Prologue

Move On

When the curtains were pulled aside and windows wide opened, the cool wind and light that radiated from the sun ventilated and brightened up the room. Sitting at the corner was little Seo-rin with her nose sticking to the book she was holding.

 

Reading was her hobby and the fact that she could stay in the study room for a week, with the exemption that foods and drinks that were not provided on time, shocked her parents. Still, they were very supportive of her preference over books.

 

“Seo-rin, go and get yourself ready! Mrs. Kim is coming to pay us a visit.”

 

Seo-rin raised her head and turned to her mother. “Mommy, isn’t it is rude to disturb someone without knocking on the door?”

 

Mrs. Jung smiled at her daughter, shaking her head, she said, “Seo-rin, it seems like you were too absorbed in your own world that you didn’t realize I knocked just now. Mommy had knocked a few times and since our little Seo-rin didn’t answer, Mommy took it as a yes.”

 

Biting her lips as a sign of embarrassment, Seo-rin lowered her head before she whispered out an apology. “I’m sorry Mommy.”

 

Kneeling down by the side of her daughter, Mrs. Jung ruffled her hair and cheered her up. “It’s okay, sweetie. Just make sure that you never display this habit of yours to others as they may not forgive you as Daddy and Mommy will, okay?”

 

Nodding her head as she had taken her lesson well, Seo-rin went up and placed a kiss on her mother’s cheek. “Thank you, Mommy. I’m going to have a change then.”

 

“Mommy will be waiting downstairs for you.” he mother said before stepping out. 

 

Seo-rin smiled and went to her room. She opened her closet and went through it to find herself a suitable dress. After standing in front of the mirror for more than fifteen minutes, checking out the dresses, she had finally decided the light blue princess look dress to go with. 

 

Being the only daughter and only child in the Jungs household, Seo-rin was pampered from the day she was born. Having read so many fantasy stories, she had wished to be a princess even though she knew that in reality it would be impossible. Yet, her parents fulfilled her wish by filling up her room and her closets like those princesses in Disney’s stories.

 

Seo-rin stopped dead at her step when she locked eyes with the boy sitting at the sofa. Instantly she shouted out his name in disgust.  

 

“Kim Nam-joon!”

 

All heads turned towards her direction, shock was written all over their face. Mrs. Jung blinked her eyes a few times and gulped hard at her daughter’s action.

 

“Seo-rin, what’s wrong?” Mrs. Jung asked while approaching her daughter.

 

“Why is he here again?” Though she knew it was rude to point a finger at someone, but Seo-rin was so mad at Nam-joon that she just did it on purpose.

 

Nam-joon lowered his head and avoided Seo-rin’s angry stare. Mrs. Kim who had sensed something fishy between the two of them went over and hugged her son as if she was his shield. She saw Seo-rin as a hungry tigress, ready to take down her son anytime.

 

“What’s wrong to have Nam-joon here? Didn't you guys have fun during his last visit?” asked Mrs. Jung in a perplexed manner.

 

“Mommy, ask him what he had done to my Stephen King collection!”

 

Well, after listening to Seo-rin’s statement, Mrs. Jung could roughly figure out that it must be something related to books and the point was Nam-joon had accidentally wrecked her precious collection.

 

“I’m sorry, Seo-rin. I swear I didn’t make those pages fall out of place on purpose. They just fell off by themselves when I flipped the pages while reading them. I’m sorry. But, no worry though as I’ve ordered a new one to replace it.” Slowly he handed a box of books to her.

 

“Do you think I’ll forgive you because you are replacing mine, you reckless dino? You had crashed my first binocular on your first visit to my study room. You disarmed my Transformer’s arm on your second visit. My favorite swing back in the garden was spoiled on your third visit. Ahhhh, I have a full list of my things!” she yelled angrily at him. 

 

“I’m sorry.” That was the only word she could heard from Nam-joon’s mouth when Seo-rin pin pointed out his faults. Deep in his heart, he felt bad for all his faults in breaking Seo-rin’s things but he really didn’t mean it or wanted it to happen. It was all an accident or should he say fate?

 

Well, children's fights and misunderstanding would never last long. In the morning they could be seen fighting like cats and dogs but in the evening they could be seen sticking like the sugar to the nuts. And the same policy applies to Seo-rin and Nam-joon. Seo-rin may be mad at him now, but soon after, they would become close friends again. Especially when they start talking about their life and ambitions.

 

“I wish to be an architect when I’m an adult. Start from designing to building it all by myself, I want to make my own house!” Nam-joon said it proudly and with much confidence when Seo-rin asked him about his dreams.

 

“We’ll see then, reckless dino.” Seo-rin replied after hearing his statement.

 

Secretly, Nam-joon made himself a vow. He would make her the dream house she had always wanted all by himself. He wanted to prove it to her that he would transform from a reckless dino to a real man when the time comes.