Part 2

Different

Soonyoung’s POV

 

I was crossing the street after having an argument with my ex, Jihoon and that friend of his. I can’t believe he replaced me that easily. I thought he loved me. I didn’t notice that a bus was coming my way since I was so deep in my thoughts.

 

“Soonyoung-ah!” I heard someone yelled with a familiar voice and I felt someone pushed me off as I stumbled off to the crossroad. Behind me I heard a crash and turned around and saw Jihoon lying in a puddle of blood as his eyes were closed.

                                                                  

“Jihoon hyung!” I heard Mingyu yelled from across the street as I stood there stunned. People started to crowd around. I finally got back into reality when I felt someone pushed me.

 

“Someone please call the ambulance!” I yelled out as I push people away to get to Jihoon. No he can’t die right now. He just can’t. I won’t allow this!

 

I finally got to the middle of the crowd where I saw Jihoon in his own puddle of blood as Mingyu was sitting right beside him crying out as I fell on my knees seeing how pale he was. Not too long after I heard the familiar sound of the ambulance as the paramedics pulled out a stretcher as loaded Jihoon on it.

 

“Only one person can come with us. Who will?” One of them asked. I quickly answer that I was going to go. Mingyu glared at me.

 

“No I’m not allowing an like you going with my hyung. I’ll be the one to go with him.” he tried to argue but I ignore him as I got on the ambulance bus. My face paled seeing Jihoon covered with his own blood as they started to connect the IV.

 

“He’s still breathing but we have to hurry! His heart rate is going down,” one of the paramedics said. The ride to the hospital seems so long. Everything seems to be in slow motion as I sat there and slowly grabbed Jihoon’s hand.

 

“Please Jihoon you have to live,” I whispered over and over again repeating it to myself as an assurance that he wasn’t going to die. He just can’t. We arrived at the hospital as the nurses and the doctors rushed Jihoon as I ran with them pushing the bed.

 

They went in the ER as I tried to go in too but as stopped. “Sir, you can’t go in there,” one of them said as they pushed me away and went into the ER. I couldn’t help but let a few tears drop. A while later I heard loud steps running toward the way as I looked up and saw Mingyu with two other guys: Jeonghan and Seungcheol. Seungcheol and Mingyu glared at me as I did nothing.

 

“You ,” Seungcheol growled as he ran toward me punch me straight in the face. Punches were thrown to my face one after one but I didn’t fight back. I deserve all this.

 

“Cheollie! Stop!” I heard the long haired guy say as he hugged Seungcheol from the back and pulled him away from me. I’m sure my nose was bleeding and my face was probably full of bruises too.  

 

“I swear to god Kwon Soonyoung. If my best friend die in that ing room, I’ll ing murder you,” Seungcheol screamed at me as I just stand there. I have no rights to talk back to him. Jihoon being in that ER is my fault.

 

“Mingyu-ah please take Cheollie outside. He needs some fresh air,” Jeonghan said as he order the younger guy and push his beloved boyfriend. I saw him whispered something and smiled at him. Seungcheol glared at me once more before walking out. I sat down on one of the benches, and it was silent for a while. Then I heard steps coming toward me.

 

“Are you ok? My boyfriend might have hit you too hard,” Jeonghan said with a soft smile as he took someone out from his pocket. It was a handkerchief and handed it to me. I just stared at him. Why was he being nice to me?

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be mad at me too? I hurt Jihoon,” I said to him as I pull my gaze away from him. Jeonghan took my hand and place the handkerchief into my hand and motion me to wipe my nose with it. Then he sat down next to me.

 

“Why would I be mad at you? It wasn’t your fault,” he said back with a mother like smile. I’m starting to doubt the fact that the human in front of me is a guy.

 

“It is my fault. If only I looked both ways before crossing the street. If only I didn’t broke up with Jihoon and hurt him like this. But then he still saved me from dying even after saying that he regret being with me.” I started to cry as I let all these things off my heart. After I finished talking I felt a pat on my back.

 

“It’ll be alright. Jihoon will be fine. He’s a strong kid after all,” we both chuckle at how true his words were.

 

Not too long after that both Mingyu and Seungcheol came back as Seungcheol glared at me more and pulled his boyfriend away from me. Jeonghan chuckled at how his boyfriend will still able to get jealous at times like these. It was all silent until the door opened and the doctor came out. The doctor with the name tag Dr. Jung smiled at us.

 

“Are you guys the friends of Lee Jihoon-sshi?” he asked as we all nodded.

 

“Doctor, is Jihoon ok?” I asked hoping that he will be fine. I would kill myself and follow Jihoon.

 

“Jihoon-sshi luckily survived and he’ll be out of the ER after we do a few more check up on him. Don’t worry he’ll be up in a few hours,” he said as he patted my back and left. I thank bowing and kept thanking him.

 

A nurse came out afterwards and smiled at us. “Can one of you guys follow me to sign some papers?” Seungcheol said he will go as he went to follow the nurse. Then some people brought Jihoon out as he will still on the bed looking as pale as ever. I know that he originally have very pale skin this was way worse than that.

 

“Mingyu-ah you should go back home now. Minseo might be waiting for you,” Jeonghan said as Mingyu grunted but he still went up and left after saying bye. Minseo? I never knew Mingyu had a girlfriend.

 

“It’s not his girlfriend. It’s his sister,” I heard someone say and saw that I was Jeonghan. He smiled at me.

 

“You were thinking out loud.” I nodded at him and gave him a small smile. I barely show my emotions too as but I knew that Jeonghan deserve it after being really nice. I was such a jerk to call him a before.

 

“Let’s go to Jihoon’s room now,” he said as I followed from behind. He will be fine right? He will wake up right? He will still be the Jihoon that I know. Or so I hoped. As the entered the hospital ward behind Jeonghan I saw my boyfriend lying on bed. I could see his dark circles yet he seemed peaceful. I sat down on the seat beside the bed slowly. My hands were trembling as I reach out to hold onto the small hands that fit into mine’s perfectly.

 

“J-Jih-hoon-ah,” I mumbled as I sobbed once again for today. I never knew I could shed this much of tears. I always considered the bad guy; the gangster who doesn’t care about anymore. Because if I act like I don’t care, people would back away and everything would be fine.

 

Jihoon was different. He stole my heart and became my boyfriend. Even though I wasn’t the best boyfriend he had, he stuck with me. Jihoon would always make sure I was home before he would go to sleep. That meant that he stayed up later at night for me to come back home. After noticing that he would wait for me, I never go back home early hoping that he would forget about me. But he didn’t.

 

I was an . I didn’t deserve him at all.

 

“Soonyoung-ah, you should sleep for a while. You seems really tired,” I heard Jeonghan say as sat on the opposite chair of me on the other side of Jihoon’s bed. I shook my head refusing to sleep. I want to be the first one Jihoon sees when he wakes up. But then my eyes betrayed me. I felt my eyelids dropping as I fell asleep.

 

***

 

Jihoon’s POV

 

I groaned softly as I opened my eyes. Everything seemed blurry as I tried to blink it away which worked. I looked to my right and left and saw that I was in the hospital since there was an IV dripping by my side. As I tried to move my hand I felt my hand was held by someone. Who is this? I tried to get my hand out of the grip but I couldn’t. Whoever this person had a very tight grip. Is he my friend? I guess he is since he’s here.

 

I heard the door opened as I looked up and saw Jeonghan hyung. He let out a freaking shriek as he rushed to my side.

 

“My baby Jihoon! I was so worried! You’re finally awake!” he screamed once more as he hugged me. It was awkward because I was still lying on the bed. I guess the person sleeping on my bed side woke up because of hyung’s loud voice. 

 

“You’re here Jeonghan hyung?” he asked as he rubbed his eyes. He’s cute. That blond hair matched him really well.

 

“Soonyoung! Jihoon is awake!” Jeonghan screamed at him one more time. The person who I assumed as Soonyoung widened his eyes as he stared at me.

 

“You’re awake!” he said as he held my hand tighter. I gave him a confused look.

 

“Who are you?”

 

There was a very noticeable silence after my question. Who is he really?

 

“Jihoon-ah it’s not the time to joke. It’s Soonyoung, your boyfriend. Wait, no he’s your ex,” Jeonghan hyung said as he whispered the last part as I couldn’t really hear anything after Soonyoung.

 

“I’m not joking hyung. Who is he? Was he ever part of our group? I don’t remember him at all,” I said with total confusion. I don’t think he was with our group because why would I forget one of my friends that easily? Never for sure.

 

“You don’t remember…” Soonyoung said as I saw tears welled up in his eyes. Frantically I reach out to his face to wipe away a tear that fell. I was shocked with my own actions.

 

“Wait, I didn’t mean to,” I exclaimed as I removed my hand from his cheek but he held it there. I shot him a look. I don’t like people holding me at all. In fact I despised skin ship.

 

“Please, don’t,” he whispered as he held onto my hand tighter. I looked at Jeonghan hyung giving him a look to help me but he just shook his head no. Why is hyung allowing this stranger to hold my hand?

 

“Jihoon-ah wait here for a bit. I need to go get Cheollie,” Jeonghan let out a small smile as he went out my ward leaving me and this Soonyoung who is still holding my hand. A long while of awkwardness pass as he was staring at me. His eyes, they seem familiar but from where? I diverted my gaze toward somewhere else as I felt the awkwardness.

 

“Ummm, can you let go of my hand?” I said as I tried to remove his hand from mine but still didn’t work. His eyes stare right into my soul.

 

“Did you really forget me Jihoon? You aren’t pretending aren’t you?” he asked with this poker face of his. Why would I pretend to forget him?

 

“I’m really sorry Soonyoung-sshi but I don’t know who you are and what the relationship between us was. Were we friends? Were you a very close friend of mine? I don’t think I would forget a close friend of mine,” I smiled at him for a bit. I felt like he was falling apart as he let my hand go.

 

“I guess you can call us friends,” he said with a broken smile. “Do you mind if I go back? I have something to do.” he said as he went off. I didn’t even get to say bye. Not too long afterwards Jeongcheol couple came in.

 

“Where’s Soonyoung?” Jeonghan hyung asked looking around the room to see if that person was still here.

 

“He left saying that he had something to do,” I replied as my best friends sat down on each side of my bed.

 

“How did I end up in the hospital anyways? I don’t remember anything,” I said to them. Both of them shot a look to each other. Seungcheol hyung shook his head at Jeonghan hyung. What are they saying? I don’t understand at all.

 

“You were in a car accident Jihoon-ah. Luckily it didn’t hit you that hard. And you can recharge tomorrow after the doctors check you with a few scans,” Seungcheol hyung said and smile. We chatted for a few more hours before they decided to go back home since it was getting late.

 

That night I slept on the hospital bed feeling that something was missing.

 

***

 

THE NEXT DAY:

 

I finally got discharged from the hospital as I already got annoyed by the white color. I enter the Seungcheol hyung’s car as the couple sat in the front with Cheol hyung driving. They said that they were sending me back home. Well I already answered some questions they asked me and one of them was where I lived. I answered back but they said I forgot that I moved too. I don’t really remember where this new apartment was but I guess I did some good choice of moving. They decided to send me back since I don’t remember where it was.

 

The drive didn’t took long as I arrived to my apartment and waved goodbye since they already told me that I live in room 1317 so I went up the elevator to my floor. I arrived in front of the room but I didn’t remember my password. I was staring at the passcode thingy and without me knowing my fingers went up and pressed the numbers.

 

1-1-0-9-1-4

 

Why did I set this number as my passcode? Well I don’t know but I guess I’ll leave it the same since my body seem to know remember more things than my brain.

 

I went in the apartment as I look around after setting my bag on the floor. What I didn’t expect was to see someone on the couch. I tiptoed there thinking that it was a thief.

 

“WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE?!” I yelled as I started to throw weak punches at that person.

 

“Yah Jihoon-ah stop! It’s me, Soonyoung,” when I heard the person said Soonyoung I stopped punching and looked up and actually confirm it.

 

“Wait you’re my roommate?! How come I didn’t know about this?” I slightly scream not having any memories about having a roommate or so.

 

“I guess I forgot to tell you? I’m sorry,” Soonyoung said with a grin. Somehow that grin was really cute. I have no idea how but I was clinging onto him in a hug and saying how cute he was. Soonyoung froze under my touch. Wait what am I doing? I shoved him lightly off me and shot him an awkward smile.

 

“I’m sorry,” I said. “It’s just you look so cute and squishy.” I grinned at him in which he looked so happy with. He hugged me tightly out of a sudden. I gasped out loudly since I wasn’t expecting this kind of reaction at all.

 

“It’s fine. I like you hugging me,” he mumbled into my shoulder since this stupid height of mine doesn’t even grow at all. Soonyoung tightened his grip around me as he snuggled against my neck. I let a loud giggle since my neck area was sensitive.

 

“Soonyoung-ah let me go. We should eat something,” I said to him as I tried to free myself from him but he wasn’t letting me go. Instead he hugged me even tighter.

 

“Just a few more minutes,” he whispered. “Please just stay like this.” I felt myself froze at his words. His scent seems too familiar but I don’t really know where it’s from. Considering the fact that he’s my roommate, I guess we were close after all. I just stood there in his embrace. It was kind of comforting and weird at the same time. I didn’t know I was this fond of skin ship until now. Soonyoung was very cuddly and I had no idea why I was totally enjoying this.

 

Awkwardly in a way I patted his back. With that action Soonyoung dug his face more into my neck. It was somehow ticklish but I felt comfort from him. Certainly it took more than just a few minutes before Soonyoung pulled away from the hug.

 

“I’m sorry,” he whispered with eyes that looked that tears are going to fall any moment. “It’s just,” Soonyoung said and then paused as if he’s deciding whether he should say it or not. A few moments later he ended it. “I missed you.”

 

***

 

Two months have passed and I still couldn’t remember anything at all. As each day passed by I felt like I was forgetting something really important and I have no idea what it was. With each day Jeonghan hyung, Seungcheol hyung and even Mingyu came by every day. Soonyoung barely even left my side ever since I came back from the hospital. It was weird how he would seem to go into a bad mood whenever Mingyu was here. Were they enemies before?

 

I still don’t understand why I just can remember Soonyoung. It’s like I wipe out all my memories with him and left all the others. I feel bad as he always seem to ask if I remember or not. Some part of me wished to

 

I was finally going back to school too because I was told to rest. God, the things I have to catch up on like wow. As the school ended that day I went out of my class as I was struggling with all the work I was given by the professor. Damn, school was a huge pain in the .

 

“Hoonie hyung!” I heard someone yelled and felt someone heavy jumped on me from the behind. I groaned.

 

“Kim Mingyu get your heavy off me,” I said to him as I tried to push him off me. Thankfully I succeeded. My back still hurts though.

 

“Sorry hyung,” he said with a grin that I can’t help but laugh back.

 

“What are you here for anyways? Depending on the fact that you nearly murder me with your weight,” I asked him as he threw his arms around me and started to push me to the entrance of our school.

 

“Let’s go have some ice cream hyung!” Mingyu exclaimed childishly as he 100% dragged me around. Ok, I get the fact that I’m light and short. But seriously he literally has no respect for his hyung.

 

As we nearly got out of school I heard another voice calling out my name. It was none other than my roommate Soonyoung.

 

“Jihoon-ah let’s go to the mall,” he said with a grin. Apparently it wasn’t good timing because Mingyu growled at him.

 

“Go away Kwon Soonyoung. Hyung may not remember what happened but I do. I don’t even ing know why you are still hanging around him you bastard,” Mingyu hissed as he pushed me behind him. Now my view is completely blocked because of this giant in front of me.

 

“Whatever happened was in the past,” Soonyoung calmly replied to Mingyu. “There is nothing wrong with me wanting to fix my mistakes once again.” Still Mingyu still didn’t stop glaring at Soonyoung. The blond boy lost his patience after a while and began to glare back.

 

“Ummm guys, we all can go together you know. Let’s have some ice cream and then go to the mall,” I whisper not really wanting to get in between these two.

 

“No way hyung, I rather go die in hell than go with this ,” Mingyu said as he shot another glare at Soonyoung.

 

“Same goes here Jihoon. I rather sell off my kidney than go with this person,” Soonyoung smiled at me. Wasn’t he just glaring and insulting Mingyu a second ago?

 

Why am I stuck here? Out of all people with these two who seemed to literally want to cut the guts out of each other. I walked off since the both of them started to argue once again and I was starting to have a headache. My ears started ringing and I saw different scenarios go through my mind.

 

“Uhhhhh,” I groaned and that was all I remember before it turned black.

 

***

 

Soonyoung’s POV

 

It was afterschool and I was trying to find Jihoon since I wanted to take him to the mall. I found him and a smile began to form on my face but it disappeared as soon as I saw who he was with. It was none other than Mingyu. I know that he was just trying to protect his friend but apparently this guy still gets on my nerves since he’s always clinging onto my Jihoon.

 

I called out my beloved Jihoon’s name as I jogged toward them. As I told him that I want him to go to the mall with me, I end up having an argument with Mingyu once again. I swear this guy was my arch enemy during my past life. Why is it that he still doesn’t want me to be with Jihoon?

 

We both were arguing so much that we didn’t notice Jihoon had walked away. I only seem to notice when I heard a loud groan. As I switch my vision to where the voice was from I saw Jihoon lying on the cold floor passed out.

 

“Jihoon-ah!” I screamed. Both Mingyu and I were anxious as we both went to the hospital. Jihoon seem so pale once again and I had flashbacks on when he got into that accident.

 

“Kwon Soonyoung you better not pass out too. Breathe idiot, breath,” Mingyu groaned beside me. “I do not need two people fainting when I get to the hospital. Seriously man, I thought you were badass.” As I was told, I breathe in and out and finally seem to at least calm my heart down.

 

We finally arrive to the hospital and the nurses and the doctor brought out a bed as they placed Jihoon on top of it as they took him in. It was an hour before they finally came out once again.

 

“Are you guys Lee Jihoon’s guardian?” he asked and I stood up in frantic if something had happen to Jihoon again. I nearly die when I lost him a few months ago.

 

“Is he ok?”

 

“Jihoon-nim is fine but I guess he got a shock. He’ll wake up within the next hour,” I sighed in relief as I heard those words. Thank you god for letting Jihoon be ok.

 

“I’ll go and sign the papers,” Mingyu said. “Don’t you dare do anything to my hyung. I’ll call Jeonghan hyung and tell him we’re here once again.” He seemed to whisper the last part but I still heard it. Knowing that it ain’t good memories, I just pretended to not hear anything.

 

I followed the nurse to Jihoon’s room and sat down on the chair next to his bed. I took his hand and held it to my face as I kissed it gently.

 

“Jihoon-ah I know you’re strong. Please wake up,” I whispered.

 

***

 

Jihoon’s POV

 

My eyes sting as I tried to open them. I wasn’t used to the bright white light. It took a few more seconds before my vision became normal once again. I looked around and saw that I was in a hospital bed. I look to my right and saw the person I least expected. Soonyoung? What is he doing here? Does he pity me because I’m in the hospital? Why would he care about his ex?

 

Then I remember all the things that happen the last few months. I got into an accident and woke up with no memories of Soonyoung. I remember his face when I asked who he was. I smile at the memories of how nice Soonyoung was but then I suddenly also remembered out breakup. This guy who was one of the best person in the world the past few months also broke my hearts into pieces.

 

I noticed that my hand was warm and saw that Soonyoung was holding it. I tried to pull my hand away since he only probably only pity me.

 

I succeeded in pulling my hand away but it woke Soonyoung up. He rubbed his eyes cutely. Nope I can’t fall for this. He is a devil in disguise.

 

“Jihoon-ah you’re awake?” he asked as he took my hands once again. I shoved them off and tried to glare at him.

 

“Why are you here? I thought we were all over,” I said to him. I didn’t really want him to be here but that small part of me was really happy that he stayed.

 

“Wait your memories are back?” he asked shocked. I nodded and turned my gaze somewhere else.

 

“Do you mind leaving? You can see that I’m ok now. I don’t need your pity. I’m just your ex. I can’t believe you deceive me the past few months with that nice mask of yours. Please leave,” I said lowly, half wanting him to leave and the other half no wanting him to.

 

“Please look at me Jihoon-ah,” Soonyoung said with his voice nearly broken. I refuse to. He hurt me and now it’s fine he’s hurt. I don’t care at all. That was a total lie yet I convinced myself.

 

Soonyoung placed his fingers on my chin and turn my face so I was facing him.

 

“Look at me Lee Jihoon. I’m nothing without you. Did you know how scared I was when I nearly lost you in that accident a few months back? I thought I was going to die. It was worse knowing that you got into that accident while saving me. Did you know how much I cried? I was so relieved when you woke up. I was like “God thank you for letting him live.” But then everything turned into dust as your memories of me got totally wiped out. I didn’t even know what to do but run away. I finally understood what you went through all this time with me. My heart hurts so much not having you near me. It hurts so damn much. Please Jihoon, I’ll change for you. Just don’t leave me again. I don’t know if I’ll be ok without you.”

 

Soonyoung started to sob. This was the first time I had ever seen him cry. During those years that we dated and all Soonyoung never show his weak, I never knew he was like a kid when he cried. My heart was overwhelmed at his words. My love is not unrequited. He loves me back. He just didn’t know how to show it.

 

I lifted Soonyoung’s chin so that he was facing me. I wipe away those tears that fell from his face. it was as if he was a child once again.

 

“Please don’t cry. I won’t leave you,” I murmured kissing his tears away.

 

“I love you,” he whispered to me and closed the gap between us. Our lips touched; his soft ones against mine. This was the time he has ever said those words to me. My eyes started to get teary and I started to cry while we were kissing. It was passionate as I could feel both his emotions and mine.

 

It’s fine even if he was different. Even if he was different, he’s still mine. After all, it was really worth it to wait for him all these years.

 

Kwon Soonyoung, you’re different but I still love you for who you are…

 

***

Author's Note - End of story. So how was it? I felt like I rushed this story so I'm sorry about that. Thanks for the support ^^