The Voice

The Tale of the Mythological Creatures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Children of the mythological creature, get their wings when they were born and learn on how to fly before they are able to work. But Baekhyun was not like them. He was born wingless. Mythological creature that can’t fly, don’t live for very long and his body was very weak, so everyone thought that he would be dead very soon. So they abandoned him. They did it because he would be useless to them.

Weaklings are for those who have no chance of survival or being a tool for more powerful ones. Their only choice is to face destruction. People started gossiped around him about his survival of living when his was a teenager and still wingless. A wingless creature like him shouldn’t be alive right now, he should be dead.

His father once said, “If the mythological creature that can’t fly can survive, they can also live happily.”

Although, Mr. Byun is not Baekhyun biological father, he loves Baekhyun like his own biological son. He had adopted Baekhyun when he was four years old. He was the one who had found Baekhyun all torn to shreds in the mountains when he was little. Baekhyun couldn’t remember anything, whether he was an orphan or his biological parents had thrown him away since he was a wingless boy. But he brush that thought away since he didn’t really know exactly what had happen to him before.

Mr.Byun family is among the white mythological creature, the noble family of the noble families. So for him to take in a child, like Baekhyun was easy but the people around them were quite opposed to it. Living with the noble family is not as lucky as it sound. All of them are expecting Baekhyun’s death.

“Look at him still alive!”

“The wingless creature deserves to be bullied.”

“The mythological creature with no wings is disgusting.”

Those are the words that kept on lingering through Baekhyun’s ears every day. Even his peers didn’t want to come near him because he was a wingless, jinxed mythological creature. He never had a friend. Even if he had tried to make one, they just look at him in disgust and walk away.

Years after years of training, Baekhyun had finally grown stronger and gained so many powerful magic that his father had thought. With Baekhyun determination to become strong and powerful had break his own wall, in result he had finally grown himself a pair of strong wings. But then, Baekhyun’s wings are not like any other mythological creatures’ wings. His wings were big and strong unlike any other normal mythological creature. And it is in a dark colour.

However, just having to grow myself a pair of wings had made himself felt satisfied by his own hard work years of training. He was so ready back then, to show them that he had finally become one of them. Thinking that he can live a better life. But then,

“Look! The colour of his wings is so ugly”

“Like a wings of the legendary demon.”

“It stinks!”

“Baekhyun the ugly demon!”

“Demons are strong, moron!”

“Then what should we call him?”

“Baekhyun the ugly duckling?”

“Hahaha lame~ childish, but ducks are weak so it suits him!”

“Why don’t you just die Baekhyun the ugly duck?!”

He was so ing angry. It felt like his hard work were nothing. No matter how strong he had grown, they will keep on looking down on him because he was different.

“You bastard! I didn’t recall doing anything bad towards you guys, but you pathetic baboon just don’t know when to quit! Why don’t you just leave me alone and DIE!!!!!”

.

.

.

BAEKHYUN’S POV

Mythological World (Byun’s House, White Empire)

“Rise and shine, Baekhyun-ah~” I flinch when someone shakes my right shoulder, waking me up from my dream.

As I roll over and open one of my eyes, I briefly catch my father’s face. In an attempt to spare some time, I have taken my comforter and throw it over my face and say, “I’ll be down in a minute.”

And he says, “Arraso. Don’t take it too long.”

When he’s gone, I sat up straight while stare blankly into space before I rub my eyes with my thumbs to force myself up. I roll out of bed and go into my bathroom. Then I look at my own reflection in the mirror.

Another pathetic dream, huh?

I squeeze the toothpaste onto my toothbrush and I just stand there and torture myself by staring at my own scary sleepy reflection while brushing my teeth. And I think,

Get yourself together Baekhyun. Forget about the things that people said about you cause you don’t ing care. Your wings are cool! Just be grateful about it. The baboons are just jealous because you are stronger than them! You are better than them! So what if you’re different? them with their girly looking face. Now stop being such a cry baby. You are already twenty one. You need to get your out there and slap them with your I-don’t-give-a- face because nobody can slay with this kind of wings.

I just stand there while looking at my furious face up close and have a moment of silent until,

“Arghhh!! The am I blabbering about? Everyone hates my wings, so deal with it,” I quickly finish up brushing my teeth, then spit out any excess toothpaste inside my mouth at the sink and rinse it well with some water then went straight to take a shower.

After the minute I have done cleaning myself up, I head straight to my closet and just put on my black slim jeans and match it with black long sleeve casual shirt. I take a quick look at myself in mirror, style my hair a bit and went out from my room while grabbing my backpack as well as my black leather jacket.

When my dad sees me rushing towards the main door, he calmly calling out my name, “Baekhyun-ah, have some breakfast first~!”

So, I stop and run back towards the dining room. I quickly snatch my father’s toast that he has already spread it with strawberry jam and just bite it without asking his permission.

“Hey!”

“Thanks dad, I’m late. Byeeeee~!” I give him a quick bow before I rush back out from the house and wear my shoes quickly.

I was running for my life to my campus along the busy road that have thousands of mature cherry trees standing tall and proud. My legs have stopped automatically when suddenly a rain of cherry blossom pastels showers all over me. I could feel the breeze that leads the pastels sways beautifully on the air. It is a fantastic sight to look at. I am completely mesmerized by its beauty.

“Arghhhh!”  I groan as I have been cut off by some kind of pitchy ringing sound that felt like rupturing my eardrum. I cover my both ears with my hands to endure the annoying sound but then,

You must bring your own light~

Bring your own light to the darkness my dear legendary children ~

Because your journey has just about to begin~

As soon as the voice had vanished, the ringing sound had finally stopped. My heart couldn’t stop beating as twice the fast as my normal beating.

“Bring my own light…” I mumble those words again in confusion. I’m not getting the message but I can get past the voice, even though the pitchy noise was quite loud.

I take a quick look at my watch and groan annoyed, “Arghhh! Damn it.” I immediately spreading my wings widely before flying through the sky, ignoring those baboons’ staring at my wings since I’m already ing late and have got no choice but to fly there.

But then, whose voice is that?

.

.

.

JOOHYUN’S POV

Human World (Bae’s House, Seoul)

I’m standing in front of my closet feeling completely panicked about what I’m going to wear. I can’t exactly just throw my hair into a ponytail and run out the door in cargo pants with a dorky plain old shirt. Now I have to think of the image that will reflect me perfectly.

So finally dressed in my favourite off white jeans shorts along with a pink sweatshirt, and wear a pair of white sneakers. I tied my hair and style it by following the latest trend before I grab my hobo leather bag off my desk and walking down the stairs so my dad can drop me off before he goes to work.

When he sees me, he looks at me up and down while holding the newspaper along with my mom who was totally staring at me as well. And it makes me nervous and self-conscious.

“Should I change?” I ask, dreading their professional critique.

“No, you look cute.” my mom gives me an approval smile.

“Oh really?” I ask, wondering if she is just saying that.

“REALLY.” she answers back that have made me shyly chuckles.

“Do they let the students wear shorts?” my dad asks, in mock dismay.

“Ofcoz. They let us wear whatever we want. This is not high school dad.”

“Well, I’m sure the wild animals (boys) will keep on hunting you down if you keep on showing your legs,” he says, sound protective as usual since he thinks I’m his daddy’s girl and always be even after I have wrinkles on my face.

“I’m almost twenty this year, dad. I can take care of myself.” I reply, as I sit on a dining chair to join them for breakfast.

Like the minute my mom gets up to the kitchen, I pounce beside my dad. “Dad, Tiffany seonbae-nim invited me to her birthday party tomorrow night, but mom didn’t allow me to because she said that wild party won’t do any good for me. But I kind of wanted to go, since it is just a birthday party, not some wild night club party. All of my friends are going and I don’t want to look like a total loser telling them I can’t go. She is the most popular seonbae in my campus. I can’t simply say no to her.”

“Go! Have fun! Don’t miss out your youth time hanging with books and all.” Huh! Kidding! That is what I was hoping he would say actually.

Instead he just smiles and squeezes my shoulder without saying a word. I lifelessly knock my head on the table, trying to think of some other ways to get myself to the party.

So when my mom comes back to the table, my dad looks at her and says,” I told Joohyun to go ahead and hang out with her friends at her seonbae’s birthday party tomorrow night.”

I immediately lift up my head and tried to shoot him with my a pair of sparkle eyes but I have been caught up with the looks of my mom monster’s face as she narrows her eyes into tight, angry slits.

“I figured we could go on a date to entertain ourselves, tomorrow night. What do you say?” he asks my mom, so she looks at him and smiles as he winks at her.

Ewww! Gross! But, whatever. I’m ing going to that party~

After mom stacks the plates and takes them to the kitchen, she comes back helping my dad to wear his coat and fix his tie before giving him a quick peck. “Take good care of Joohyun for me, okay?”

“Always.” He pecks my mom for the last time before went out to the main door.

“Take care, mom.” I give my mom a peck on the cheek while give her a tight hug.

“Arraso arraso. Go, don’t keep your father waiting.” She smiles at me.

“Bye~ loves you.” As I grab my bag and step out from the dining room, I felt a sudden chill that have made me goose bump all over my body.

You must bring your own light~

Bring your own light to the darkness my dear legendary children ~

Because your journey has just about to begin~

I frown as I could hear some sort of whispering voice around the house. So, I turn back to my mom and immediately ask her, “Urmmm mom, did you said something to me just now?”

“Nope. Why?” she simply answers while shaking her head.

But then, whose voice is that?

“I think I heard something, but never mind. I’m going!”

“Be safe, Joohyun-ah!”

As soon as  I stepped out from my house, I was mesmerized by the beauty of the cherry blossom tree, spread like a quilt near my house. “Woahhhh~ Beautiful~”

The warmer season is my favourite where I could stroll along the Hangang River through these majestic trees blossoms. It has been a dream of mine to going on a date during the cherry blossom festival. Unfortunately, I don’t have a ing boyfriend. I’m might just having a date with Joy and Wendy as usual. Boring~

As I was busy daydreaming about silly things, my eyes casually land at the car that has just pulls out from the dri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter