Monday

What Will It Take...?

Minhyuk slammed his hand down on his alarm clock repeatedly until it stopped emitting that annoyingly loud noise. Then he rolled over in bed, back against the device, and went back to sleep. But after only a few seconds of blissful silence,

"Minhyuk! Don't think I didn't hear you neglecting your alarm clock! Get up!" his mother screamed from the kitchen.

Minhyuk groaned and pressed his face deeper into the pillow. He didn't move.

"Lee Minhyuk! Don't make me come up there and get you!"

"Alright, mom!" Minhyuk shouted. "I'm up!" He rolled onto his back and lay there, unwilling to exert more energy to get out of bed.

Somehow, he managed to get a few more minutes of undisturbed sleep.

"What's that rose doing there next to the front door?" his mother wondered to no one in particular.

Minhyuk shot out of bed immediately. He had to get to school early today! He got dressed with record speed, slung his backpack over his shoulder, and ran to the kitchen.

His mother raised an eyebrow as he stuffed his breakfast down his throat. "Wow, you're unusually fast today," she remarked.

Minhyuk nodded, finished eating, grabbed the rose and opened the door to leave. "Bye mom!"

"Bye! Who's the rose for?"

"Hyunwoo-hyung!" Minhyuk yelled as he ran out the door and got into his car. He carefully placed the rose in the passenger seat beside him.

Minhyuk nervously drummed his fingers on the steering wheel at every stop sign and light he waited at. He needed to get to the school before Hyunwoo showed up so he could surprise him. As he pulled into the school parking lot, he saw no sign of Hyunwoo's car and breathed a sigh of relief. That gave him time to prepare what he would say. He plucked the rose from his passenger seat and went to wait in front of Hyunwoo's locker.

"Here, Hyunwoo-hyung, have this rose. It goes well with your eyes."

No. What was he thinking about? That made no sense. Hyunwoo didn't even have red eyes.

"Here, Hyunwoo-hyung, take this. And keep it. Forever. Please."

That was downright creepy. There was no way Hyunwoo would get that.

"Accept this, hyung, as a token of my love." And Minhyuk knelt, offering the rose to Hyunwoo while staring at his shoes.

Definitely too cheesy. And even in his head it was embarrassing.

"Hey Minhyuk!" Hyunwoo came through the hallway, a bit surprised to see him waiting there. He was carrying a small pile of books in his arms.

Minhyuk grinned. "Hey hyung!"

Hyunwoo noticed the rose. "What's that for?" he asked, gesturing towards it with his face.

"This? It's, uh, it's for you." Minhyuk stammered a bit. "Here." He held it out to Hyunwoo.

"Oh." Hyunwoo glanced down at his hands. "Um... trade?" he asked awkwardly.

Minhyuk took Hyunwoo's books and gave him the rose. Hyunwoo tucked the rose behind his ear. He accepted his books back from Minhyuk and placed them in his locker. Minhyuk tried not to stare at his rose practically hovering next to Hyunwoo's face, but Hyunwoo noticed.

"What do you think, Minhyukkie?" He cupped his face with his hands and bobbed his head to the side. "Does it make me look pretty?"

As much as Minhyuk wanted to kiss his adorable hyung at that moment, he didn't want to freak Hyunwoo out. So he rolled his eyes and playfully slapped Hyunwoo's face away. "Stop trying to act cute hyung."

Hyunwoo grinned. "So I look cute, huh?"

"Nah, it's just the rose," Minhyuk lied.

Hyunwoo took the rose and slid it behind Minhyuk's ear. Then he tilted his head to the side and agreed. "Yeah, it's definitely the rose. It makes you look cuter too."

At that moment, the bell rang. Hyunwoo waved a goodbye and left Minhyuk standing in front of his locker with his cheeks flushed and his confession in his hair.