004

What Is Love (사랑은 무)

¤chae haneul¤

it's been around.. a week or so since taedong has transfered to our school. today was the day all of our mom's planned a party for for new neighbor, which we haven't met yet. i was fliming episode 2 today, where the groups would show their first evaluation.

my stylist taped the wire of the mic to my back, making sure it wouldn't fall off during the performance. all 6 of us held hands backstage, our heart pumping. would some of us be eliminated on the our first evaluation? i peek out on the stage and see the team finishing up their performance to co-ed school's too late. 

i clenched onto the microphone tightly, my lips pursed. once the team exited the stage after their interview, our MCs, park bogum and kim taehee speak. 

"team heartbeat had a very nice concept, right bogum?"she asks.

bogum happily nods, making every female in the crowd scream. "yes, mc taehee. now, we have our next team, team 6th sense performing exo's growl!"

"6th sense, please come out on stage!"the two smile in unison.

we look at each other, encouragingly and get into our positions. right now, minah, jonghyun, and yeoreun were visible to the crowd. i hid behind the stage with insoo and taehyun, watching the trio do the intro for the music.

yo, okay, 6th sense

we go onto the stage, getting into our positions and immediatley dancing to the music.

¤jung giseok¤

the 6 trainees dance on stage, charisma exploding from them. all 7 of us scream loudly for insoo and haneul.

"HANEULLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! INSOOOOOO!!!!!"hocheol screams, grabbing onto me and changmin, jumping up and down.

"why is the music so loud in this room?"mrs. chae asks, our mothers nodding in agreement. 

when haneul's voice starts singing baekhyun's part, all of us start yelling including our mothers.

"OH MY GOSH BESTIE!!!!!!"david yells, all of us laughing.

"SLAY GIRL!!!!!!!"inpyo screams. ah yes, some of our older friends were able to attend the concert. they were also friends with haneul. inpyo showed haneul to have a lot of confidence on stage.

she goes next to insoo who was currently the center, the chorus playing. we dance along and practically scream the fan chants. so this is what it felt like to be a fan in the crowd. i remember seeing the crowd for the first time during my first performance. i remember seeing haneul in the crowd cheering for me with a few of my other clasmates and all of our parents. 

the performance ended, all of them posing, looking towards the crowd. after a minute or so, they bow deeply and get into a line.

"this was 6th sense, how did you think of their performance?"

everyone screams as a reply, making the visual mcs laugh. the leader, jonghyun speaks for the team who were currently sending hearts and waves to the fans. we look at haneul who was currently waving to fans all the way in the back.

"haneul!!!"jonghyuk exclaims.

her attention darted to us, a wide smile appearing. she waves happily, her smile as bright as the sun.

so this is how it felt for her to support us. the cameraman noticed us and filmed us for reactions every once in a while. 

"please enter your votes for each member in 6th sense. and rank the group's over-all performance."bogum instructs, everyone immediatley voting on the device they got before entering. the anxious and nervous look replaced their bright smiles, scanning the audiecnce.

"3...2..1. please stop the voting now and say bye to 6th sense." taehee says.

they all yell, leaving the 6 to bow once again and dismiss from the stage.