The Sudden Death

The Tale of the Mythological Creatures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WENDY and JOY phone call

“NO! No way!”

Joy laughs. “Yes way!”

“OMG! I can’t believe it” Wendy’s lips curve a wide grin with excitement filled her eyes.

“I know right! I couldn’t believe it either that we are finally an official guardian!”

“Ahhhhhh! Omg omg this need a toast of a celebration.”

Joy chuckle at her best friend excited voice. But then, the thought of Joohyun have made Joy felt guilty to get all excited when her own best friend was not in a good shape. So Joy clears to get Wendy’s attention back on her who was busy squealing with excitement at the other side of the phone. “But, is it okay for us to celebrate it? I mean Joohyun is still in distress, you know.” asked Joy.

As soon as Wendy heard Joohyun’s name came out from Joy’s mouth, had made her realise that she had forgotten to tell Joy the good news. Thus, she physically slaps her forehead for being such a granny. “Gee~ I forgot to tell you. She is finally got out from that room!” Wendy squeals in excitement again.

“What? Joohyun? She is already got her out from there?”

“Yeahhhh~!” replied Wendy while nodding repeatedly.

Joy huff a sigh of relief and a small smile creeps up on her face. “Well finally. This really needs a celebration! Let me talk to her.”

Wendy turns her head towards Joohyun’s direction while calling her name. “Yea! Joohyun. Jooh- Joohyun?” But then Wendy face turn pale and gulped nervously as she realise that Joohyun were out from her sight.

“! JOOHYUN! Where are you?” shout Wendy as she running towards the graveyard while her eyes were busy searching for Joohyun.

Joy who was still on the line could sense something wrong had happen based from Wendy’s panic voice. “Yea~! Son Seungkwan! What happen?” asked Joy in curiosity.

“She is missing! Joohyun is f-ing missing!” Wendy informs Joy panicking. She didn’t expect that everything is so ed up today. Negative thought running through her head and it keeps repeating continuously.

“Did you leave her alone?”

“I took her to Mr and Mrs Jung grave. She is the one who requested me to bring her here to visit them.”

“Why didn’t you tell me you went out? You know it is dangerous out there. Especially her being alone.” added Joy seriously unlike her usual self.

“I’m sorry, I have got all excited so I thought bringing her here to visit Mr and Mrs Jung won’t have any problem.” Confess Wendy as the feeling of guilt and worry was written on her face

“Well now we have a problem. We need to find her. I don’t want this to be the reason why we might get expelled as the guardian.” Inform Joy, who was still inside the HQ Guardian. She immediately burst her speed out from the building and stretching her white wings as she flew her way to meet Wendy.

“On it!” as soon as Wendy hung up the phone, she immediately spread her wings and flies up to the sky to find Joohyun with her eagle eyes.

.

.

.

The White Mythology Hospital

Baekhyun POV

where the toilet is!? And why is this hospital is so ing cold? Do we live in a north pole to have such coldness? Damn. Arghhh I can’t hold it any longer for god sake. Maybe I should ask the nurse about the direction to the toilet before I ing pee in my pants.

Baekhyun quickly jog towards the nurse counter and try to ask one of the nurses available. “Excuse me, could you please tell me where the toilet is?”

“Toilet? Owhhh it is at..” as soon as the nurse look up to meet Baekhyun’s face, her expressions completely changes, as if they’ve seen a ghost or something far fearful. “I’m sorry, I..I didn’t know.” She stuttered and ran quickly from the counter along the other nurses at the counter without any hesitations.

What’s up with them?

“Whoa…Isn’t that Byun Baekhyun?”

“Baekhyun? The black wing guy?”

“What did he do to her that made her cry?”

“I knew it he is no good. What is he even doing in the hospital?”

“Visiting someone he just beat up probably.”

“Is he looking at us?”

“Let’s get outta here, before he beat the cramp out of us.”

Baekhyun could only sigh at those usual chatters that sound whenever he is. He already got used of hearing that kind of gossip since he was a child. Thus, he had got no time to even get mad at it because we all couldn’t run from judging others.

Without even care about those chatters around him, his eyes wandered every place that he just passed by, trying to find the nearest toilet. Soon after, he finally found the toilet sign not far from where he was standing, he immediately run for his life towards it.

But unfortunately, he didn’t know he was running fast towards the toilet, and as soon as he took the right turn at the corner, a girl was there right at the corner, it was already too late for him to slow his speed.

Umpfff~!

Thus, he accidently bump into her and both of them fell on the ground and with the impact, Baekhyun’s mind and head was slightly going fuzzy. He half-opened his eyes and diverts his eyes over her beautiful face structure which had left him speechless for a moment when he realized something weird about her. Her eyes….

The girl stood up from the ground without saying a word. She briefly looked down at Baekhyun with that expressionless face and simply walks away leaving Baekhyun who was just leapt back onto his feet. Baekhyun tilt his head as he never seen anyone with those white eyes before but at least he could have sworn he had saw her somewhere before.

“But where?” he mumbles.

Baekhyun paint a wonder on his face, watching over her as he was busy trying to recall his memories of seeing that girl before. Suddenly a sense of tingling down at his manhood made him realise the reason why he was running for his life few minutes ago in the first place. Baekhyun couldn’t help but to hold his breath before it burst out.

! My urine is coming!

.

.

.

Inside the male restroom

Minutes passed as the sound of a flushing toilet could be heard and the toilet door slide open revealing a fresh looking Baekhyun after done doing his business. “Fuhhh~! Now that’s what I call a relief.”

He went to the sink to wash his hands using the liquid soup. After that he dry up his hands with a paper towel while just stand there looking at his own reflection at the mirror.

Then, suddenly a smile creep up on his face as the thought of the white eyed girl couldn’t leave his mind.  She is really pretty. The way her long brown wavy hair cover half of her face couldn’t hide her cheery pink lips and her beautiful fair white skin that made Baekhyun grin unknowingly. But the strange girl somehow resemblance of someone he knew.

If only her eyes are not that creepy white, she could have looked a lot like…Joohyun? He thought. Baekhyun’s mind momentarily stop when he realise that the strange girl look exactly like Joohyun.

He clasped his forehead, mentally curse to himself of not noticing that girl was Joohyun. But the last thing he knew about her is that she have a pair of brown hazel eyes and not white. Baekhyun frowned as he got a bad feeling about her. It doesn’t feel right.

Is she with Joy and Wendy? He thought. Baekhyun hurriedly took out his phone from his pocket and dial Joy’s number. After a few beeps, Joy finally pick up her phone.

“Yea! Joy, are you guys with-“ before he could finish his sentence, Joy cut him off, sounded so desperate, “Baekhyun! Baekhyun! You need to help us!”

“Hey, hey, hey calm down. Talk slowly. What happen?” asked Baekhyun as his brows clenched in curiosity.

“There is no time to calm down! Joohyun is missing!” Joy screamed out.

“Missing? B-but I just saw her at the hospital. I thought you guys are with her. That is why I called you.”

“No we are not. But thank god you have found her. Is she with you?” asked Joy.

“Urmmm no. But don’t worry. I will go find her. She won’t be far.” Assurance Baekhyun as he steps out from the toilet.

“Go go go please find her. She can’t be alone. We are on our way to the hospital.” The phone line clicked off without even waiting for Baekhyun response.

Baekhyun cover his face, pulling down his hand from his face desperately. He closed his eyes for a while as he tries to sense her presence but failed. “Where could she possibly be?”

Okay think Baekhyun think! If you are in distress, where could you possibly be at that kind of state?

Baekhyun thought real hard while massaging his temples. He was pacing back and forth in front of the toilet while biting his lips until his footsteps suddenly stop as his eyes grew bigger.

“No. No way. Is she at the rooftop?” asked Baekhyun towards himself making other people that walk passed him look at him weirdly.

“Prfff, no way. She would never try to commit suicide. I think I have watched too many thriller movies that makes me think this way.” Baekhyun chuckle at his silly thought. But his feeling tells him that thought felt so true.

“!”

With no time to waste, Baekhyun ran towards the elevator to catch up on her before he loses her trace. He repeatedly click the elevator button while mumbles, “Come on, open up! it!”

Baekhyun change his intention to use the stairs instead of the elevator. He run as fast as he could but then his way got block by Hongbin who was walking out from Chanyeol’s unit. “Baek? What with all the rush?”

“No time to explain. I need to stop her.” Baekhyun shoved Hongbin out of the way.

“Stop who? Yeaaa! What is that guy mumbling about?” Hongbin mumble and looked at him weirdly.

Baekhyun shuffling up to the rooftop using the stairs quickly. As he reaches at the top floor, he opens the rooftop door, making a loud creaking noise. The cool breeze air welcomes him, he squint his eyes as he roamed around the rooftop. He finally sighing a breath of relief when he finally found her but his heart start to beat crazily as he saw Joohyun standing freely at the edge of the rooftop, back facing him.

“Joohyun! What are you doing?”

Baekhyun headed towards her direction trying to approach her, but instead Joohyun yelled at him without even facing him. “Stay away! Don’t come any closer!”

“Joohyun! No! Come here!” he commanded.

“No! It is too late!” she let out a strong yell.

“Why?” Baekhyun frown at her statement.

Joohyun remains silence as she looks down at the busy road down below from the 20-story hospital building. She slowly closes her eyes as she started to speak softly, “I remember…my…my mom…my dad..I have lost my real family and my adopted family! I don’t have any reason to live because I will bring trouble for people around me.”

“No, Joohyun. You are not.” Baekhyun said softly.

“Yes I’m! Gullveig told me that I’m the reason for their death. She gives back my memories few years ago where I had witness my appa’s death when I was still a child for god sake! I will be happy with them in the other side of the world.” exclaimed Joohyun.

“Who is Gullveig?” Baekhyun muttered. “Whatever it is, what you are doing right now is wrong!.” stern Baekhyun while looking at her like it was unbelievable thing to do from her.

“They are dead because of me! It makes me wonder why I was ever born if my existence is the causes of some else’s death. I guess I was a mistake from the beginning.” She felt tears sting her eyes as in her hypnotized state. Joohyun felt that it was her own fault and perhaps that is why she attempt to die.

Baekhyun didn’t like the sound of Joohyun thought about herself. “Stop it! Nobody’s a mistake!” he pauses then continues, “You weren’t a mistake, Joohyun!”

.

.

.

Wendy’s POV

 

Our white wings were stretching across the moonlight sky, telling us it was night time already. We were scared as we couldn’t find her sooner before the sun set. I can’t even protect her as her real guardian and it was frightful. But thankfully Baekhyun found her first. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter