Gullveig

The Tale of the Mythological Creatures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the White Mythological World

Wendy was on her way towards a room, holding up a tray of delicious foods that are still warm from the pan. She holds the tray using her right hand before knocking on the door using her other hand and spoke softly near the door. “Joohyun-ah, are you awake? I have cooked your lunch today. It is your favourite.” But no responds could be heard from the other side of the room.

Wendy sighed as she continued knocking on the door to get Joohyun’s attention towards her. “Hyunnie-ah, open the door. You will get sick if you stubbornly lock yourself up like this.”

Every morning Wendy will usually come and would put forward to cook a meal for Joohyun, even at lunch and dinner. But all the meal will just gone to waste since she didn’t even spare some of her time to at least eat a little. Wendy deeply drowns on her thoughts of Joohyun’s health since it has been a week since she had her last meal.

As Wendy waiting for her to open the door, she huff a sigh while stare deeply down to the bright morning sky on the window beside her. Never would she thought that Joohyun would’ve been in such a situation like this.

“She still doesn’t want to eat, huh?” Joy suddenly appears from her back, interrupt her thought.

“Yeah.” Wendy simply answered  with a sighed before she left the tray of hot ginseng chicken soup with some side dishes of roasted seaweed sheets, egg omelette, rice and kimchi at the front of the door, hoping that maybe just maybe she open the door and eat some.

“I don’t know what we should do to get her out from that room. She didn’t even give us some space to console her.” Pouts Joy while follows Wendy towards the living room.

Wendy didn’t say a word as she just slumped onto the couch lazily. It’s been a while since the three of them had got here. Hiding Joohyun to somewhere they thought could be a safe place for her for a while. Joohyun was really devastated, wasted and wrecked because of the death of Yonghwa and Seohyun. Since the moment she woke up after Baekhyun made her paralyze during that awful night, she had locked herself up. Not wanting to meet anyone including them. She had been unconscious for the whole week and couldn’t be there for the funeral. Jung Yonghwa’s and Jung Seohyun’s funeral.

Yes, the couples’ family name was actually Jung and it was Joohyun’s family name that is Bae. Since they pretend to be her parents, they had to hide their real family’s name from Joohyun to make her believe that they are her real parents. Because Joohyun could only remember her Korean real name instead of her mythological name and that is Bae Joohyun.

Every night, she would be crying by herself in the room. The loss of Mr and Mrs Jung had given Joohyun such a big impact.

Luckily, the three demons had been thrown to the mythological prisons, thanks to Joohyun since she was the one who made them weak after being choked hardly by her. But if Baekhyun didn’t stop her that night, the three demons might end up dead.

The death of Yonghwa and Seohyun was so sudden that the head guardians are having a big meeting. So for the time being, Joy and Wendy were in charge of keeping Joohyun safe for a while. The news about Princess Irene comeback had reached to the demons’ ears. As a result, the palace had been attacked by the demons for quite some time. That is why both Wendy and Joy had to hide her at……

“My house?” Baekhyun look at Joy and Wendy with a disbelieved look. “Could you remind me again why I have to help you guys by keeping her at MY HOUSE?! It has been a week since she used my room as her own room. I need my bed and my privacy.”

“Because she is in a state of danger and don’t be such a baby. And stop being so noisy, your bed is fine.” Joy pointed out.

“That is none of my problem.” Baekhyun scrunch his face.

“And since we had accidently drag you with our problem last night, so you need to help us to keep her safe too.” Wendy added.

“From who? The demons last night? They are in the prison already, so we are keeping her safe from whom now?”

Question after another question thrown by Baekhyun that have made both of the girls biting their own tongue, not wanting to spill the beans out.

“Duhhhh~ from other demon ofcoz.” They both reason out in sync. They couldn’t tell Baekhyun who Joohyun exactly is since it was for safety precaution even though he is the one who help them right now. But still, safety first.

“Seriously, who is she that you guys acted like her guardians or something?” He pause before continue to speak, “And her powers, she had such a weird yet strong powers. I could see the aura around her that night. But the aura was getting weaker and weaker yet she still keeps on forcing herself using the energy she had.”

“So that’s why you knock her off?” Asked Wendy, raised a brow expectantly, waiting for him to answer.

Baekhyun shrugged and replied, “Well I had too. You guys DO KNOW that if we had a weak stamina, we can’t force our powers out or you will end up in coma.”

Wendy felt offended with his statement as she thought Baekhyun was looking down on her. “Who do you think we are? A kindergarten? I’m a top student you know! Of coz I know.”  Wendy scoffed.

“Well talking about being a student, you told us that you are studying at Mythological University, right? Are you a freshman?” asked Joy, wondered.

Baekhyun scoff and rolled his eyes at them. “I’m a second year student which means I’m older then you. So you have to respects me, okay? Respect.” Baekhyun keeps on highlighting the ‘respect’ word.

Joy looked at her best friend, blinked rapidly, and in a sync they open their mouth to say,“Aigoooo seonbae-nim~ thank you for helping us out to keep our dear Joohyun safe.” After that they chuckle after teasing the annoyed looking Baekhyun.

Before Baekhyun could say anything, a sudden honk could be heard outside his house. “Urghh whatever. My friend is here. I’m going to visit Chanyeol at the hospital.” Inform Baekhyun as he grabbed the nearest coat and grab his wallet and shove it inside his pocket.

Before Baekhyun dashed outside with his sneakers in his hand, he glanced back at the two girls and said, “Don’t do weird stuff in my house okay? Call me if something happen to Joohyun.”

Both Joy and Wendy jumped off the couch and make a 90 degree bow at him in respect and said, “Aigoooo kamsahamida oppa~.” They teased again by calling him Oppa this time which made Baekhyun could only roll his eyes playfully at them.

“Send our regards to Chanyeol oppa.” Said Joy.

“Yea yeah~” Baekhyun bid farewell as he waved his hand thenturning his back on them.

Soon after Baekhyun already went ahead outside, leaving the girls with some maids in the house, Joy sudden blurt out, gripping tightly at her best friend’s shoulder to turn her around, “Why don’t we blast the door with flame spell to burn down the door?”

But Joy only receives a soft sighed came out from Wendy while shook her head. “Are you trying to set this house on fire?”

“Well I’m just giving a suggestion.” Joy remarked and then there was a strange glint in her eyes. She then moves closer towards Wendy, sitting next to her and whispers “Does she urmmm I don’t know,” she pauses for a second and then continue, “Gain her memories back?”

Wendy had merely raising her eyebrows at Joy’s statement. What Joy has said might be true and might not. Since she was the legendary princess, the powers won’t fade even she doesn’t even know how to use it. The strong powers are running through her veins. She could even control her powers with just using her mind. But if she gets her memories back, will she be okay? Knowing the darkness had been years hunting her family.

After taking a long deep thought about it, Wendy then leaned back at the couch and turn to look at Joy, “I’m not quite sure about that. But that could possibly happen one day.”

“Whatever it is, we will bring her back home after the palace is completely secure and stable.”

Before Joy could continue the conversation with Wendy, she was cut off when her phone vibrated in her back pocket. She took out her phone from her back pocket and frowned when she had realized that it was a call from Sir Son Siwon, the head Royal Guardian. So she quickly slides the green call button on the screen and pressed her phone to her right ear.

“Hello? Yeah... Ahaaa….. Yeah….. Okay. I’m on my way.” After some simple reply that came out from Joy’s mouth, makes Wendy clueless about Joy’s conversation with the caller. So she immediately asked Joy as soon as she hung up the call.

“What wrong?” asked Wendy

“Your brother wanted to meet me.” replied Joy while pulled her eyes away from the phone screen to look back at Wendy.

“Only you? Why?” Wendy clusters her brows in confusion

Joy frowns a little before answered her, “Is about Joohyun. You stay here and keep an eye on Joohyun okay?”

“Owh okay. Tell me everything about the meet up okay?”

“Don’t worry. I will keep you update.”

“Take care.”

“You too.” As soon as she looked back at her wrist watch, Joy rushes her way out to the front door.

Wendy huff a content breath out, smiling as she close the door shut. As she was proceeding her way towards the kitchen to grab some apple until she heard a female voice calls out her korean name.

“Seungwan?”

So Wendy look back and then gasped in shocked to see the person who call her is none other than, “OMG, Joohyun! You are finally out!  Are you alright? I’m so worry about you!” She beams, happy to see her best friend is out from that room.

“Could you help me with something?” Joohyun looked at Wendy, pursing her lips with a smile.

“Sure, what is it?” Wendy clasps her hands excitedly, before giving her a hug.

.

.

.

The White Mythology Hospital

Chanyeol slightly groan and squints his eyes open as he wake myself up from a slumber. Until he saw a lady standing beside him which made him prompts to sit upright.

The lady lifted her head up and a smile welcomes him that had made Chanyeol realise that she is the nurse who was in charge of taking care of him. Since day one, Chanyeol had a big crush towards the beautiful nurse but couldn’t find the right time to confess his feelings for her. And her name is Sunny.

“Oh~ I’m sorry if I wake you up Mr. Park.” Sunny apologise while handling a try of cooked food, a glass of water and a medicine. She placed the tray on the free-table beside the bed.

“Ah..yes is okay. I was just about to wake up.” Chanyeol smiles cheekily at Sunny while rubbing his nape.

“I’m just going to check up on your condition.” She pauses, “and it seems like you are recovering quite fast.” The nurse smile at Chanyeol while checking his condition and write his condition update in the report.

“Yeah~ drink a lot of milk to have this healthy bone.” Chanyeol couldn’t stop grinning from ear to ear having such a graceful nurse with him.

“Do you feel any pain in your body? Because you have injured quite a lot.” Asked Sunny but Chanyeol just shook his head while the nurse helping him to sit upright.

With a white band around his head and some bruises still evident on Chanyeol face, didn’t stop Chanyeol to give such a creepy smile at her which had made her chuckles lightly with his silly face. Chanyeol his lips as he finds it was the right time to confess his feelings for her. There are just the two of them in the room. His sweat could show how nervous he is right now. He gathers up all his courage and as he was about to open up his mouth…..

“Chanyeol-ahh!” called Hongbin, barging into the room with Baekhyun. “We are back~!”

Speaking of the Devil~

One is holding a bag of fruits and another one is holding a bouquet of flowers, making a loud commotion inside the hospital while walking towards Chanyeol closely.

“You should be taking care of yourself seriously dude instead of flirting with a nurse.” stern Baekhyun while replace the wilted flowers with a new fresh flowers. Chanyeol groan frustrated when his two best friends interrupt his chances to confess his feelings for her.

Hongbin was about to walk towards Chanyeol when suddenly the nurse blocks his way while shyly said, “I-I always notice that you come by often to visit Mr. Park. He is sure lucky to have such a good friend like you.”

Hongbin raised his eyebrows and the corner of his lips lifting at the slight compliment the pretty girl had just made. “Hahaha you make me feel special. I’m moved, even he isn’t the one who say that.”

“I’m sure he felt that way.”

Chanyeol couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Seeing his crush trying to flirt with his friend, made him couldn’t help himself but to roll his eyes while looking at the nurse getting snatch by Hongbin handsomeness.

“What did you got there in that plastic bag?” asked the nurse.

“You mean this bag? It’s a banana.”

 “Is that banana for him? It is good for Mr. Park to keep his bones healthy.”

“Urmmm I don’t think so.  This banana is for you since you look so appealin-ouchhh” Hongbin groan as his brows clenched in confusion when Chanyeol throw a half emptied bottle at his head. “Urgghhh! Yeah! What was that for?”

“Stop with your cramp pick-up line and give me that banana. Like she said, I need a strong bone to keep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter