The voice

Turning Point

Kim Jong Dae felt as light as a feather, as if he was floating in the air. It was dark, but it was undeniably soothing. The darkness was to the point that he could not see even himself, but that was the time he felt the least burdened than he had ever been in the whole 24 years of his life.

Eventhough he was unable to move, just lying there, still and cold, but everything seemed fine, nothing seemed matters. Because when the time comes, the voice would be there. 

Always told him things, laughing, washing away all the worries he had in his world. Though he couldn't answer the voice, he felt contented. Sometimes the voice would cry, but in the end, it would say the same line; to sleep as much as he wanted, to his heart content, and to rise and shine later, safe and sound. And it would always be there, waiting for that moment.

Silly as it seems, he wanted to meet the owner of that voice. The urge was piling every second he waited for the voice, and every time it was talking to him, the urge shot up even more. It was not double, nor triple or quadruple, it was way more. He could not even describe how much, but he could exhange everything to meet the voice. The voice that had been accompanying him in his sleep ever since.

 

That day, he decided to stop resting, finally determined to wake up from that long slumber. Little by little, Jongdae fought to open his eyes. Streaks of light from the other side of his eyelids hurt his eyes, he thought he was blinded. He flinched for a while, letting his eyes to cope to its new surroundings.

Staring blankly at the white ceiling, unable to recall anything as to how and why he ended up here. More precisely, he couldn't even recognize his surroundings. It was light peach, with a white ceiling - there was no sound to be heard anywhere.

"Just where is this?" Jongdae asked himself. He sat up to have a clearer view of his ambience, that was when he realized something warm was placed on his right hand.

He gazed down to his side, to see a woman sat there, just beside the bed, with her head rested on her arms, sound asleep. In her grasps was his right hand, which she held onto as if it was the most precious treasure she could ever find in the world. Her sleeping face was stress free, soft and motherly. He could feel her warmth from the touch, but then the harsh reality hit him hard.

He couldn't recall anything, not the room, neither the woman nor his own name. A stinging feeling struck his head, and his chest become excruciatingly painful as he felt it shrinking progressively.

Before he could grasp for another sip of breath, the surrounding went black again. He passed out yet another time, but somehow he managed to pull his hand off the woman just in time. There he was again, pitch black and cold. This time he could move, he took small steps and carry on walking. He could not even see himself in the darkness, let alone to know his way. Despite not knowing what was he stepping on, or what danger could be waiting ahead, he kept striding cluelessly, aimlessly.

"Do you want to hear a story?"

He froze in his position. It was that voice again. The voice that had made him wanted to break through this darkness. He turned around in the hope of some streaks of light, but the truth is always harsh. There was nothing.

"It feels like a dream come true,"

This time, the voice sounded so different. It sounded so sullen, like someone who is hoping, but at same time, knowing that the hopes would never come true.

"I could ask for nothing more in this world," Tiny sobs were clear in the voice, it was filled by a heavy sighs. He couldn't spell out what the voice was saying, everything had been so vivid before, but not this time. Everything just felt so distant. He turned around, looked up and down. There must be some way, he thought to himself. The forlorn that had been lining the voice got his chest numb, as if it was shrinking to nothing. He don't know why was he feeling that way, but he hate it.

"I... really wish it was true," the word pierced Jongdae everywhere like thousands of unseen blades. Though he was hurting everywhere, he couldn't point out what his problem was. He didn't even know. The only thing that he knew is, whatever he was feeling, it hurts. The sighs, the sobs, he don't know what caused those, but he knew it at that very moment that he didn't want them to be there.

Kim Jongdae needed to wake up. He had to face it - the voice. He wanted to have it in his life, telling it how much he appreciate it's presence. Therefore, first of all, KIM JONGDAE NEEDED TO STAY ALIVE.


A/N - Next update will be after:

80th read, or

20th comment, or

10th upvote, or

5th subscriber