that day pt.2

the best of me is you

It's only the first day in this university and Mingyu is already regretting every choice he made. He didn't know the subjects he chose would be this boring. Now he has to deal with it for the rest of the semester. There's no way he could shift because he would probably regret it even more.


What's making him dizzy right now is English 1. He knows very well that he and Seungkwan or even his other batch mates are far from knowing how to speak and understand english. Mingyu has been sitting in his chair for a good one hour and he's doing his best not to fall asleep. He keeps track of the topic and write down important things once in a while but he can't help but let his eyes fall shut.


The bell rings and Mingyu stands up as fast as he could. Remembering that this is not like high school, he peeks at his classmates to see if they're also packing up and to his relief, they are. Mingyu proceeds on packing his books and goes out to go back to his dorm, happy that he just finish a very tiring first day.

 

Mingyu enters the shared room, noticing his roommate isn't there he locks the door before throwing his bag into the bed and changing his clothes to sweater and jogger pants.


He then opens all the lights in the room and sits on his chair, getting ready to do his assignments. "Ah," He sighs when he hears a bang on the door. "I thought you have a spare key?!" Mingyu shouts before opening the door.


"I do have the spare key but you said you'll come home fifteen minutes earlier than me." A pale guy with a low voice says as he enters the room.


"Hyung that's not a good excuse. You nearly break our door!" Mingyu whines, childishly stomping his feet as he walks back to his study table.


"Stop being so weird Kim Mingyu. It's just a door!"


Mingyu pouts but ignores his roommate's nagging and proceeds to opening his laptop.

 


"Oh, that's right!" Mingyu whispers to himself as he saves his first paper and looks at his roommate, who's sitting on his bed with a book at hand. "Wonwoo hyung, your boyfriend's in the science club, right?"


The older looks up from the book he's reading to Mingyu, "What? What do you want from him?" Wonwoo raised his eyebrows in defense.


Mingyu looks at him before laughing and waving the other off, "Relax. I just want to ask him something. About this one person from their club."


"Tell me. I might know who it is." Wonwoo crawls to Mingyu's bed to talk to him closely.


"Eh," Mingyu waves a hand in front of Wonwoo's face in disapproval. "You might not. Call him, will you? I'm just curious." Mingyu looks at Wonwoo with a pleadind looks before pointing at the older's phone.

 


Jisoo enters their room guided by Wonwoo. He looks at Mingyu and smiles before sitting comfortably on his boyfriend's bed. Wonwoo sits beside Jisoo and hug him as a greeting.


"What is it that you wanna ask? You're lucky I finish my paper already." Jisoo asks. Wonwoo then whispers something that made Jisoo smile and look at him lovingly.


"Okay, listen love birds. You're gonna stop that or you want me to sit in the middle of you two?" Mingyu stares at the two of them which made them stop their cuddling. "And Jisoo hyung, do you know anyone named Soonyoung?"


Jisoo narrows his eyes when he hears the name come out of Mingyu's mouth. It made him look back at Mingyu in curiousity, "What? Why? What do you want from my friend?"


"So you know him?"


Jisoo nods quickly, "Yeah, he's my vice president! He's a close friend since middle school, why? Have you met him?" He gestures to Mingyu and the other nods.


"I have and I got curious."


Upon hearing Mingyu's reply, Jisoo and Wonwoo looks at the younger warningly. Jisoo then opens and closes his mouth repeatedly. Mingyu was about to say something in addition but Jisoo gestures him a no sign.


"I'm not sure what you see in him but if you're serious about this, I hope you won't regret it."


Mingyu let the words marinate in his mind before opening his mouth in disagreement. "Hyung, I didn't mean it like that! I mean, I was just curious because he was so shy and I didn't even think he was older than me until this one classmate of mine from high school told me. I'm curious why he can't look at someone face to face. Even Seungkwan is pretty careful around him. And Seungkwan is carefree."


The couple in front of him blinks continuously even after Mingyu's outburst. Jisoo shakes it off and chuckles, "Ah, so that's what's up. Well you see, Soonyoung- he's not...he's really not like that if you're close to him. Everyone thinks like you do but us, we just want to laugh at your description of him. You know, he's just too secured when it comes to people he doesn't know."

 

Mingyu and Jisoo kept talking about Soonyoung for the rest of the hour and Wonwoo seems unamused about it. "Hey, babe! Since Mingyu here wants to get to know Soonyoung, why don't you introduce Mingyu to him? Sounds good? Yeah, I thought so." Wonwoo smiles half heartedly as he looks at Mingyu, who's now in shock hearing Wonwoo's plan.


Jisoo's eyes beams and looks at his boyfriend, "Oh, yeah! Why didn't I think of that?"


Mingyu noticed that their conversation looked fake so he coughs to get their attention, crossing his arms when they look at him. "Stop acting. I know what you're up to."


Jisoo laughs as he listens to the younger's disapproval, "It'll be okay, Mingyu. He's good guy. " Mingyu pouts but decides to give it a try. The couple told him to meet tomorrow inside the science building lobby.