The Next Morning

Battles of the Heart

 

{Eli}

Ughhh.... The sun was shining in my eyes... Which felt swollen from yesterday.

 

I reached out wondering what happened to Yumi. But she wasn't there.

 

So I got up and went to look for her. She was downstairs in the kitchen cooking.

 

"Yumi..." I said sleepily.

 

"Oh... Eli-ssi you're up. Okay." she reached into the freezer taking out two metal spoons. She pushed me to lie down on the couch. "Cup these over your eyes. To reduce the swelling." She walked back into the kitchen, but I did what she asked.

 

"Yumi... What time is it?" I called out.

 

"Hmm?? It's 10am." she called back.

 

"Uhh... Don't we have to go school?" I said.

 

"Don't worry about it. I woke up late too. So our moms called the school saying I was sick and you had some business meeting to go to." she replied.

 

Really.... Our parents did that for us.. I guess they want us to get along...

 

It sounded like she was cleaning up and I heard her walk over. "Okay, take the spoons off." I obeyed. "That's better." She took the spoons away from me and threw them away. "Time for breakfast." she took my hand, leading me to the table.

 

"What is this?" it was full of stuff I haven't seen before.

 

"Oh... It's an American breakfast... I was going to make a Korean one.. But I missed home..." She mumbled.

 

I laughed, "Arasseo. Let's eat then." I sat in the chair next to hers.

 

"Okay! Here, have a pancake." She put it on my plate and I took a bite.

 

"Mmm... This is good!"

 

"Really? Thank you!" she smiled at me. She looked pretty when she smiled too.

 

We continued to eat in silence, and I helped clean up and wash dishes since she cooked.

 

While she was waiting, she watched tv, I walked over to her when I was done. "Yumi.. Umm.. Can we talk about yesterday?" I asked.

 

She looked at me and sighed, "Sure... If you're up for it." she turned off the tv.

 

"Well... First of all.. You won't tell anyone right? What happened last night?" I still had a manly reputation to uphold.

 

"Of course not. I would never." she said.

 

I let out a sigh of relief, "Okay.. Well what did you mean yesterday when you knew.. I mean you're new so if that was going on for a while... Then.. How would you know... Unless you meant something else??" 

 

"I meant something else.." I watched her take in a deep breath. "What I meant by I know was I know how you feel because... I went through the same thing." 

 

"Bwoh?"

 

Author's Note:

here is some of Yumi's back story~~

ish..

we'll see if she has more ;3

as always, my back stories.. are well.. drama-filled

but for now~~ :D ElixYumi moments <3