the only two at lunch, Dahyun hated the awkwardness so she tried to start a conversation that lead up to a really long chat about doodles and drawings.

(" You should... you now, show me your sketchbook... if you want to. " says Dahyun.

" Sure! You should too. "

" Ah...about that, I can just show my drawing on my copybook. I like art and doodling, but I'm not an artist myself. " Dahyun smiles at the younger girl in an apologetic way, but the younger girl only shakes her head back and forth. " It's okay don't worry! But I'll show you mine whenever you want. Oh, so what are you into then? "

Dahyun thinks for a minute, then nods and says " Piano. I've played the piano since I was little. "

" Really? Then... you should let me hear you play sometimes. " Chaeyoung smirks and, damn, Dahyun really did find those dimples cute.)

 

 

 

Quick, is how the situation that has been occurring can be explained. It's been a month since she first met Chaeyoung. Dahyun noticed, Tzuyu noticed, all four of them noticed how Chaeyoung changed her behavior, particularly towards the tofu of the group. But it seemed like no one was reading too much into it.

Except for Dahyun, since she was the one subject to it after all. She noticed how Chaeyoung would gaze at her with that intense but affectionate stare whenever she'd play the piano, how when she looked up from the keyboard she'd find the younger one quickly avoiding her eyes.

How the sudden skinships suddenly increased. Whenever she wanted to, Chaeyoung would pretend to be tired while they were hanging out with the others and on the way back she'd rest her head on the older's shoulder; or how she'd back hug Dahyun, hold her hand while they were walking, lock their arms while they were standing waiting in front of a line... the younger girl did whatever she wanted.

But Dahyun never shook her off, she let her do. She enjoyed the skinship, enjoyed the idea of the younger girl maybe having a crush on her and enjoyed being looked at like she was the most precious thing in the world.

Though, she'd never tell Chaeyoung she felt like this. No, she was too scared of it turning out to be all in her mind and 'reading too much into it when it was actually nothing at all. '

She'd never tell anyone.

Not Jihyo.

Not Sana.

Not Tzuyu.

No one.

 

 

 

 

Of course though, it was bound to happen. The fated topic that made Dahyun sweat two full buckets.

" Chaeyoung is so strangely really really affectionate towards you. " says Tzuyu while munching her kimbap. Chaeyoung was not with the group today, the art club held her in and she could not say no to their request.

" I noticed long ago, but now it's so obvious the girl is into you, Dubu. " Jihyo smiles and teases the latter.

" Aww... my Dubu-chan is finally going to grow up... " Sana fakes tearing up and the others start to giggle.

" S-shut up! It's not like that, we're friends. " Dahyun stands up and faces her friend.

" No need to get so worked up over your friend then! " Jihyo laughs, but stops once she notices how Dahyun's expression changed from flustered to uncomfortable.

" ... Okay, I'm sorry. I went too far... but, I'm just saying. A friend would not look at you the same way Sana and Tzuyu are looking at each other. " Jihyo pats Dahyun on the shoulder. And Dahyun knows, she's not that oblivious to the looks Chaeyoung has been giving her. But she's too scared to acknowledge it to the public.

" That's right. Just, consider the fact that she might be into you. " Tzuyu speaks once again after she finishes her kimbap.

They discuss no further after that and the mood stays awkward until a running Chaeyoung comes with a sack full of food in her hand while smiling and panting at the same time.

 

 

 

 

They get to know each other. Sometimes the two would hang out alone, be it for shopping or just simply staying behind after school while Dahyun plays the piano and Chaeyoung sketches on her notebook. And it's during those times that Dahyun understands how her relationship with Chaeyoung evolved. They didn't even need to talk, they just enjoyed each other's presence.

She learns more and more about Chaeyoung. Since the younger had this habit of touching her hair continuously, one day Dahyun decided to tie her hair into two little pigtails, but the younger still managed to keep on touching her hair, which the older found super cute. Once she revealed it to the younger girl she only scoffed back saying " You have a weird habit too. You always touch your nose and your lips. "

" No one ever told me about me my lips " Dahyun laughs " Do your eyes always wonder here or what. " she indicates her lips with the index finger.

Chaeyoung blushes and looks away " No! I... I'm just really sharp and notice everything about my friends. "

" Hey, don't get flustered I was just messing with you. " Dahyun ruffles her hair, and Chaeyoung is back to smiling like a 2 year old kid once again

" You know, I thought you were the quiet type, but now you turned out to be a different person. " says Chaeyoung while removing the older's hand from her hair.

" I get that a lot, when people first get to know me I'm really... silent. But once I get comfortable I'm like this. " Dahyun to dance with her arms.

The younger giggles " What are you even doing... "

" Explaining with my body! " she stars waving all the parts of her body, Chaeyoung kept laughing throughout all of the body waves.

 

 

 

 

 

Turns out, all her overlooked details were true. Dahyun finds out the younger's feelings on a rainy day.

" Could you help me with my homework? I have to send it in tomorrow but you're the only one I can ask... Jihyo and the rest went home before I could ask but when I checked you were still in your classroom... please? " Chaeyoung comes in front of her classroom and asks, of course, she can't say no to the small one.

" Sure, let's go to the library. " Dahyun starts walking towards the library when Chaeyoung locks her arm with her, but it wasn't a new thing, in fact, she was used to it.

One hour, an endless explanation about home economics to the younger girl, but thankfully the girl was a fast learner.

It's towards the end that everyth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter