Chapter 03

Love at First Sight

Image resultImage result

Hana ducked behind the counter in shock. Why does my heart feel this way? She put her hands to her cheeks to cool the strange burning sensation on her face. 
Shaking her head to focus, Hana turned her attention back to the cash register in front of her where a familiar customer stood waiting on her.

"Oh! Hi Taemin-ssi! What a surprise seeing you here!" Hana exclaimed, happy to have something distract her mind from the unusual feeling she had felt just seconds before.

"Hi Hana-ssi! I didn't know you worked here!" he said giving her a soft grin. 

"Where's Yoogeun?" Hana asked curiously as she saw Maerin peep out of the kitchen from the corner of her eye.

"Yoogeun's with his other dad right now." Taemin said grinning.

"He has another dad?" Hana asked, eyes widening in shock. Is Taemin-ssi....gay?

"Yeah. My friends and I are babysitting him for a bit. He calls all of his dads." Taemin said pretending to examine a menu while secretly watching the girl who kept popping in and out of the kitchen.

"Oh! Look at my manners. Is there anything that you'd like to order today?" Hana asked remembering that she was still working.
Taemin examined the menu (for real this time) and chose a large strawberry milk bubble tea and a panini. 

As Hana disappeared to fulfill his order, Taemin sauntered over to an empty area of the counter to watch the kitchen girl work. 

"Excuse me, Miss?" he called out, catching her attention. 

Wiping her hands on her apron, Maerin quickly went over thinking that there might be something wrong with the customer's order.

"Yes? Is there something wrong with your order?" she asked worriedly crossing her fingers behind her back.

"Yes there is..." he said watching her face morph into a horrified expression. 

"Oh no! What is it? I'll try to fix it!!!" she panicked, wringing her hands.

Laughing, he grabbed a napkin and jotted something down. Handing it to her, he smiled.

"The only problem with my order was that you weren't the waitress to serve me." he said before turning around to wait at a table.

Maerin blushed and looked at the napkin to find the stranger's phone number. Gosh....he's so cute!

She quickly rushed over to the kitchen, realizing that she was still on her work shift, and hurried to fulfill the next order, a large strawberry milk bubble tea.


Groaning, Hana collapsed on a couch in the back room with Bi Ah as they took their first break of the day.

"I am POOPED." she hollered before burying her face in the nearest pillow.

Bi Ah laughed, joining her on the couch as Hee Jin and Seul Yi filed in with equally tired expressions.

Confused, Hana lifted her head up. "Wait, if you guys are on break too, who's going to be working in the kitchen and serving?"

"The guys. This is usually the most busy time of the day because there are good-looking servers." Hyun Mi said dropping down on a couch across the room.

Hana's ears perked up. "Good-looking servers?" 

The girls laughed at the younger's sudden peak of interest. The only guy that Hana kept thinking of was that cute kitty guy from earlier...

"Wanna go grab some lunch from the 'hot' servers?" Seul Yi asked Hana, wiggling her eyebrows.

The younger burst out laughing and followed her unni out to the serving area. Just as Hyun Mi said, the cafe was bustling with girls, ages ranging from high school to college students. At the counter, there was a team of flower boys who had cute smiles and sweet voices. The smell of coffee filled the air, creating an even cuter mood then the cafe already gave. Hana wiggled around in excitement as Bi Ah and Maerin joined them in line. 

"Are you looking for Myung Soo again, Seul Yi?" Maerin asked as the line slowly s its way towards the front counter.

"N-n-no! What are you talking about?" Seul Yi flushed a bright shade of pink causing Hyun Mi to laugh.

"Awwww. Our little Seul Yi is all grown up!" she teased.

"Ugh. You remind me of Woo Hyun Oppa." Seul Yi said making a disgusted face at the cheesiness of it all.

This time, it was Hyun Mi's turn to flush a bright shade of pink. Ye Rin smiled and pushed the girls through the line to order, earning dirty looks from the girls who were waiting in line. Smiling a sweet smile, Hee Jin walked up to the first cashier.

"Hi Xiuminnie Oppa!" she squeaked shyly as the dark haired boy smiled at her.

"Annyeong Hee Jinnie! Is it the usual?" he asked, enjoying every second of their conversation.

"Yup!" she nodded enthusiastically as he took an extra long time in punching in her order.

He leaned over the counter to whisper something in to her ear, causing her to giggle and blush uncontrollably. 

"Is Heejin Unni dating that server oppa?" Hana whispered to Bi Ah discreetly.

Not hearing an answer, she turned around to find Bi Ah staring at the male next to the dark haired server.

"Who's that hot guy?" Bi  Ah breathed, her eyes with literal hearts inside of them.

"Next to Xiumin? That's Hoya. Ooh, look! He's open! Go for it, Bi Ah!" Hyun Mi encouraged pushing the shy girl towards the manly man.

Bi Ah resisted a little before giving in and shyly stepping up to the cash register.

"Oh ho ho! Woohyun-ah! Your girflriend's here!" Hoya shouted seeing Hyun Mi push Bi Ah towards the register.

"HYUN MI-AH!!!!!" a smiling boy burst out of the kitchen at the mention of his girl's name.

Shaking his head, Hoya returned his attention to the girl in front of him. Her beauty caught his eye and he suddenly forgot what he had to say as a server.

"Ah...Uh...Uhm..."

Bi Ah giggled at his stuttering and looked up, accidentally making eye contact with the handsome boy. She quickly looked away, turning a bright shade of red, unsure what to do next. 

"Ask the girl what she wants to order!" Woohyun hissed as he and HyunMi flirted with eachother across the counter.

Visibly cringing, Hoya did as he was told.

"Ah....right...umm...what would you like to...order?" he asked unsurely in a robotic voice. "Miss." he quickly added remembering his manners.

Bi Ah blushed and quickly ordered an iced caramel latte along with a grilled chicken panini. She shyly watched as he punched in her order and shoved it towards Woohyun, who was still flirting with Hyun Mi. The said couple broke apart as Woohyun reluctantly went through the kitchen doors to fulfill her order.

"Umm....you're really....pretty...." 

The deep voice of the cashier startled her and she found herself mesmerized by his chocolatey brown eyes as their eyes locked. Blushing, Bi Ah quickly broke her gaze and looked down at her shoes as if they were suddenly the most amazing thing in the world.

"Th-th-thank you." she said. Ah! Why am I stuttering?!?!?! 
"You'rereallygoodlookingtoo."

Bi Ah's eyes widened as she realized what exactly just came out of . Her face flushed as she grabbed Hana and hid behind the clueless girl. Hoya's deep laugh caught her attention as the cashier leaned over the counter and tapped Bi Ah's shoulder. 

"Well I'm glad our feelings seem to be mutual." he said scratching the back of his head. "Are you free this Saturday?" 

Bi Ah eagerly nodded her head and watched as he jotted something down on a napkin and handed it to her. 

"Text me, okay? We can meet up here." he said giving her a wink as Woohyun flew out of the kitchen with Bi Ah's order.

Meanwhile, Hana had been called over to the next cashier, where an extremely familiar certain neighbor stood.

"Wait, what are YOU doing here? Didn't I just serve you a little while ago?!?!?!"
Image resultImage result