Honestly in Love

In Love with My Nerdy Oppa

 

Ah... Uhh. In-ah.." Kikwang smiled crookedly, eyeing our awkward position. Sulli just stood, her eyes plastered on something beside Kikwang.

 

As I stood up, Sulli reached over to the small note beside Kikwang. But Kikwang absent mindedly snatched it away. He looked somewhat stunned at the sudden urge of Sulli's to reach over and grab the letter abandoned by his side. Not that I was surprised, I mean who would want some random friend you just officially met this morning to go read your letter? But he was blushing. Oh. A love letter to someone? I in a breath.

 

Lee Kikwang. What do you think you're doing alone, eating in a corner while everybody else is in the cafeteria?" I paused. "Not that I think it's really any better than here." I shrugged and took a seat beside him.

 

Nevermind about the letter you were so protective about," Sulli waved a hand into the air. "Would you mind letting us eat with you from now on? You know. Share this awsome place?" she snapped open her purse. "Infact. We should totally buy lunch together! I'll buy you whatever you want, omma gives me like 100 american dollars each day. But In-ah knows how I am with pigging out on food," she wrinkles her nose. "Ugh. Makes you gain weight." she smiled and patted her flat tummy.

 

Kikwang looked like he was asked whether he was really human or not. "B-BUT. I mean ofcourse, you guys are welcome anytime to eat lunch with me. But uhm... I... You see, my dad just sort of lost his job... And my family's quite short on money." he looked down. "And I have no intention on making you spend unneccesary money on me, Sulli-ssi." he smiled.

 

Sulli gawked. "Wait- Your family... Your dad lost his job..?" I frowned. But I heard his dad was a vise CEO at the Yong Coop. Oh no... This couldn't be because... "And this happened just this morning?" I eyed suspiciously at nothing in particular. Kikwang nodded.

 

I don't know why excactly. But yes, he did.." he shrugged. "Don't worry though, I'm getting a part time job at my mother's noodle shop. So instead of having to pay the workers money, now she'll just have to pay me." he winked. It took me quite a while, I must say, to get to the point. So, now not only is he going to have to study, he's going to have to work too?

 

Kikwang." I said, a stern look upon my face. "I don't think that's quite a good idea. I think the fact that our family is being shut down on the financial part, it's not SUCH a hard problem to solve. If you would just give me sometime, I could maybe talk to the Yong Coop, or whatever company your dad worked at-"

 

WAITTT A SECOND." Sulli gasped. "Yong Coop?! That's YONG Junhyung's parent's company!"

 

I grimaced. Like, really? He's that shallow of a person? I looked down. "Well, uhm... I have a choice for you, Kikwang-ssi". Sulli frowned. "Come to my place and work for us, or- Work in your mother's noodleshop. Or. Work for both." I smiled.

 

Kikwang looked confused. "Uhm... What kind of a job is there that can accept the fact that I might work for most of the time offschool at a noodle shop?"

 

Afterschool, meet at the parking lot." I smiled. Walking away, Sulli nudged me, asking me if I was certain this job would fit Kikwang. "Oh yes, it will."

 

AN HOUR LATER:

 

We arrived at my dad's commercial company, yeupp. The place where all the suitable young mens take those deceiving photos for magazines such as, Vogue, L.A Men, you name it. We also make commercials for different products, and THAT was where I was taking Kikwang. "Mr. Young!" I smiled, waving at the main men of the company.

 

Kikwang-ssi, this is the CEO of my Shinhwa Commercial Coop. I showed him and the photographers one of your school photos. They said you had some... Potential, in you." I smiled. Heck no, I wasn't going to mention the part where they used computer scanners and saw his chocolate abs. I had to say, he had quite a strong built.

 

Kikwang merely nodded. "Please, Kikwang-ssi. This way, we will be shooting the commercial for Body BB for Men in an hour. During this time, we'll get you ready." the assistant smiled. Kikwang looked at me with a questioning look. I pushed his slightly. 'Go'.

 

Ms. Choi, in the mean time, I would like to speaj to you about a topic your father had been meaning to discuss with you." Mr. Young said. His look said it all. This was no joke. I smiled and nodded uneasily. Something told me it had something to do with me and Junhyung's past relationship. "Come with me, please."

 

I followed him to the meeting room, my heels clicking, uniform wavering in the air. I played with my fingers slightly, my father NEVER wanted to speak with me unless it had something to do with my future, and his success upon his company. And I hated him for that. Growing up, I've had enough of all the disapointments my parents sent me along the way. From forgetting my 13th birthday, to not coming to my highschool graduation. It was crule the way they treated my and my brother, and it was time I settled this crap. I followed in, swing the glass doors open, only to find my mom, dad, brother, and the Yong family sitting across. Crap. This truly IS all a bunch of crap.

 

My father openned his mouth, but I stood my ground and interupted. "No. Dad, Minho oppa." I smiled at him. He gave me a wink. "Omma, Mr and Mrs. Yong, Hyung-ah unnie. And. Junhyung." he smirked a hello. "Before you say anything, I'd like to announce that whatever was brewing between me and Junhyung, was over since last week." I cleared my throat. "Junhyung cheating on me didn't just occur once. This is the third time, mind you. I don't give a damn about what each and everyone of you think about my decision. Because Omma, Appa. Should I even CALL you guys that? Because not ONCE in my life were you there for me. Oppa took care of me all along. So I have no responsiblity when it comes to making you guys happy. So why don't you forget about getting me back together with Junhyung? I don't love him."

 

I could see my father's fist crunching up. And now, to add to it... "I'm already in love with someone else." And it wasn't a complete lie...