Ordinary Love

My Annoying Orange

"Yeah... besides we have not seen each other in a while," Kyung said.

Kyung was unsure but he hoped today would be just one of those days, you know where people don't recognize you while you walk around. They do a double take but think that you are just an ordinary person, nothing special. Just for today, he wanted that, for both himself and Zico. "Ey, you ready you annoying orange?" Zico asked.

Kyung grabbed his shoes and ran after Zico as he left the house. Eventually, they get to Zico's car, Zico opened the passenger door for Kyung and gave a slight bow. Kyung shook his head and sat in, once the door shut Zico ran around to the driver side and got in. Kyung struggled to put on his shoes since they had thick insoles.... and so what, he wanted to be taller for his own reasons. One reason being if he was tall enough he could see Zico face to face. 

"Uhm, so where do you want to go?" Zico asked. Looking over to see Kyung fighting with his shoes in the cramped car. He reached over and hit a latch under the seat as it slid back to give Kyung some more room. Kyung fidgeted a bit and stopped moving when Zico got close, then suddenly the seat jolted back giving him more room for his legs. 

"I guess, I mean we could go to Jeju island or Itaewon. I don't know, I have not gone out much lately." Kyung said. Zico stared at Kyung a look of disbelief flashing for a bit. 

"You go out all the time, so much so that at one point some of the reporters thought you had something going on. I saw the news dude!" Zico said, "To Jeju Island Maze it is then." Zico reached over Kyung and pulled the seatbelt into place. Kyung blushed briefly but turned his head toward the window so Zico would not be able to see it. 

The car jetted to life and they made their way to Jeju. After about 2 hours they reached the Island, they walked about hoping to just share some small talk until they reached their destination.

Soon enough they arrived at the maze and began their journey. Zico was in control of the map, Kyung was merely there for entertainment purposes. Throughout the journey every now and again Kyung would randomly sing parts of songs or try to tell a joke which in Zico's opinion was pretty similar to older humor. In retrospect, Kyung had more of a mature personality so trying to relate with Zico through jokes, trends, and music sometimes didn't work out they way he wanted it to. 

Eventually, Zico stopped walking in the confusion, Kyung had to turn around when he noticed Zico was no longer beside him. "Are we lost?" Kyung asked.

"No- no we are not lost, I know how to read a map," Zico said.

"Okay, then right now where are we?" Kyung asked. Zico squinted at the map, turned it sideways and then upside down. He looked for some sort of landmark but couldn't see any higher than the maze. Zico's ears began to turn red, he felt so embarrassed, in no way was he going to admit he was lost. He turned toward Kyung direction to find him closer than he thought he was. His heart began to race and he was unable to move. Kyung reached for the map in Zico's hand and then looked him in the eyes. There was a brief moment of silence.

"I'll look," Kyung said. 

"What?" Zico replied crashing back to earth. Kyung turned around and moved to a tree that was nearby.

"I said I will look, I can see above the maze if I climb up this tree. I will see if there is something nearby that is similar to anything on the map and find out where we are exactly." Kyung said.

"Oh," Zico sighed. He walked over to the tree and was ready to help Kyung if he needed any. Kyung started to climb up the tree, however, he was not able to get high enough, unable to reach the next branch because of his short legs. All of a sudden he felt hands on his , he nearly let go of the tree out of fright only to have Zico groan, "Oy don't let go! You'll hurt yourself damn it!" Kyung gripped onto the tree once again a blush creeping from his ears down to his neck. 'Oh MY GOD!' Kyung thought his focus was completely thrown off. Of course, the only way Zico could boost him up was by.... *Sigh*

Kyung managed to get higher up and see above the maze. He looked out and saw the middle of the maze which seemed pretty interesting, but that did not help to see where they were at exactly. Instead he looked for the beginning of the maze when he found it he asked Zico if he had a pen, and of course, he did. Who knows where lyrics will suddenly come from and when they will come. He tried to toss the pen high enough for Kyung, but the pen was just enough out of reach that trying to reach out for it caused the branch he was on to snap and he fell down on top of Zico.

Zico started to groan in pain, Kyung was not that heavy but he fell from a good distance to leave bruises on both of them. Kyung had his arms clasped to his chest, one leg between Zico's and the other flat on the ground. Zico was laying flat on his back his hands above his head. Kyung started to push himself up, Zico cussed under his breath and then opened his eyes to see exactly what had happened. Kyung tried to get up enough to sit on his knees but before he even got halfway up Zico let out a sudden gasp. "Hey, are you okay! Oh god, I fell on you, where does it hurt?" Kyung asked.

Zico slightly lifted his head to look at Kyung and that's when he noticed that regardless of the situation right now he was so . There was a bit of pain but something about the way things went made it seem as though Kyung was doing this on purpose, and he was rough. But it was probably him overthinking things. 

The leaves of the bushes began to rustle and two girls stumbled into the area. They saw Zico and Kyung and did not look away. One was blushing like mad and the other was trying to push her friend past the scene even though she was staring at them as well. Kyung freaked out to see that there was even people here. Turning his head to hide from their eyes and hopefully, they did not notice who they were. Zico grabbed the hood of Kyungs coat and pulled it over his head. 

Then he slightly sat up and put his hood on as well. It was a bit painful sitting up but he took this chance to slide his arm around Kyung pulling him closer. "Do you think they recognized us?" He asked. Their breathing was sporadic and you could see it mix thanks to the weather. Zico stared at Kyung just a bit more pulling himself closer and closer to Kyung. Then he gave him a slight smile and said, "You are my annoying orange now and forever."