The dream

Turning Point

She felt a soft tug from her hand and was abruptly woken up. Seeing the most important person her life lying hopelessly on the bed, her vision became blurry with tears. She smiled as she let the pearl-like droplet find their own way down her cheek towards her jawlines quietly. Softly, she caressed his forehead, wiping the obvious beads of sweat present without any suspicion.

"I love you" she mouthed, since those word just couldn't escape her vocal chord. The simple expression were too painful for her, even though it is the truth and she knew it.

Noticing the blanket that had fell down to his waist, she helped it back up to his chest. Having no clue on how the blanket could be in different position, she blamed herself for not being good enough as a wife for him, she felt guilt building up in her chest but shoved it just in time before her tears broke again.

"I had a dream, a wonderful one," With the smothering guilt in her chest, she rested her head next to his and whispered. Gazing gently at his sleeping face, she lagged before continuing. She took all the time she want to imprint the flawless side view of her looks into her mind.

"In that dream, you woke up, but I was asleep. You looked sweetly at me with your charming eyes," she narrated the scene, she could hear the shake in her voice, as her feeling was being shaky as well.

"I felt like...all the burdens on my shoulders were lifted up" she stopped and bowed her head down, in her attempt to contain her sobs.

"It feels like a dream come true, ... ... I could ask for nothing more in this world,cracks were then clear in her voice. She shifted her position and rested her head on his chest.

"I..." looking up at his lifeless face, she took a deep breathe and uttered, "really wish it was true," she lagged, her hand went up his face again, brushing it lightly "the dream, ... and the marriage," The final crystal clear pearl roll down her eyes once more, and that's it. Her sobs were no more, though it was replaced by a heavy sigh.