Minseok VS. Chen

Surreptitious

The sun was about to set and Baekhyun and Chen were still in the village. "You're gonna stay here?" Baekhyun asked. "Yeah. There's a house where those who lost their parents can stay." Chen told him. "I know. I saw it." Baekhyun told him. "Really?" Chen asked. "When we were looking for you, Kris took me there." Baekhyun said. "Oh." Chen said. "There's a lot of kids. I imagine it takes forever to clean up after them." Baekhyun said. "Yeah, probably." Chen said in an annoyed voice. "What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked. "Well, I'm gonna be one of the oldest people there. Meaning, they'll expect me to help out. That's not a problem, but I'm not good with kids." Chen said. "It's not that hard." Baekhyun told him. "Maybe, but I haven't seen a kid since I was a kid." Chen said. "Oh yeah, you ran away when you were 10, right? That's pretty young." Baekhyun noticed. "How did you know that?" Chen asked him. "Choa said it." Baekhyun let him know. "Who?" Chen asked. "She was at that house." Baekhyun told him. "How does she know?" Chen asked. "I don't know. She seemed older than us." Baekhyun said. "That's probably why." Chen said.

 

They made it to the house. When they went inside, it was a mess again. "Time for bed."  They saw someone say. Neither of them recognized her. "No. I want to colour." A little girl said. "You can colour tomorrow. It's getting late." The older one tried again. "If you let me stay up, I'll colour a picture for you." The little girl told her. The older one sighed and got up before noticing them at the door. "Oh, hi." She said. "Hi. I'm Chen." He told her. "Oh, yeah. The Queen told us you were coming here. My name is Solar." She walked over to them and they shook hands. "This is Baekhyun." Chen told her. "Hi, Baekhyun. You're not from the village, are you?" She asked and he shook his head. "Don't worry about it." Chen told her. "Okay. You want me to show you your room?" She asked. "Yes, please." She took them upstairs and into one of the rooms. "It's not very big, but I don't expect you to spend all your time in here, so it's fine right?" She asked. "Yeah. It's just a place to sleep." He said. "Right." She said before leaving the room. They heard her yell for someone to follow her before going back downstairs. "This is pretty nice." Baekhyun said. "What do you mean?" Chen asked, going over to sit on his bed. "Well, a house with a lot of people yet you still get your own room? And she said it's not that big, but it's pretty average sized." Baekhyun said. "Really? This is average?" Chen asked. "How rich are you villagers?" Baekhyun joked. "Anyway, now that I know where I'm sleeping, want me to take you home?" Chen asked him. "So you can walk back here by yourself? I'll go by myself." Baekhyun said. "Who says you can walk by yourself? I can take care of myself." Chen told him. "So can I." Baekhyun told him. "Not as much as me." Chen told him. "Perhaps not, but as much as I need to get from here to my house." Baekhyun said. "You just admit I can take care of myself more than you can." Chen pointed out. "So?" Baekhyun asked. Chen grabbed his hand and led him out. Baekhyun sighed.

 

Once downstairs, they saw Solar and Choa trying to get the kids to sleep. "Please help us." Choa said. "What are we supposed to do?" Chen asked. "Persuade them into sleeping." Solar said. Baekhyun walked up to one of the kids and wordlessly aided him in building his Lego house. They all stared at him wondering what was going through his mind. The little boy didn't say anything and continued building his house as if Baekhyun was supposed to be there. "What's your name?" Baekhyun asked him, while helping him. "Jesper." The boy answered. "How old are you?" Baekhyun asked. "5 years old." He told him. "This is a nice house. You must have spent a lot of time on it." Baekhyun told him and the boy nodded. "You should take a break." Baekhyun told him. "I want to finish the roof first." Jesper said and Baekhyun continued to help him. They quickly finished and Jesper got up. He looked at solar. "Go change into your pajamas." She told him. He walked over to the hall where his room was to do as told. "That's your plan? Become their friend so they listen to you?" Solar asked him. Baekhyun nodded. "Yeah." He told her. "Whatever. Jesper's easy. Lauren's the tricky one." She told him. He went over to the little girl who was still colouring. “Hi, Lauren!” He greeted her while sitting next to her. "I'm not easy." She deadpanned. "Uh, of course you're not. What are you doing?" He asked her. "Are you blind? I'm colouring." She told him boldly. "Lauren." Choa sighed. "What? It's obvious, isn't it?" She asked. "You're good at drawing." Baekhyun told her. "I know." She said. "You do?" Baekhyun said. "Yeah. My mom always told me that when I used to draw for her." She told him. "What else are you good at?" Baekhyun asked her. "Everything! Dancing, singing, cooking..." She told him. "Even cooking?" He asked. "Yeah, I used to help my mom cook too." She told him. "How old are you?" He asked. "8 years old." She answered. "Wow, 8 years old and all that talent?" He asked in exaggerated surprise. "I'm special." She told him. "Yeah, you are." He said, making her  smile. "Do you want me to draw a picture for you?" She asked. "Well, I'm going to leave soon. How about tomorrow?" He said and she agreed. "Do you like this drawing?" She asked him. "It's the best drawing I've ever seen." He told her. "Really? I'll make yours better." She told him. "Okay, how about you dream about what it is?" He suggested. "I already know what I'm going to draw." She told him. "Well, like I said, I'm going home now to sleep. You should sleep too." He told her. "Okay." She agreed and went to her room. "That took forever." Chen told him. "It worked, didn't it?" Baekhyun said. "Thanks. We're going to bed." Solar said before she and Choa went upstairs. "Okay, let's go." Chen said and they left.

 

While walking in the village someone stopped them. "Minseok?" Chen said. "Yeah." The boy said. "You're Baekhyun?" He asked and Baekhyun nodded. "Take me to wherever you guys are going." He told them. "We're going to my house." Baekhyun told him. "Oh." He said. "Why?" Chen asked him. "I'm looking for Luhan. I know he's staying at Chanyeol's house." He told them. "We can take you to Chanyeol's house." Chen told him.

 

When they made it to Chanyeol's house, Kyungsoo opened the door and let them in. "Hey, Minseok." Kyungsoo greeted him. "Where's Luhan?" He asked. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, too used to his behavior. "Luhan!" He called him. A few seconds later, Luhan came from the kitchen. "Oh, hey buddy!" Luhan greeted Minseok casually. "What have you been doing?" He asked him. "What do you mean?" Luhan asked. "Why did you stop talking to me?" He asked. "You stopped talking to me." Luhan told him. "What are you talking about? You said you wanted to visit Chanyeol but you never returned." Minseok told him. "I went back to the village a week after but you ignored me." Luhan told him. "I never ignored you!" Minseok said. Baekhyun and Chen slowly sneaked away to let them argue. They went into the kitchen where Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were. "How are you?" Chanyeol asked him. "I'm fine." Baekhyun said. "I mean your burns?" Chanyeol told him. "Oh, yeah. Someone healed me, it was awesome." Baekhyun said. "Are you hungry?" Kyungsoo asked them. The food was still on the table so, they decided to sit and eat. Luhan and Minseok came in. "Thanks for bringing him back!" Luhan told them. "I thought you guys were arguing?" Chen said. "No, we were talking." Luhan told him. Baekhyun looked at the time on his phone. "It's getting late. I should go home." He said. "You can stay here." Chanyeol told him. "Really?" He asked and Chanyeol nodded. "Can Jongdae stay too?" When Baekhyun asked that, Chen looked at him angrily. "Sure." Chanyeol said, surprising Chen. "What? Why?" He asked. "What do you mean why?" Chanyeol asked. "I-I'm still mad at you..." Chen said. "That's okay." Chanyeol told him. "Y-you don't care?" Chen asked and Chanyeol shook his head. "Why not?!" Chen asked him. Chanyeol shrugged. "I can't do anything to make you forgive me, right?" Chen stayed quiet at that, unsure how to answer. "Thanks..." He said awkwardly, making Chanyeol smile. "Oh my god! You guys are so dramatic!" Minseok complained. "They have reason to be. They were in a fight earlier." Luhan told him. "It doesn't look like it." Minseok said.

 

The next day, they were at school. "Did Minseok go to school here?" Baekhyun asked since Minseok was there too. "No, he's just skipping so we can spend more time together." Luhan told him. "Is that okay?" Baekhyun asked. "Don't worry about it. He's an okay student." Luhan said. Later, Sehun and Kai came. "Ugh, another one?" Kai complained as he saw Minseok. "Watch your mouth." Minseok warned him. Kai rolled his eyes. "Hi, it's nice to meet you!" Sehun greeted him. "Who is this?" Minseok asked Luhan. "Sehunnie's my friend." Luhan told him. "Oh, I see. You replaced me with him." He said. "You're still on that?" Luhan complained. "Oh no. Don't worry, we're not even that close." Sehun assured him. "We're not?" Luhan asked. "Uh, well..." Sehun started. "I see everything." Minseok said. "There's nothing to see. We're just friends. Really." Luhan tried to convince him but he just shrugged. "Who's the dramatic one?" Chanyeol reminded him. "This isn't the same. You were way more dramatic." Minseok told him. "What are you talking about?" Sehun wondered. "Just some argument they had." Luhan told him. "Don't tell me he's your friend too?" Kai asked Baekhyun. "I just met him yesterday." Baekhyun told him. "You probably won't get close to him at all." Kyungsoo told him. "Why not?" Baekhyun asked. "It's difficult to get along with someone like him. He doesn't even like me or Chanyeol." Kyungsoo told him. "Really? He's only close with Luhan?" Baekhyun asked. "Yeah. Don't know why." Kyungsoo said. "He's a jerk, that's why." Chen said. "Do you have something against him?" Baekhyun wondered. "Yeah. A lot of people do." He said. "Come on, you know you get extremely dramatic when things don't go your way." Chanyeol told him. "Do you know you're always dramatic?" Minseok said. "Just stop this. This is getting annoying." Luhan told them.

 

During lunch, they were all sitting together, most of them were not happy. "What's up with him?" Baekhyun asked Luhan about Minseok. "He's upset because he couldn't come in class with me and had to spend class time doing nothing." Luhan explained. "You should have seen that coming." Baekhyun told him. "Shut up." Minseok told him. "Maybe you shouldn't talk to him." Chanyeol advised Baekhyun. "I don't like him, Baekhyun." Kai told him. "It's nothing, you guys." Baekhyun assured them. "Oh, he's fine. I don't see why you don't like him." Sehun said. "He told Baekhyun to shut up." Kai told him. "Other than that, I don't see why you don't like him." Sehun said and Kai rolled his eyes. "Why do you hang out with these people? Come back to the village." Minseok told Luhan. "I like them. I don't want to." Luhan told him. "What's wrong with the village?" Minseok asked. "Absolutely nothing. I just want to stay here." Luhan told him. "I don't." Minseok said. "Then don't. We can still see each other. I'll come by the village every day?" Luhan told him. "Not good." Minseok complained. "Clingy." Chen slipped out with a smirk. "I'll kill you. I'll really do it." Minseok warned him. "Try your best." Chen said before running away and Minseok ran after him. Luhan sighed. "Hate it when they do that." He complained. "They did this before?" Baekhyun asked. "Well, not Chen. A lot of people try their luck on Minseok and it only goes horribly for them." Luhan told him. "But Jongdae said they didn't like each other." Baekhyun said. "Yeah. Chen's never provoked him before. This is a first." Luhan told him. After a while, some boys ran in yelling "there's a storm outside!" Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and Luhan looked at each other, knowing exactly what's going on. "A storm? Really? Today was supposed to be sunny." Sehun said. "Is it...?" Baekhyun asked Chanyeol, who nodded. "We're going to go check this out." Kyungsoo said and the three of them got up. "Can we come?" Sehun asked. "It's too dangerous." Luhan told him. "Isn't it dangerous for you too?" Kai questioned. "Don't worry about us!" Kyungsoo said before they left.

 

When lunch finished, they hadn't returned yet but Baekhyun, Sehun and Kai had to go back to class anyway. After Sehun and Kai went into their class, instead of going upstairs, Baekhyun went outside. He went to the back of the school where they all were. Luhan was standing next to Minseok while Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were next to Chen. While walking over, Baekhyun noticed it was unusually cold. "What happened?" Baekhyun asked. "These idiots fought each other with their powers." Kyungsoo told him. "Those kids saw it." Baekhyun said. "Yeah. Luckily they don't know it was them though." Chanyeol said. "He started it, I was going to end him with my bare hands. He decided to hit me with lightning." Minseok accused him. "Because I was really going to let you kill me?" Chen said. "You should have." Minseok said. "Come on, Minseok. Let it go." Luhan told him. "No." Minseok said. "You're not actually going to kill him." Luhan told him. "Of course not. I'm not an idiot. I'm not like Chen." When Minseok said that, Chen charged at him with a fist full of lightning. After the punch, Minseok's hand froze up and he used it to attack Chen like it was a knife. "How many times do we have to separate you?" Chanyeol said, grabbing Chen's hands. "You, watch your mouth." Luhan told Minseok. "You know you can't restrain me." Chen told Chanyeol. "I can try." He said. "Take back what you said!" Chen told Minseok. "I don't want to." He stuck his tongue out. Chen forced himself out of Chanyeol's grip and went to attack him again. "Jongdae!" Baekhyun yelled. "Shut up, Baekhyun! I'm trying to persuade Minseok!" Chen told him, in the middle of their fight. "That's not persuading." Baekhyun said. "He won't listen to me otherwise." He said. Baekhyun has had enough of the fighting. "Jongdae...if you don't stop fighting, I'll never forgive you." Baekhyun told him. At that, Chen contemplated stopping, but he needs Minseok to take back what he said. "I'll stop if Minseok apologizes." Chen told him. "No way!" Minseok said. "Sorry, Baekhyun." Chen said. Baekhyun nodded before leaving. After a while, Kyungsoo, Luhan and Chanyeol were sitting. The fight was going on forever. "You know, someone can be looking out one of those windows." Luhan said and Chanyeol and Kyungsoo agreed. "Aren't you guys getting tired?" Chanyeol asked them. "I won't rest until I'm assured Minseok has apologized." Chen told them. "I'll continue to fight until you admit defeat." Minseok told him. "I'll admit defeat if you apologize." Chen told him. "Idiot. If I apologize, then I would lose." Minseok told him.

 

After a few hours, they heard the bell ring and simultaneously stopped. "We can't fight here anymore students will see us." Minseok said. "Follow me. I know somewhere no one will see." Chen told him and they walked away. "Great. We'll be at home!" Chanyeol told them before they decided to leave. When they were at the front of the school, they saw Baekhyun and his friends. "Hey, Baek. We're going home. Wanna come?" Chanyeol asked him. "Sure. You guys don't mind, right?" Baekhyun asked his friends. "This isn't the first time you go." Kai told him. "Have fun." Sehun said.

 

"So, are you really upset with Chen?" Chanyeol asked him. "Kind of. I mean, him fighting isn't a big deal. But, when I told him I'll never forgive him, he accepted it. That's why I'm upset." Baekhyun told him. "He was really passionate about making Minseok apologize. They're still not done fighting. I wonder what it is that Minseok said that triggered him so much." Luhan told him. "They're still fighting? Why won't Minseok apologize?" Baekhyun asked. "It's not his style." Luhan shrugged.

 

A few hours later, Chen and Minseok came in. "What happened?" Chanyeol asked. "Who gave in first?" Luhan asked. "We both did." Chen said. "What?" Baekhyun asked. "Well, not really. We just got tired of fighting and we got hungry. So, I told him, we can continue after we eat and he said he doesn't want to spend the rest of his life fighting me. So, I insisted he takes back what he said and I'll never start a fight with him again and he agreed." Chen explained. "Just to be clear, I agreed on the no more fighting part, not the apologizing part." Minseok told them. "He totally apologized." Chen told them. "Hey, what did we agree on?" Minseok reminded him. "I'll go reheat the food." Kyungsoo told them. Minseok sat next to Luhan and Chen went to sit next to Baekhyun. "So...what's Minseok's power?" Baekhyun asked out of nowhere. "You didn't notice it?" Luhan asked. "It's frost." Chanyeol told him. "Oh cool. That explains the thing I saw with his hand." Baekhyun said. "What did you see?" Luhan asked. "His hand turned into an icicle. Kind of." Baekhyun said. Minseok froze up his hand. "Like this?" He asked. "Yeah. That's so cool. Doesn't it hurt?" He asked. "Don't feel a thing." He told him. "Isn't your power similar to Chanyeol's?" Baekhyun asked. "What do you mean? How is ice and fire anything alike?" Chanyeol asked. "I mean. Is his body cold?" Baekhyun clarified. "If you touch me, I'll feel like I was out during winter without a jacket on." Minseok told him. "So it's the same." Baekhyun concluded. "Not really. You'll seriously burn if you touch me for too long." Chanyeol told him. "But I'm just really cold. I won't harm you." Minseok said. "So, what does it mean?" Baekhyun asked. "It means he can control his body temperature more than I can. That's how he freezes up his hand." Chanyeol explained. "You can't do that?" Baekhyun asked. "I can't turn my hand into fire but I can emit small flames." Chanyeol told him. "So, he's better than you?" Baekhyun asked, half jokingly. "In a way, yes." Chanyeol said. "More like, in every way." Minseok corrected him.

 

Later, Baekhyun was alone in the living room. Most of them were upstairs except like two in the kitchen. Chen came in and sat next to him. "You're not really mad, right?" He asked. "What do you think?" Baekhyun asked. "Well, it seems like you are. I didn't think you really meant it." Chen told him. "Why didn't you stop fighting him?" Baekhyun asked. "I needed to make him apologize." Chen told him. "For what?" Baekhyun asked. "For what he said." Chen told him. "What did he say?" Baekhyun asked. "He said something...about me..." Chen told him. "What, Jongdae? What did he say?" Baekhyun asked him. Chen stayed quiet. "You’re not going to tell me?" Baekhyun asked. "I can't say it." Chen told him. "Why not? Just repeat what he said." Baekhyun told him. "You won't understand." Chen said. "Then just tell me what he meant." Baekhyun said. "I don't want to." Chen said. "Then, I can't understand you." Baekhyun told him. "Please, Baekhyun. You should know I'm not big on fighting." Chen told him. "Exactly. Which is why I don't understand why you would fight him. What did he say? Help me understand you." Baekhyun told him. "I killed my dad." He blurted out. "What?" Baekhyun asked incredulously. Chen had started crying. "Please, understand. I didn't want to. It just happened. I was a kid and I couldn't control my power." Chen explained. "Jongdae..." Baekhyun tried to say but he interrupted him. "That's why my mom gave me up and that's why I ran away. Do you get it?" Chen told him, tears falling down his face nonstop. "I hate Minseok because somehow he knew and he used to tease me about it when we were younger." Chen told him. "Do you understand why I got so mad?" Chen kept going and going until Baekhyun finally hugged him. "I get it, Jongdae. You can stop now." Baekhyun told him. "I'm sorry, Baekhyun." Chen apologized. "Why are you apologizing?" Baekhyun asked. "Please forgive me." Chen told him. "I'm no longer upset." Baekhyun told him. "Actually, I'm the one sorry for you. I understand everything now. I just feel bad that you had to go through all that." Baekhyun told him.