Together is to get her

To Stay Away

"______? What's going on?"

______ looked down at her lap, fidgeting. She was silent for a few seconds as she decided what to say.

"Well...I guess you already know that...I....like you?" It came out as more of a quiet question.

Irene thought she looked like a cute little kid who got in trouble as she sat on the chair, looking down at her hands, which were clasped together in her lap.

"What was that?"

"I," ______ cleared . "I like you..." She looked up at Irene, but she couldn't read her face.

"Since when?"

"Well...I guess since a long time ago...but I thought it was just 'cause you were a really pretty best friend I grew up with. Then few weeks ago I hung out with Tiff and Tae and they said I liked you and I was so confused and then I avoided you for a week 'cause you were dating Bogum and I didn't like seeing you together and I thought maybe my feelings would go away but then I really, really missed you." ______ took a breath.

"And then I went back to you guys and our friends found out because apparently I was really obvious and they really wanted me to tell you but I thought you were happy and in love with Bogum. Then we had those study sessions and movie nights and I kept wishing they were dates and then you broke up with him and our friends kept telling me to confess but you just broke up so I decided to just...try to show you I liked you with my actions first and that's what I did these past few weeks when we went anywhere together and...I'm sorry." ______ whispered the last part.

Irene sat down beside her and ______ didn't dare to move.

"Why are you sorry?

"Our friendship is going to be really awkward now, isn't it?" ______ looked away.

"Hey, ______. Look at me." Irene gently touched her fingers under ______'s chin to move her head to face her.

"You know, I always thought you were like a best friend to me,"

I knew it.

"But you were always closer to me than our other close friends. A lot of times, we would hang out together and you would do little stuff for me, like pull out my chair or wipe my mouth after we ate or just open the door for me. Sometimes, you would win prizes and give them to me, and you always ended up paying for more than you should have but you wouldn't let me pay," Irene said.

"A lot of times, I thought, 'I wish my boyfriend would treat me this way.'"

"You know, I've noticed you being nice to me, ______. And especially in the past few weeks, I kept thinking you were really cute, and that I wouldn't mind dating you."

______ looked up in surprise. "Really?"

Irene nodded. "So you know. Our friendship will get really awkward..."

______ let out a sigh.

"If you don't ask me out right now."

______'s head shot up. "What? W-wait! Give me a minute first! Wait here, I'll be right back!" She ran out of the cafeteria.

When she came back, she was holding something behind her back. She cleared dramatically, standing in front of Irene who was sitting on the chair. "Irene, my Baechu, will you be my girlfriend?" She pulled out a flower from behind her back, holding it with both hands as she offered it to the girl sitting before her. Irene chuckled, taking it.

"You ran out just for this?"

"It was last minute! You didn't give me a warning, I had to try to make it at least a little more romantic."

Irene laughed at that. "You dork."

She stood up so that she was the same height as ______. "Of course I will, you little dork."

She then leaned closer and gave ______ a kiss on the cheek. The skin where her lips had touched immediately turned bright red.

______ froze for a few seconds then cheered loudly, throwing a fist up, and catching the attention of the people around them in the crowded cafeteria. "Irene is my girlfriend now! Take that, Bogum and her other ex-boyfriends!" She did another fist pump, grinning happily, and Irene laughed, kissing her cheek again to the cheers of a few people around them, and also a few judgmental stares(because who are we kidding, it's still Korea, a relatively conservative country).

Irene grabbed her phone and they took a few commemorative selfies, making different poses like ______ kissing her cheek, holding up two fingers and both of them grinning happily.

"I've got an even better idea," ______ said, grabbing their stuff and pulling Irene to the nearest photo booth.

"Wow, you're excited today."

"How could I not be? The prettiest girl in the world just agreed to be my girlfriend!"

"Now that you're my girlfriend, should I be expecting more cheesy compliments?"

"Do you like cheesy compliments?"

"Well...they're nice to hear," Irene admitted.

"Then yes, expect many cheesy compliments."

They got two copies of the photos from the photo booth, one for each of them.

Every time they went on a ride, ______ would buy the pictures that were taken of them on the ride. Irene complained that she always looked super startled in them but ______ said that it didn't matter since she was still the prettiest girl in the world and made Irene blush.

______ didn't even complain about actually riding the rides(for the most part), and they went on a lot more before night fell and Taeyeon came to pick them up. Tiffany was also in the car, since they were just on a date of their own.

"Hey ______, Irene. Did you have fun?" Tiffany asked as the car door closed behind the two and Taeyeon started driving.

"Irene is my girlfriend!" ______ grinned the dorky, happy smile that she couldn't seem to wipe off her face.

The new couple could practically feel the car shaking with all the screams of the two girls in the front.

"I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT, NEW OTP!" Tiffany cheered.

"MY SISTER IS JUST AS GAY AS I AM!" Taeyeon exclaimed. "AND HER GIRLFRIEND IS PRETTY TOO!"

"I KNOW RIGHT, THEY'RE SO CUTE!"

"Unnie, stop it!" Irene complained, her face red from blushing and laughing.

"Yah, if it weren't for us telling ______ that she liked you, you two wouldn't even be together right now. Be grateful!" Taeyeon admonished jokingly.

"I am forever indebted!" ______ said, bowing as best as she could in the car seat.

"You're just as dorky as unnie," Irene laughed.

"And you still like me," ______ said, kissing her cheek.

"Awww, you two are so adorable!" Tiffany gave her eye smile.

Soon they were in front of Irene's house.

"You want to come in, ______?"

"Now that you're dating though, no sleepovers in each other's bedroom!" Taeyeon declared.

"Yah, byuntae*!"

"We aren't going to do anything!"

"Sure you aren't," Taeyeon winked. "Nah, I'm just kidding. But just saying, My sister has a thing for butts. You'd better watch out, ______."

"Unnie!"

"You're one to talk," Tiffany muttered. Taeyeon grinned and patted her girlfriend's as they walked upstairs into Taeyeon's room.

The new couple walked into the living room, where Irene's parents were sitting.

"Oh hi, ______! Taeyeon told us you two went to the amusement park. Did you have fun?"

"Um..." ______ hesitated, but she got a nod from Irene and continued. "I'm really happy about today because Irene agreed to be my girlfriend now."

Taeyeon's parents smiled at the news, congratulating their younger daughter. _____ smiled in relief that she had their approval.

"I'm glad that both our daughters have such pretty girlfriends!" ______ blushed.

"We're watching you now," Irene's father said to ______, winking. "Better be careful."

"I'll treat your daughter well, sir!" she grinned as she walked to the door. They had decided not to have ______ sleep over that night, especially since they just started dating.

"Goodnight, Irene-ah," ______ said at the door.

"Goodnight," Irene smiled. "I love you."

______ couldn't stop grinning as she said, "I love you" back.

They stood there for a little longer as neither wanted the other to leave.

"It's late," Irene whispered. "You'd better get going."

"Goodnight kiss?"

Irene pulled her head in and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"Go home, I'll see you tomorrow. I love you."

"I love you too."


 

If ______ had to avoid Irene to hide her own feelings, she would do so in a heartbeat.

But she didn't really have to hide her feelings anymore.

Not from Irene.

Her girlfriend.


 

*Byuntae=ert, both ByunTaeyeon and Byunrene are known for having a thing for butts ;)

A/N A possibly last message from the author
Well im out of inspo juice again so that's the end! Sorry if it was a disappointing ending, I'm not very good at confessions.

Thank you for all of the support for my first multi-chaptered story, first kpop fanfic, and first fanfic on AFF(meaning not locked up deep in my computer files)! You readers always made me smile every time you left a comment and to anyone who left a comment or subscribed, thank you so much.

Don't worry, there's a bonus chapter coming up tomorrow that just didn't fit in the story and my goals in the story, so the story's not completely over yet.

Want this story to continue? Well, I'm out of inspo juices but maybe you aren't! Leave me a prompt or request in the comments and I'll try my best to respond to every single one and add it as a bonus chapter. Who knows, if I have a coherent plot idea maybe I'll even write a sequel.

You can also request prompts and stuff unrelated to this story. Doesn't even have to be one prompt, it can be like an entire story and I'll try my best. Leave a comment on here or on my wall or pm me or comment on that one blog post I have, whichever you prefer.

Upvote this story if you liked it(if you want to)

Add me as a friend if you like and feel free to talk to me whenever about whatever, as always. I hope I see you all again!