Chapter 10

Future Dreams

Six months later, Eun Ji and Hoseok had grown much closer. They had initially been a little awkward around each other, the process of going from strangers, to friends, to one-sided love, to boyfriend/girlfriend had been a long one, but they had managed to overcome their awkwardness and realised that they were a really good couple. Hoseok had become more confident and was back to his old self, he had even started talking about dancing again.

 

Through some persuasion, he had demonstrated his skills for Eun Ji who was gobsmacked by his skills. He had begun teaching her, even though she protested that she was too uncoordinated. He was patient with her, and eventually she started to pick up some of his moves.

 

One night, they were lying on his couch, her squished against his side as they watched the latest episode of the drama they liked. Hoseok cleared his throat, “So I was thinking… I might go back to the dance studio.” He said quietly. Eun Ji smiled at him, readjusting her position, folding her arms over his chest, resting her chin on her interlinked fingers. “Really?” she asked excitedly. He nodded, turning to face her, his fingers running down her back. “I don’t know why; I’ve just had this feeling that it’s time to go back. I mean, I can only imagine how much worse Namjoon's skills have become since I stopped going.” Eun Ji snorted. She had witnessed Namjoon's dancing for herself and she was sure that he could use some pointers.

 

“I think that’s a great idea.” She said as she reached forward and pecked his lips. “Do you wanna come with me?” he asked. She thought over his offer for a few minutes. “I dunno, Hoseok. You know my skills are worse than Namjoon's.” she said with a smile. “Then how about for moral support? You can be my personal cheerleader.” He said with a big grin and puppy dog eyes. She rolled her eyes and he cheered loudly, knowing that his puppy dog eyes worked every time. “You're the best!” he said as he squeezed her tightly. She slapped his chest playfully. “Yeah, and you better not forget it.” She joked as they returned their attention back to their drama.

 

 

 

 

 

She sat open-mouthed on the floor as she watched Hoseok dance, her water bottle frozen inches away from . The whole way to the dance studio he had been warning her that he was rusty and probably wouldn’t be any good. She had done her best to convince him that no matter what, she was going to be impressed but she hadn’t been prepared to see him like this. The second the music started, his nerves seemed to completely vanish. He moved as if he had been born to dance. She completely lost track of time as she watched him dance. A minute could have passed, or was it an hour? She didn’t even notice as Namjoon dropped down beside her, not able to keep up with Hoseok any longer. He grinned at her expression before grabbing the bottle from her hand and drinking half the contents.

 

She tore her gaze away from Hoseok long enough to elbow Namjoon in the ribs. “Get your own.” She grumbled as she grabbed the bottle back and took a sip of the cold water, her eyes immediately returning to Hoseok. “He's good isn’t he?” Namjoon said, his gaze also wandering over to Hoseok. She nodded, “Better than good! I’ve never seen anyone dance like this, except those idols on TV.” Namjoon chuckled at her response. “He’ll love that.” He said with a grin.

 

The song ended and Hoseok rushed over to them, using his t-shirt to wipe away his sweat as he stole Eun Ji’s water. “Can no one buy their own water?” she grumbled as he finished the bottle and gave her a guilty smile. “Sorry babe.” He sat down in front of her, his cheeks flushed from exertion, and a massive smile on his face. “Well, how was it?” he asked excitedly. “You're amazing!” she said happily. “She thinks you're better than the idols on TV.” Namjoon said with a smirk.

 

Hoseok smiled brightly at her. “Really? Maybe I could be the newest addition to VIXX or something?” he joked. They sat together for a while longer to let Hoseok catch his breath after dancing for so long. Namjoon headed out before them to get to the bar for his shift. “I’ll just go get changed then we can head out, ok?” she nodded and pushed him away with a squeal as he tried to hug her. “Don’t touch me, you're sweaty as hell.” She said with a chuckle. She noticed the evil smirk that creeped onto his face.

 

She quickly scrambled to her feet, “Hoseok… don’t even think about it.” She said as she backed away from him. He stood up and opened his arms. “Come on babe, I just want a hug.” He said as he took a step closer to her. “Hoseok, I’m warning you. Don’t you- AH!” she screamed as Hoseok lunged forward for her, missing her by inches as she skittered away from him. He started chasing her around the small studio, their loud laughs filling the room. Eun Ji headed for the door, flinging it open and running into someone.

 

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry.” She said as she looked up at the stranger in the doorway. “Hey, sorry. I know we’re over time. We were just leav-...” Hoseok said, suddenly stopping when he saw who was in the doorway. “Hyunwon.” He said, all traces of laughter gone from his voice. Eun Ji looked at the man in the doorway. He looked to be a little older than them, his expression hard as he looked between her and Hoseok. She could sense the subtle shift in the atmosphere and she suddenly felt like she shouldn’t be there.

 

She subconsciously took a step back and she felt Hoseok's gentle hand on her arm. She glanced up at him, his expression completely serious as he looked at the man in the doorway. She glanced back at Hyunwon who was staring at Hoseok's hand which was still on her arm. She didn’t know why, but his intense gaze made her feel uncomfortable. She took a step away from Hoseok, his hand slipping down to his side. Hoseok glanced at her, her nervousness written all over her face, he knew that she could sense that something wasn’t right.

 

Hoseok bit his lip and stepped closer to her, slipping his hand into hers and giving it a reassuring squeeze. “Long time no see, Hyunwon. How have you been?” Hoseok asked hesitantly. “Not as good as you apparently.” He replied curtly. Hoseok sighed gently. He felt Eun Ji worriedly squeeze his hand and gave her a small smile. “We were just leaving.” He said as he picked up his bag from beside the door way. “Good.” Was all Hyunwon said as he pushed passed them. Hoseok pulled Eun Ji out of the studio. She didn’t dare say anything as he pulled her down the still busy streets.

 

They walked for ages until they finally reached the small park where they continued to meet up to run. It wasn’t until they had lost themselves down one of the many paths that she dared to say anything. “Hoseok?” she said, hating how small her voice sounded. Hoseok finally stopped his brisk walking, leading her to a small bench and sitting her down. “I’m sorry.” He said quietly. “Who is he?” she asked, noticing his grip tighten ever so slightly on her hand. “He’s Da Mi’s older brother.”

 

Realization smacked her in the face. He was his ex-girlfriends brother and from what she could tell, they didn’t have the best relationship. Hoseok sighed deeply. “We used to be really close, but he never truly forgave me for what happened. He still thinks that it’s my fault, he thinks that I should have saved her.” Eun Ji grabbed both of his hands tightly, “Hoseok, listen to me. It’s not your fault. You know that.” She said, hoping that he would listen to her.

 

Hoseok felt guilty at hearing the worry in her voice. He turned to her and gave her a weak smile. “I know. It’s just that I’ve barely seen him since it happened. The last time I saw him he gave me a hell of a beating.” He said with a rueful chuckle. Eun Ji suppressed the gasp that wanted to make its way out of . Instead, she wrapped her arms around him, pulling him tightly against her, her previous aversion to his sweat completely forgotten. He wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly, taking in all of the comfort she offered.

 

They stayed that way for some time, wrapped in each other’s embrace until he finally pulled away from her, giving her a thankful smile. He cupped her cheek and leant forward, pouring his gratitude into their kiss. Her eyes slipped closed as he nipped at her bottom lip, begging her for entrance to , which she gave willingly. She let him dominate the kiss, his tongue leaving no inch of untouched as their tongues and teeth clashed together as he held her as close as he could. When his screaming lungs finally forced them apart, he pressed their foreheads together, their breaths mingling together as he looked into her eyes. “I love you.” He whispered, the sudden confession catching her completely off-guard.

 

Her heart skipped a beat, her breath hitching at his words. Up until this moment, neither one of them had ever said those three words. She couldn’t hide the smile that crept onto her face. “I love you too.” He grinned wildly at her before wrapping his arms around her in a bone crushing hug. “What did I do to deserve you?” he whispered into her hair. She chuckled as she raised her arms as best she could to return the hug. “I ask myself the same thing every day.”