Two

That Lip Balm Hunt [Hiatus]

Mina’s POV



 

“Umm… where was the office again?”

 

I scratched my head a few times, looking right and left to determine which way should I go. It’s a really huge place, I got lost a few times before when I came here for my first appointment all alone. The floor map of the building was not helping too. It was like a maze, purposely made for people to lose one’s bearing, I guess. Especially for a noob girl like me.

 

“Ahh.. this is annoying. I should have just waited at the lobby.”

 

Just as I was about to head back to the elevator, a lady appeared from a room. She spotted me from afar, a smile adorning her face.

 

“Oh my!” She approached me, her steps a bit too excited for meeting a stranger like me. “You’re Dr. Kim’s daughter, aren’t you?”

 

“Y-Yes.” I politely bowed, still wondering who this beautiful lady in front of me is.

 

“You didn’t changed much since the last time I saw you,” She giggled, her eyes falling on my hair. “Except for your dyed hair, that is. It looks nice.”

 

I didn’t know how to react except to dumbly gave a slight nod to her. It’s not in my nature to socialize with people, moreover with an unknown person like her. I just gave her a blank stare, probably too intimidating for the lady’s smile to faltered a bit.

 

“I guess you didn’t remember me, huh?”

 

“I’m sorry.” I bowed.

 

She smiled, albeit seeming forced. “No, no! Well, it was such a long time ago since then..”

 

I scrunched my forehead at the fallen face. She was so cheerful before, her current expression just didn’t suit her at all. I kinda liked her smiling face. Sensing my worried look, she put on another gentle smile.

 

“So, what are you doing here?”

 

“I’m looking for Dr. Kim’s office.”

 

The lady giggled, a hand covering . “Don’t tell me you’re lost?”

 

I can feel heat rushing up my face as I hid behind the bangs of my hair. Her laugh stopped, prompting me to look up to her. She pointed at a direction, “Just walk straight till the end of the hallway. You can see Dr. Kim’s room at the end of it.”

 

My gaze followed her direction, slowly nodding my head with the info.

 

“Don’t worry. You won’t miss it.” She looked at her wristwatch, “I got to go. It was nice seeing you again, Mina.”

 

I was surprised she even knew my name, my mouth was gaping a bit before she laughed, her hand motioning at her jaw. I ducked my head shyly, taking a step back to distanced myself from the warmth emanating from this kind person.

 

“Thank you..”

 

“See you later, Mina-yah.”

 

I gave another bow, before a thought crossed my mind. “M-May I know your name, Miss..?”

 

“It’s Hani-unnie.” She gave a wink before bidding goodbye.

 

“Hani-unnie… huh?”

 

I never heard of that name. Oh, whatever. I need to get to his office. I’ve wasted a lot of time anyway. Finally reaching my destination, I knocked on the door with a golden plate of “Dr. Kim Heechul” name in bold. It sure looked shiny for someone of his status. A faint voice from inside welcomed me in.

 

“You’re late.” The man still wearing the white labcoat with a rimless glasses said without taking his eyes off the papers he’s working on the table.

 

Late? What did he meant by late? Is he expecting me to be here?

 

“Uhh, sorry I kinda got lost...?”

 

He finally looked up, shocked with my appearance. He must have been expecting someone else.

 

“Eh, Mina-yah? What are you doing here?” He took off his glasses, the tiredness can be seen on his eyes. “I thought I told you to wait at the lobby.”

 

His long, disheveled white hair would’ve made everyone believed that he’s an old grandpa at one look. Take out those glasses and give him a sleek haircut, people would fall for his attractive and good-looking face.

 

“It’s a bit lonely waiting at the lobby..” My eyes scanned his room, “.. and I’ve been wanting to visit your office for a while now.”

 

“Aigoo, Mina-yah. I’d love to give you a tour around the place,” He pinched the bridge of his nose, “But now is not the time.”

 

“Oh… I’m sorry to interrupt.”

 

“No, no! Don’t be!” He looked everywhere, searching for something before reaching for an envelope. “Tell you what. Why don’t you do me a favor, Mina-yah? Can you do that for me?”

 

“Anything that could keep me from boredom.”

 

“Here.” He handed me the envelope, “Could you pass this to my assistant? He’s waiting on the twelfth floor.”

 

“Um, could you be more specific? I actually got lost finding your room earlier.”

 

“Just go to the first room you see once you’re out of the elevator.”

 

Oh. Yeah. That's helpful enough. He gave me a smile before motioning me to hurry with the task, banging the door on my face. I let out a sigh. He didn’t even invite me to sit. He could have just told me he didn’t want me here in the first place. I didn’t realize I almost crushed the envelope as I check for the name on it. I wouldn’t mind giving a tour of this place by myself, I guess.







 

----------






 

“Can I go now?”

 

“Huh? You’re still here?”

 

If I can shoot lasers with my eyes right now, I’m pretty sure I would’ve kill him a few minutes ago.

 

“Didn’t you just asked me to wait for a bit?”

 

“I did?” His uncared expression just made me more annoyed. I really wanted to throw the phone on this reception desk if not out of politeness. “You can go now.”

 

Not even a sorry. What a jerk. Just wait till I tell about you to father.

 

“Thank you.” I deadpanned, not that he cared.

 

I stomped away, slamming the poor, innocent elevator button a little too hard to vent out my frustration. I was cursing the man internally while waiting for the damn slow thing to open. Ugh… If I knew things are going to be like this, I would have left first on my own instead of waiting for father.

 

I quickly got inside, still grumbling of my misfortune. Taking out my phone, I checked for the time, the same time the door opened. My eyes were still on the phone screen as I took a step forward, only to be pushed back by a force.

 

“Huh?”

 

Something was wrapped around my neck, restraining my movement. I was still in shock, I could only see a pitch black hallway with two figures not too far from me and a few people lying lifelessly on the floor. I tried struggling, but stopped when I felt a sharp cold metal being pressed on the side of my neck. My eyes widen at the reflection of the protruding metal on my neck, fully knowing what the heck that thing is.

 

“DON’T MOVE OR I’LL KILL HER!”






 

-------------------------






 

“What’s the situation?”

 

“We got an unknown company but I can’t seem to get anything from this Blackie person. Oh, looks like our mousey found himself a hostage.”

 

“What?!”

 

“The screen is too dark. Ther-…”

 

“I can see her. She’s wearing a school uniform, Nabongs.”

 

“Wait, a student?!”

 

“At this time of the day?! Aishh.. what is she even doing there in the first place?”

 

The agent calmly listened to her team, all the while calculating the movements of her attacker as well as her target. The distance between the three of them was that of a triangle; the faster would reach to the target first. She would have jumped to glasses man first, she got the speed. But there’s a problem.

 

The hostage in his hold.

 

However, it didn’t seem like the attacker was the least bothered by the school girl’s presence. The masked person unsheathed her katana, getting ready to slash them both if she needed to.

 

“I’M SERIOUS HERE! IF YOU TAKE A STEP FORWARD, I’LL SLIT !”

 

She can’t let an innocent person die. Not on her watch. She is Moguri, after all.

 

“GirlCrush, can you handle Blackie?”

 

“I’m on it.”

 

Taking a deep breath, Momo closed her eyes before taking a leap forward. It might seemed like she had disappeared into thin air from a normal person’s eyes, when in fact she was running with the speed of light. Sensing the agent’s disappearance, the masked attacker took her cue too. However, she stopped when a bullet whizzed past the window beside her face, barely missing a perfect headshot.

 

“W-WHAT..? WHERE DID SHE GO?!”

 

He can see the blonde hair appearing here and there, the fast movement making his eyes blurry. Frustrated, he quickly jammed his fist on the elevator’s button. It was just a few meters more till Momo can reach them, only to be blocked by the masked person’s sudden attack. The latter swung her blade, merely missing a few strands of the yellow hair due to the owner’s agility. She ran back to the elevator, only to be held back with a hold on her neck. The masked attacker slammed the blonde’s body on the wall, her katana ready to stab through her enemy’s body to end her life for good.



 

BANG!



 

"Gotcha." Jeongyeon commented after relentlessly following the fast-moving black intruder from her scope. The sniper managed to directly hit the hilt of the katana, successfully disarming the attacker. Taking the chance, the agent kicked her foe in the gut before giving a roundhouse kick to her face.

 

“Moguri, mousey’s getting away!”

 

“Where?”

 

“The back entrance. You need to reach him now!”

 

“Any shortcut?”

 

“There’s on-”

 

“OOFF!!”

 

A fist had smacked her hard on the face, she could almost see stars behind her eyelids. She had just regained her consciousness when the attacker had jumped down the window, probably trying to get to the target first.

 

“Is she serious? It’s the tenth floor, for crying out loud!”

 

“I’m following her.”

 

“What? Moguri, not you too-... YAHH!!”






 

---------






 

Mina’s POV



 

“W-Where are you t-taking me?”

 

“Just shut up and follow me!”

 

“B-But…”

 

“I really don’t want to hurt you, okay? So just be good and follow whatever I told you to!”

 

I didn’t know what else to do except to nod and follow his orders. He took out a phone, his fingers frantically typing something. Well, he's clearly unsuccesful with that since his fingers are huge and shaking so much.

 

“Damn it!”

 

“Umm… you could just call the person, you know? It’s faster that way..?”

 

He glared, annoyed with my smartass mouth who didn’t seem to get the memo that I’ve been kidnapped and it’s really appropriate for me to shut up for a while or that smartass is going to turned into some sorry later.

 

The geeky kidnapper put down the silver suitcase, taking out a small thing from inside before turning to me. “What are you looking at?”

 

I quickly looked away, gulping in fear when I feel him approaching me from behind. He gave me a few pats on my waist, whispering dangerously close to my ear. “Be nice and stay like that. Don’t you even dare move an inch from that position.”

 

Just then, his phone ringed. I heard his footsteps walking away from me. I dared myself to take a peek at him. He was so into the conversation, it’s a good opportunity for my escape. Taking a deep breath, I took the suitcase on the floor and swinged it with a full force towards his head.

 

“OWW! Wha-.. HEY YOU!”

 

Oops. I thought he would at least passed out from it. I quickly took off in a sprint as I heard him shouting from my back. The road was dark and I’m blindly running without any sense of direction. I can only hope for Kami-sama to hear my prayers, and hopefully answer them with no delays.

 

“COME BACK HERE! YAH!”

 

Reaching to an intersection, I made a left before stopping with a screech.

 

“No way!”



 

End of Mina’s POV

 

 



 

The red head thought she was succeeding in outrunning her kidnapper, only to reached a dead end. She quickly turned around, hoping she can take another turn but the man was already there. Panting for his breath, the man slowly approached Mina with the knife he snatched earlier, pointing it dangerously to the poor girl’s direction.

 

Mina was trembling in fear as the man raised the weapon up in the air, the blade shining with the reflection of a street light. With no ounce of strength left in her body and no more will to move, Mina stood there lifelessly, her eyes stucked on the steel that will take away her life any seconds now…




 

...only to have her view blocked with a figure abruptly landing in front of her.

 

“Eh?!”

 

Shocked, Mina stumbled backwards onto the cold ground. She slowly retreated until her back met the wall of the dead end road. The place was dim, she couldn’t see anything except for the bright color of the savior’s hair.

 

“Yellow…” She mumbled.

 

Suddenly, the person threw a small box over her shoulder, landing perfectly on Mina’s lap. The latter reluctantly picked up the item, only to be confused by it.

 

 

It was a box of Pocky.

 

“Hold it for me, will you?”

 

Just as fast as the words end, Momo also vanishes into the dark alley. She still need that guy in one piece and apparently her opponent is not on the same page as her. The agent was about to chase after him when a group of armed men appeared.

 

“A-About time you g-guys came! What took you so long?!”

 

The middle guy, who acted like the leader, press his earpiece before nodding to his subordinates.

 

“H-HEY! What’s the meaning of this?!” He shouted when all of the men pointed their guns on him.

 

They said you are no longer needed.”

 

“W-WH.. Wh… WAIT! WHAAAT?!!”

 

Just as they were about to pull the trigger, screaming can be heard from the back. They turned to the commotion, finding the agent breaking their subordinate’s hand in the process. She pushed her own gun on her victim’s head, prompting the leader to take a step forward.

 

“Who are you?”

 

“You said you don’t need that puny guy anymore, right?” Momo jutted her lips on the cowering glasses guy, still chewing the gum in . “Why don’t we do a barter?”

 

Momo waited for a few seconds for the leader’s decision when he suddenly smirked, raised his gun and shoot the man on the blonde’s clutch, killing him on the spot. Sensing where things are going, Momo quickly jumped out of the way as shower of bullets were raining on her previous spot. She glanced at the mutilated body she held just now; these guys are no joke.

 

And Momo doesn’t feel like playing either.

 

“I’m cutting comm for a while, Leader.”

 

"About time, Moguri! I was about to snooze off just now. Leader, I'm getting a soda. You want one?"

 

 

“Yah! Do you really need to say that here? Ah, Jjinjaa, Nabongs..."

 

 

“Umm, Leader-nim? May I…?”

 

 

"Oh, yeah yeah. Do whatever you want. I mean, ehem... Request granted.”

 

Spitting out her gum (on a wrapper, of course), the blonde closed her eyes for a while before humming a song. The blonde looked like she's sleeping, gliding herself into the group of armed people, shooting them with perfect accuracy and precision while avoiding the stray bullets coming her way. Mina, who was silently snooping on them from behind a waste container, was at awe. The sight should be gruesome, frightening, even traumatising for her, but she was so focused on the blonde person, everything else was blocked out from her view.

 

“It looks like… she’s dancing.”

 

Indeed, even the agent’s team would agree with Mina. They were all at ease for now, enjoying the so called killing-Moguri-machine dancing her way out to kill those guys. They’ve seen it many times, and every single time the Moguri fight, it still fascinated them. Believe me, Nayeon and Jihyo probably had their eyes glued to the screen with their mouths open while enjoying their drinks, not that they were able to take a sip in between.

 

A few minutes had barely passed but Momo already had all of the men crouching on the ground; some writhing in pain, some screaming of their dislocated joints while some were bleeding due to misfired shots. No, Momo didn’t use her guns. It’s a waste of ammo to use them on these pitiful guys.

 

“N-No-Nooo!! Don’t k-kill me too! PLEASE!”

 

Momo sighed as she walked to the trembling glasses guy, “Chill. I’m here to capture you alive without putting you to harm.”

 

“R-Really?”

 

“That is... if you cooperate with us without any-”

 

“TAKE ME! JUST TAKE ME ANYWHERE! I’LL GLADLY GO WITH YOU!!” He willingly surrendered himself, crouching on the agent’s feet for her mercy.

 

Rolling her eyes, Momo tapped on her earpiece. “We got the mouse, who is too eager to follow us.” She whispered the last part, the others snickering loudly with the scene earlier.

 

“Well done, Moguri. Meet up at the coordinated location. We’ll pick you up from there.”

 

“Jokballl~ Here we comeee~!!!”

 

The agent let out a deep sigh. Another mission done, she thought to herself. Her hand reached into her jacket, taking out a small packet of a light snack. She was about to take a bite of it when an alarming voice caught her attention.

 

“WATCH OU-!”




 

SLASH!




 

The man that was supposed to be under her protection had just been stabbed; the blade of a katana was pierced through his chest. The blade was pulled out swiftly, the glasses guy now gurgling and sputtering blood from his mouth. Momo raised her head to be met with the same eyes she once got enraptured with; the masked girl. The blonde prepared herself for battle, only to be baffled when the attacker sheathed her katana, ready to leave.

 

“Hey!”

 

The masked girl turned around, unaware of the roundhouse kick about to be met with her face. Momo gave her another blow, but was swiftly blocked with her hands. She gracely did a few back handsprings, making quite a distance between the both of them. The attacker intended to unsheath her katana; this annoying person is dawdling her precious time. However, her eyes fell on the silent figure watching them from her hidden spot, probably scared for her life.

 

“Uhh, guys? Patrol’s incoming!”

 

“Moguri, GirlCrush, get out of there! Hurry!”

 

The sound of sirens can be heard from afar, alerting Momo and her attacker. Just as Momo returned her attention to the masked figure, she was already gone. The agent was about to leave the place too when the sight of a pale girl standing not far from her caught her eye. She remembered her; the school girl.

 

She can’t risk having her face exposed to the public but the girl is already shaken to the core, there’s no way she’s gonna remember clearly what grotesque experience she just witnessed today. After all, she is an innocent bystander. She didn’t deserve all of this.

 

“Hey, you alright?”

 

“Y-Yello-...”

 

 

"Yello..?"

 

Before Momo could get a proper response, the red hair girl passed out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: Just coz MiMo is so darn teasing last night, I just had to post this! Tho this chap is nothing much ehehe... mianheyoo~

I think my soul is at the brink of leaving my body cause of MiMo's 24Hours. Like, what?! I'm not even ready yet for HTS and they decided to do this to me without any warning?!!! Thankfully I still got extra lives in my pocket *pat pat* I don't think I can update more after HTS aired... kekeke

Thanks for the subscriptions (I don't know if this is worth your mimo pastime) and hopefully you enjoy this too. GTG save my soul from 24hrs MiMo ver. I need the audio anyone search it for me!!! (XoX)