One

That Lip Balm Hunt [Hiatus]

 

A figure was leaning on a wall on top of a rooftop, overlooking the cities while looming around the neighborhood, awaiting for her target in boredom. She was bobbing her head up and down as if a music is being played in her ear. She got her ears plugged, although it’s for a different purpose. The habit seemed to get her entertained and always in alert.

 

She was clad in a pair of black tank top and leather shorts with two SIG P2210s strapped on her shoulder holster, the dark green jacket making a perfect cover of her weapon of choice. Her bouncing bright yellow hair tied in ponytail might give away her hiding in the shadows, but there’s nothing to fret about. It’s the loud sound forming from her lips that annoyed her leader to the core. Not that she cared, of course. After all, she’s a highly trained undercover agent that is most sought for by everyone, politically or illegally, mostly because of her incredible skill in covert and combat mission… as well as killing.




 

MUNCH MUNCH...




 

“Can you lower down the munching, Moguri?”

 

“Hmm?” She hummed lazily, her eyes still looking out for her target’s arrival.

 

“Aish… You’re distracting me with the sound.” The leader whined into the earpiece, a snicker can be heard on the background.

 

“Let her be, Leader-nim. You know how she is.”

 

The blonde could hear a loud sigh coming from her leader. She scratched her head apologetically while patting her stomach-slash-abs, “I’m sorry, Leader. I’ve been standing here for an hour, I’m getting hungry.”

 

“Aigoooo, my Moguri~” The other voice chimed, “Tell you what? Let’s get some food after this is over, okay?”

 

“Really?” She wanted to scream and jumped in happiness, but refrained since she’s still on a  stealth mission.

 

“Yah! Did you said food?!” Another loud voice boomed into the speaker, the others could almost feel their ears at the brink of getting explode.

 

“Aish! You wanna make me deaf?!” The agent could imagine their leader glaring at the short-haired sniper waiting on standby just in the vicinity of her location.

 

“Yeah! Let’s get jokbal and eat to our heart's’ content! You agree, Leader?”

 

“Haa… Sure, sure. It’s your treat this time, Nabongs.”

 

“Eh? Wait.. I didn’t-”

 

“ASSA!!! You’re the best, Nabongs!”

 

“Hold it- YAH! Wait a sec-..”

 

“Ahhh… I can already taste the jokbal in my mouth~”

 

The agent was gulping loudly from the mention of food. The sight of steaming jokbal appeared before her twinkling eyes, the nonexistent smell already got her drooling and stomach grumbling. Just as she was enjoying her food fantasy, the sound of an engine roaring on the empty road woke the blondie from her reveries. Stuffing the last piece of gummies into , she crouched down with a binocular in hand.

 

“The mouse has been sighted.” She confirmed into the mouthpiece.

 

“What’s the situation, GirlCrush?”

 

“Mousey here has five hippos with him. And by hippos, means they are really huge, mind you. Others are just small fries.” The blonde nodded with the sniper’s information, “I can take them down in a minute.”

 

“A minute? Pfftt… I can do better than that.”

 

“Really? Heh… I remembered someone holding a combat knife upside down during our training days, Nabongs.”

 

“Yah! Don’t bring that up!”

 

“Stop it. Focus on our mission.” The other two gave a silent yes before the leader take charge of the communication. “Moguri, we need the mouse alive. We need his access to the data or this will all be a waste. Nabongs will lead you into the building to his position.”

 

“I’ve hacked the surveillances. Once he’s inside, he’s mine.” She giggled eerily.

 

“Can I get a scratch or two on him?”

 

“Moguri…” The leader warned her.

 

“Fine, fine… I’ll keep it to minimum.”

 

“That is mostly expected, coming from you.”

 

The blonde puffed out her chest with a smug smile, feeling proud of the leader’s high confidence and trust on her.

 

“The mouse is already inside the cage.” Nabongs informed them, getting their fully alerted attention again.

 

The agent pulled out her gun from the holster, checking one of the twin guns. Satisfied with her beloved weapon, she popped a gum into .

 

“You ready, Moguri?”

 

“Anytime you are, GirlCrush.”

 

“I’m right behind ya.”

 

She closed her eyes for a small prayer, blowing her gum into a balloon. As it pops, she opens her eyes, the iris glowing a deep dark brown color in contrast to her radiant hair. She smirked.

 

“It’s showtime.”





 

---------------






 

“Are we done yet?”

 

“Just a bit more, Miss Myoui.”

 

She nodded, silently sighing as the fatigue is slowly getting on her nerves. The tests are exhausting her, mentally and physically. It didn’t do her justice that she had to attend school the whole day and ballet class straight after. But having check ups till late nights? She’s just a high schooler, for heaven’s sake. She didn’t even understand in the first place why she needed to underwent all these treatments and tests for the past few years. It all began with that freak accident; her life had turned upside down since then.

 

“Other than your drastic weight loss, everything seems fine.” The nurse said while scribbling on the medical chart. “Is there something bothering you, Miss Myoui? School stuff… friends, perhaps?”

 

It’s obviously because of the tests going on every day was what she wanted to say. But being the introvert girl she is, the girl merely shook her head with a polite smile.

 

“Just the usual.” The latter shrugs, “You know, quizzes and homework.”

 

“I see…” She nodded, not catching the fake expression on her patient’s face. “You should get a lot of rest. Don’t stress yourself too much, okay?”

 

“Sure.” Tell that to your supervisor.

 

“Okay, we’re done for now. Don’t forget to come again tomorrow after your ballet class.”

 

She wanted to ask what for and what’s with the frequent appointments, but knowing the nurse wouldn’t know either, she decided to let it slide and asked the doctor in charge the next time he’s around.

 

“Thank you for your work.” She bid politely.

 

Fixing her messy red hair, the girl went out of the room to the almost dark hallway. It’s already late, there’s no way the place will be crowded with people. Just the occasional bumping with office workers and researchers who had to work late night. It’s a research facility, anyway. Not a supermarket.

 

Her phone buzzed, indicating a message. Opening the text, she rolled her eyes.


 

From: Father

Are you finished yet? Wait at the lobby.

I’ll take you home.


 

She took a glance on her wristwatch. The last train must have probably left and it’s really late for a school girl like her to take a cab alone. Contemplating for a while, she opted for a decision. Instead of waiting at the empty lobby, she made her way to the elevator to his father’s office on the ninth floor of the building. It’s not like she’s breaking any rules or anything. She’s just a teenage girl wanting to see her father’s workplace, that is all.

 

Nothing’s wrong with that... right?




 

------------




 

“The floor is clear. I’ve covered all the cameras.”

 

“Roger that.”

 

The blonde entered through the emergency exit, scanning the place for any occupants. Jeongyeon did a good job clearing the back entrance off of the small fries for her; she didn’t even worked a muscle to get inside. It’s only a matter of time before they raise the alarm, but that’s good enough for the agent to get her job done.

 

Once she’s assured the cost is clear, the agent briskly walked through the hallway towards an elevator. She paused in a corner, the numbers blinking with every stop the elevator had to take. With a loud ding, it stopped on her floor. Squeezing herself in between a small slit on the wall, she braced herself for whatever appearing behind the closed elevator. The door open, and she released her breath. There was no one. Taking the opportunity, she quickly walked in, pressing the number of the desired floor.

 

Crossing her arm, she calmly lean on the side, slowly chewing on a gum while hearing the fusing of her unnies through her earpiece.

 

“Seriously, who designed this freaking building? What the heck are they thinking not putting an emergency exit on that floor?”

 

“Probably for cases like this.”

 

“I bet they’d die of suffocating first if there’s a fire.”

 

She let out a muffled giggle from the sniper’s comment. It’s weird but true. There was no emergency stairs leading to the ninth floor and somehow security is really tight only on that certain room. It only meant one thing; they must have kept it there.

 

“Sleeping hippos in your direction, Moguri.”

 

“Finally.” She murmured to herself, getting her gun ready. She cracked her stiff neck, suddenly getting an idea as she looked up.

 

Two burly men in black suit with shades were waiting outside. They turned around when the elevator stopped with a ding. They looked at each other, the taller one taking a step inside since the other was known for being a er for ghost stories. Finding nothing out of the usual, he turned back with a mocking laugh to his friend, not sensing a figure looming just above his head.

 

“HURK!”

 

Wrapping her legs tightly around the man’s neck, she swing her body backward, slamming his head on the wall with a loud thud.

 

“Seriously, guys? Can you really see your enemy with those shades on?”

 

“What the- OOFF!”

 

A foot met with the other’s face, cracking his jaw in the process. Before he can react, she directed a hard punch on his gut. Not wasting time, she ended their lives each with a trigger of her gun.

 

“I’ve shut down the lights, Moguri. Can you see the place?”

 

Just as being told, the hallway suddenly turned dark. Adjusting her eyes to the dim place, the agent nodded. “Not a problem for me, unlike those guys.”

 

“Heh… you’re not called Moguri for nothing.”

 

“I still got you as my second eyes.”

 

She grinned with the cooing sound made by Nayeon.

 

“Yah, yah… can you guys stop flirting?”

 

“Jealous much, GirlCrush?”

 

The blonde shook her head from the childish bantering of the old-married couple.

 

“Moguri, they’re coming.”

 

“How many?”

 

Before she can get a reply, three men appeared from a room, each with a gun already pointed to her direction.

 

“WHAT’S GOING ON HERE?!”

 

“There is-..”

 

“They’re here, Nabongs. Thanks for the heads up, anyway.”

 

“TAKE HER DOWN!”

 

Instead of taking for cover, she advanced forward in a lightning speed. Running in a zigzag pattern, she avoided all the bullets with ease. Reaching the first guy, she struck an uppercut on his chin before crouching low. Sweeping her foot, she tripped him to the floor, not before smashing his head on the floor. Jumping to her feet, she ran behind another man, pulling his left hand along to his back while her free hand did a chokehold on him. She shielded herself from the bullets with the man’s body, killing him in the process.

 

“Damn it!” He cursed when his gun was out of ammunition.

 

Throwing the useless ammo away, he took out a combat knife, swinging it around like a pro. She watched him played around with the knife, her eyes never leaving his. Just as he was about to lurch to her, she took off first and stabbed his heart with the knife.

 

“Ahh, mou… is that it?”

 

She sighed deeply, disappointed with the level of security she had to gone through to get to the target. It was more like a child’s play. She had wasted her time playing with this guys, she should have been home sleeping right now. They're not even worth a bullet of her gun.

 

“W-Wha… what? What happened here?! Who are you?!”

 

The agent turned her attention to the frightened man standing behind the doorframe of a room. He was wearing a thick eyeglasses with huge black rims, holding a small grey suitcase. It was like his life is depending on the thing he’s holding.

 

It must be in there, she thought.

 

“Hey, are you the Professor?”

 

“Huh?” He gulped a few times, stuttering while holding the suitcase closely to his chest. “Wh-what if I’m n-not?”

 

She tilted her head, not sure to believe him or not. She took a step forward, only to halt her step when she saw a reflected light on her peripheral view. She looked to her side, seeing a figure jumping over her head.

 

“Moguri, watch out!”

 

She jumped out of the way, a long katana had already embedded itself on her spot earlier. If only she was a tad late, her body might have been cut to half. Pulling out the long sword, the figure turned his attention to the four-eyed man.

 

Knowing her attacker intention, she fired on his direction to get his attention. Their eyes met; the gaze was of no emotions at all. He hid his face with a mask, only his pair of killing eyes was uncovered. She tried to study the person in black, but the dim light wasn’t helping. Only his eyes were shining despite the darkness of the hallway. The black pupil was void of any feeling, like a blackhole. The agent slightly trembled from excitement; it was the second time she had this feeling. Like meeting a fated nemesis. That’s what she felt, and it thrilled her.

 

They were so into the long staring match, the man decided to make his run. The attacker ran after him but the blonde blocked her with a punch on the face. He dodged, retorting with a high-kick. The agent rolled out of the way, propelling herself to his direction with a low cut punch. She smirked when the punch managed to hit the attacker.

 

“You’re good.” She commented.

 

“Out of the way.”

 

“Oh! Wait, you’re a girl? I thought-”

 

“Move.”

 

The agent was actually trying to delay the time so the four-eyes can run away while he still can. It’s not like she’s abandoning the mission; GirlCrush can handle him all right. She internally smirked when she heard the familiar ding sound. Now, she just need to-



 

 

“KYAAAAH!!”



 

 

“Huh?”

 

Turning her attention to the elevator, she saw the man holding a girl in his hold with a knife on her neck.


“DON’T MOVE OR I’LL KILL HER!”