that day

the best of me is you

Mingyu strolls through the campus he's going to be in for the next four to six years. It's still new to his eyes. It's quite big compare to the campus back at his high school. Supposedly, his second class for the day won't be for another hour.

He walk pass the building he was just in and then the school garden. Noticing there were a bunch of people gathered near the soccer field his curiousity lead him to follow it. Mingyu then bumps into someone smaller than him. That's for not looking in where you're going, he tells himself.


"Oh,hey! Mingyu,right?" The person he bumped asks.


Mingyu looks at him trying to remember who he is,"Oh," he points at the guy, "Seungkwan? Right? I didn't know you enrolled here too."


"Yes! And it's nice to know someone from my high school goes here too."

Seungkwan answers happily. When Mingyu was about to ask what Seungkwan's majoring in, someone almost the same height as Seungkwan walks towards them.


"Seungkwan-ssi, here's your new printed schedule. Don't lose it again please." The guy with a too large eye glasses reminds Seungkwan and gives him a piece of blue paper.


Seungkwan's eyes widens as well as his smile and hugs the other, "Oh,thank you, hyung! I wouldn't even survive my first day in college if it wasn't for you!" He thanks the guy with the glasses, who looks like he's being squeezed by Seungkwan's hug.


"Please stop hugging me. My lab coat is crinkling." The eye glasses guy states which made Seungkwan squeal and pull away quickly. Seungkwan tried to brush the lab coat of the other but he tells Seungkwan he shouldn't do that.


Mingyu feels his throat drying from keeping quiet so he decided to cough a little. But Seungkwan noticed him and thought he wanted an introduction.


"Oh, Mingyu-ssi! This is Soonyoung hyung! I'm his new roommate, isn't that great? Also, he's a year older than us. He's the vice president of the-"


"It's alright, Seungkwan." Mingyu cuts Seungkwan's blabbering noticing that the other was beginning to feel uncomfortable. "I think sunbae is getting uncomfortable with it." He smiles at Soonyoung but the older looks down.


Seungkwan breathes a scared oh as he looks at Soonyoung. "I'm sorry hyung! I didn't know-"


"It's fine Seungkwan. I'm kinda late for Physics 2." He bows at Mingyu and waves Seungkwan goodbye before walking fast towards the Science building.

 

Mingyu and Seungkwan follows Soonyoung's figure until they couldn't see it anymore before going back to their conversation.


"Sorry about that. Was I too loud? Soonyoung hyung told me to lessen that...but I guess I couldn't." Seungkwan laughs awkwardly.


Mingyu smiles and waves his hand dismissively, "It's fine, I guess. You've always been that way. But I guess sunbae isn't used to it."


"Oh yeah- you can call him hyung too! He says it's fine."


"Ah, is that so?" Mingyu nods when Seungkwan answers eagerly. "By the way, what's your major?"


"Oh,me? I'm majoring in Theatre. You?"


Mingyu made a sound of approval and nods, "I'm studying Law. Although you know, still gonna play soccer."


"Oh!" Seungkwan points at him in understanding, "That's right! You're a varsity back at our school. That's good! You should continue it!" He smiles at Mingyu before looking at his watch. "Oops. I think we had too much fun talking! I'm gonna be late for my third period! Bye,Mingyu. See you later!"


Mingyu smiles and waves at Seungkwan as the other boy run throught the crowd of people. He sighs, Seungkwan is still the happy kid he was since they were in high school. Mingyu hope he, himself, won't change as well. He's still getting used to everything in here.