Who are you?

Turning Point

It was silence that filled the whole room. Kim Jongdae turned around to see no one. There's no warm grasp on his hand and no one waited for him. No one... was there. Even though the whole setting was the same, it felt exactly different. The exact same room feels distinctly empty.

He did a quick scan of the scene but still had no clue where he was.

The room was well furnished, perfect for a loving couple of newly weds. He guessed it must be his room, somewhere in his house... and he must be a married man.

Seconds away, the door knob turned, and a small, petite figure stepped in without realizing his new state of consciousness. He sat there quietly, and watched her changing the flower in the vase. When she finally turned around and saw him sitting straight on the bed - no longer lying as stiff as a log, she dashed to him, overwhelmed in tremendous joy.

"Who... are you?"

Jongdae's question was the end of her happiness; the words were like a boulder crashing her fragile heart into pieces. Scattered, nowhere to be found. Her delighted expression turned gloomy in a matter of seconds.

Her answer went up to , and stopped there. Her tongue was tied and she was unsure herself. It was not her standing to answer what she was to him. It just doesn't feel right.

She turned her back in a matter of a moment and walked away without a word. As he watched the door closing the door behind her, he felt like something was taken away from him.

His gaze ended up on the big frame on the wall next to the door; it is him, and her, in white, matching suits. The wedding photo is perfect, except for the fact that something was obviously absent; soul and happiness.

"I hope... It was real"

The words of the voice echoed in his ears, as vivid as a real event.
What was it that happened? What was not real? He was desperate to know, to understand, so he forced his mind as if he was squeezing out the last bit of memory from the back of his mind.

There came the stinging pain again, he felt enormous pressure acting on him, from all directions. His head started to ache badly he thought it could blow up. Sweat started to cover him all over, and he fell down from his bed. The pain was way worse than the preceding. He fell down on his knee, both hands up on his head as he tried to lessen the impact, but nothing seems to work.

In the midst of the pain, his sight became confusing; he can't concentrate with his memory kept playing flashes of scenes stored at the back of his mind. It was like he was watching a movie  which he knew nothing about - except for the fact that the main character was no other than HIMSELF.

***