Epilogue

Move On

The aroma of grilled meat filled the air while laughter from the children running around at the mini garden echoed through the quiet neighborhood. Everything was so perfect in Nam Joon’s eyes. After all, this was the reason he built the house six years ago.

 

“Uncle Nam-joon, Adam is a ‘reckless dino’ and how dare he call me ‘stupid’!” Mya cried out loud before crashing hard into Nam-joon’s chest.

 

Nam-joon lifted her up and sat her on his lap before asking, “What had happened?”

 

Well, hearing the word ‘reckless dino’ again after so many years brought back his childhood memories. And now he wondered whether he should blame the genes that ran in her blood since she talked very much like her mother once upon a time ago.

 

“We were playing scissor-rock-cloth game where the winner will have to hide in the game of hide-and-seek. I won the game and so I went into hiding. And when I saw him coming, I ran away from my hiding spot. Just because he wanted to win he crashed into my sand castle and broke my Barbie’s arm. And when I confronted him he called me ‘stupid’.” Tears started to flow down on her pinkish cheek as she narrated the whole incident.

 

her hair gently, he let her rant out her frustration. “I built the castle all by myself from this morning and the Barbie doll was a present from Daddy from Morocco. How could he crash my castle and brake my favorite doll’s arm?”

 

Nodding his head, he said, “So, did he apologize to you?”

 

Biting her lips, she nodded her head slightly. Then she went on to protest, “But, apology couldn’t amend anything! If it can be solved so easily then what is the point of having our policemen and court of justice?”

 

Nam-joon gulped hard upon hearing her last sentence. He wondered why she sounded like Gu Jun-pyo from the drama ‘Boys Over Flower’. Still, he maintained his cool expression.

 

“Uncle Nam-joon, I’m not a ‘reckless dino’! It was an accident. How could she put all the blame on me when she was in the wrong as well?” Adam’s sudden appearance made Nam-joon turn to his direction. And instantly, Mya cried even louder in order to get his attention.

 

Calling Adam to come closer with a hand signal, Nam-joon put Mya back on her feet. He then crossed his hands in front of his chest before his eyes scanned through those two beautiful pair of eyes.

 

“Uncle Nam-joon, if she didn’t choose to hide near her castle and having her dolls cover half the garden, I wouldn't have made those mistakes!” Adam went on to defend himself upon seeing no reaction from Nam-joon.

 

At last, Nam-joon could place everything into a picture. “Uncle Nam-joon will not side anyone of you. Both of you did wrong and both of you need to apologize and seek forgiveness from one another.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Why again when I had apologized to her!”

 

Both of them exclaimed simultaneously and that brought laughter to Nam-joon after seeing their cute reaction.

 

“Mya, you need to apologize to Adam because you didn’t pack up your dolls after you finished playing with them. And why do we need policemen and court of justice? We need policemen to take down every criminal that had done crimes like stealing and killing. And with the court of justice, we would be able to punish them for all their crimes with hope that they would realize their fault and turn a new leaf.”

 

Turning to Adam, Nam-joon explained. “Adam, you need to apologize to Mya because you called her stupid even though you apologized for ruining her castle and breaking her doll’s arm. It’s rude to call her so when she is older than you no matter how bad you guys had fought.”

 

Silence crept in once Nam-joon had his explanation done.

 

Adam, being the gentlemen, turned to face Mya and held out his hand. “I’m sorry Mya for calling you stupid. Would you please forgive me?”

 

Mya looked down at her shoes and then to Nam-joon before staring straight at Adam. Slowly she held out her hand and shook it with Adam’s. “I’m sorry too, Adam for displaying my toys all over the garden.”

 

Suddenly clapping sound was heard from behind. The three of them shifted their attention to the direction of the sound. Standing not far from where them were Chang-wook and Augustin Mancha.

 

“Daddy!” Both children called out to their father and ran straight to them in an embrace.

 

Nam-joon approached them and took over the groceries they had on their hands. “I’ll bring them to our chef in the kitchen.”

 

Both men nodded their heads and said in unison, “Thank you for pacifying them, Nam-joon.”

 

Nam-joon raised his right hand as a sign, showing he  acknowledged their gratitude. Carefully he walked into the kitchen where two beautiful ladies were busy preparing their dinner.

 

“Here’re the things you need.” He placed them on the table before reaching for a bottle of cold water in the refrigerator.

 

“Thank you, my sweetie Nam-joon.” One of them said.

 

“I wonder if he would get jealous when he heard his wife calling out the other guy ‘my sweetie’?” the other exclaimed.

 

“Of course he won’t or he’ll die!”

 

Everyone laughed to the bold statement. Nam-joon raised both hands as if he is surrendering himself in a war, he asked to get himself excused. “I’m sorry, ladies. I do not wish to get involved in any family business though I know both of you love me dearly.”

 

Throwing a carrot at Nam-joon, Seo-rin challenged him, “Then go and find yourself a wife! Only then we’ll let you go out alive.”

 

“That’s right Seo-rin. Nam-joon, please don’t tell me you still haven’t got yourself back together after so many years of being dumped by Seo-rin? Since you can keep this house, why couldn’t you open up your heart to a girl?”

 

Seo-rin turned to give So-hyun a high-five as she agreed to what she said. She had come to know about the house when So-hyun called her out to meet out of the blue six years ago.

 

So-hyun was their classmate in high school and her roommate when they were in college. And she had been his secret admirer since high school and never gave up during his stay in the States. So, when she heard that Nam-joon was back and had decided to sell off the house he built for Seo-rin, she went to him with her father’s bank account, asking him to choose between her or the house.

 

“Kim Nam-joon, listen to me! I have two choices for you. One, take me as your girlfriend and you’ll get yourself a buyer for this house. If you refuse to take the first choice, then I have a back-up choice for you. Ditch me and no buyer for this house.”

 

When she gave him the choices she was fully prepared to get rejected. Indeed she was right as he did refused her offer and went on to say, “I would rather have no buyer than faking my love for you, So-hyun. You deserve a better man than me. Stopping wasting your time on me and find yourself your Mr. Right.”

 

Though her heart was broken in the inside, but she refused to show it to him. “Then, promise me that you’ll keep this house for Seo-rin, for me and most importantly, for yourself. I believe one day in the future you’ll be proud of this master piece of yours.”

 

Seo-rin had always wondered why Nam-joon had been a good boy by listening to what So-hyun had told him to do. Nam-joon didn’t sell off the house as he had wanted to. He continued to expand his architectural skills by designing many attractive and amazing buildings in Seoul and also in Busan. On the other hand, So-hyun went to Spain after getting ditched and there she met her husband, Augustin Mancha, an up coming director. Together they had a son four years ago that they named Adam.

 

When So-hyun snapped her fingers, Seo-rin was brought back from her thoughts to reality.

 

“Let’s cook or our men and babies will starve to death.”

 

Smiling at So-hyun, Seo-rin went back to chop the vegetables. Nam-joon then left the kitchen to give them the space and privacy for women talk. But he was stopped halfway by So-hyun.

 

“Nam-joon, Augustin plan to make a film and he wishes to have some shoots here, in this house as the background. Would you mind?”

 

Nam-joon laughed a little. He then cleared his throat and replied, “Kim So-hyun, tell him to give credit to me at the end of the day or I’ll spoil his premiere show.” He then walked out of the kitchen, as screams of happiness from So-hyun echoed all over the house.

 

Six years had passed and Nam-joon had got himself together. The first year was really hard for him as everything could trigger memories of them but slowly by the second and third year, he came to feel nothing in his heart when he saw how happy Sebring was with her family.

 

Now, he had opened his frozen heart to someone he came across not too long ago in a dialogue meeting for architects. Taking out his phone from his pocket, he typed something and hit the send button. He smiled when he received a reply from her.

 

Putting his phone back into his pocket, he knew that the dinner they were going to have would be filled with surprises.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Ta-da, your epilogue is here as promised ^^

Hurray, at last I can put the status as ‘Completed’. And that means I’ll be writing a new one soon!!!

So, my dear readers, may I know what do you think about this story? Please feel free to drop me your feedback as I promise I won’t bite as I love to hear from you to improve.

Upvote it if you feel I deserve it ^^

Till then, have a great day guys!

~Love, NoonaYoung~