I'm not a Princess

The Tale of the Mythological Creatures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joy POV

It’s not a usual day, especially for Joy. She is excited yet nervous at the same time. Today is the first day of her being the royal guardian back after getting suspended by the king. It supposed to be a year of suspension but Sir. Son had told her that it was a special request from the King himself.

After Siwon had told the king about the incident happened at the hospital, he was relief that Wendy had save her but upset at the same time by their carelessness. Even though Siwon had ask for an apology on behalf of Joy and Wendy and the king had accept the apology, but rules are rules. Thus the king had no other choice but to suspended Wendy and Joy as a guardian for a year.

But after Joohyun convince the king to let her best friends to be her guardian, the king had cancel the punishment applies on Joy but not Wendy.

I hope Wendy won’t get upset if she knows about this. Thought Joy.

So here she is getting drag by Joohyun to go here and there around the White Mythological City. Joohyun was so excited that Joy can barely catch a breath to follows her around. As soon as she saw a statue of the King Luhan, she couldn’t help herself as she handed her new phone (that we just bought few hours ago) to Joy as she wanted Joy to take a pictures of her with the statue.

She did so many cute poses until the last pose that had made Joy burst out laugh. She was literally put her pointy finger at The King’s statue nose, like picks his nose while making such an awful yet funny faces.

“Hey you girls! At the King’s statue! How dare you disgrace the King! Come here!.” Suddenly an old man with a weird moustache shouting at them from a far while pointing his finger right at them. Is clearly the sound from his barking shows that he was furious that they can even see the heat steam smoke came out from his both ears and his face turns boiling red.

Thus, made Joy realise that they have been caught doing something illegal, “! Joohyun! We gotta run!”

Joy grab Joohyun left arm and was about to make a run, but instead Joohyun pull her back and calmly said, “Is okay. Relex, I’ve got this.”

Joy mentality jaw drop hearing those words from , “What the are you doing? He is going to-“

Before Joy could finish what she was going to say, a pair of wrinkled hands suddenly grab their hand tightly, “A-haaaa! I’ve caught you! I will take you to the guardian station and lock you girls up for disgracing the King’s statue.”

“Grandpa~ what’s with all the rush to take us there? We don’t mean to create trouble. Let’s settle things here, okay?” said Joohyun smoothly.

“What? Grandpa? What do you think I’m? 70?” he scoffed in frustration, “Do you even know who I am?”

Joohyun simply shrugged her shoulders, “Grandpa with a wired grey moustache?”

Joy couldn’t help but to slap her forehead after listen to Joohyun ‘genius’ replied.

The old man closed his eyes while gritting his teeth inside, trying not to lose his temper, “Well this Grandpa is a chief guardian officer and I will report about your misbehave attitude to your parents.” The old man’s patient had come to an end by forcefully dragging them. There are many people staring at the scene and whispers by the commotion this old man had create.

This is so ing embarrassing!

“A-ajusshi no! we are sorry, p-please. I don’t want to be locked up in jail.” Joy pleaded. But this grandpa is strangely strong because Joy can’t even manage to release her wrist from his grip.

Joohyun was frustrated and humiliated with the negative stare by the public, she finally burst out, “Y-yea! Don’t you know who I am? The King is actually my brot-urrffff.”

The old man turn his head around to see Joy had successfully escape herself from his tight grip and was double surprise to see her clasping Joohyun’s mouth from the back.

“Are you nuts? Did you forgot that you are Bae Joohyun right now and NOT Princess Irene.” Joy frustrated whisper at Joohyun’s ear, informed her that she had almost spill out her own secret.

Joohyun’s eyes opened widely as she didn’t know what came across her mind to almost expose herself at the public. She was this close from terminating her deal with Luhan. Thank god Joy had stopped her at just the right time.

“What are you guys whispering about? If you want to say something, say it at the guardian station.” The old man rushed toward Joy and took her hand again.

Before the old man could continue to drag them again, Joohyun quickly stop him from pulling their hand, “Wa-wa-wa-wait! D-don’t you know who I am?” Joohyun asked.

“No.” the old man answered.

“Did you know my name?”

“No.”

“Did you know where I lived?”

“No.”

“Thank God! Let’s get out of here Joy!” Joohyun grab Joy’s arm and make a run from the angry grandpa

“Hey you girls! Stop right there!”

.

.

.

Baekhyun POV

At the University of White Mythology field.

It’s a bright sunny day, the perfect day to just lie down under a tree to avoid the sunlight flashing over my face.

“Oi, get your up!” Baekhyun just squint open his only left eye to see a cold looking guy interrupting his peaceful time under the shade of his favourite tree.

Baekhyun takes a deep breath, closing back his eye and said, “What do you want Leo. I’m busy.”

“Nothing.” The guy named Leo only shrugs his shoulder, “It just, I feel pissed every time I see you around at the campus. You won’t even last here.” Leo gangsterly chewing his gum while his Vixx followers just stare at Baekhyun with a small smirk curved on their lips.

Oh great. He groaned inside his head.

“My old man will kill me if I get in trouble again. So, just go.”

“Well would that be even greater?”

“I do not need to beat you up. You live your life and I live my life or whatever. So go.”

“I heard that you have been abandoned at the forest by your family before Mr. Byun had found you. Do you know why your mom abandoned you? It is because she was ashamed to have a son with a pair of ugly demon wings. You should be dead when Mr. Byun had found you. So just live like you’re dead. So annoying!” Hyuk was satisfied with his statements as he thought it will get Baekhyun attention and annoyed towards them. But instead it was the opposite way around as Baekhyun remained calm despite their provoking, he calmly plugged his earphones on his ears.

“Are you a fool?! Don’t you hear what he just said?!” Ken angrily shouted that had caught people attention around at them.

“I do but I’m just ignoring you guys.” Baekhyun muttered with eyes still close.

“What is that?” Ravi stares sharply at the sleepy Baekhyun intensely. The Vixx members’ hands itching and tightens their grip, bloods boiling in annoyance by Baekhyun arrogance.

A second before Ravi could smack Baekhyun with his kick, a tall figure had toppled over him, making they thumped towards the ground. Ravi placed his hand at the back of his aching head while the tall figure raised himself up from the ground.

Ken squeal like a girl as he was shock to watch Ravi hopeless lying while groaning on the ground. He kneels down on him and shaking his shoulder, “Hey Ravi, you okay?”

“Don’t touch me your jerk!” He shoves Ken’s hand away and slowly standing up on his two feet while his head is still fuzzy by the impact.

“What the Chanyeol!” Leo narrowed his eyes toward Chanyeol.

“Do not say such words towards Baekhyun! If you wanna fight, then take me on instead!” with one brave shout he challenge the Vixx boys for a rumble.

Chanyeol had experienced a lot of things in his life when he was still a kid. His entire life had been nothing but a complicated disaster. From being homeless to being an orphaned, always get bullied in school until now. For him, life was like a coin that had disaster on one side and waiting for disaster on the other.

But his perception change as soon as he meet Baekhyun. Baekhyun had helped him a lot in all source kind of way. To him, Baekhyun was the only family he had when he had no one else to count on. He was finally living his life and collecting happy memories. Thus, he had promised to himself to help and protect Baekhyun as much as he could because what Baekhyun did to him are nothing to compared of what he had done for him.

“You piece of orphan trash!” Leo grabbed Chanyeol’s shirt collar and yanked him close, glaring at him with his dangerous eyes as Chanyeol’s eyes widened with worry. “If that is what you want. Then…” And with that the sound of heavy punches swings in the air.

The sounds of groaning in pain after punches landing on one’s skin were heard clearly and painfully to the audiences’ ears around them. The Vixx and Chanyeol wrestled with each other as the audience circling them around to see the fight up close. Most of them chant for Vixx to win, I mean who even care the orphan guy to win huh?

Baekhyun pull his earphone away from his ears with a deep sigh, and turn his head to see Chanyeol getting beat up by the Vixx geng instead, “What are you doing?”

Chanyeol was already laying tiredly on the grass, his chest going up and down as he pant heavily in exhaustion. He looked up to see Baekhyun looking down at him, “I’m trying to defend you doofus! But they beat me up already.” Said Chanyeol

“I’m sorry. Instead I will pay you back like this.” without warning Baekhyun swing a heavy punch over Leo’s face, making him stumble backward by the impact.

“I hit you now. Are you satisfied?“ said Baekhyun sarcastically.

Leo wipes the blood at his lip as there were a cut where Baekhyun had punched. He slanted his eyes towards Baekhyun and said, “Stop talking all mighty. Do you think a black wing like you can be seen equal to us? Even if Mr. Byun had adopted you, you are not one of us.” Leo spat those words at Baekhyun face as he walk up closed towards Baekhyun. Their faces were so close as a glaring competition were so intense that could make one of them loose their temper by throwing a punch towards the opponent.

Before that could even happens, a loud familiar voice cried out, walking towards the audiences’ circle, “What do you think you are doing?! Who is fighting?!” all of them were froze in surprise and turned to see who it was while the audiences scattered like a frightened mice when they realise their discipline lecturer walking towards them. The student council were also there to break them apart with a clever Immobulus Spell which freezes them from doing anything.

Thus, they couldn’t do or move anything but to groan, rolling eyes and even stare at each other furiously.

The discipline lecturer walks towards the centre and stand between the frozen Leo and Baekhyun. “Again? You two again? You have got even better at fighting but not at your academic.” The discipline lecturer slightly glanced over his shoulder at the student council and instructed, “Guys, take them to the director’s office now. Mr. Goo would like to have a word with these ‘demons’.”

Right then, the discipline lecturer swiftly left the scene as the students’ councils casually floats the six troublemakers, towards the director’s office.

.

.

.

Wendy POV

At the University of White Mythology’s library

The library is the only quiet place for you can find to avoid yourself from the chaos place out there. Even the hall towards the library is really quite. All you can hear is your footsteps and the ticking sound from the huge clock inside the library.

Wendy was walking over the shelf to find a book until she felt a buzz inside her right pocket and it was her phone that buzzing. She holds the books over her left arm and took out her phone from her pocket. She takes a look at her notification and noticed one of it was a picture massage from Joy.

The feeling of curiosity towards the picture, she ignore her other notification and immediately slide open the massage from Joy. Her eyes widen as a picture of Joy and Joohyun flash on her phone screen with a written massage below the picture

Don’t be jealous~ our bunny had finally got out from a cage!

After reading the massage, Wendy gritted her teeth as she felt betray that they had gone out without her. She was about to reply the massage without realising there was someone had already standing behind her, peaking at her phone.

“Are they your friends?”

Wendy jumped in surprise and turned to see who it was, sighing when she recognized her studymate. “Gosh Sehun! What are you doing sneaking behind my back?”

“I happened to walk passed by and see you giggle all by yourself. So I thought to check up on you to investigate whether you giggle because you insane or not.”

“Has your personality changed? Or I remember you in a wrong way cause I didn’t recall you like to in into some else’s business.”

“I do, except for someone that I care.” Sehun move his face lower and closer towards Wendy with a teasing smile.

Wendy looks at him up and down with no expression on her face, “Stop it, and get your face away from me.”

Sehun could not help but to chuckle at her attitude toward him. Usually girls will faint or got nose bleed if he was up close with them but not for Wendy. Wendy would never treated him more than just a study mate, regardless how famous or what background he had. That is why he was very comfortable being around her.

But the one who had approach Sehun was actually Wendy herself. Wendy may look feminine but she has a strong competitive attitude. Since Sehun was the top student, he had been her target since then. She keeps on bugging Sehun to help her with her studies but Sehun always decline her because he thought Wendy was one of his fans and used the word ‘study’ as to a reason to get close to him.

Despite Wendy strong determination to make him her study mate, she never gives up on approaching him. That is when they had started to know each other more and Sehun had finally accepted her offer to be her study mate. Throughout their friendship, little did he know he had develop some feelings for her but he couldn’t let his feelings for her grew deeper as there was something that had stop him from doing so. Thus, he had no choice but to keep those feelings for himself.

“Come, let’s continue back our date.” Said Sehun while wrapping her shoulders around with his arm.

“Date my . We were just studying together.” Exclaimed Wendy as they both were walking back towards their table.

“Oh come on, what else would you call when a guy and a lady doing something together? Even just studying. When are you going to quit seeing me as your spell tutor? I feel used.” Complain Sehun, faking a sulk by looking away while crossing his arm.

“Yea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter