Her New Family Members

The Tale of the Mythological Creatures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the White Palace

The White Palace is a magnificent modern building with endless walks to reach anything. The moonlight sparkled off the polished cold marbled floors, the rooms were as big as the field. Mile high staircases were barely used as there were elevators reached as far as one could count. Almost everything that is metals were covered by gold.

However, this beautiful palace had always be eerie quiet, regardless how many trusted maids, butlers and guardians around the palace, it had always been quiet.

Except for tonight, as King Luhan couldn’t help himself from pacing back and forth while been eyeing by his queen along with one of the royal guardian named Kim Hyoyeon.

“Why I’ve a bad feeling about this? I’ve told him to bring her here before I’ve comeback from visiting the Jung family. And now I’m here and I didn’t see a single string of her hair right now. Speak up, Hyoyeon!” King Luhan’s voice shaking in anger while glare pointedly at Hyoyeon.

She gulped, almost flinching in place as her voice was shaking in fear, “I’m s-sorry y-your highness. He only t-told me that he will be o-out for a while but d-didn’t mention where he w-went.”

“A while?” he scoffs, “Okay then, how many minutes then? Or should I say hours? A day? It is almost midnight for GOD SAKE!” King Luhan yells out the last two words and went to her, flaming in anger.

“I’ve…I’ve tried to reach him b-but he didn’t answer it.” Said Hyoyeon tremblingly and keeps lowering her head, not even dare to look at the furious King Luhan.

His eyes flames in frustration as he continue to bark, “If there is a single scratch on her face, I will…” Yoona immediately stop Luhan by grabbing his hand while stared at him and said in a calmed tone, “Your highness, please be patient. I’m sure she will be safe as soon as they bring her back. Siwon have been serving for you since you were still young right?”

Luhan didn’t say a word but only nodded in response.

“So you do believe in him, right?” asked Yoona as in a matter of fact.

By just looking at his beautiful wife was the only weakness this strong powerful king had. Immediately his burning blood turns calm as Yoona him towards the sofa and made him sit and massage his stiff shoulder to calm himself up.

Yoona gestured Hyoyeon to leave them alone, and Hyoyeon made a big bow in respect before walking out from the room.

Soon after Hyoyeon was out from their sight, Luhan took his wife’s hand from his shoulder and turn to face her beautiful face, “I’m sorry, my queen. I shouldn’t have let my anger controls me. It…It just that…” Luhan could only sigh without even trying to finish his sentence.

Yoona lifted his head up by lifting up his chin, looking back on his wobbling teary eyes. “I know, I know. Irene is the only family member that you have and you scared of losing her.” Coad Yoona. It was like she could read Luhan’s mind, and she tried to understands his feelings right now.

“She is precious to me, my love. I thought I was the only survival during that massive war. Until Siwon had told me the news about the Jung couple had to hide her at the human world, the only safest place that the demons can’t even find her. I was grateful enough knowing that she is safe even though I couldn’t meet her.” Admitted Luhan.

After listen to her husband’s confession had sunk her heart knowing that not all people be leaving a perfect life, even for a king like him.

“Living in such danger must be hard on both of you, my dear.” Said Yoona.

“Kinda. But now she is 20. It’s about time to bring my precious sister back home so I could take in charge of protecting her from those demons.” Exclaimed Luhan as he stood up and went towards his study table. He swiftly takes a frame from the table and stares at it lovingly.

Yoona stood up from the sofa and wrap Luhan waist from behind with her arms as she sneaks up to look at the frame from his shoulder, “To be honest, she looks exactly like you.”

“So you are saying that I’m beautiful?” asked Luhan while slightly glanced over his shoulder at Yoona.

“Yeah~ and now I’m starting to doubt your gender.” Teased Yoona.

“I knew it I should have grown myself a beard.” they both looked at each other and then laugh it out loud. A moment of silence after laughing so hard, Luhan’s eyes wandering around at his wife’s beauty. Yoona sweetly smiling at him in respond as she softly rubbing his cheek. Just when she tiptoe leaning to kiss him but snapped when a loud knock could be heard at the door.

“Your highness, your highness!!!”

Luhan gritted his teeth as he trying to maintain his posture from frustration. He hated when someone interrupted his moment with Yoona while Yoona gulped feeling a shy tint on her cheek.

“What is it?!” asked Luhan.

“She is here.”

Luhan blink confusedly, “What?”

“Your sister your highness, Princess Irene is back.”

.

.

.

Joohyun’s POV

I walk through the large, double French doors, which have a shiny gold colour. The palace was so quiet until I could even hear my own footstep echoes. I raised my head and gazed at the huge living room inside this palace. I look up to see many beautiful paintings all around the room until my eyes caught on a family portrait picture hanging above the fireplace. I walk closely to have a better look at the picture.

To my surprise, it was my last family portrait before my father, mother and beloved sister died. I couldn’t help but to tear up a bit since I have missed them so much. But then I immediately wipe my tears away, trying not to look grumpy and sad when meeting up with my long lost brother soon. I felt a sudden mixed feelings of excitement and nervous to see my one and only family members that had survived from that war.

While waiting for the king or should I say my oppa to be arrived, Siwon oppa had inform me earlier that my brother had been be thrown as a King of a White Mythological as soon as he reach the age of twenty one. He was the only male to be the royal hire to replace my father’s place.

The last time I had seen him is when I was three years old and now I’m twenty and that makes about seventeen years I haven’t see him. So many things kept running through my mind like I was wondering how he looks like, how will he recognize me, how he has been doing before and so on.

Besides that, I couldn’t imagine myself as a princess. I mean look at this palace, is huge! Even though I have regain some of my memories back, but I couldn’t remember how luxurious my life was before. And the security is a no joke, I mean look at all of this bulky bodyguards. I wonder if I ever get privacy if I stay here with oppa.

So, I went towards Siwon oppa and asked him, “Eerrmmm….excuse me oppa, why are there so many bodyguards around here?”

When he saw me, he immediately bowed at me (which made me feel a bit uncomfortable with this princess treatment) and replied, “They are not called as bodyguards your highness. They are called as the guardians that will protect you and also the other royal family members from harm. The king wanted to double up the security so we had to add more professional guardian into the kingdom.”

“Well they are just the same as bodyguard to me. I’m still not used with this guardian thingy. Especially when you call me as a princess or royal highness. It felt so good to be true.”

“But it is true.” then another male voice had replied for Siwon oppa instead.

I looked back and turn my gazed toward the voice owner and could only blink looking at a guy that looks exactly like me but in a male kind of version.

Without warning, that guy embraces me and the warm feelings from his embrace felt so familiar.

“I’ve miss you so much, Irene.” he then broke the hug and stare at me with those oppa kind of stare.

Seeing her up close made him realize that she was indeed take their mother’s beauty, much prettier than she looked in the photo Yonghwa had sent him before. “I never thought you have grown this beautiful. You look a lot prettier in person.”

However, I didn’t say or replied anything to him as I just stood there blankly trying to guess who he exactly is.

“Don’t you remember me? I’m your oppa. Luhan oppa.”

“Oppa? Lu oppa?” I mutter unbelievingly. This guy is my oppa?! No wonder we look exactly the same. Does he even age because he doesn’t look like a guy at the aged of thirty years old? “I’m sorry, oppa. I didn’t realise it was you. I’m still in a process to regaining my memories back and could only remember your teenage version before we have got separated.”

“Is okay is okay. I understand.” Luhan nods, understand with her condition.

Third person POV

“Ehemmm..” then someone had clear softly yet clear enough to interrupt the LuRene siblings moment. Luhan and Joohyun startled at Yoona’s presence behind Luhan’s back. She rounded her eyes at Luhan as she demands a proper introduction for Joohyun. “Owh btw, I want to introduce you to my wife. Queen Bae Yoona. She is your sister in law.”

“You have already got married? W-when?” Joohyun responded as she rounded her eyes in disbelief.

“Five years ago.” Replied Yoona instead before Luhan could even get the change to answer it for him. Yoona walks gracefully towards Joohyun and welcomes her with a tight hug. “Is finally nice to meet you my dear sister-in-law.”

“Yeah me too.” Joohyun shyly replied as they pull away from the hug.

To be honest, Joohyun can’t help but to feel amaze with Yoona’s beauty. She looked beautiful with her long black hair cascading down her shoulders. Seeing her from a closer distance can clearly see her long eyelashes and her naturally rosy cheeks. And that peach colour dress hugging her well defined s-line body and also showing her long slim legs.

“I’m home.” Then a red hair girl makes a sudden appearance while two maids were following her from behind, making everyone turn their attention towards her. Soon as she realise everyone was there, gathering at the living room makes her realise that they have a guest, “Oppss sorry. Am I interrupting on something?”

Yoona sighed at her one and only sister, since she just got back home at midnight. She felt slight embarrassed with Luhan at her ‘well-behave’ sister.

Yoona didn’t come from a royal family and was once a citizen at the dark red mythology. Luhan and Yoona met each other when Luhan drop by at her bakery shop when he was on a royal business trip with the Dark Red King.

Soon when Luhan lead an eye on her, he knows he had fall in love in the first sight. Yoona didn’t know Luhan came from a royal family when they were dating until she accepted Luhan proposal of marriage with her. She was scared at first of marrying a royal blood line as she felt how can a girl like her marrying someone like him, but Luhan manage to ensure her that loving and marrying someone doesn’t need a standard.

Since she had lost both of her parents, she had to take care of her sister, Im Yerim who suddenly turns wild after their parents’ death. She had severally reprimanded about Yeri’s behaviour but Luhan just simply told her that maybe she is on a stage of teenage rebellion. Luhan was being too understandable as that had made her even more embarrassed towards her sister’s behaviour with Luhan.

“Nope. You came just the right time.” Said Luhan, making Yoona snapped out from her flashback.

Luhan put his arm around Joohyun’s shoulder and bring her closer towards Yeri who just stood there with I-don’t-give-a-damn kind of face. “Yeri this is my sister that I’ve told you before, Bae Irene. And Irene, this is Yoona’s sister, Im Yerim. And she is older a year then you.” Luhan introduces Joohyun.

“Oh my. What a pleasant surprise.” She playfully smirks while twirling her hair before offering a handshake. “Well then, is really nice to meet you, dongsaeng.”

“Ah yes, is really nice to meet you too, Yerim unnie.” Joohyun shyly accepting her handshake while make a bow a little to show some respect.

Yeri immediately pull her hand away and make a fake yawn and said, “Oh look at the time. Will you excuse me, I need to have my beauty sleep since I have an early class tomorrow. Goodnight.”

“Oh~” She stops her trails and glances at Joohyun, “Welcome back to your new family, Princess Irene.” She fake a grin then turn her look at Yoona before rolled her eyes at her and continue to walk away towards her room, following by the two maids before.

Yoona bite her lips as now she was even embarrassed with Joohyun since Yeri didn’t give a great first impression for Joohyun. She then forces smiles on her face and hold Joohyun’s right shoulder to get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter