A Fateful Night

Still Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] A Fateful Night [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]14/01/17[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]AshHossain[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

“And then the boss said that it was my fault that we lost the client.”

My eyes observed the enraged blonde’s grip tightening around his glass of coke, while he muttered a string of incoherent profanities.

The waitress, by her nature kept on passing by my table, but today rather wearing a shocked look on her faces, as she glanced at my friend each minute. Her color was changing, the rainbow of colors was slowly merging together, I was seeing it.

Every week.

Everyday.

Every moment as she matured.

How the little lilac in her spreaded, vanishing other shades near it, the large amount of white around her slowly turned into little snowflake fleeing across her feature. How soon the colors collided and the shade of mauve surrounded her.

Yes.

That was her color. She was certainly the one to make the best choices.

How fitting they were…

They.

They, as I watched the mauve attracting the aqua before me. Their strands connect. And when they do the color…..

“I am gonna change my branch again!”

My trails of thoughts broke, and I again focused on the blonde. A crack ran down the glass.

“No way in hell am i going to keep on working under him!”

“No way in hell am I paying for that,” my eyes straight locked into his. He blinked a few times before looking down at the crack. And then started the panic talkings. I exhaled a long sigh and looked away from him. Mind wandering on its own.

He was again late.

 

The time ticked down, and soon the cafe was well-high vacant. Ken yawned a few times, rubbing the daylights out of his eyes. He looked cute when he did that. Cute. Adorable.

“I’ll take my leave now,” he said grabbing his blazer in his hand, other hand still rubbing one of his eyes.

“Meet you at home,” he offered me a tited smile which I nodded to in acknowledgement.

After that, I ordered two new variety of cakes, just to keep myself away from boredom. And it was already 9:00pm, the closing time of this cafe. No way I could keep on sitting there now, could I?

The coldness of autumn night greeted me, as I took my first step out of the cafe. Turning right, I saw a certain car parking a few steps away from the cafe, at the time when the cafe was getting closed.

A certain car it is .

And the person getting out of the car was also most accurately certain as well. He got out in a rush, but his pace slowed as he reached close to me. My cautious eyes gave away my question, which he returned with an apologetic bow.

“It certainly is the very time when you feel to meet me….isn’t it...Jung-sshi?” My voice filled with amusement caught his eyes that filled with guilt. The coldness brushed both of us, while he flashed me something that could well considered to be a smile.

“What was it today?” I asked imploringly, feigning a look of not-being-interested. My pace slowly matching his, eyes amusingly fraining the difference in our shadow.

“ Sophie..”

I nodded. It wasn't as if the first time he did that in this past three weeks, neither for the first time was Sophie the reason. It never bothered me. But there was one question that kept bugging me, and I just somehow let it out.

“Why don't you call me that you'd be late?”

He paused. Waiting for a while he again started taking steps, pace a little faster than before.

“You are allowed to leave if you like.”

I suppose I was….why didn't I then?

He hid something. I smelled it, but ignored. The path was getting shorter, so was I getting more tired. There was no point in dragging the matter any further. After all it was him who demanded to meet everyday anyway.

-------------------------------

The Sunday morning has somehow turned into my favorite time throughout the whole week.

My daily alarm never woke me up after my fateful meeting with the kindergarten teacher. At first my brain used to look for answer, then my heart stopped me from it. Telling me that it was okay to finally have a change.

So I allowed the change, I allowed that memory to get out of my head. That want of seeing that face got replaced by a new adoring wish.

A wish of meeting him.

 

“Wake up,” my mother cooed as her hands habitually combed through my hair.She has somehow turned into my newest alarm. I flashed her a small smile, before snugging my face again back into the pillow.

“It's Sunday,” mother whispered.

“I know,” so did I.

The next chapters of my day was very normal. Getting up, washing myself , then getting ready to meet him. It was the only day of the week when we could do some talking while sitting somewhere for hours rather than walking on the street to his house.

Sunday really was a happy day..

I unknowingly hummed my way to the front door of my house, and walked towards the garage. To my oblivious shock, I found no car in there.

My questioning eyes demanded an answer to the guard, who lowered his eyes to say

The deflating answer to me,

“you are not allowed to go out today.”

I rushed to my mother, face probably red in high, I froze before her. She sat there with father on the couch, sipping coffee from her cup, sheepishly.

“What is going on?” No courtesy to hide my anger I shot the question towards them.

Father peered through the smoke of the hot coffee, then slowly putting the mug down on the coffee table before him.

“What?” He asked curtly.

As if he didn't know already.

I flinched but controlled my fury. As calmly as I could I replied to his question.

“Why can I not go out?”

“Ow that! Your birthday is in two days.”

Leo looked at him suspiciously as the smile on his father's face looked like plastic.

“And the marriage will be held on two weeks after that, so we need to-”

“Marriage?” I sputtered.

“Yes… You with Han Sophie. You both have been going out for a month and there is no objection from the Han family as well. So it was better to get it done as soon as possible.”

My eyes widened with each words, my ground as if started to crack under my feet, perhaps falling in the depth of the ground would have been better. I searched for words to say, but my brain failed me and I stared at my parents who shared amused looks amongst themselves.

“Owh!” My mother snapped, holding my old phone he walked before me. I sent a blank stare at her.

Suddenly all the energy in my body had left me, as if my body was using it to still keep me on my feet, standing.

“Invite all of your friends. We would want a huge party, later we can list out the relatives.” She flashed me a smile.

The decision was already made. I had no option of denying to it whatsoever.

And with that one smile I realized that my world was falling apart and I….

I failed to preserve it.

 

Sophie came by once, wearing a black dress. It was very first time she had visited my house, ny room. I was surrounded by black. Her silky straight hair messed up even in a worst condition than mine.

She at first just stood before me, my eyes fixed at nowhere. I didn't look up at her, I didn't want to. Part of mine felt as if it was all her fault and part of mine said half was mine. All she did was handing me a dark wedding card, probably a demo to the design of the original one. I lifted my hand slowly, no energy left in that body to even grab it probably, my hand stuttered, and I had no wish to see what was written on it either.

I liked the color...dark….just like my life…

After that ….after that she had complained alot, I had not hear them.

No...that would be detrimental to say.

I heard them but could not register them. They seemed like frustrated lecture, while she rummaged through my clothes. Throwing them here and there on my bed. I hadn't look back.

It was chaotic and muddlesome.

All had I known that she was the one who had dragged me to bed, the one that initiated the moves, then the part of her being frustrated went beyond my comprehension. I just sat on my bed, before my dresser, knees upto my chest , arms hugging them tightly, while I buried my face in those. To hide myself from all the attention. From all the lights of the world.

I did not realize how long was I in that state. Because by the time I returned to a little sense of mine, I had not find any lady there. Rather I heard something that was quite unhealthy for both my physical and mental health.

“Why are you sitting there as if you have been sentenced to death?”

His manly voice hit my eardrums. Each words felt like poison, and I wished I could devour it to finally put an end to my misery.

“The funny part is you are a man. I could have Understood if you were a lady and your parents were FORCEFULLY marrying you off. But you are a healthy young fine man. Snap out of it!”

This little imbicle…..Maybe I should charge him for gender discrimination….

“And what is this black aura around you? Black cloth, black dress, black hair covering your face, black wedding card (?) and you are sitting here, burying your face. Speaking of dress... What are you wearing? Pajama? Doesn't seem like it?”

I sweared to God, that one day it would be me who would seal that mouth of him. Because,replying to his stupid questions were the easy part while Ignoring was the tough task.

Maybe to put an end to my misery of listening to his nonsensical blabbers my phone started to ring. I peered at the screen.

The name flashed on it hit me hard. While thinking of my own concern,I happened to forget how I was supposed to meet him in the morning. And it was a few hours away from midnight now. A small fear grasped me, and my hand automatically gripping onto my clothes.

The ring ended. Only to be followed by another call, from the same person.

“Passport guy? He still bugs you?” Ravi said, taking the phone in his hand,

“Want me to sc-”

“Tell him my condition,” my voice hardly a coarse whisper.

“Huh?”

“My wedding...tell him..” I sounded desperate. Maybe that blue fool understood how severe my wish was, he nodded his head, slowly putting the phone on loudspeaker, eys locked into mine.

“hello..”

“ You know Leo-sshi, it's not always fun to keep on waiting for someone from the dawn to dusk, also when that someone does not have any courtesy to instruct me on how he would be not be able to arive on the deciding time, or not appear at all,” his voice was firm, bordering on being angry.

I could imagine his face- it was most probably marred by the conflicting emotions he was feeling. Part of him telling him how I must have had a strong reason to stand him up, while other part of him demanded explanation.

A small sigh followed,

“Can you please at least bother to tell me if you are on the street or not?”

I looked over at Ravi. The startled prince squinted at the screen, as if he as well was waiting for an answer that SIRI might as well reply on his behalf.

My leg slowly kicked him, and he snapped out of his daze. Rubbing the spot where he got kicked he finally replied, voice ever so deep.

“Um. Leo hyung had appointment to attend to?”

I sent him a death glare for lying, and he shrugged in return. A small pause from the other side.

“And you might be?”

“I’m his cousin, Kim Ravi…. Well there's one thing you need to know…”

“What?” His voice still so strong.

“Its not an appointment actually… he was forbidden to go out today.”

“Why?” His voice was small clearly reflecting the confusion in his eyes.

“You see,”

Ravi paused. Inhaling enough Oxygen that he seemed to need so much, he continued “You might find it funny, but he is getting married, or engaged after two days on his birthday so he is here sitting around and sulking on his bed,” Ravi replied narrowing his eyes at me.

Another small yet soft sigh from him. Then shocking us to our death he screeched,

“You little! I know you are listening to me! You were not allowed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter