Sky... finally??

Battle Royale interlude: Boys24 edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

22 REMAINING

"What am I even doing with my life..." Back on the island of group three, only one participant had died yet. By the hands of this boy. Two still had to die or they would all just be killed. "Should I just commit suicide? Then Yeontae and Yongkwon have more chances to survive..." It was the sky member, Han Hyunuk (X-1), who was having these confusing thoughts. He was wandering around without any purpose, but was always alert, because he had promised that if Jinseok (X-7) called for him that he would come. But the boy was sure that because of his mental state, he'll let his guard down at least once, and that might be his end. "Well... I won't kill myself, but it would be better if the others survived instead of me..." Hyunuk sighed, stopping on his steps while looking around, studying the tropical area. "I don't even deserve to survive..." he chuckled in an ironical way before continuing his way. The low-voiced felt like he was on a hiking tour in some nice area, with predators and preys. "The best fighters are on top of the food chain... The weak kids at the bottom... To kill, or to be killed..." Hyunuk sighed as he arrived at the end of the island, the high cliff at the side away from all the other islands, "We're like animals now... But even more cruel. It's like a bloody version of Law of the jungle..." The boy chuckled, his careful steps bringing him to the edge of the cliff. He sat down, his feet swaying above the depth, enjoying the view of endless ocean and the dark blue night sky. Below him were sharp rocks, there was no way you could survive when you fell down there. The fresh air was really doing something for Hyunuk, he felt like he was completely fine again, no problems and no desire to kill. After meeting the cute little one Jinseok, he had completely calmed down. But the boy still thought that what he did to Haejoon (W-2) was a good thing. "Tch... Why do I feel regret? That boy was definitely going to kill, not only me, but maybe way more people... I needed to do it for all of our safety..." He sighed, taking a cracker from his backpack, eating it slowly while staring at the stars above him. Because there were no lights around, there were like millions of them, and the sky was very clear. It was beautiful. "If this was the last thing I saw before dying? Man, I would actually be glad..." the sky boy nibbled on his cracker. He was hungry, but didn't really want to eat. He was also really sleepy, since it was already deep into the night, maybe somewhere between 11pm and midnight, he thought, but he also didn't want to sleep either. He didn't want to admit it, but Hyunuk was afraid to sleep. Afraid that someone might come for him while he was at his most vulnerable state. "Hyunuk... You're a weird one, aren't you?" he started to mumble to himself, "You want to give your place to other people, yet you're so afraid to die..." the boy chuckled while picking up some small rocks, dropping them in the depth of the cliff. "Wow... This is higher than it looks- I should maybe watch out..." The boy sighed before standing up, stretching his arms, "I really like this spot... I could stay here for hours..." But the boy knew that this wasn't safe at all, but it was just so beautiful, the starry sky and wavy surface of the ocean. He loved it. There was one big problem though. The scenery distracted him, and Hyunuk's predictions were true, he let his guard down.

That was the chance for the boy behind him.

His hands were shivering, as the unknown boy armed his crossbow, ready to shoot straight into Hyunuk's head. "T-this time... I'm not l-letting you escape again-" the boy spoke under his breath, soft enough that the other didn't hear him. He took aim, waited for a few seconds, because he was trembling so hard from the adrenaline rushing through his body, and shot... It was a miss. The arrow barely flew past Hyunuk's head, who noticed immediately and turned around, still on the edge of the cliff. The sky boy gasped before giving the other a strong glare. "So we meet again..."

"Hwang Inho."

The other boy smirked back, "I think it was destiny. Don't you agree, Hyunuk?" The sky boy glanced around his area, where did he leave those grenades... He didn't see them, they must be in his backpack. There was no time for him to look for them, so the boy had to take advantage of the cliff. Inho (W-6) was in such a bad mental state anyway that the chances of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter