Perhaps final showdown?

Still Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Perhaps Final Showdown?[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]29/01/17[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]AshHossain[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

I think this chapter is really boring.....And Name means nothing :)

The cold water felt nice as it hit my body on this cold autumn night. The emotional turmoil that went beneath the sheath of mine, for that it was better. Letting the coldness touch the outside, hoping it would freeze everything beneath it, turning me into an ice. Yes… Ice perhaps would have been better. Ice didn't think, they didn't feel. Could I become like that?

 

“Hyung!”

 

54….

 

it was 54th time that Ken had slammed on the door of the washroom. How long has it been since I entered? Was it too long? Or just for some minutes. I couldn't care.

 

“Hyung... Please answer to me… why are you doing this?”

 

I heard his slam getting stronger, any further strength, the door might as well break down.

 

Can't I stay a bit longer?

 

I turned off the shower, ruffling my hair with a towel I opened the door up for him, I didn't even realize that I was still wearing clothes in the shower. He stood appalled as I sent him a gentle smile, but he didn't smile back. Rather his eyes widened with questions. I suppose the upturn of my lips were too small to be visible for him.

 

“I just wanted a shower….why are you so worried?”

 

I walked passed him, without waiting for his answer. He stood there frozen, I didn't look back. I didn't have the time to. After all, I needed to pack a lot of clothes and catch the next train to ….I dunno where! Any cities or village or... Perhaps country would have been fine….. I just needed to...get away...

 

I dragged my body to my room, my steps, it never felt this hard to take steps before. Water still dripping from my fringes while the soaked dress kept the trails of water marks on the floor.

 

What was going on with me?

 

Yes, he forgot me. Did I not anticipate it? Have I really never considered the possibility of him forgetting me? He was a childhood friend, just a childhood friend. Surely I called him my lifelong friend but had he ever uttered it? No! He did not.Even I don't remember all of the kids that I used to play with when I had been a kid. How could he? When he went to USA...he surely met many a people there. How could he remember me? I might have been among those nameless kids for him. So how could I not think about the possibility of him forgetting me?

 

I had….

..over a thousand times I had told myself that sentence. I had told myself that he had forgotten all about me. But…

why does it hurt then?

 

I said this to me so many times then why was it getting this difficult for me to understand? Why could I not accept the fact that Jung Taekwoon could not recognize my color? That Jung Taekwoon failed to remember my name…..that Jung Taekwoon forgot me….

 

Tears again filled my eyes and I looked up at the roof to prevent them from falling. That trick never worked for me. Tears still made its way down.

 

Would I cry if Ken had forgotten me after 15 years? Is it normal to cry?

 

“Hyung why are you packing your clothes?”

 

Ken’s panic filled eyes pulled me from my unsorted thoughts. I tried to sent him a broken smile so he only sees that, but not my tears, that didn't happen. He was always a few inches taller than I, so even when I held my head up to stop the tear, he could see it with no leisure at all.

 

“Why are you crying? What's WRONG?! Hyung!” Ken shook me hard, I looked away from him. Tried to avoid his eyes. I gulped.

 

What was I to say to this man? That the person who I searched for 5 years does not even remember my name? Could I actually say it to him? To the one that had changed his branch over and over again, just to company me in this wrecked journey of mine?

 

“Did someone do something to you? Or say to you?”

Then he paused. My eyes widened at him as he whispered the next words,

 

“You found out that Taekwoon is Leo... Didn't you?”

 

I stared at him, my eyes fixed into his, he bit his lower lip.

 

“You knew?” I hissed.

“Yes…”

“How?”

“ the waiter girl told me that he returned from USA five years ago, the family name matched, so I dug into his past.”

“Why have you not informed me then?” My voice stern, and I looked at him with icy glares. He didn't flinch. He casually made me sit down on my bed and he sat down on the floor, hand calmly resting on mine.

“So that you wouldn't do what you are doing now…”

“What ridiculous reason is that?” I shoved his hand away, getting up to fasten up my packing.

 

All of my friends betrayed me….how could even Ken…

“You are supposed to be my friend! Then why would you, even after knowing that I looked for hi-”

“You said he is just a childhood friend!” His voice loud.

“Yes…”I stopped, but refused to turn around.

“Then why is he more important to you than me, hyung?”

“No!” turning around I walked upto him, closing the distance between us crushing him into an embrace. He stiffened, I waited for him to relax, he didn't. I felt as if his breath hitched in his throat.

“You are of equal importance,Ken! Why would you…”

“Then why are you leaving me here? He was just a childhood friend, right? He left you for 15 years but what about me? I have spent my last 14 years with you!” he slightly pushed my waist to remove me, I finally relinquished my hold on him but avoided his eyes.

“Look at me hyung! Is it because I still stayed with you? Would you held me by this importance if I had left you like him!? If I had forgotten you?”

“KEN!”

“DON'T SHOUT HYUNG! Friends don't hung over a childhood friend for 15 years! If they do then they wouldn't be a sobbing mess like you hyung! I would take my friend out for a drink and tell him about the days we had spent together until he remembers!

“W-What are you trying to say?” I felt my throat getting disturbingly dry.

“You know exactly what I am saying! Don't pretend that you don't! Why did you have that faith that he would remember you? Are you really going to say that color thingy to me again? Then listen! There are over 7 Billion people on this earth! Do you really expect me to believe that in those 7 Billion there isn't another 100 scarlet like you?!”

 

I choked. He wasn't wrong, I always knew that people can share colors. I knew that fact very well, but yet I held onto that believe that he’ll remember me by my color.

My silence gave away my answer.

 

He scoffed.

 

“See! You have had thoughts about it. Then why? Why did you keep on believing that he will remember you. He will be able to answer your question.. the question that is so mere that can be answered only by one sentence- because I didn't feel the necessity of contacting you- yet you came here. Yet you believed that there was another reason! Where did that trust came from, HYUNG?”

“I-i don't need to answer you…” I tried to turn around, this time he grabbed me by my arm. I glared at him, he didn't even care.

“No… you don't need to answer me… but you need to answer yourself!”

“I never asked you to company me Ken. If you hadn't then you wouldn't have any problem on this matter…”

“Yes… and you could jump off from Mapo bridge, right?”

He again startled me. I quietly looked at him, my lips parted and then again clamped shut.

“Do you really think I’m that stupid to not figure out why you would come to Seoul after finding the whole nation? This is the capital but yet you looked through the whole country to find the only heir of a businessman. I knew very well what your plan is hyung..the chances of finding him in here was the highest that’s the only reason why you came here at last! Even you in your own oblivion knew he wouldn’t remember you! And look! That was the plan you had about your life! For someone who left you 15 years ago….It’s the suicidal bridge of our nation…nobody cares who jumps from there anymore!...that is why I came this far! But look at you! You! Being you, have never even seen the one that stood by you. Always hung up on one person, calling him friend. If you call him a friend after going to that extent…” he paused, his voice husky from the tears that he was fighting to hold in, “then what does that make me hyung? A mere stranger? Am I really only that much to you?

 

“No... I..” my voice became shaky, because I had an answer. But I couldn't explain it to him. Our color...it was between red and pink...that was where the confidence came from… it had to! How was I supposed to make him understand that?

 

“Hyung… he gave up on you…. I might sound bitter, but he did not ever thought of you as a lover…..”

“Wait.. I didn't either… I’m not interested in those! Love is just a dellusion...”

“Are you really going to keep on denying? Yes… you are not interested hyung. I’ll never doubt on that…”

“Then what are you saying!? You are making no sense!” My voice perhaps too loud only to prove his idea wrong.

He exhaled to calm himself.

“You are not interested because you already gave your heart to someone else…. How can someone else ever seem appealing to you? How can you be interested when your heart was already that loyal….”

“You are wrong Ken! I do not love him! How can I? Why would I love my childhood friend?! I barely knew him.. What he has become like, what he would look like... That makes no sense? Surely I believed he would know me because.. Because our strands connects, I can't explain to you about that.. but… I mean if I loved him, then I'd have fallen in love with him again as Leo.. I didn't! So it’s-”

“That just proves my theory more... Doesn't it?”

“What?” My legs suddenly felt numb, I didn’t even know what was going on with me, i almost fell on the ground but Ken’s one hand kept on holding me by my arm and another one holding my waist, helping me to keep on standing. His words hit me like a hammer, and I felt like a pin that had nowhere but to dig into the wall, the hard wall of realization… perhaps truth?

 

“Your heart is so loyal to him, that you refused to even fall for the same guy with just a different name…..you only had that one Jung Taekwoon in your heart, where he had already moved on. That’s why you are crying hyung for a childhood friend that you barely knew….”

 

“no...I can't be..”

 

“yes…. This is the feeling of a broken heart hyung…”

 

What could I reply?

 

My brain had already stopped functioning, Ken leaned forward, our noses almost brushing each other, his breath warm on my lips, I knew he exhaled deliberately to increase the tension in the air,gently  caressing my face with his hand,

 

“He moved on… you should as well…. Your life is yours... I’ll help you as your friend. I’ll be there till the end, be your mental support. I’ll be more than that if you want.I’ll be there till you actually get over him…i’ll help you as a friend...”

“Why?” I murmured…

“because I have seen your sorrow, your tears your smile…..i cant allow them to disappear for someone who had no courtesy of even keeping a simple promise…. You are my hyung, my friend... I'll try my best…”

.He slowly moved up, as he placed a kiss on my forehead. A drop of tear ran down my cheeks in my own oblivion, and I closed my eyes.

 

My brain refused to believe what Ken had said. But, he was right… we were each other's other half, but I had seen many people never even meeting their other half. How they spent their whole life in separate world. He was doing so as well… yet I didn't. Yet I searched for him, yet my heart cried to know why he never contacted me...yet I cried because he didn't remember me... Because he fainted hearing my name. The image of him blacking out, falling on me as I held him into my arm and shouted for help still so fresh in my mind that I could still feel the warmth shared between us, the panic of not feeling his heartbeat still ran shiver down my spine. All because thinking again that I had done something to my Taekwoonie...

 

Since When was he my Taekwoonie?

 

My inside twisted in a sick spasm. Ken slowly looked down at me, his eyes questioning about my next move. I slowly looked up to match his stare.

 

“Ken-ah….”

“mm…..”

“Why does it hurt more now?Wh-Why did the pain increase….. I feel like... I feel like I'm stuck in a bubble underwater, where only destruction awaits for me. Nobody can save me…. I-”

“But you are not trapped inside a bubble...You are trapped in my arm.” he hushed.

His arms wrapped around my waist and he pulled me closer, I didn't protest.

“Now my hyung will you still-”

“Ken-ah…... I’m tired…”

 

Ken paused for a brief moment before releasing me. He sl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter