when i first laid my eyes on you

the best of me is you

note: this takes place a month before school starts

soonshine's pov❤


 

 

A club meeting, what a stupid idea for a Saturday morning, Soonyoung whispers to himself walking as quickly as possoble to get back to his room. He might love chemistry but not on Saturdays. He wants to rest. He wants to get away from test tubes and graduated cylinders for ones.


Soonyoung looks at his watch, 10:46 am, and grunts. But good thing he still has two hours to get a nap until he gets back to studying. It's a nice day, at least, sunny and cool at the same time. He started walking at a normal pace when he gets close to the school garden and studies the things he passed by. As he looks on his side, he saw someone playing soccer alone in the field. Soonyoung stops his track and looks at the person, examining the features. Tall, tan, he's got good sense in playing, and Soonyoung has to admit he's quite handsome.


He shakes his head, when the guy turns to his direction and started running for the ball again. "Did he saw me?!" Soonyoung freaks out and turns to leave. "What was I even doing?"

 


Soonyoung stomps as he goes up to the stairs to the floor where his room is. He opens to door quietly, still feeling a bit embarrassed for what he did.


"Oh hi,hyung! How was the meeting? Why did Jisoo hyung even called for a meeting it's not like school is starting already-Oh! Are you joining a competition? Wow, that's-" Seungkwan, Soonyoung's new roommate, stops his blabbering when he looks at Soonyoung's blushing face. "What's wrong hyung?" The younger tilts his head.


Soonyoung would find that adorable if it wasn't for this embarrassing feeling he's dealing with right now.


He shakes his head and tells Seungkwan it's nothing. "Nothing that worries you. It's fine." Soonyoung tells the other trying to brush his thoughts away. Why does he blush easily though? It's not like that guy would even see him again.


"Did you saw someone,like, really cute? Did someone cute smiled at you? Oh, hyung! I wanna know~" Seungkwan squeals happily, proceeding to tell his hyung that he met someone from their floor who's from the soccer team while Soonyoung was out.


"Really? What's his name?" Soonyoung tries to change the subject and he was happy enough Seungkwan joined in.


"Oh, Seung...chan?-Ah! Seungcheol hyung! He's nice! He sounds like he's the owner of floor five because of how he treats everyone." Seungkwan laughs reminiscing how Seungcheol had greeted everyone he meets in the hallway.


"Ah, yeah. Seungcheol hyung is like that. He's nice, yeah. You should talk to him sometimes." Soonyoung answers, yawning between his sentence. "Anyway, I'm going back to sleep. Please keep it down with your music and, or, singing,okay?"
He hears Seungkwans eager 'yes,hyung. No problem!' as he melts into his bed.

 

Soonyoung closes his eyes and tries not to imagine someone tall and tan that play soccer like his life depends on it. It's hard to forget someone as handsome as him, but he tries to anyway.