Rubbing It In

Battles of the Heart

 

{Yumi}
The next day I still had to go to school and face him. Even though I knew he would probably do something disgusting and cling to his girlfriend all day. I wonder if he even plans on telling her about the arranged marriage.
 
I put on my school uniform and rushed through my breakfast. The least I could try to do is get to school early and get some peace at the start. I quickly walked to school, ignoring all the other early birds too. I walked into the classroom and I was right, the king and queen weren't here yet.
 
I went to the desk, I pulled my chair out. And I noticed it was a bit wobbly, but I still sank into it and rested my head on the desk for a bit.
 
5 minutes from the late bell ringing, the happy couple walks in giggling holding hands. Every so often, Eli would throw me a glare as would Min. They kissed each other very enthusiastically and went to their desks.
 
"Sup." Eli said to me.
 
"Mhmmm.." was all I said back.
 
"Today, class. We will learn more English skills. Eli, you are exempt from this again. And you grew up in the states right, Yumi?" the teacher called out.
 
"Yes, Mr. Lee." I called back.
 
"Okay, the both of you are exempt from the exercise. Instead practice speaking English to each other." He pointed at the two of us.
 
"Sure, Mr. Lee." we both called back. And Min's deadly glare hit me again.
 
"Ughh.. So you are one of the children from my mom's best friends." he muttered.
 
"If you think I'm happy about this arrangement, I'm not. But it's my responsibility to my parents to listen to them." I said back.
 
"Whatever. It's probably just a lie because my mom doesn't like Min. Though she clearly likes you." He glared at me again.
 
"Did you tell Min yet by the way? I'm sure she would want to know." I asked.
 
"No I didn't tell her. Because I'm not letting it happen. So there's no point in telling her." He said.
 
"Whatever you say, I think if I was your girlfriend I would want to know."
 
"Well, you're not my girlfriend, so it doesn't matter what you think." His voice turned cold, ending the conversation.
 
I shifted a bit and *crack* the chair fell apart underneath me.
 
Author's Note:
I will update again~
MERRY CHRISTMAS! :D
And guys, please don't be silent readers!
COMMENT pleaseeee!! :D