The accident

Turning Point

She took a sharp turn to the left and let her vehicle drift at the full speed to climb up the hilly slope. Her reckless driving ethics could definitely got her into trouble, be it with the laws or with her own safety. She knew that she could get killed, but she took the matter as the least of her problem. The only thing that had been lingering in her mind then was him, and only him.

"Your husband got involved in an accident, and is currently unconscious," the words had been banging in her ears ever since she received the telephone call. As she dashed to the counter, she was looking as pale as corpse. She knew that was not the time for her to be demanding, so, at least, let him survive, in no matter what state he is.

"Please, take me in his stead," she kept chanting until she was right in front of the room she was looking for. For few seconds, she hesitated to turn the knob, unable to bear the hard the truth behind the door.

After a while, she mustered up her strength and peeked in, only to see her dearest one lying unconsciously on the pure white bed. Step by step, she strode to him, helplessly reaching out for his hand - a cold, angular hand that she could never had a chance to hold before. The bluish marks on his pale face shattered her heart even further, eventhough it still couldn't conceal the charm that she had fallen for ever since she was in highschool.

Her mind was blank, she could do nothing for him - the doctor predicted that he would be unconscious for at least a week. At the very least, even for this short period of time, let her hold this hand that she had longed for, let her feel like she was taking care of her husband, a REAL HUSBAND. That was her wish.

As time creeps, days passed and weeks turned to months, but he was still lying there, sound asleep - never did he shown any sign of waking up. He had passed the critical period, but from there, there had been no progress. Hospital treatment has been substituted to home care - he was brought home, and the person who took care of him was no other than his wife - so called 'wife' of his.

Despite all that happed between them, obliged she felt, to take care of him, more like, it was not out of obligation, but out of love. Indeed, she does love him no matter what have occurred to her; therefore she treated him in a perfect way that could flame the envy in every man in the universe.