Chapter 02

Love at First Sight

Image resultImage result

Uno dul tres uno uno dul
Achimeun morning call pilsudeon naega 
oneureun ppeonjeokk ppeonjeokk nuni tteojineunga
date-eu nalira geureonji 
eojae kkumdo joheun kkum kkwotji
sae simbareul sinkko 
hyungwanmuneul yeolgo nagamyeon~


Hana sighed as she rolled over to her familiar alarm of Seventeen's 아주 Nice. Starting today, she would work at that cute little cafe down the street. What was its name again? NaMu's? Climbing out of bed, Hana slipped in to her bathroom to freshen up and get ready for the day. Once she finished getting ready, she realized that she had never gone grocery shopping the day before....or supplies shopping. Greeeaaaat.

Pulling on her oversized Despicable Me minion sweater and a pair of leggings, Hana slid down the hallway and ran down the stairs to get to the door. Grabbing her "going-out" white MCM bunny-eared bag, she stuffed her wallet & keys inside and tugged on a pair of white Adidas Superstars. She ran out and locked the door after scanning the living room to make sure there were no break-ins. Her paranoia was on level 100 today.

Hana sighed as she boarded the empty elevator to go down to the lobby. Time to go grocery shopping. Upon arriving at the lobby, she sprinted out the entrance after muttering a quick "Good morning" to the receptionist at the front desk. He looked very drained and appeared to show no interest in her friendly greeting. Rude.

Remembering that there was a little supermarket across the street, Hana walked briskly towards the shop to buy her necessities. Entering the store, she breathed in the fresh smells of produce and felt the cool air hit her skin. Smiling, she grabbed a shopping basket and proceeded to do her splurging shopping. 

"Excuse me. Aren't you the girl who's going to start working at NaMu's today?" a tall girl asked as Hana looked for a box of cereal in the wheats aisle.

"Yes...oh!!! You're Maerin, right?" Hana said, startled at seeing a familiar face so early in the morning.

"Call me Mommae. You're my adopted daughter, remember?" the girl said with a laugh. "Oh! This is Heejin! She's another worker at NaMu's. Heejin, this is...I'm sorry. What was your name again? I don't think I caught it yesterday." 

"I'm Hana. Nice to meet you!" the girls shared their greetings and walked down the aisles together. "I moved here yesterday from Busan and I completely forgot to do my grocery shopping." Hana said sheepishly as she picked up a jar of jelly and placed it in her basket. 

"Ooh! That's cool!" Heejin said with a friendly smile. "Maerin, Hyun Mi, Seul Yi & I are roommates, but the landowner's currently going under some financial problems and we're not sure how long we can stay where we are."

"Awwww! That's terrible!" Hana frowned before remembering how spacious her apartment was. "Why don't you guys stay with me? I'm sure we'll become closer since we're all working at NaMu's anyways." she suggested, surprising the other two.

"But I feel like that'd be imposing on you! We don't really know each other that well..."

"It's fine!!! We can just pay rent together! I have a TON of room! My parents got me an apartment with a lot of room & beds and it's lonely living alone. Come live with me!" Hana said using aegyo towards the two older girls. 

Not being able to resist her aegyo, the two gave in and agreed. Once the three finished shopping, they bid each other goodbye and went their separate ways after promising to drop their groceries off at home and reunite at NaMu's in half an hour. Hana rushed home and stocked her shelves & fridge with the newly acquired food. After unloading all of the goodies, she went back out to go shop for kitchen and cleaning necessities. 

Wandering outside, Hana found a store that sold cute plates and cutlery, and other kitchen necessities. Being a er for anything cute, Hana soon found herself walking home with plates & kitchen products that were decorated with pandas, Hello Kitty, and Rilakkuma.


Image result for cute plate sets Image result for cute plate sets
Image result for cute rilakkuma plate sets Image result for cute rilakkuma plate sets

Happy with her purchases, Hana made it back to her apartment and stocked her shelves with the new plates, cutler, and containers. Checking her watch, Hana let out a shriek. Four minutes left? Time had gone by so quickly while she went shopping for her necessities. Freaking out, Hana shoved on her white Adidas Superstars and sprinted out the door. After pressing the down button for the elevator a million times, the elevator doors opened revealing the bright emptiness to Hana's relief. However, her good luck soon tunred for worse as the elevator stopped a good six times as it made its way down. 

"Oh! Taeminnie Abba! It's the nice lady from yesterday" a familiar child's voice said excitedly as two very familiar figures made their way in to the elevator.

Inwardly squealing, Hana smiled at the boy as Taemin stood next to her holding Yoogeun. "Hi Yoogeun!"

"Yoogeun-ah, that's Hana Nuna. Can you say hi to her?" Taemin said smiling at the toddler in his arms. 

"Hi Hana Nuna~ Do you have another candy for Yoogeun?" the baby asked giving her the puppy dog eyes.

Not being able to resist, Hana relented and pulled out another lollipop from her bag and handed it to Yoogeun. The little baby's eyes melted in to little crescent moons as he beamed and waved the candy in his "father's" face. 

"So Hana-ssi, how are you liking Seoul so far?" Taemin asked as the elevator stopped at, yet again, another floor.

Smiling at the friendly question, Hana quickly replied. "It's beautiful here! I've already met so many people and acquired a job only on the first day! But....how did you know I just moved to Seoul?" 

Taemin laughed. "I noticed that you spoke with a Busan saturi and assumed that you just moved here yesterday since you were carrying luggage bags with you in the elevator." 

"Ohhhh~" The two were laughing at Hana's cluelessness when the elevator doors opened revealing the lobby. 

"Oh! Gotta run~ See you guys later! Bye Yoogeun~" Hana said quickly before sprinting towards the entrance doors. 

"Bye Hana-ssi! You should come over for dinner sometime!" Taemin shouted after her as she neared the doors.

"Sure! See you guys later~" 

Upon bursting out the entrance doors, Hana sprinted across the street, causing cars too beep and honk angrily at her.

"Sorry! Sorry! Excuse me, coming through! Excuse meeee~ Pardon me. Sorry!" shouting as she parted through the crowds swimming against her, Hana finally made it to NaMu's....though extremely out of breath.

Bursting through the doors of NaMu's, Hana ran up to the front counter.

"Sorry.....I'm.....late......" Hana barely said, while trying to catch her breath.

Laughing, Hyun Mi patted Hana on the back. "It's fine. You're actually pretty early compared to the other girls. Speaking of which, where ARE they?"

Looking off sternly towards the entrance, Hyun Mi's lips pursed into a stern disapproving frown. 

"SORRY I'M LATEEEEE FORGIVE ME MOTHERRRR~" Maerin shouted running in to the cafe with four other girls following meekly behind her.

Shaking her head in disapproval, Hyun Mi tried to keep her stern face. "Seul Yi, I though I taught you better than that. Yerin, I thought you had better time management. Maerin, Maerin, Maerin...I have nothing to say to you. Bi Ah, you're okay since you just started. Heejin's been here since opening time. Now get your butts to your stations! We've got customers coming~" Hyun Mi said maintaining her manager-unni facade.

"Oh, right! Before you guys go, this is Hana, our new recruit. Take care of her, okay? Now, let's get to work. Fighting!!!"  

Smiling, Hana greeted the girls that she had already met and introduced herself to Bi Ah, the one girl she hadn't met. 

"Hi Bi Ah! I'm Hana, nice to meet you~" 

"Hi~ How did you come to start working here?" Bi Ah asked as the two hurried behind the counter to learn how to operate the coffee machines.

"I was already looking for a job and Hyun Mi just hired me right on the spot yesterday. I said that I could start working right away, so here I am now!" Hana said smiling. "How about you?"

"Well, I'm friends with that whole crazy crew, and I recently moved here to Seoul, so Hyun Mi offered me a job at NaMu's and now I'm temporarily staying at her 'dorm' sort of place." Bi Ah said as the two followed Maerin like little ducklings.

"Okay. So this is the button that turns the coffee machine on and this one starts the whole coffee process of the machine. If the machine doesn't have enough coffee beans in it, this little light will turn red. Then, you just have to refill the machine. The coffee beans are right under the counter, so you don't have to worry about looking for it. The smoothie recipes are under the counter next to the coffee beans bag and if anyone orders bubble tea, just ring this bell. We'll make it and bring it out to you. All the sandwiches and macarons and pastries are already made and are in the warmer in the showcase. If we run out, ring this bell and we'll get to it right away. Any questions?" 

Hana and Bi Ah looked at each other and back at Maerin, both shaking their heads. 

"Okayyy~ I'll be in the back with Seul Yi & Heejin making bubbles for bubble tea. You two can get started by waiting on tables. Hyun Mi usually takes the orders at the cash register. She'll give you guys the orders. Good luck on your first day~" Maerin trilled as she disappeared into the back kitchen.

Hyun Mi poked her head towards the back counter. "Hana & Bi Ah, here are three orders. I wrote the description of each customer on the receipts, but you can open up the cash registers on both sides of mine once you've finished these orders. I'll take one of them since there's three of us. Good luck~" Hyun Mi said before returning to her register. 

The two each took a receipt and went to fulfill their orders. 

"One bubble tea and two strawberry heart macarons. That shouldn't be too hard." Hana mumbled, pressing the button to let Maerin know that there was a bubble tea order.

Going around to the front counter, she took out two strawberry heart macarons and put them in a cute little box for the customer. 

Ding Ding!

Hearing that the bubble tea was already done, she went around to pick it up and looked for the "cute kitty guy" who was wearing a blue collared button-up shirt and khakis. When she found him, her heart melted.

OMG. He looks like an angel from heaven. 

"E-e-excuse me? Did you order a bubble tea and two strawberry heart macarons?" Hana asked the angelic figure sitting in front of her.

The cute kitty guy looked up and gave her the most heartwarming smile in the whole entire universe. 

"Yes. Thank you...." he squinted at her name tag, "Hana-ssi."

"I hope you enjoy~ And thank you for coming to NaMu's~ Please come again~" Hana said giving him a bright smile as her stomach exploded in butterflies.

He let out a musical laugh causing Hana's butterflies to flutter up to her heart and warm her cheeks. "Don't worry. I will! Have a nice day~"

Hana let out a little laugh to relieve this strange feeling inside of her. "You too~" Giving him a little wave, Hana let out a little squeal as she dashed back behind the counter. 

Once she was hidden safely behind a pillar, she put her hands to her chest to calm her beating heart. What IS this feeling? Taking a peek at the cute kitty guy again, Hana made eye contact with the guy and almost let out an inhumane shriek. Scampering back to Bi Ah & Hyun Mi, she quickly stationed herself behind a cash register and tried to look as composed as possible. 

Was this feeling....love? 

 

Image resultImage result