Chapter One

Just a Nudge
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Stop trying to be cute.”

“What do you mean ‘trying’? I’m not trying, I’m achieving.”

“Yeah, okay. What you’re doing is trying to distract me.”

“If I wanted to distract you I’d start doing stuff like this,” Wonho leaned over and laid his head on my shoulder.

“You underestimate my ability to focus when it comes to Katamari Damacy.”

I felt him adjust a little bit, then his nose poked into my cheek.

“You’re pretty,” he whispered, “I can see why Jooheon likes you so much.”

“Shut up.”

It was no secret to Wonho, or anyone else, that Jooheon and I were in a… flirtationship. Mutually interested, but it had never gone beyond some friendly skinship while watching TV. I was trying to play it cool, but I was beginning to suspect I would die before he’d ever make a real move.

What was a secret, from everyone, was that Wonho and I had been… involved. Once upon a time. When we were both less concerned with relationships than instant gratification. It had ended on good terms, clearly, but it still hung over me at times.

I felt Wonho’s hand on my knee.

“Of course,” his other hand was now playing with my hair, “I always knew you were pretty.”

“Shush.”

“And smart,” his fingertips started dragging up my thigh, “and funny,” they passed up my side, “and loud,” up and over my arm.

“How am I loud?” I kept my eyes glued to the ball rolling around on the screen in front of me, “you yourself have teased me for being too quiet.”

“Should I feel proud then?” His hand settled back on my… well it didn’t really count as my knee this time. Lower thigh?

“Why would you be proud?” . Still not big enough to roll up the trains.

“For making you get so loud. But I wasn’t done,” his hand squeezed my thigh slightly.

“Done with what?”

“My list. Where was I?”

“Pretty, smart, funny.”

“Right. Scoot.”

He pushed me forward on the sofa slightly. Climbing behind me, he settled himself with me between his legs. He pulled my hair back, then hooked his chin there to watch the screen.

“Pretty, smart, funny, hmm… Apparently you’re not loud, though I don’t agree with that. What else…”

His fingers tapped dotted lines along my thighs as he thought. My own fingers pressed onwards, searching for the next biggest item I could roll up.

“Got it!”

“That took longer than I expected.”

“You’re nice, you’ve got good style,” his hands were both slipping high on my thighs, “you’ve got a great body,” his hands were gripping my hips now. He turned his head towards my neck, using his nose to trace my jawline, “and you feel so ing good on me when you get loud.”

I paused the game, and dropped the controller. Standing up I headed straight for my jacket.

“Oh man, look at the time I have to go… to somewhere… that’s not… here.”

Wonho was laughing, still in his spot on the sofa.

“Come on, stay here. I’m just teasing you. Jooheon will be sad if he comes home and finds out he missed seeing you.”

I put on my best lecturing face and looked down at him, my arms crossed.

“I’ll stay but none of,” I waved my hands at him, “that.”

“That’s what you get for ignoring me,” Wonho stuck his tongue out.

Why am I friends with this idiot? I sat down next to him and picked up the controller again.

“You’re the one that suggested Katamari.”

“I forgot how into it you get,” he pouted, crossing his arms, “the least you could do is let me cuddle while you play.”

“After what you just did?”

“Come on,” he whined, “you know I’m the best at… cuddling.”

“What is with you today?”

“Nothing,” he groaned, flopping his head back, “well it was nothing, but then Changkyun said something.”

“Huh,” I sat down next to him, unpausing the game, “what did he say?”

“Well, thanks to his hormones,” he lifted his head, giving my legs a pointed look, “he couldn’t help but notice your skirt today.”

“Hm,” I glanced down at the pleated fabric, “I was hoping Jooheon would notice it.”

“Trust me. If Changkyun keeps pointing out your honey thighs, Jooheon will have no choice but to notice it.”

“You think he’ll like it? Also,” I paused the game again, turning to give Wonho an incredulous look, “honey thighs? I thought that phrase only existed in magazines.”

“Changkyun is still pretty young,” Wonho shrugged, “also I’m blaming him for making me look at you like that again.”

“Right, well,” I handed Wonho the controller, “you finish this level.”

“What?”

“I’ll give you a minute to chill out while I raid your kitchen.”

Wonho rolled his eyes, but took the controller without complaint.

Kihyun and Hyungwon were at the breakfast bar when I entered the kitchen. They were both on their phones, lost in messages or games. They were both so intent on their tasks that neither of them seemed to notice when I started going through the shelves.

I spotted my target. The bag was, of course, set on the top shelf. I looked back at the two boys, but they were both lost to this world. I shook my head, and then clambered up onto the counter.

Kneeling on the counter I succeeded only in pushing the bag even further back on the shelf. I groaned in frustration.

“Need some help?”

I looked down at Kihyun, who was now standing by my side.

“Aren’t you basically the same height as me?”

“Right,” he nodded, then turned, “Hyungwon?”

“Nope. I want to watch you two struggle.”

I shot the tallest member a dirty look before turning back to Kihyun.

“Alright, you be my spotter.”

“What are you…” Kihyun trailed off as I stood carefully on the counter. I grabbed the bag and looked around a bit.

“Man, you hide all the best stuff up here!”

“It’s so Minhyuk doesn’t eat it all. Now please get down.”

I looked down at Kihyun. His ears were red and he was staring directly at the floor, his arms outstretched towards me.

“Just give me a second.”

I turned my attention back to the shelf. I was in the process of grabbing another bag when I heard a third boy’s voice.

“What are you doing?!”

I looked down to see that Jooheon had taken Kihyun’s place. He put his hands on my thighs, holding my skirt against my skin.

“You can’t just climb up there dressed like that! What if… Kihyun coul

Please log in to read the full chapter