Chapter 05

Love at First Sight

Image result for cute divider

 

"Hana....I have something important to tell you...."

"What is it?"

"I....I think I...."

"You think you...."

Hoshi took a deep breath.

"I think I'm gay..."

Hana looked at him in shock. 

"OMG! REALLY??? Who's the lucky guy? Is it who I think it is?" she asked with an impish grin, happy to be there for her friend.

Hoshi grinned his signature grin. "Maybe....I don't know if you'd remember him though."

"I bet I do. Is it Jihoonie?"

Hana believed that Hoshi had the biggest crush on Jihoon since the third grade. He was just too chicken to admit it. She watched as Hoshi became extremely flustered. Letting out a laugh, she slapped his arm in a teasing manner. 

"Gosh! You didn't have to make it so darn obvious Mr. I-like-Lee-Jihoon."

Hoshi gave her a flustered grin. But that's not what I wanted to say.

In reality, Hoshi had had a huge crush on Hana since the third grade. He had disguised himself as being gay to become close with her, but it seemed to be that she still thought of him as gay. He felt a sharp pain in his heart as she went on and on about how she was going to make a huge event for him to confess to Jihoon--his wingman. Jihoon was the one who had been rooting for Hoshi all these years, trying to get him to track down Hana and to confess to her. It was just a coincidence that the two ended up working at NaMu's. Ever since he first started working at NaMu's, he tried flirting with other girls to get his heart away from Hana--all resulting in him getting slapped or threatened.

"OMG...Hosh...you won't believe who just walked in through the door." Hana squeaked excitedly seeing the short pink-haired boy.

"Who?" he began to turn around, but was stopped by the hyperactive Hana.

"Guess..." she said with an impish grin as Jihoon noticed Hoshi.

"Yo Hosh!" he called.

Hoshi's heart dropped into his stomach as he realized that his best friend/wingman had just entered the cafe. Oh boy...how am I gonna explain this one to Jihoon? Hoshi turned around with his usual smile and greeted Jihoon with a cheery wave and a high-five. Jihoon looked at Hana, then Hoshi, then back to Hana again, his eyes widening in surprise. 

"Hana? Is that really you?" he asked getting excited for Hoshi.

"Uh...YEAH! Hi Jihoon-ieeee" she squealed wrapping the boy in a hug.

"Long time no see!!!" he returned the hug while giving Hoshi a confused look. Has he not confessed yet?

Hoshi gave Jihoon a defeated look. Understanding the meaning behind Hoshi's look, Jihoon's heart sank. Hana hooked her arms around the two males and skipped happily over to an empty booth, the boys trailing slightly behind her while mouthing words at eachother behidn her back. Hana, not realizing the tension in the air because of her, left the two alone as she skipped over to the group of friends that were searching for her. As soon as Hana disappeared from sight, the two began to talk rapidly.

"WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING KWON SOONYOUNG?"

"Shut up Jihoon. You're too loud!"

"She's finally back and you're not confessing to her? Come on!"

"I know, I know." Hoshi llet out a frustrated sigh and buried his head in his hands.

"Do you want me to try and sort things out for you?" Jihoon asked, rising up from the booth, his shock of pink hair barely peeking out from above the booth seats.

"I guess...oh, I don't know..." Soonyoung groaned in exasperation as Jihoon sighed.

"I'm going. I wanna order something anyways." Jihoon said, standing up and patting Soonyoung's back.

Skipping up to the line, Jihoon found himself at the front of the counter in no time. 

"Hi~ Welcome to NaMu's! What can I get you?" BiAh grinned as Hoya gave Jihoon a warning look from next to her.

"Uh....I'll just have a chicken panini and two strawberry milkshakes. Thanks." he said uneasily as he siddled over to the side to wait for his order.

While waiting, Jihoon's eyes explored the interior of the cafe. He had been there several times before but had never really had the chance to look at the interior. The cafe gave off a homey vibe and was always bustling with customers socializing, playing games, or just hanging out together. What really caught his eye, though, was the insane number of couples that were all around the cafe. He recognized a couple of them from serving him the few times he had been there before. Xiumin and Heejin, YeRin and Chanyeol, Woohyun and HyunMi, and a strangely scandalous couple that had their faces hidden behind oversized menus. Jihoon shuddered just imagining what the scandalous couple might have been doing. 

"One chicken panini and two strawberry milkshakes~" a voice trilled in his ear.

Whipping around, Jihoon saw Bi Ah cheerfully holding his order with Hoya glaring daggers at him. 

"Uh...thanks."

Quickly grabbing the order, Jihoon dashed back to the booth and slid down low in his seat. 

"Did you see her?" Soonyoung asked, jumping at his friend as soon as he appeared. 

"No. But that is one SCARY dude." Jihoon said on his strawberry milkshake to calm down.

"Who?" Soonyoung turned around to be met with Hoya's cold gaze. "Ahhhh Hoya hyung? Don't worry. He's probably just hungry or something." he grinned.

"Are you two done catching up? I'm bored." Hana pouted, appearing out of nowhere and plopping down next to Jihoon. 

"WHERE WERE YOU?" Jihoon asked shaking her back and forth. "YOU COULD HAVE SAVED ME."

Soonyoung laughed as Hana's eyes widened and Jihoon collapsed in a terrified mess on the table. Suddenly, it was as if time froze for Hana. Sure Soonyoung was still laughing and Jihoon was still dying on the table, but an angelic figure entered NaMu's. His features resembled that of a kitty and he seemed familiar....sorta. What was this feeling? OMONA IT'S THE SAME GUY FROM EARLIER!!!

Hana's face flushed a pink colour as she watched the male walk up to the counter and stand in line. He had a soft smile and a gentlemanly look, making Hana's heart flutter like a butterfly. By this time, Jihoon and Soonyoung had disappeared from Hana's line of sight. All she could see was the cute kitty guy from earlier. 

"SEOL HANA~" 

Hana's daydream shattered and her facial expression turned into one of horror as the kitty guy turned around and made eye contact with her as Maerin pranced over to the booth, arms linked with her new boyfriend.

"H-h-hi Mommae. Hi Taemin-ssi." Hana stuttered, her face flushing as she sank lower in her seat, causing her to get a sharp pinch from Jihoon.

"Ow! What was that for?" she frowned as she slapped his hand, causing evil laughter to erupt from the SoonHoon "couple".

"Aigoo~ uri aegi~ Did you eat lunch yet?" Maerin asked, ruffling Hana's hair.

Hana shook her head in response and put her hands to her cheeks to cool down the burning sensation. The kitty guy was still staring at the strange group of friends, namely at Hana, and was quite frankly causing an eruption of very fluttery butterflies in Hana's stomach. The tingly sensation traveled down to her legs as she stood up to follow the TaeMaerin couple to get lunch. 

"So if Hana-ssi is your daughter Maerin, does that make her mine too?" Taemin teased as he slung his arm around Maerin's shoulder.

Maerin laughed. "I guess it does! Hana-yah, you have a new appa~" 

The trio laughed as they approached the line, Hana's face burning like a fire now that she was closer to the cute kitty guy.

"Hana, what's wrong? Your face is REALLY red." Maerin said, touching Hana's forehead to check her temperature. "You're really hot right now too..."

Following Hana's gaze, Maerin quickly put two and two together and soon exchanged a derpy knowing look with Taemin. "Ahhhh...I see...." 

"Eng?" Hana turned around to find an empty spot where Maerin and Taemin had been standing just five seconds earlier. 

Confused, she turned around only to find her worst nightmare come true. THEY WERE TALKING TO THE CUTE KITTY GUY AND POINTING AT HER. Hana's face flushed an even darker shade as she tried to duck behind the customer in front of her, only to fail and cause them to fall into the person in front of them. She covered her face with her hands in embarrassment as she heard Maerin's laugh ring out. Why was she like this?ㅠㅠ

"Hana-ssi?" 

Hana peeked through her fingers to find herself at the front of the line, with Hoya trying to get her attention. Quickly stepping up and trying to cover her embarrassed face, she pointed out what she wanted to order without any words and went back to covering her face with a napkin.

"Hana, are you okay?" Bi Ah asked stepping out from behind the counter to join her.

"I just made the most embarassing scene in my whole entire life." she whispered, turning her back to the corner where she had last seen the cute kitty guy.

At this moment, Hee Jin joined the two maknaes and slung an arm around each girl.

"What's up? Aren't the two of you on break? Woahhhh what's with Hana's face?" Hee Jin turned Hana towards her and squished her cheeks like a fish.

"Hmm...warm. Hana, are you in loveeeeee?" Hee Jin teased, not really expecting much of an answer as she bopped Hana's nose.

Just the word "love" caused the poor girl to flush a bright pink, exposing her secret entirely. 

"No way....alreadyyyy???" Hee Jin gasped, a mixture of shock and curiosity taking over her face. She playfully poked the younger girl's sides as Hana tried to hide her face in embarrassment. "Nugu?" she asked, an evil grin spreading across her face as Bi Ah joined Hee Jin in teasing the child.

"Dah kyutjkf kittiekdjfjsf guiekljdsfjal" 

Bi Ah and Hee Jin exchanged confused looks as they pried Hana's hands away from her face to hear her response in a clearer fashion. 

"Repeat." Bi Ah commanded, grinning as she squeezed her hands together excitedly.

"The cute kitty guy at the front." Hana mumbled before turning around and sprinting towards the safety of the back room.

Hee Jin looked to the front, immediately finding Hana's mystery cute kitty guy, and wove through the crowd to interrogate him alongside Maerin and Taemin. Bi Ah, still quite clueless, followed Hana into the back room to get more information out of her. Upon opening the door, she immediately regretted following the younger as she found her frozen in shock, staring at the one and only provocative couple who had continued their make-out session, even when they were exposed. Bi Ah shrieked and grabbed Hana's wrist, yanking her away from the scandalous scene. Hana shuddered in terror as she tried to erase the memories of what the two girls had accidentally interrupted. 

"Is everything alright?" a deep voice asked, the voice tinged with concern and confusion.

Hana turned around to have her heart drop into her stomach. The figure approached the two girls, causing Hana to shrink back against Bi Ah, her eyes widening as he advanced towards them, step by step. He stopped in front of Hana and grinned, sticking his hand out.

"I don't think I've properly introduced myself. Hi! I'm Jisoo."


i am so sorry for not updating in liek foreverㅠㅠ BUT #SOOHA ACTION IS FINALLY TAKING PLACE~

i feel like this chappie was just all over the place cos half of it was written back in october and the other half was just recently since i finally got out of writer's block. lolol. anywho, i hope yu enjoy and comments are highly appreciated ^-^
~sara

Image result for cute divider