A New Dream

Still Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] A New Dream [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]07/11/16[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]AshHossain[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]The loud thudding noise in my ears was enough to make me realize how much desperate I was to meet this person. And how I ran here with every last bit of my energy left in this body after knowing that someone else was to return the passport, only hoping to hear that voice once more.

 

The noise still haven't calmed down and I could see the mouth of the lady at the counter moving. I couldn't make out what she was telling me as at that time,as the only one thing that was going through my mind was,

 

I missed him….

 

“Mr Jung, Are you with us?”

 

My trail of thoughts got disrupted with the voice of an unknown lady. Shifting my head to the source of the voice, I found myself sitting with a middle aged man wearing suit and a lady wearing a black silk gown with a long V neck. The lady had a mischievous smile playing on her lips.

 

Ah.. I am at another meeting.. the reason why I missed him…

 

I nodded slightly and they again started to talk. I could feel the continuous stare of that lady on me very well. Even though I tried to ignore, but I knew well , that she was also the very reason why I was here,sitting in a meeting,wearing such clothes.

 

Of course...why else would father tell me to wear something like this to a meeting...

 

“Okay, I think we are okay now.” The man said getting up and shaking hands with one of our worker and I just bowed my head, not certainly in the mood to know about unnecessary topic at that moment.

 

The man started to walk out of the room and our worker followed, I kept my position remained waiting for the lady to also start to walk.

 

Well, she didn’t.

 

Lifting my head up after awhile, I found that lady still smiling, and this time her fingers also played with her hair strands. And looking at her stance I was sure that she won't leave me alone right now, be it just a dinner or drink, she is about to ask for it. Despite of knowing that, I decided to take a step.

 

If she didn’t move then I should, right?

 

Bowing my head a little customarily, I turned to take my step,only to be stopped by her as she grabbed my arm.

 

“Are you free right now? There's a nice drinking place around here that I know of..”

 

Surprise Surprise….

 

Her way of talking was making me sick. I understood very well that father sent me here to get this lady’s attention,but at that moment,I was not myself, and that seductive tone of her was not helping me to relax either. I offered her a fake smile,and that red lips of her curved into a smirk.

 

One drink won't harm…

.

.

Life is a real mystery and you never know what waits for you. Just like how I didn't know yesterday that I would become so crazy to only hear an unknown voice like this , neither did I know today that this lady would just get drunk like this only after four shots. There's a high possibility of this lady,who introduced herself as Sophie is faking, but for some reason I didn't wanna care about it.

 

Just leave her at her apartment and leave.

 

That was most certainly my plan,but it seemed like her one differed from mine a great deal. And, it was also for that certain reason that I was now lying on her bed , with the lady wrapping her legs and arms around like an octopus and I? Struggled to release myself from her grasp.

 

Why is nothing going by my plan?

 

And maybe it was to make my task even harder that my phone started to ring at that moment. Pushing her arms away from me I somehow sat down,her legs still wrapped around me. Taking the call,

 

“Hello.”

 

“Where are you?”

 

The person for whom I ended up here sounded quite falsely concerned, while I tried to control my temper another time today.

 

“ I’m at Ms. Sophie's apartment.”

 

“Ms. Sophie’s apartment?” He sounded appalled.

 

“hn. I’ll be home soon”

 

Or not.

 

And I felt someone pulling me by the back of my collar causing me to again lie down,as she again wrapped her hands around me.

 

“You are not going anywhere,Leo-ssi~”

 

She whispered, but loud enough for both me and my father to hear. I got annoyed by that order already,and my father had to just pour extra fuel into it with the next sentence that he said.

 

“Do what she says. Her father is an imp-”

 

I hung up. That was enough for me to understand what he was about to say next also to make me infuriated. Maybe I was too rude, but at that time I don't think I needed to act as a loyal son.

 

Son……

 

Sometimes I wonder if he ever thought of me like that.  At that moment what I felt like was nothing but a company product that my father was using and I had no choice either.

 

“It’s all you and me now” the words itself felt as if someone had poured poison in my ears and I looked at her with disgust while the phone in my hand kept on ringing. Probably my so called father worried that I’d leave her and his company would suffer the loss.

 

I should do that, right?

 

But I couldn’t. After all, I was my parents loyal son.

 

Her fingertips started to work on my shirt as it one by one while my grip tightened around the vibrating phone. It was probably the last button when I lost my temper. Shoving her away from me, I took the phone almost yelling,

 

“Okay fine! I’ll do what she wants me to do! You want me to fulfil her desire! I’ll do it! That will make you happy right?”

 

“Um……. no….but I suppose it’ll make her happy?”

 

My eyes widened with each words. The shattered hope in the morning started to again merge together while I felt as if my heartbeat had stopped.

 

That voice……

 

Maybe a few minutes went by, but I couldn’t tell, after all I was still dazed and somehow mesmerized by that voice.

 

“Umm...anyone there?”

 

I broke out of my daze and finally open my lips. But words wont come out, no matter how much I tried, and the least I could utter was,

 

“Hn…”

 

“Um… I was the passport guy… um.. It seems you were busy.. So if you are free tomorrow then, can we meet tomorrow?”

 

I finally came to my senses, well enough to finally realize what was happening around me. I suppose I was too much desperate to hear that voice again somehow. Such a joke but yet it felt relieving..

 

I wonder why…

 

“ ah… yes… I’m free tomorrow…”

 

“Who says?”

 

For a few moment there I forgot that I was not alone and the other person’s voice again did not fail to piss me.

 

“Umm…. am I invading your privacy? Should I call later?”

 

I felt as if My heart snapped at that sentence. And I immediately tried to ensure him that it was nothing of that.

 

“No no… you are not. Please go on.”

 

“Umm….. so where should we meet up?”

 

“Ah! Shall we meet at a restaurant? ‘Starlights’.... be there by 12:00pm, maybe?”

 

I must have sounded so eager at that time, but again just like in the morning I couldn’t care less. Afterall , my mind was working on its own while I could not win against it by reasoning, neither did I want to.

 

“Ahh…. okay I’ll be there..”

 

“Thanks….I’ll come.”

 

“Okay…”

 

I almost put the phone down when I heard him again saying something to me.

 

“Would you mind if I say something?”

 

I again took that phone to my ear .

 

“No…”

 

“Don’t force yourself…. Even though I’m not in a place to tell you this. But yet, I just wanna tell you that, this is not something you should force yourself into.”

 

Surprisingly, for someone as I was, I have never wanted anyone else to tell me what to do. My father and mother was enough. Advice? I didn’t need those. They practically held no meaning to me whatsoever. And therefore I never accepted them. They annoyed me.

 

That’s where it felt strange. Because this time it did not hassle me.

 

My brain was reacting to every one of his words differently. And ‘Differently’ being the key word, it was meant to be irritating. But I ended up enjoying it. Enjoying the fact that I was losing my mind, all because of one man’s v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter