The Truth

The Tale of the Mythological Creatures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Human World

At Joohyun’s room

Joohyun is standing in front of the mirror in her new outfit that she has bought last week. She barely recognizes herself in that dress as she looks like those rich kids at the club. Joohyun release her hair from her ponytail and flip it so it falls wild and wavy around her fair face, then she reach into her purse, grab her lip tint, and cake it on until her lips are glossy. Joohyun turn and gaze at herself, adjusting the mirror so she can see herself at every angle. 

Just as Joohyun look seductively into the mirror, she heard a knock on the door. So, she immediately fix herself in front of the mirror. As soon as the second knocks could be heard, she come charging to open the door.

“Mom? Dad? Can I help you?”

“Urmmm, can we have a moment?” asked her dad while her mom stands right beside him.

Joohyun hold the door open and smiles. “Oookay then, come in your royal highnesses and make yourself comfortable while your princess is getting ready to the party.” They both entered before went to take a seat on Joohyun’s bed, side by side while Joohyun is back facing them, busy on wearing her earings in front of the mirror.

“What party?” asked the middle aged man and kept staring at his daughter.

Joohyun silently glance at her father over the mirror, “Tiffany’s seonbae party, did you forget?” Joohyun responded confused.

“Is it tonight?” asked her dad to get sure.

“Yeah, I have told you guys didn’t I? So I need to get ready before Wendy and Joy arrive.” Joohyun roll her eyes and shake her head.

“I’m afraid you can’t go Joohyun.” said Mr. Bae. Joohyun turn her head to stare at her father’s eyes and could sense there is something wrong from his eyes.

“It is dangerous outside. Y-you need to stay in your room.” Mrs. Bae had finally spoken after being silent all along.

“What? I thought I have already got your permission. You can’t just take that back like that. I have promised her that I will be there and I don’t break my own promise, so I AM going.” Joohyun raised her eyebrow while stoop up from her make up chair.

“No, you are not. I will personally call your seonbae that you couldn’t make it to her party.” Informed Mr. Bae and was about to call the Hwang family but Joohyun has stopped him to do so.

“What is happening? Why suddenly you aren’t letting me out? Why are you guys treating me like a child again?!” asked Joohyun with a high tone.

“Bae Joohyun! How dare you raise your voice at me! You are not going and that is final!” Mr. Bae makes a stunned voice, looking at his daughter with a furious glare.

“Whoa-What did I ever do to you? Why you kept on shutting me out from going places since I was a kid until now? What are so you afraid of?!” Joohyun tear started falling. Mr. Bae got mute because he was speechless to think of a better word to tell her the truth. The truth of who she really is.

Mr. Bae remembered clearly the scene where this all mess had started. It was about 17 years ago when Joohyun was just three years old, her actual parents, King Yunho and Queen Min Young, were murdered by the Dark Mythological Creatures or frequently called as the Demons that had targeted to kill Joohyun as soon as they heard the news of her being the legendary one that had been mention in the prophecy. One of the demons attempted to kill her, but was unsuccessful when the King had sacrifices himself for her by getting shot by the demon’s fireballs. Mr. Bae who was nearby, witness the scene and immediately stab the demon with his magical sword from the back.

Before the King exhales his last breath, he used his last strength to erase Joohyun’s memories and asked Mr. Bae to take her away from this world. Because of his loyalty towards his King, he had promise the king that he will take care of Joohyun and keep her safe as she is the only one that could save the future destruction.

Mr. Bae had successfully run away from the demons along with his wife to the human world. He and his wife had taken care of Joohyun since then. Although the war between the demons and mythological creatures had end, many lives had been taken away including the King and Queen. Though Joohyun lives in an ordinary world of non-magical people known as Humans, the mythological world exists parallel to the human world, albeit hidden and in secrecy.

Mr. Bae was actually the King’s personal Gurdian. The King, Joohyun’s real father or also known as King Yunho was actually the ruler of the White Mythological Kingdom. He got married by a women who had gaven birth to Joohyun and also his two other children. Joohyun’s mother was known as Queen Min Young. Thus, it means that Joohyun is actually a royal blood mythological creature and her actual name is Princess Irene.

Until know, Joohyun still haven’t discover who she really was. Both Mr. and Mrs. Bae thought it would be safe for her not knowing of what she is capable of to prevent the demons hardly to detect Joohyun presence. If Joohyun remember who she really was, she might waken her inner power which could make the Demons to sense her whereabouts easily. Even though Joohyun is old enough to take care of herself and has the right to know the truth, Mr. and Mrs. Bae just couldn’t miss the precautious in them as the demon will found her sooner or later.

“N-no Joohyun, we just want to protect you.” Mrs. Bae’s voice has broken Mr. Bae from his trance, and looked up to see that she had already gone to Joohyun by holding her hands. Mrs. Bae worried and guilty expression could be seen clearly.

“It has always been like this since I was a kid. I barely have any friends to play with since you guys keep telling me that it is not safe outside. Back then, I understand that I’m still a kid but now I’m not! I’m twenty so I’m old enough to go to the party with or without your permission!” Joohyun shoved her mom away as she stubbornly left them in her room.

“Stop! If you step another foot away from us, I won’t hesitated to take you back to your real family right here right now!” Mr. Bae yelled all his anger out.

Joohyun just stood from where she was while trying to process the words that had come from her father’s own mouth. “W-what did you just said?” Joohyun stuttered as she slowly turns her head to face her parents in confusion.

“I think you better take a sit first Joohyun.” Mrs. Bae chewed her bottom lips as she slowly escorts Joohyun back to her room.

 

 

Mythological World

At the Exorius Pub

Baekhyun was bored as hell while holding a bottle of beer. As he sip the last beer, he start to felt kinda weird drinking a lot like this and keep on groaning and sighing repeatedly. It has been a while for Baekhyun to felt this annoyed and down.

He is not annoyed because some people keep on talking bad about him behind his back, since he is already used to it. He is not feeling down because he is alone at the bar stool, getting drunk by himself since Chanyeol is too busy with his part time work at the human world. It’s just that the things that happen during his class this morning had made him dumbfounded. 

Flashback

It had all started at the first period of class which was always tiring and boring. The sleeping Baekhyun piled up his books high on the table preventing the lecturer from noticing him sleeping in the class. Just then, the teacher cleared his throat loudly enough to wake Baekhyun up from his slumber.

“Okay class, so it’s time for your assignment based on this chapter. As you can read on the assignment paper that I have just pass out, it is an assignment that need to be done by two persons. You and your partner need to submit it to me before end of this month.” As the students heard about the partner assignment, the students started to eye their close friend nearby to signal them to be their partner for the assignment and some of the students have already arguing with each other to make the smartest kid in class to be their partner.

As Baekhyun heard about the assignment, he just continue to put his head on the table, completely giving up on listening to the teacher drone on about it. Even if he wanted to pay attention, he just can’t as he is too tired from the last night training with his father and Chanyeol.

Before Baekhyun could drag himself into the dreamland, he felt a poke at his rib cage and turned to glare at his best friend, Park Chanyeol.

“What?!” Baekhyun hissed.

“You. Me. Partner. Okay?” said Chanyeol while Baekhyun just wave his right hand lazily, “Yeah yeah whatever.” Chanyeol grained widely and continue to look at the lecturer in front who is struggling to get the students attention back at him.

“Now that you guys have completely ignore me, making yourself busy to find a partner for this assignment while I haven’t finished explaining about the assignment, I will be the one to choose to the partner for you.” groans were heard across the room as no one likes assigned partners.

Baekhyun heard a frustrated sigh coming from his left side, and he knew that is Chanyeol. He glances at the tall boy on his left, shaking his head when he saw the devastating state of Chanyeol.

“Chillex will ya.” Baekhyun scoffed.

Chanyeol groan, “How can I ‘chillex’ if Mr. Jung assigned me with someone I’m not comfortable with?”

“Like who?”

“Like Vixx or other punks that love to bully me?”

Baekhyun lay his head back on the table while said, “They are not going to bullied you again after I had kick their asses to save your before.” He smirk proudly at the thought of it before closes his eyes to take a nap. Not taking any interest of whom his partner will be assigned to.

“Just so you know, they still do.”

“They won’t if you stood up for yourself. I can’t always be there to save your from them.”

“Whatever, Mr. Hero of the month.” Chanyeol just roll his eyes in annoyance before turn his interest back to the lecturer.

“Anyways, I will randomly point out the names and then paired you guys into a partner.” and with that, the lecturer began to call names. Chanyeol was hoping to get paired up with Baekhyun but his hope was shattered when Baekhyun’s name got called out to be partner with, “Kim Yerim. You and Baekhyun are partners for this assignment.”

Right away Baekhyun lift his head up as he heard his partner’s name. Chanyeol know that Baekhyun was not happy with this. This is because, Baekhyun didn’t know how to social with opposite gender which made it hard for him to do the assignment along the way. He rather be alone instead of being social with fake people around him, well Chanyeol is exceptional.

“Now you know why I hate assigned partners.” said Chanyeol.

“Park Chanyeol, you will be assigned with Park Sooyoung. But since she is off for her personal duties but will be back till next week, you can submit the assignment one week late then others.”

“Hell yeah~!!” Chanyeol jump from his seat and pat Baekhyun’s back, “Goodluck man!” he just couldn’t hide his excitement to get pair up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter