Boys teaming up

Battle Royale interlude: Boys24 edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

27 REMAINING

-flashback-

"Hey hyung, how about we team up? Let's meet up at the bottom of the hill at the other side of the island!" Was it a good idea? It might be a trap... Nah, Jinkyu would never do that, he would rather stay optimistic and try to save everyone, just like me. As one of the older boys, I felt like it was my duty to make sure all of the kids were safe. "Hyung, let's get through this together and be the heroes to everyone!" I looked over at the younger in front of me and saw him smiling brightly. I returned the smile and nodded, but really, seeing his smile was heartbreaking, because soon when the Battle Royale starts, that super bright smile might be gone at any moment. It made me feel very down, but I had to protect him and the others at all costs, and make sure everyone stays alive. I know, with us being all separated, it will be impossible, but at least I could save everyone here... Hopefully. We'll have to find a plan. "I'll see you there, Jinkyu!" I ruffled the other's hair when I got called out to leave, it was time to split up. Honestly? None of them asked to stay with me so I felt really concerned there might be something wrong... The atmosphere was really tense. Especially Hocheol, something was definitely up with Chae Hocheol. Oh dear god... Please let them all be safe...

Doha (W-7) sighed, that last smile he had seen from Jinkyu (X-2) didn't want to get out of his head no matter what. All he saw was the bright and noisy boy, right before he had to leave to the arena. Now he had been waiting at the bottom of the hill for quite a while already, and the other didn't come by yet. Or the sky boy had betrayed him, or he was... No, it can't be, really, Jinkyu couldn't be dead this soon... White's leader didn't want to believe that, he had to stay optimistic, stay... optimistic... He sighed loudly, took his backpack and blowpipe and started to walk around the small hill, which was the highest point of the island. It was a very steep hill, they could climb on top of it, but that would be risking your life, and Doha didn't want to take any risks, since it was his duty to find the others, take care of them and make them feel safe. His tred was desperate and quick, showing that he was in lots and lots of stress. He kept walking around, desperately hoping that Jinkyu would show up as soon as possible, safe and sound. He didn't hear anything yet, so everyone should be fine. That's what Doha was hoping for. While continuing on his path around the hill, he kept praying and praying for everyone to be safe, little did he know that one of his 'kids' was already long gone. The leader kept walking the exact same circle around the hill for another hour, he kinda wanted to give up, but at the same time he would stay there all day to wait for Jinkyu, untill they had to leave the island. He had to stay, for the boy he was waiting for. Right when the vocal wanted to sit down at his previous spot again, he heard rustles in the bushes right in front of him. There was an open space between him and the bushes so the leader had time to prepare, but he didn't want to fight. And he was still hoping it was the boy he was waiting for. Or maybe Youngdoo? He preferred to be alone at that time though, for once. But the endless prayers of Doha had been heard, halfly. Out of the bushes appeared sky boy Jinkyu, but he stumbled... Doha immediately ran towards his ally to help him, and was just in time to catch the younger in his arms. "Hey, hey! Jinkyu! Are you okay?? What took you so long!" the leader yelled in despair and shook the other's shoulders. Then he saw the younger's face and it took his breath.

Jinkyu was unconcious, and blood was streaming down his face.

Doha quickly carried the other to a soft spot of grass at the foot of the mountain as he put his backpack down. The leader was shivering from the stress and his mind was blank. He started reaching for anything that was up close, but then always retreated his hands again, thinking of something else. The leader quickly took his shirt off, took his first bottle of water and wet the cloth before binding it around Jinkyu's head, where the blood was coming out of a cut hidden between his hair. Doha had already spotted where it was, but his priority was waking the younger up, he'll take care of the wound later. His common sense started coming back and the white boy desperately started to tap the other's cheeks, his gentle taps slowly turned into harsh slaps in attempt to wake the other up. "Jinkyu! Hey! P-please wake up! Stay with me! Please!" the leader started to cry as he shook the other's shoulders, "Jinkyuuuu! Don't leave me just yet! You promised to get through this together! Don't break the promise? You can't do that!" Doha had never felt this afraid, afraid that he will lose the one he was planning to depent on for the next days, spend all his time with, and share their last laughs together. The leader was terrified that he had lost the other already, and he felt like he was going crazy as the tears streamed down his face, he could taste them, the salt of the tears, but he didn't care, all he wanted was for Jinkyu to wake up. Doha kept yelling at the unconcious boy, people might come for them, but he didn't think about that, he just couldn't think about other things except Jinkyu at that moment. A hand grabbed his.

"Hyung... Why are you yelling so m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter