Wednesday

What Will It Take...?

This time, Minhyuk had a heart-shaped box of chocolates under his arm. It was simple and direct. He would give it to Hyunwoo, and Hyunwoo would savor every bite of each individual chocolate that Minhyuk had chosen for him. A few minutes later, when Hyunwoo came, he wasn't as surprised to see Minhyuk waiting for him at his locker again.

"Hey Minhyuk," Hyunwoo greeted. He came around the corner pulling a red heart-shaped balloon.

Minhyuk put on a nervous smile, although Hyunwoo couldn't tell. "Hi hyung."

Hyunwoo saw Minhyuk staring at the balloon and handed it to him. "Here you go. Since it's my fault you lost yours yesterday." Hyunwoo smiled. "Take it. It's exactly the same. A solid two dollars worth of helium, rubber, and string."

Minhyuk accepted the string and wrapped it around his fingers a few times.

Hyunwoo stopped him with a hand on his wrist. "Here, let me." He swiftly untangled the string from Minhyuk's hand and wrapped it around Minhyuk's wrist, tying it in a loose slip knot.

Minhyuk tried not to linger on the feel of Hyunwoo's warm fingers grazing his wrist. He wrenched his gaze away from Hyunwoo's large hands to his face. Hyunwoo met his gaze and the corners of his lips moved up in a smile. Minhyuk flushed with a small smile of his own.

"Thanks hyung."

Hyunwoo patted his hand. "There, it won't fly away this time."

"Here," Minhyuk said, taking the box of chocolates out from under his arm. "I got this for you..."

Hyunwoo blinked, noticing it for the first time. "Wow, thanks." He flipped the box over a few times and then saw the tag.

"Wait no!" Minhyuk tried to grab the box away.

But Hyunwoo easily fended Minhyuk off and read the tag out loud. "To Hyunwoo, my most loveable hyung." Hyunwoo laughed.

Minhyuk flushed. "Don't read it out loud..."

Hyunwoo ruffled Minhyuk's hair and smiled, eyes turning into crescent moons. "You're so sweet, Minhyukkie. Can I try one?"

"You can have one..." Minhyuk didn't want to be anywhere near Hyunwoo when he opened the box, but he really couldn't say no to his hyung. Not with Hyunwoo's hand in his hair, taking control of both his head and his heart.

"Alright!" Hyunwoo withdrew his hand from Minhyuk's hair.

Minhyuk watched nervously as Hyunwoo fiddled with the box until he finally pried the lid off. He looked anxiously at Hyunwoo's face to see his reaction. He wasn't sure what to expect, but he became optimistic when he saw Hyunwoo's smile widen as he looked up, catching Minhyuk's eyes in the intense gaze only he was capable of.

Hyunwoo's fingers hovered over the chocolates as he went to pick one to try. Eventually he settled randomly on the dark chocolate caramel truffle on the edge of the heart pattern. He plucked it out of its place and plopped it into his mouth in one smooth motion.

"Is it good?" Minhyuk asked tentatively.

Hyunwoo's eyes widened. "It's so good!" He picked up the white chocolate raspberry truffle in the center of the chocolate heart and held it in front of Minhyuk's face. "Here, try one."

Minhyuk shook his head and mentally face-palmed. "I can't have one. They're for you."

But Hyunwoo stubbornly pressed the truffle against Minhyuk's lips. "Ahhh," he prompted.

Minhyuk could only resist for a few seconds before he opened his mouth and let Hyunwoo feed him the truffle he had chosen himself. It was good and melted in his mouth perfectly, although he had wanted Hyunwoo to be the one to taste it.

Hyunwoo slung a strong arm around Minhyuk's shoulders. "So what does Minhyukkie, my most adorable dongsaeng think? It's good, isn't it?"

Minhyuk turned his head into Hyunwoo's chest to hide his flushed cheeks and nodded shyly.

Hyunwoo took the opportunity to hug him briefly. "Thank you Minhyukkie!"

Minhyuk spent the rest of the morning with a lovesick smile on his face.

Until he saw Kihyun ask Hyunwoo if he could have a truffle and Hyunwoo automatically hand him the box. And Kihyun savored every bit of Minhyuk's heart that was meant for Hyunwoo.

Curse Son Hyunwoo and his kind heart.