Four

That Lip Balm Hunt [Hiatus]

 

 

A/N: Just because MiMo happened today! XD Enjoy the read~

 


 

 

 

“Mina?”

 

The red-haired girl turned at the mention of her name, the frown were suddenly replaced with a faint smile at the sight of a human with shiba inu look-alike.

 

“Yes?”

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Um, nothing’s wrong?”

 

“Wrong!” She exclaimed with a pointed finger, “Nothing has never been wrong so don’t put nothing on a wrong here. Everyone always said nothing is wrong when everything is always right. They don’t deserve this.”

 

“Eh? W-What are you trying to say..”

 

“I’m saying everything’s gonna be fine so stop frowning, okay?”

 

“What was that..” Mina giggled at her friend’s weird but adorable way of comforting her. “It’s just that, things have been a big ball of fuzzy and blurry pictures inside my head. I don’t really know what’s going on anymore.”

 

“I think you have anorexia.”

 

“You mean, amnesia?”

 

“Isn’t that the same thing?”

 

“Uhh, no.”

 

“Anyway, remember that day when you said someone found you fainted in an alleyway?”

 

Mina nodded.

 

“I think this ano-”

 

“Amnesia.”

 

“-is related to that. I mean, you fainted right? People who fainted, they fell on the ground.”

 

“You’re saying I hit my head somewhere?”

 

“Yah! Why are you so clever, Mina? No wonder you’re my friend.” Sana clapped her hand proudly.

 

“I guess so.”

 

Mina tried to convince herself but the dreams she had was so vivid, she can’t differentiate if they are real or not. Even the incident in the alleyway, she wondered if she had really fainted or not.

 

That time she woke up in a darkened room with that wide-eyed person too… Was it real? She thought it was just a dream.

 

But the one thing she still can’t forget was the yellow-haired person she saw that day.

 

“It was so yellow and bright..”

 

“Yeah. The sun is really yellow and bright.”

 

“Oh, no no. I wasn’t talking about the sun.” Mina smiled as she randomly remembered something, “Do you know about supermoon?”

 

“Is it related to zombies?”







 

--------------------







 

The blonde girl in casual looking pink hoodie, skinny jeans and a cap looked at her phone, the blinking red dot is getting closer as she approached a building. She wiped the sweat forming on her forehead. It’s really difficult to disguise in summer, especially when the team insisted on you wearing a hoodie in the middle of the day. Like, what was the purpose of disguising if you’re the only one standing out of the crowd? Who even actually does wear a hoodie in a hot scorching day like this?!

 

“Momo does.”

 

“Aishh..” Momo wanted to curse but instead, she popped a gummy into .

 

She stopped as she reached her destination. She looked up, a huge steel gate is blocking her from entering.

 

“A high school?”

 

“Cause she’s a schoolgirl, obviously.”

 

“So what now?”

 

Momo craned her neck left and right to check the place. The gate is three meters high, with barbed-wire fence surrounding the school. No one can jump over it without getting caught by the security. She spotted a few surveillance cameras on the school ground, but the guard post was vacant. She checked the time. It was almost past 1 in the afternoon.

 

“Is this a school or a prison?”

 

“What’s up, Moguri?”

 

“They got surveillance here. I think you should get in, then you’ll know what I mean.”

 

“I’m on it.”

 

Momo typed some things in her phone and saved it in case of future use. She took a walk along the sidewalk, taking notes of the school’s building and blocks architecture while looking for a back entrance she can break in.

 

“Whoa! And that whoa means like, WHOA kind of whoa.” The bunny sounded from her earpiece.

 

“Yeah, you’re right. It does looks like a prison.” Momo resumed her observation as she listened to Jihyo’s explanation. “M&D High School, it’s an elite school for special kids. And, guess what?”

 

“They’re doing human experiments on them?”

 

“No way, are they X-men?”

 

“Maybe the reincarnation of Teletubbies.”

 

“Unfortunately, no, no and no. That’s all the info I got on Google. Can you believe it?”

 

“Did you change the settings to Korean?”

 

“Omo! We can do that?”

 

“It might be due to security reason.”

 

“I’m not so sure about that tight security.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Can you see me, Nabong-unnie?” Momo stood in front of a security camera and happily waved.

 

“Yeah, I ca- HOLY BEAUTIFUL ME! How did you get in?”

 

“The guard post was empty so I just jumped in. Besides, you already got all the cams.”

 

“Good job, Moguri. This makes it all easier to find her.”

 

“I don’t think so, though.” Momo scratched her head with the view in front of her. The building is connected to one another and she hasn’t found a single door to get inside. She keeps on walking until she saw a directory of the school.

 

“Right is always right, to left is never a goodbye and the best can go dive down below… What the heck?”

 

“I think it’s a secret code or something.”

 

“But none of us has the brain for it.”

 

“Yeah, we’re stupid like that.”

 

“The hell, Jeong?”

 

Momo heard smacking sound on the back before Jihyo took over the mic.

 

“I’m really curious about this girl but the best we can do is to wait for Red outside the school area, just in case. We don’t know much about the place and what we’re dealing with.”

 

“As you say, Leader-nim.”

 

She decided to walk back the same way she got in while taking her time to unwrap a lollipop.



 

RUSTLE...



 

“Hm?”

 

Momo halted her steps when she heard the sound. It came from the bushes on her right. She looked left and right, but no one was there.



 

RUSTLE RUSTLE...



 

She took one step at a time towards the bush, not forgetting the put the lollipop into .

 

“Hey, Moguri. Why are you hunched down like that?”

 

Momo ignored Nayeon as she gets closer towards the rustling sound. Just as she was about to catch the thing inside the bush, a head poked out of it.

 

“Eeek!”

 

Momo got surprised at the smol human with tiger ears appearing in front of her, mirroring the same action as her.

 

“W-What are you..”

 

“You should get out of here! Hurry!”

 

“What, why?”

 

“Oh no. It’s too late.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!”

 

Momo whipped her head around and found two men in uniform coming her way. She turned back to the bush but the smol cub girl was nowhere to be found.

 

“Moguri, don’t let them catch you.”

 

She quickly sprang to her feet, trying to outrun the security. She was about to reach the guard post when suddenly, her body jolted in pain. The guards had shot her with a taser, making the girl fell on her feet and squirming with painful muscle spasm.

 

“We’ve got her!”

 

They surrounded her, checking on the intruder thinking she was already out cold. But they didn’t know a taser would never bring down the Moguri in Momo.

 

“What?”

 

The blonde opened her eyes and pulled the collar of the guard checking on her, banging their heads together. The shocking impact made him KO-ed immediately. The other quickly ran to the guard post to warn the others. Momo reached for the other’s taser and shot him but it was too late when the alarm suddenly started blaring all over the place.

 

“Damn.”

 

“Yah, Moguri! What are you doing?”

 

“They found me.”

 

“Get out of there quickly!”

 

“I’m trying, I’m trying.”

 

A few alerted security guards were swarming to her spot due to the alarm. Momo observed the bunch and deducted they’re experienced in combat. Probably some retired police or soldiers. Not of the sorts that Momo can’t handle but she still need to be cautious for any surprise attacks. They won’t build up this much security in a high school for nothing.

 

“She’s just a girl! Get her, guys!”

 

All of them were not heavily armed, only taser guns and expandable batons. The blonde prepared herself for close combat in a calm manner, not missing any of her attackers’ movements. One of them approached her and gave her a punch, but Momo only reacted with a side step and a backfist on his face.

 

One by one came to her but Momo kept her steady stance, not moving an inch from her spot while most of them were writhing in pain from her counterattacks.

 

“Can I go now?” She politely asked, only to receive a clap from someone hidden in the corner of the guard post.

 

Momo turned to the person, a tall woman with long jet black hair clad in a brown woman suit and white pants. She’s a beautiful lady with a mysterious air surrounding her and Momo knows this lady is not to be messed with.

 

“That was a nice performance from a girl like you.”

 

The woman slowly walked closer, her lips curled up at the sight of tensed Momo. She scrutinized the blonde up and down, making the latter uncomfortable with her deep gaze.

 

“I wondered how did you get inside with all the securities, girl?”

 

“I wonder too.” Momo shrugged, “You should ask the security team instead of me.”

 

“My, my. Not an answer I was expecting.” She chuckled in an amuse way, before frowning and side-glancing one of the guards standing beside her. “But I do hope it’s not a serious issue that needs my attention in the future.”

 

“Y-Yes, maam!” The one standing beside her responded in an uptight manner, probably scared of the outcomes to have this woman meddling with their lack of service as the security team.

 

“So tell me, girl.” She took a step forward, the differences in height already made Momo intimidated with the lady. “What are you actually doing here?”

 

Momo returned the strong stare she received, trying not to falter with her threatening aura. She took a deep breath before scratching her nape and lightly laughed.


 

ACTING MODE: ON!


 

“I was actually trying to find out how to enroll into this school. Ahaha!”

 

“E-Eh?”

 

“I just moved in the area and saw this huge building and thought ‘wow what is this place’ and you know, decided to look around and found out it’s actually a high school! I thought it’s open to public since there’s no one guarding it and maybe I can have some fun and visit the place. You know, since I just moved in the neighborhood. Ahahah!”

 

“Oh.” The woman clearly didn’t expect that from her but Momo keep her aloof front and continue her act. “Well... Welcome, I suppose?”

 

“Aww that’s really cold but thank you!” Momo deeply bowed, at the same time letting out a relieved sigh before facing up and showing the same aloof expression earlier.

 

“I’m really sorry though for hitting your guards I mean they came out of nowhere and attacked me like I’m trespassing or something. I mean, I‘m just a girl with no harm, you know?”

 

“You… clearly are.” The tall lady gave Momo a tight smile, the fighting scene earlier were still playing in her head.

 

“So, can I look around some more?” Momo quickly put her puppy face on, “Or you’re gonna kick me out for being amazed of this wonderful school?”

 

“U-Uhh..” The lady blinked, not sure how to respond with the cuteness in front of her. She averted her gaze elsewhere while rubbing her cheek. “It can’t be help then.”

 

“Eh? Really?”

 

The lady responded with a smile before reaching out a hand for a shake. “I’m Miss Seo Ju-hyun, you can call me Miss Seohyun. Welcome to M&D High School.”

 

Momo gladly accepted the handshake with a wide smile, “It’s nice to meet you, Miss Seohyun!”

 

They walked side by side into the building with Momo having a huge grin at her accomplishment, but not before posing with a peace sign at one of the the surveillance camera without Miss Seohyun’s knowledge.




 

---------------------





 

“Momo.”

 

“Just.”

 

“Did that.”

 

Their mouths were hanging wide open, having a mental breakdown at the agent’s antics as she stealthily pose on the camera.

 

“Aish, jinjja… This girl is going to give me a heart attack one of these days.” Jihyo rubbed her forehead, the headaches had been coming more frequently due to a certain Moguri.

 

“Don’t worry, Leader. It’s Momo we’re talking here.” Jeongyeon patted the leader’s back.

 

“I’m worried because it’s Momo!”

 

“Okay, relax and stop acting like an ahjumma. Take a deep breath..”

 

Jihyo followed her oldest unnie’s command, taking a few deep breaths to calm herself down.

 

“She’s already inside.”

 

Both of them rushed to Jeongyeon’s side, with Nayeon pushing the tallest off of her favourite squeaky chair.

 

“Ow... YAH!”

 

“My chair, my .” She growled.

 

“It doesn’t have your name!”

 

“It has the shape of my , mind you.”

 

“You-”

 

“Cut it with the love quarrel. I’m trying to listen to Momo.” Jihyo glared at the cowering unnies before returning her attention on the screens with multiple Momos from different angles.

 

“She’s still walking with the tall lady. What’s her name again?”

 

“Oh, so you’re the vice secretary of this school? How cool is that, Miss Seo Juhyun!”

 

“Seo Juhyun, huh… Why does that name rings a bell?”

 

“You want me to do a full check on her?”

 

“Yeah, that will be good.”

 

Cracking her fingers, Nayeon placed her hands on the keyboards and the sound of clacking keys being pressed filled the room with enormous speed. Even Jeongyeon is banging her head with each spacebar being pressed.

 

“What is that schoolgirl even doing in a place like this?”

 

“She must be one of those kids.” The sniper replied with her eyes still closed and head still banging with Nayeon’s rhythmic typing.

 

“What kids?”

 

“I searched up about the place we found Mousey just cause I’m bored.” She stopped her actions, took out her phone and scrolled some pages on the screen. “I thought it was a hospital but apparently it was actually a research facility.”

 

Jeongyeon showed Jihyo her phone, a picture of a few people in white lab coats were standing on the lobby for a group photo.

 

“Chil-Hyun Research Group?”

 

“There were news of some filed lawsuits against them involving violations of human rights and a freak accident because of some experiments, but none of them were made official.”

 

The information was a lot to take in, but Jihyo can feel some connections between the school and the research group. She shouldn’t be meddling with this matter; she’s only assigned to retrieve the pendrive and that’s it.

 

But something doesn’t feels right. It wasn’t a coincidence that the schoolgirl was there that night.

 

“Moguri, can you still hear me?”

 

It looks like she’s bopping her head leisurely or perhaps she’s nodding at everything Miss Seohyun is talking to her, but the subtle one second eye contact the blonde made with the camera ensured Jihyo she’s responding to her.

 

“They’re not cutting communication from outside..” The leader’s forehead creased together.

 

“It’s a good thing, right? We can still be in contact with Momo.”

 

“Or they can track us down,” Nayeon cut in without taking her eyes off the monitor, “..that is, if they know we’re up on their tail.”

 

The wheeled chair squeak as Nayeon turned towards her leader, her eyes flashing with a knowing glint, “Isn’t that right, Leader-nim?”

 

“Y-You’re right on that...” Jihyo cleared , her eyes looking everywhere except Nayeon’s accusing pair.

 

“For now, let’s just focus on bringing back that lipstick we need.”

 

“Whatever you say, Leader.”






 

-------------------------






 

The trip was boring, Momo thought.

 

There wasn’t even a trip in the first place. It was more like she’s being contained inside the secretary’s office rather than visiting the classes and students like she had wished for.

 

“I’m really sorry but this is the best I can do for you.”

 

“It’s fine! Really.” Momo put on her best smile, “I guess this is really the most prestigious high school here. I really hoped I can see some of the students.”

 

“Well, that is possible…”

 

“Are you sure?!” Momo almost jumped off her seat, just to show how damn eager she is with the school.

 

“If, and only IF..” Miss Seohyun put her hands together with a convincing smile. “..you’re a student here.”

 

Momo let out a hearty laugh with her big mouth wide open while slapping the table in an exaggerated manner, “Ahahaha that is so obvious! You sure like to joke around, Miss Seohyun.”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“Eh?”

 

Miss Seohyun opened her table drawer and took out a paper. “You just need to fill this up and you will be one of us soon.”

 

“T-That easy?” This time, Momo was genuinely surprised with the simplicity of becoming a student here. She thought it was for special students. She wasn’t even that special, not even normal in the first place, so how…?

 

“I see potential in you, Miss-...”

 

“Moguri.”

 

“Yes, Miss Moguri. You intrigued me somehow and I can see how fitting it would be for a lovely girl like you to wear our school uniform and be a part of the wonderful students here.”

 

The smile on her face was alarming, Momo can feel the hair on her skin already rising.

 

“Give it some thoughts.” She patted the paper before pushing it closer to the stunned Momo. “It’s a once in a lifetime chance for dedicated girls such as you, Miss Moguri.”

 

Momo felt uneasy being under her stare. The longer she stays inside the room, the higher chance for her charade to be blown. She calmed herself and put one last charming smile she could fake off.

 

“I can’t wait to be put under your care, Miss Seohyun.”

 

“Likewise.”






 

---------------------






 

The school bell rang, and Mina can’t wait to be out of the school ground. She always look forward to her ballet lessons, the only thing that brings enjoyment and clarity in her life. Her father just called earlier, informing no need for the daily visit to the facility for today. She didn’t bother to ask for the reasons. She’s just glad she can have some time off to herself, unless Sana wanted to hang out with her.

 

“Mina-yah~!”

 

Speaking of the devil.

 

The chirpy Sana ran to her side, her big smile showing her perfectly alligned white teeth.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“I’m free until my ballet class so I was thinking of going home.”

 

“Well, there’s this new cafe opening and it got this greaaat ice cream brownies with cherries and strawberries and mangos and all kinds of fruits on top! Let’s go, nee?”

 

“Uh…” Mina wanted to decline but it has been a while since she’s been out with her friends and having a break from her scheduled everyday life.

 

“Is it just the two of us?”

 

“Oh, Dubu and Chewy is coming too!”

 

“Ah, well…” Mina purposely delayed her response, waiting for her friend’s adorable pout to appear.

 

“Minaaa~”

 

It was really cute, and Mina is a er for it. She burst out a chuckle, nodding her head from Sana’s persistent pulling of her hand and deliberate swaying of their bodies.

 

“Okay, okay! Let’s go!”

 

“Assaaa!”

 

Mina gleefully laugh as she let Sana pulled her to their group of friends already waiting by the gate. They were happily chatting, deciding where to go when a movement caught Mina’s attention, causing her to whipped her head to the direction.

 

“Eh?”

 

She scanned the place, finding nothing out of sorts except for the other students walking and doing their own thing.

 

It was familiar.

 

She was sure it was the same colour as the-

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Hm?”

 

A hand on her shoulder caused Mina to turn her attention back to her friends. She shook her head and smiled, “It was nothing.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Her head bobbed up and down, her shining red hair bouncing together due to the afternoon sun rays as she minded her own business..

 

...barely missing the owner of the yellow hair who had just walked passed her, also oblivious of the other’s presence.