Flirting with her(?)

To Stay Away

There was something different about ______ after that day and all her friends noticed. It was a week after ______ went over to talk to Irene. Wendy, Yeri, Joy, and Seulgi weren't very satisfied with the results of that talk("Why didn't you confess?") but they all noticed a little difference. A good difference.

Her footsteps seemed lighter, she enjoyed going to class more(I know, who would've thought?) and she seemed bright and smiley all the time.

Maybe it was the news that she had a chance. Hope breeds happiness after all, and ______ now had hope when there was none before.

Or maybe it was just that she was cuter and much closer to Irene.

Plus, she had made some progress with Irene which she was very proud of, though her friends still claimed that they would've been dating by now if ______ wasn't such a shy coward(to quote Joy).

The two continued those study sessions, though it became more and more like movie nights and less and less like study sessions. They often hung out on the weekends too.

Now it was Saturday, and Irene was bored. As usual, she called up ______.

"______-ah"

"Yeaaaaa?"

"Wanna go to the amusement park?"

"..." To be honest, ______ was scared of almost every single rollercoaster people found "fun" or "exhilarating". For her it was more like "terrifying" and "why".

"I'll buy you ice cream when we're there," Irene bribed.

______ probably would have gone without the ice cream just cause it was Irene who asked, but a bit of ice cream didn't hurt either.

"Fine, I'll go...."

"Great! Be ready in ten minutes, I'll have Taeyeon drive us."

______ threw her wallet in her bag, put on a big t-shirt, shorts, and a baseball cap, and headed downstairs. She packed a few water bottles just as the bell rang.

______ opened the door and smiled.

"We're going to the amusement park, you don't need to look so pretty," ______ said. She had started getting bolder these past few days, and so far, Irene hadn't stopped her, just blushing...like now.

"Where did that come from?" Irene asked, still red.

"Nowhere, I just think you look pretty, Baechu-ah," ______ said, hurrying to the car so that Irene wouldn't see her furious blushing. She may have gotten bolder, but she was still just as shy inside.

"Hey, Taeyeon unnie," ______ said, opening the car door. She politely ushered Irene inside first before getting in herself.

Taeyeon grinned at her knowingly, like I saw what you did there. ______ smiled shyly in return.

The car ride was just as fun as the other one as the two idol trainee sisters showcased their talents and ______ clapped and sang like their biggest fan.

Before they knew it, they had already arrived at the amusement park. ______ gulped at the towering rides she could see through the car window and the distant muffled screaming she could hear.

As if she knew what she was thinking, Irene turned to the other girl, "it's too late to back out now, so come on!"

"That's not creepy," ______ muttered, following Irene out of the car.

"Have fun!" Taeyeon called cheerfully. "______, take care of my sister, ok?" The oldest girl gave her a dorky wink.

"I think she's going to be taking care of me," ______ said, still staring in fear at the rides.

Irene rolled her eyes. "It'll be fine. Relax!" She grabbed ______'s hand and lead her to the ticket booth.

"Two adult tickets please," Irene said. ______ pulled out her wallet and paid before Irene could move a muscle and congratulated herself for her quick action in the form of a fist pump.

"Yah! You weren't supposed to pay for us, dork."

"Too bad, I already did," ______ stuck out her tongue, reaching out to hold Irene's hand again.

The first ride Irene took ______ on was admittedly fun. It wasn't super fast and didn't go upside down nor really high at all. In fact, most of the people in line were 10, but it sufficiently calmed ______ down so that Irene could drag ______ onto the next ride.

The Diablo.

They were near the front of the line before ______ got a good look at the ride, and she regretted it as soon as she watched the ride.

The ride started with an excruciatingly long climb up....backwards. The track is practically vertical as the car stops at the top of the track for a few seconds before it zooms down faster than you can blink, takes a sharp twist to the left, goes upside down and takes a few more sharp turns. Then there's a slightly shorter climb up another vertical track, before it shoots back the way it came but this time, backwards. The ride only took a few seconds, but that was more of a testament to how fast the ride was rather than how short in distance.

All in all, ______ was terrified.

They sat in the middle so that they didn't have to climb up as high on either side of the ride, and ______ clung onto Irene's hand.

"Ow-ow..." ______ quickly let go of her hand when she realized how tight she was squeezing.

"Sorry...."

Irene smiled softly. "Hey, it's alright. Put your hands here," she said, wrapping her arms around her seatbelt. "And lean your head all the way back on the chair-that's it. Now just....relax."

"You want me to relax on-AH!"

The ride had started moving backwards, inching slowly upwards. ______ breathed more heavily the farther they were to the ground.

And suddenly they were dropping towards the ground like gravity suddenly decided to work and ______ screamed along with all the other riders. ______ was jolted to the left, and then she shut her eyes as she seemed to float for a few seconds when the ride turned upside down.

"I'm gonna die!" ______ screamed as they were jostled around between the seat belts.

"No, we're not!"

"You might not, but I'm gonna have a heart attack!"

Then the ride was over and ______ was already absolutely exhausted. It was only the second ride but ______ felt like she had spent the entire day at this park.

Irene had to support ______'s shaky legs as they got off the ride. The fear of falling had made her tense her legs through the entire ride and she didn't even want to walk.

"Carry meee," she begged Irene.

"Fine, you big baby."

Immediately, ______'s eyes lit up and she hopped onto Irene's back, holding Irene's bag in one hand.

______ took a few selfies of them as Irene carried her to the nearest ice cream stand.

"Hi, ice cream halmoni. Can I have a vanilla ice cream?"

"You two girls are so cute! Of course you may," the ice cream lady said, making the girls blush. She swirled ice cream on top of a cone.

"A little extra for the cute couple," she said, handing it to them.

"We're not-"

"Omo its so big. ______, do you mind if we share?"

"No, of course not!"

They sat down on a nearby park bench and of course, took a few selfies while they ate the ice cream together.

The rest of the day was the same. Irene would drag ______ onto a ride, ______ would give in because she would never say no to Irene(she distinctly remembers Wendy calling her "so whipped" more than once) and then ______ would scream in terror and get off the ride exhausted, but glad that Irene was having fun.

_____ bought a small version of the picture taken on some of the rides.

"Yah, why are you buying those? I look horrible!"

"They're souveniers! And anyways, you always look beautiful," ______ said casually, making Irene blush and hit her shoulder lightly.

They had dinner at the park. It was completely overpriced, but ______ decided to worry about her wallet later.

"______, I'm gonna go use the bathroom." Irene stood up.

"Ok, I'll watch the stuff." Irene smiled and went to go look for the toilet.

______ pulled out her phone while she waited. There was an entire conversation but she didn't bother to read anything except the last three comments

Yeri: where are u ______

Seulgi: yeah she hasnt been replying

Joy: neither has irene

______: I'm at the amusement park with Irene

Wendy: OOH

Wendy: so. Progress?

Joy: did you kiss her yet?

Seulgi: omg joy stop with the kissing

Yeri: did you at least like hold hands or some elementary school stuff

______: yeah

Wendy: ASJFUNELS

Yeri: YAAAS U GO GIRL

Joy: did u compliment her.

______: i asked why she was so pretty just to go to an amusement park

Wendy: NICE

______: it's the truth ~^.^~

Yeri: awwww ur so cheesy

Seulgi: were u all boyfriend-y

Seulgi: DID U PAY FOR THE TICKETS.

Yeri: what is it with u and money

______: yeah that too

Seulgi: GOOD JOB MY PROTEGE

Wendy: DID YOU LIKE OPEN THE DOORS FOR HER AND STUFD

______: I do that normally anyways

Joy: *wipes tear* our bb ______ is growing up

Wendy: our bb ______ knows how to treat a lady now

Yeri: did u confess

Joy: OMO DID U CONFESS

______: no of course not

Joy: CONFESSSSS

Wendy: GET IT GURL

Yeri: CONFESSS

"______?" Irene stood in front of ______, back from the restroom. "What...?"

She was holding out her phone, and on the phone....

______: YOU BABOS THIS IS THE GROUP CHAT WITH IRENE IN IT YALL ARE DEAD

Yeri: oh shoot

Joy: f***

Seulgi: Oh s***

Wendy: well now u have ur perfect chance to confess. I'm outta here

*Wendy has left the group chat*

Joy: you're on your own, girl

*Joy has left the group chat*

*Yeri has left the group chat*

*Seulgi has left the group chat*

"______? What's going on?"


 

A/N

Hehe >~<